Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Getting around to replying to things. Pirate is next, but I need to sleep.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Getting around to replying to things. Pirate is next, but I need to sleep.
Sleepy pirate.

Unrelately,thanks to bear totem err. advancedw wolf totem poweRS, acid would also be cut in half.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sleepy pirate.

Unrelately,thanks to bear totem err. advancedw wolf totem powesl, acid would also be cut in half.
Mm, yes. Will update that.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Unrelatedly, If I grab dat hat, and dat hat grabs me, cna I move?

Aka both grapples ruinsmovement for the grappled, but I figure if Sylvia can get soomewhat control of the head she can scuttle along, Kick Morgana. *noanoa*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No, neither of you would be able to move. This is what I was posting about when the topic first came up.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, was just clarifying cause that limits Sylvieas options to 'I whack it till its dead' then.. or till I'm dead that thing dealt enough damage to kill anyone else alreaey.. At least when she grapples it that too that makes it impossible for the hat to deal with anyone else.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Completely unrelated to anything, hey look, it's Gygax talking about alignment.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So there's an issue with Pervy's move.

You get 1 action and 1 bonus action per turn.

If you strike with both your weapon and your off-hand, you are using the bonus action to get that off-hand strike.

Tavern Brawler Feat says that in addition to your unarmed strikes doing 1d4 damage, you may use a bonus action to attempt a grapple.

So basically, Pervy can have Sylvia make an unarmed strike against the mimic, then make a grapple check as per her feat, or she can make both an unarmed punch and an axe attack.

Which one would you prefer?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

gotcha, punch and axe attack without grapple it is.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cool. So Sylvia hits with both, going hell-for-leather on the mimic. Ooze starts to fly and the mimic hisses, but still holds on, continuing to roll around with the redhead in the rain and mud.

Blarg:

Morgantha didn't get that far away from you, so you don't need to dash unless you want to circle around and overtake her.

Also, I'm thinking you meant Action Surge to attempt the grapple. If you just want to move up to within range of her, I can have you use grapple without using the action surge (and thus save it for later maybe).

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, well I'll go with that then.

I'd originally wanted to Thunderwave her backwards, but then I looked at what that actually does again and man it's not a very strong push is it? Doesn't knock her prone or anything either, rip.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Definitly grabbing a fighter level for Rovana. An action surge'd sleight of hand right now would really ruin Morgys day.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*wiggles* Busy slime is busy it seems!

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, busy and without frequent internet this weekend. Will try to post a little tomorrow.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

without frequent internet.
*Hyperventilates*

*edit*
Seems the internet is moar ebil than anticipated.

*touches Ludmilla butt in unguarded moment!*

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This past week has been an onslaught of RL issues. I am still in the middle of dealing with it. My apologies to my players for the delay, but I need to prioritise other things at the moment. As it is, I have a mountain of things to do before I can justify relaxing and sorting out things here. But I am intent on returning to post, I just can't guarantee it will be anything immediate.

I don't want to give a false eta, so I'll just ask you to bear with me, and if I'm in another game with you as a player, feel free to NPC me for the next post cycle or two.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This past week has been an onslaught of RL issues. I am still in the middle of dealing with it. My apologies to my players for the delay, but I need to prioritise other things at the moment. As it is, I have a mountain of things to do before I can justify relaxing and sorting out things here. But I am intent on returning to post, I just can't guarantee it will be anything immediate.

I don't want to give a false eta, so I'll just ask you to bear with me, and if I'm in another game with you as a player, feel free to NPC me for the next post cycle or two.
Oh that is absolutely fine. I'm guilt tripping myself to post in Mists of North. Sooner or later I'll get there and post in that thread :D.

Just got to get past my block of "Oh shit, I need to be all leadery which I mislike. Mostly cause I like being a passive person that wants to sit back and level grind to max before doing any adventures."

Hope your Real Life Issues become less and you are able to relax and enjoy yourself blue.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh that is absolutely fine. I'm guilt tripping myself to post in Mists of North. Sooner or later I'll get there and post in that thread :D.

Just got to get past my block of "Oh shit, I need to be all leadery which I mislike. Mostly cause I like being a passive person that wants to sit back and level grind to max before doing any adventures."

Hope your Real Life Issues become less and you are able to relax and enjoy yourself blue.
No grinding in my DnD games, mate. Story happens, just gotta enjoy the challenge.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, maybe sexy grinding.

So I found a spare hour to post a bit. Hope you enjoy. Still busy, but will continue as able.

Last edited: