Trash post, but a post nonetheless.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Anticipating being able to post again soon. Thanks for bearing with the delays. Should be able to post tomorrow.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Is that some FFG Space Trek?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, FFG fun.

If you want a thread, pm me. Doesn't have to be Force focused either.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Regarding pirate vampire thread:

I had always intended for this night to have Strahd accompany Ludmilla to come try to speak to Rovana. Since she decided to stay outside, that talk happens right away, though it seems that Rovana has at least anticipated this might happen.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Interesting. I want to be clear, here, though our opinions may differ, to me, a holy symbol needn't be something blessed by a church and crafted in a specific design, infact, an acolyte holding up a cross or whatever and hoping it'd do anything might find themselfs in trouble fast, to me, its the belief in something, in a certain higher power that gives a symbol the power to repel a vampire. In that regard, Rovana believes in the pirate code and its ideals more firmly than many a high priest, which I hope I let shine through during this rp... where that gets here, we shall see. Perhaps theres no need either way.. *goes to read!*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Regarding holy symbols and such, this is my take on it:

D&D, as opposed to the real world, is a setting in which the gods and supernatural entities have a very direct, and highly visible and objectively testable effect on the world.

To be an atheist in the typical D&D setting is extremely difficult (although planescape offers examples of this, and Ravenloft arguably has the best limitations on good gods, yet even still, clerics' powers still work).

I believe that the cleric and paladin's abilities to turn or smite undead or fiends is the expression of needing to have faith to power the repulsion. This is an effect that is tied to a character class, and to give it out to other classes is a sleight to that character. A particular holy symbol or unique item can of course have a plot effect, and I would be inclined in that case to have the nature of the repulsion occuring strictly due to the nature of the relationship between the item and the monster.

If you want Rovana to be able to turn things with her codex, then she'll need to take the levels in cleric and adopt a sea god. Maybe she can worship Dagon and become his pirate priestess. ;)

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

OR she could praise the Morninglord.

Just saying.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You don't need to have any divine classes to present a holy symbol though, I'm not talking about turning attempts, but about the vampire specific weakness to symbols of faith. This of course depends on which ruleset you use, the 5.0 'roof' rule doesn't have it, but in Ravenloft core a vampire recoils from a strongly presented holy symbol or mirror. Recoils as in, they can't attack or touch you, though even a normal vampire can still hypnotize you or send a wolfpack after you, Strahd propably adds shadow tentacles and army of the dead on top of that.

Then again, in Ravenloft, Strahd can ignore the non entering of building clause because the entire domain is his, but basically its your story, your lore and, having learned only hearsay information about vampires, Rovana and I know just the same about this. I doubt she even met a proper cleric or paladin on her naval travels.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

New rp does not have mists in title. Plz fix. Am confuse.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I thought about it being called Mist-ery Science Theater: Star Wars Edition. But it seemed too forced.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That sounds cute.

On the other hand my thread doesn't have Mist in it so that means I'm a special snowflake.

(EDIT: Need to work this in somewhere.

)

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Woohoo! Posted. Quick question - how long has Vita been awake for this day? Also have we travelled from the village of barovia all the way to the old bonegrinder in one day?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, you have reached the bone grinder with a day's travel. Vita is probably physically tired, but not exhausted.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, you have reached the bone grinder with a day's travel. Vita is probably physically tired, but not exhausted.
Good tired is good. Thinking more along the lines of going from surprise surprise emotional stress, misunderstandings, and other assorted stuff. And also to try and not be in the same room when invetiably Sylvia and Bella collide lest she gets brought into it and used to figure out who is the better pleasurer. *Snort*

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Good tired is good. Thinking more along the lines of going from surprise surprise emotional stress, misunderstandings, and other assorted stuff. And also to try and not be in the same room when invetiably Sylvia and Bella collide lest she gets brought into it and used to figure out who is the better pleasurer. *Snort*
Right, right, thats her motivation, not Ireena snoo snoo.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Looks like it could be snoo snoo for everybody soon enough.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Diaga, I'm waiting on you in the main thread at the moment.

Pervy, can you give me a Persuasion roll for Rovana trying to find an accord with her Shadow please. Just list in this thread so you don't need to go and edit.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh boy, the one social skill Rovana isn't focused on *closes eyes, rolls*

Yeah, not good.
Roll(1d20)+3:
4,+3
Total:7