What's new

Toonpimp Forum browsing = lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Toonpimp Forum browsing = lolz

You all do realize that by saying this place is better or that they're a bunch of kids that you're all looking like jerks to Toonpimpers, right?

Just leave it alone guys, seriously...

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Then you have to ask yourself, "Do we really care what those guys think?"

I'm pretty sure they're thinking the same thing when they talk about us "Linemarviners".

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You all do realize that by saying this place is better or that they're a bunch of kids that you're all looking like jerks to Toonpimpers, right?
Toonpimpers..?

I'm pretty sure they're thinking the same thing when they talk about us "Linemarviners".
Are we just making up words now?

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

In all honesty, Ive learned the internet drains a persons sense of morality and generosity, making them more and more hypocritical and more likely to insult others just to see the reactions. In the TP forums, there is no topic that puts down LM, though there is the occasional comment about his dissapearence, but never worse than what the people here have said about him. Toonpimp is greedy, selfish, and crude, but at least he gives a damn about the people waiting on him, and doesnt decide to just blow off the whole thing after getting everyones hopes up. Personally, a thred here thats whole purpose is to discredit and insult a site that says things no worse than this one is just outright childish and rude. To prevent even more anger and difficulties from this extremly ill-advised thread, it may be best for a moderator to trash it. I like LM's works, and TP's, and there is honestly no reason to have the followers of each fight.

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

I thinking you're the one who is blowing this situation out of proportion. I am pretty sure that at least half of us here can agree with me when I say that we're not really taking this seriously.

On another note, I believe we should all be called Linemarviners or perhaps something along those lines.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I thinking you're the one who is blowing this situation out of proportion. I am pretty sure that at least half of us here can agree with me when I say that we're not really taking this seriously.

On another note, I believe we should all be called Linemarviners or perhaps something along those lines.
Personally, it's my opinion that this forum has pretty much grown into more of its own entity and only occasionally acknowledges LM as a founder. Kind of like the USA, the USA doesn't seem to be devoted to worshiping its founding fathers, it just acknowledges them in school before running off to do its own thing.

Of course, it may just be that I don't notice much LM stuff because I tend to stick to the role playing threads, but this site doesn't really pay much attention to LM anymore so calling us Linemarviners would probably be a misnomer.

Edit: Although I will say that whenever a thread like this pops up, especially when the person starting it has a low post count, I tend to think that the person is thinking that by bashing TP they will automatically fit in or be cool here when most of us don't really care that much and follow more of the 'if you don't like it ignore it policy.'

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Well calling ourselves ULMFers sounds kinda like a horny dog...

Hanz

Lurker
Reputation score

I do go over there to read their "collections" thread, but I've noticed that some of them have the maturity level of a.... geez, can't think of anything, I mean, "is it gay to taste your own.. well ejactulate. is the way I will put it due to my wish to debase this thread too much. But I have found Orthas to be a competent mod, she/he did shut down a thread (fifi's fury thread btw) because it didn't want people going crazy with the OH I CAN'T WAIT responses all the time. though the multiple catboys is starting to scare me a bit.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

In all honesty, Ive learned the internet drains a persons sense of morality and generosity, making them more and more hypocritical and more likely to insult others just to see the reactions. In the TP forums, there is no topic that puts down LM, though there is the occasional comment about his dissapearence, but never worse than what the people here have said about him. Toonpimp is greedy, selfish, and crude, but at least he gives a damn about the people waiting on him, and doesnt decide to just blow off the whole thing after getting everyones hopes up. Personally, a thred here thats whole purpose is to discredit and insult a site that says things no worse than this one is just outright childish and rude. To prevent even more anger and difficulties from this extremly ill-advised thread, it may be best for a moderator to trash it. I like LM's works, and TP's, and there is honestly no reason to have the followers of each fight.
I can say with utmost confidence that you're an asshole, and that's NOT my internet speaking.
I can explain it, but I feel like not doing so

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

toxic said:
Zanara said:
I can say with utmost confidence that you're an asshole, and that's NOT my internet speaking.
I can explain it, but I feel like not doing so
I'd like to disagree with you here. I was considering waving my authority about but that would be some real hypocracy.

Zanara says some good things but i feel the internet more shows what your true character is rather than turning you into something horrible. after all i like to think i maintain both my morality and generosity despite anonymity and an audience. this thread has shown more about us than them really.

Pheonix Alugere said:
Personally, it's my opinion that this forum has pretty much grown into more of its own entity and only occasionally acknowledges LM as a founder. Kind of like the USA, the USA doesn't seem to be devoted to worshiping its founding fathers, it just acknowledges them in school before running off to do its own thing.
never like this place to america again...

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

never liken this epic place to the united states of america again...
Fixed better. (Don't lump in Mexico, Canada, Central America, and South America in with USA in that)

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

never liken this place to the United States Of God Bless America again...
Fix'd moar

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'd like to disagree with you here. I was considering waving my authority about but that would be some real hypocracy.

Zanara says some good things but i feel the internet more shows what your true character is rather than turning you into something horrible. after all i like to think i maintain both my morality and generosity despite anonymity and an audience. this thread has shown more about us than them really.
The only real statement I made is that Zan is being an asshole. I never said anything about what the internet does or doesn't do. And your statement actually conflicts with zanara's anyway, so if I were disagreeing and you disagreed with zan, we'd be agreeing.

Anyway, my point is, no one in this particular thread had anything more to say about Toonpimp than what zan already agrees to, but then debases himself(herself? I don't know zan) by making comments about LM that we have also agreed with and does it in a completely hypocritical degoratory way. So if anyone is the one being a jerk about other authors, it's zan. That's like if we had a stupid kid, and zan had a stupid kid and we say "Wow, both our kids are stupid." Then zan says "Yeah, my kid is stupid, but yours is fucking retarded."

Excuse the poor metaphor, but that's basically what's going on

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i can disagree with someone and not assume they are an asshole at the same time. I assume you are calling zan that for their reasoning though and i'd rather not get into a debate about that. we've both said our pieces and i think it should be left as is.

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

Calling someone a asshole is pretty mean...ive been here since the original site and jungle girl, and been with TP since run minerva run. I like both artist's works. and no, I am not claiming this site is the "retarded kid" and TP's is only stupid. both have ups and downs. as is, the earlier statement I made is a personal opinion, not a statement. from what ive seen, the internet desensitizes people. makes them more detached for the feelings of others due to the constant negative emotions seen so often around the net. I mean it when I say that TP is more of a asshole than Linemarvel, but then again, we never got to see what sort of possibly corrupting influence "donations" would cause to LM, possibly making it a needed thing to make more games.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It seems we can't have a thread about ToonPimp without some personal argument arising. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.