Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Just a reminder but Lior has Prayer up too, which means you get an extra +1 to basically all your rolls, and everyone else gets a -1 in addition to the blessing of fervor. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Mostly right, the dolls don't get the penalty because they weren't 'summoned' at the point of the prayer.

Worse actually. I'm hoping it'll recover, but I might try and power through it soon if I can get my brain to orient properly. Right now the best pun I got for this is Libraries are the biggest buildings cus they have the most stories.
Told ya the library would be the more cerebral challenge. :p

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Wew, there's nothing like a x3 crit weapon to really fuck up someone's day.

What to do next...?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wew, there's nothing like a x3 crit weapon to really fuck up someone's day.

What to do next...?
Well for one hope the opponents x3 crit doesn't go off. :p

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Zilrax, Pervy, have you gotten a chance to look at the Monster Hunter's Handbook?

A lot of it is kind of bad, but I did end up finding a few gems in it.

The first one that popped out to me was , which... is extremely useful for any build that focuses on Crits or Sneak Attack. Outright, ignoring immunity sounds pretty awesome to me and should help the rogue's sneak attack stay much more relevant at later levels.

seems like a pretty decent feat to me, helping you do damage to one big bad enemy, or simply using up the rest of your studies if there's not enough enemies to use them on. Seems useful to a degree.

And . Yep, you can take Favored enemy as a feat now. This is obviously campaign dependent, but it still intrigues me, mainly due to the fact that it acts as Favored Enemy for any feats.

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anatomic herp a derp: a lot of +12 ab feats pack a punch, remember, you can't get this one pre lvl 16 as a pure rogue, so it'll mostly benefit crit-weapon master types, that said, a bunch of folks with scythes running about might like it.
Frankly, I like it from a design, but not a lore standpoint, this feat technically would allow you to crit ghosts and slimes, so kinda eh. How exactly does anatomy work there? I'd replace it with something more like Deaths Ruin

Theres a dime a dozen 'know your enemy' feats. Read it closely, it gives you less than a prayer spell for a feat.

I'm fine with creature focus for lore approach, the benefit depends heavily on the campaign. I'd let you take it in any campaign if your character has the proper motivation, for example, depending on how this campaign goes, for aberrations it'd make sense, as those are gonna be your main foe.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh, didn't even realize you have to choose one of the selected boons. Never mind, the value of that feat went down. A lot.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, didn't even realize you have to choose one of the selected boons. Never mind, the value of that feat went down. A lot.
Moreso, they can't stack, otherewise would be op either way. If you are on the hunt for feats, seems Asheroth likes being a brutal hitter, theres a bunch of combat stuff for that.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Nah, I was actually looking for new feats in general. Mostly for my Shadow Orientated Ninja/Spiritualist/Daring Champion Catfolk. The build actually works a lot better than it sounds and by level thirteen it's impossible to detect her ever, when she sneaks. Well, assuming you could possibly beat her stealth rolls, but I doubt that...

And I already got a feat path for Ash. I was thinking of taking a few rage feats, probably unsanctioned knowledge and maybe Ultimate Mercy if I have the space.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Glitterdust. The fabulous answer to all stealth.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I mean, she doesn't rely on invisibility for stealth her stealth is still pretty damn high.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I mean, she doesn't rely on invisibility for stealth her stealth is still pretty damn high.
Not after glitterdust it isn't. As in, Every stealther should run around with a ring of counterspelling: Glitterdust in it in a powerbuildey set up.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Work is still Work, i'm free on Friday.

Edit: I also have been rethinking Ash once more, and I think i've found something better suited for her.

Last edited:

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am home and work free, posts inbound.

Edit: Sorry for the short post.

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Plot noises ensue*

My dming technique in the Underdark is 'let players do what they want if they want to carve out an own path, with a few directional cliff notes lying about.

You hit upon another just now, so considering this for one group, and the sucess so far (the masked one is ment to be tough) I think it'd be fair for you all to -Gain another level-

Keep in mind though, Level up is after the fight(Or Deva talk-scene) So you can already update your character sheet, if you want to, but keep track of what you got left in the current fight @Mindflayer/Dabomb/corruptive spirit.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

I look forward to seeing Dasyra try to convince Kaila to risk her neck facing down abyssal hordes.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I look forward to seeing Dasyra try to convince Kaila to risk her neck facing down abyssal hordes.
In theory, Lior could planeshift as needed with the level up. Though Kaila is the one thats totally into demons. Consider how many demons are about at Lamashtus place! You'll get to meet all new kinds of demons!!!!1! (depending on what messed up pics I can dig up)

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Well the nice thing about Lamashtu's dimension is you can run into any animalistic creature there too.

Fiendish gnolls, goblins, harpys, medusae, Morlocks, minotaurs, to name a few. The usual demons and evil outsiders primarily associated with her are the Shemhazian, the Mother of Oblivion, the Painajai (and most likely occupant of the Nightmare fields), the Swaithe, the Yaenit, and of course, her herald the Yethazmari.

And yeah, Kaila's into demons. Doesn't much wanna be torn up by one. And Lamashtu's lot are rough and given their delight in deformity and what others consider ugly, chances are wouldn't be very pretty for long. And probably insane. I mean, more insane than most demon cultists.

Probably good thing Kaila's not a Lamashtan. Her demonic obediance would require her to try her hardest to breed with someone everyday or err, sacrifice a newborn. Lamashtans are hardcore. I've seen some of their plots.

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well the nice thing about Lamashtu's dimension is you can run into any animalistic creature there too.

Fiendish gnolls, goblins, harpys, medusae, Morlocks, minotaurs, to name a few.
Problem is, some folked stopped reading and went to the IC, eagerly awaiting for things to happen at about that point there. :p

Its all in how you portray the pointy bits going into the soft bits that makes it sexy or grim, dun worry about that part. Who knows, if Kaila gets a gameover loss there, she might emerge with a new outlook on things. :p

We'll keep the newborn sacrificing out of things, not quite my fetish.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra isn't going to beg. If Kaila doesn't want to go, she'll just have to find another guide into Lamashtu's realm. Maybe if Kaila has a reason to go back to the Abyss for other reasons, they could help each other.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

We'll keep the newborn sacrificing out of things, not quite my fetish.
yeah, what do you think this is? Ravenloft? :D