What's new

Tutorial on Text Hooking and Translating an H-Game

OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's not an issue on your part
Finding a good set of rules to apply on every line didn't work out so I suppose it's easier to use TA next to textractor and use Atlas+google+bing until Google fixes it.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Thanks for the answer. I distinctly remember it (GT) being much better, like a year ago. Dunno what they did with their official scripts, but those brackets and punctuations can really throw a wrench in there...

mimic22

Reputation score
"The 30 days trial period is over" is the only thing that i am able to get from "ATLASV14ETrial", it won't instal it at all.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
"The 30 days trial period is over" is the only thing that i am able to get from "ATLASV14ETrial", it won't instal it at all.

I spent a very very very long time trying to get ATLAS to work and in the end gave up on following those instructions. Sometimes you have a weigh the pain in setting something up vs. alternatives and desire.

Also there is a txt file in the upload that has a readme that calls you a faggot, and that didn't help my motivation in getting it setup.

mimic22

Reputation score
I spent a very very very long time trying to get ATLAS to work and in the end gave up on following those instructions. Sometimes you have a weigh the pain in setting something up vs. alternatives and desire.

Also there is a txt file in the upload that has a readme that calls you a faggot, and that didn't help my motivation in getting it setup.
I see, but what did you do then to translate your games ?

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
I followed these developers religiously and with the relentlessness and persistance of a young horny teenager in the most socially acceptable way permissible located in my local jurisdiction:

Also In conjunction with Translation Aggregator I also use RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher 0.0.3.4 (not sure if this is the latest version it most probably is not someone please post the latest).

So what I do is I install that patcher I hook it to my clip logger clip board and then I use Translation Aggregator (carefully because I try to be extremely mindful and do everything possible to limit repetitive queries) to translate the anime gril speak to a form of english that is more comprehensible to me.

mimic22

Reputation score
I followed these developers religiously and with the relentlessness and persistance of a young horny teenager in the most socially acceptable way permissible located in my local jurisdiction:

Also In conjunction with Translation Aggregator I also use RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher 0.0.3.4 (not sure if this is the latest version it most probably is not someone please post the latest).

So what I do is I install that patcher I hook it to my clip logger clip board and then I use Translation Aggregator (carefully because I try to be extremely mindful and do everything possible to limit repetitive queries) to translate the anime gril speak to a form of english that is more comprehensible to me.
The text hooker make translation aggregator shut down itself immediatly, it's not working either, plus i still need ATLAS for this to work no ? And the patcher work only with MV games right ?

EDIT : Nevermind i made it work finally XD Thanks.

Last edited:

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Just a quick heads up, RJ270713 is incompatible with Engima unpacker. Trying to run the game after unpacking gives the following debug message:

[1227/225002.174:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(178)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The operation completed successfully. (0x0)

Hope this doesn't become a prevalent issue.

zipetya

Reputation score
Just a quick heads up, RJ270713 is incompatible with Engima unpacker. Trying to run the game after unpacking gives the following debug message:

[1227/225002.174:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(178)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The operation completed successfully. (0x0)

Hope this doesn't become a prevalent issue.
The glorious peeps over the Discord have already fixed it. You need to delete StepAnime.js in www\js\plugins of the unpacked game, then create an empty StepAnime.js.

"the problem was that StepAnime.js is empty but the unpacker can't handle empty files, causing it to write the entire input file to that file " as mentioned by Sinflower over there.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
What is the latest version of the Enigma Unpacker? Is it 0.56?
Also I have the 0.0.34 hook patcher and I am wondering if that is outdated as well if anyone cares to help me.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
What is the latest version of the Enigma Unpacker? Is it 0.56?
Also I have the 0.0.34 hook patcher and I am wondering if that is outdated as well if anyone cares to help me.
0.57 is the latest version of Enigma Unpacker.

0.0.34 is the latest hook patcher. It hasn't failed a single time for me yet so long as the game can be unpacked.

OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Tried several installs and it works for me every time. You did change your system date to 20 february 2014 right?
Setup step 2 to 5 in printscreens:

peixe751

Reputation score
not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but is there a similar program or way to translate Kirikiri(i think thats how its called) games completely?

Ruffy2010

Reputation score
One more question, do you know a tool that can play Flash or SWF Game with an online translator tool? Something like agth, only that works for Flash?

zipetya

Reputation score
One more question, do you know a tool that can play Flash or SWF Game with an online translator tool? Something like agth, only that works for Flash?
You WISH!
(sadly, the answer is no; at least afaik and as of now)

But hey, you can always use VNR and sync that to some other application that is sync-able, turn on despktop OCRing in VNR, select the dialogue box in the flash game for the OCR area (with extra settings to make it work in front of not-so-good-for-OCR backgrounds, if need be), turn on OCR monitoring in VNR, try not to be bothered by the green circle of "Grabbing an OCR" from VNR constantly...circling in the bottom-left and the lag that it usually causes in-game and hope for a long session from VNR without a crash.

Or OCR any new line with VNR or something that can do it, manually.
Not. Optimal.

Good news, however; Textractor has adding flash as an engine it could be hooked to in its to-do list. Don't expect anything in the near future, though.

Ruffy2010

Reputation score
You WISH!
(sadly, the answer is no; at least afaik and as of now)

But hey, you can always use VNR and sync that to some other application that is sync-able, turn on despktop OCRing in VNR, select the dialogue box in the flash game for the OCR area (with extra settings to make it work in front of not-so-good-for-OCR backgrounds, if need be), turn on OCR monitoring in VNR, try not to be bothered by the green circle of "Grabbing an OCR" from VNR constantly...circling in the bottom-left and the lag that it usually causes in-game and hope for a long session from VNR without a crash.

Or OCR any new line with VNR or something that can do it, manually.
Not. Optimal.

Good news, however; Textractor has adding flash as an engine it could be hooked to in its to-do list. Don't expect anything in the near future, though.

Thanks for the quick answer! Too bad that it does not work. One last question. Do you perhaps know with which engine these games were created? and And with which text hooker you can translate this game?

zipetya

Reputation score
No idea about the engine, really. But if you perchance didn't know about it, the first intalment of Pegasus Knight X (so the prequel? of the one you linked) has/can be made into an English-uncensored version (look for it here on ULMF).
Otherwise both Textractor and VNR actually have no problems with hooking RE146859. Don't know about RE126815, though.

Ruffy2010

Reputation score
No idea about the engine, really. But if you perchance didn't know about it, the first intalment of Pegasus Knight X (so the prequel? of the one you linked) has/can be made into an English-uncensored version (look for it here on ULMF).
Otherwise both Textractor and VNR actually have no problems with hooking RE146859. Don't know about RE126815, though.
Yeah, I knew about that first part. It's not a good translation, though. I wanted to translate both parts because I liked the games and because it's risky with notepad++ because you can easily break something, I wanted to translate with the engine the game was created with. I've been searching for a long time but unfortunately without success: ( And with the other game it unfortunately doesn't capture the text: (

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Tried several installs and it works for me every time. You did change your system date to 20 february 2014 right?
Setup step 2 to 5 in printscreens:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we mess up these steps you've dilligently outlined in screenshots, we have to correct it by modifying our computer's registry entries for the atlas install?

I found the process to be a tremendous amount of work to get ATLAS to work and that I also needed an older version of adobe acrobat in order to get it to work even after all of the steps which I couldn't even get on a newer machine. I found that trying to get this to work and with so many pitfalls to fall into to do it incorrectly significantly reduced my overall happiness in life or at least a desired level of happiness that I could achieve weighting the risks vs the rewards and so I completely gave up. There is literally no tangible benefit to using ATLAS when the Aggregator already does translations for you. It just doesn't make any actual practical sense.

Last edited:

mrwasabi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thank you so much for this. I was getting frustrated trying to find all the latest updates and guides for these translation tools.