What's new

Tutorial on Text Hooking and Translating an H-Game

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Does anyone know how to hook fate/empire of dirt by luwen workshop? Tried textractor and rpg maker mv game hooker patcher but no luck.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Does anyone know how to hook fate/empire of dirt by luwen workshop? Tried textractor and rpg maker mv game hooker patcher but no luck.
Integrate agth or capture2text with mv game hooker patcher?

A final option may be to use a tablet with google translate .apks installed on it if all else fails and just hold it in front of the screen line by line but you really want to avoid having to do this.

exanoid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I second to this, but in my case I could hook the text but it is always flooded with a console.log of in-game date.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
1598777198482.png

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I second to this, but in my case I could hook the text but it is always flooded with a console.log of in-game date.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
View attachment 34359
mine did the same couldn't figure it out tried everything I know. Not sure but must do with how much they changed the rpgmaker system.

Last edited:
OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
to filter out garbage you need a regex filter. Textractor and mv game hook patcher both have one. I havent had to use it yet but know regex has many uses so id suggest watching a quick tutorial
quick google also told me that theres a modified chinese version which might cause problems. Check if your game folder is over 4gb and if so you probably have it.
Also ran into this: https://ulmf.org/threads/fate-empire-of-dirt.14092/

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
if you use agth there is a free option to remove repetition of phrases and symbols. I think textractor wanted me pay at some point and so i didn't like it and stuck with agth, or maybe it was because textractor seemed more intelligent that is why i didn't like it. You still need to use mv game hook patcher with it.

EDIT: Now i remember, Textractor definitely did want me to pay at some point. There is some sort of character limit.

Last edited:
OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
pretty sure there's no pay wall in textractor considering its open source. The only character limit should be that of text in other threads which is for performance.
repetition of phrases and symbols should be turned on by default in textractor in the Extensions window.

agth is definitely fine for standard rpg maker games and you dont need any extra functions, but if you want to hook text in a game like they mentioned you're going to have to do a lot of reverse engineering to even have a hook to start with in AGTH. + I'm not sure linking threads is possible in agth and you're also gonna need a regex filter for this one. It appears they already found the right hook even if its filled with garbage, otherwise you could also use the "search for hooks" function of textractor to try and get it.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Wondering what the hell my problem was then, because i definitely had issues at some point i wasnt' able to use textractor google translate hit too many requests.. Anyways there is a filter for agth, you can filter out repetition of phrases and words. You may be right though that it is impossible to hook with agth for this game i haven't tried just spitting ideas.

Oh that must be what i meant, i wasn't able to use google or bing translate with it in conjunction.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Wondering what the hell my problem was then, because i definitely had issues at some point i wasnt' able to use textractor google translate hit too many requests.. Anyways there is a filter for agth, you can filter out repetition of phrases and words. You may be right though that it is impossible to hook with agth for this game i haven't tried just spitting ideas.

Oh that must be what i meant, i wasn't able to use google or bing translate with it in conjunction.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Google killed text hook translations as long time ago. The best (and possibly only) option right now is ATLAS.

Evil987

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Google killed text hook translations as long time ago. The best (and possibly only) option right now is ATLAS.
i use agth + TA with google and have 0 problem. sure, google have changed some stuff here and here in past years and if u use old version of chiitrans TA etcc u need to update them, but it works very well.
there is a cap on how much text line u can send to google (i think there 150 lines), if they surpass a certain limit it will stop working for some time. usually this happen when the hook read a lot of garbage made from some scripts (timer, clock, redundant stats on screen etcc) and can "choke" the traslation program (TA etcc). if this happen, u need to create a black list inside the hook to lock out those scripts, or simply close and restart all the programs (game, hook and traslator).

OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Google works fine atm. I think they fixed their jap-eng sentence missing error too although im not sure. Bing also works very well and you should really try it if youre sticking with only Atlas atm. Both much better quality than Atlas whos only upside is that its offline and instant.
I remember some years ago that sometimes Google Translate would straight up stop working and the fix would be to switch to a different version of Translation Aggregator, but i havent had problems for a long time now (years).

An error like that might also be what happened to Quite Frankly, just a bad time for that specific translator. You should give the new version of Textractor a try, it improved a lot since a year ago. Bascially install the newest release and check the extensions to suit it to your needs.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Google works fine atm. I think they fixed their jap-eng sentence missing error too although im not sure. Bing also works very well and you should really try it if youre sticking with only Atlas atm. Both much better quality than Atlas whos only upside is that its offline and instant.
I remember some years ago that sometimes Google Translate would straight up stop working and the fix would be to switch to a different version of Translation Aggregator, but i havent had problems for a long time now (years).

An error like that might also be what happened to Quite Frankly, just a bad time for that specific translator. You should give the new version of Textractor a try, it improved a lot since a year ago. Bascially install the newest release and check the extensions to suit it to your needs.
I confess I haven't updated my TA in years. Also I skip a lot of text, so all of that texts get copied and sent to TA all at once, which would break the Google translate limit. Which Github TA are you using?

Last edited:
OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Im also kinda outdated but in first post I linked this one so I suppose I tested it:

BunnyBunnyBun

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Is there really no more recent dictionaries for atlas than from 2015? I keep hoping a newer more complete library is given so stuff like 'surgical knife' doesn't keep showing up during dialogue

lomp

Reputation score
hey guys,

I wanted to translate the game : RJ312292 succubus bullet with translator ++ but i dont know why i encouter some problème with and i cant do it.
i link the game so guys can translate that ?

thanx.

Attachments

DrGiantExplosion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey, Translation Aggregator seems to not work with Google anymore again. It doesn't work on my end, and apparently it doesn't work for others either:

Anyone know any other good way to auto-translate through Google?

Reputation score
There is an unofficial release of Translation Agregator that still works:

Only the Google Translate and WWWJIDC work, though.

If all else fails, you can download Blue Stacks cell phone emulator, and then get google's cell phone app on it. Then just create a repeating macro where you paste the text into it. Then you can have offline translation.

Reputation score
Also here are a couple of experimental tools you can try if you want.

This one only works if you have Microsoft Excel. Excel has a translation feature, and this AHK file will open it and start pasting text from your clipboard into it.

But it's clunky.

This one only works if you have Google Chrome. Chrome has to be completely closed before you activate it. And it still throws errors when it starts, but seems to work ok after that.

It opens up the google translate page and starts pasting text from your clipboard into the translator.

Reputation score
I've encountered a problem with Translator++. After my computer shut down unexpectedly, the TRANS file I had open at the time seems to have become corrupted. I can open other files in Translator++ normally, but when I try opening up this particular file, the program just shows "working" and the moving circle of dots, never progressing past this point. I can revert the file to a previous version, but this would mean losing several days of work. Does anyone know of a way to fix this file?

mspy

Reputation score
With the evolving of the technology there is this trend now of using OCR to translate games and manga.
It's really simple and easy that even grandma could make it work, here is an example
Download links are on the description as well the discord for any assistance.