What's new

Tutorial on Text Hooking and Translating an H-Game

OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we mess up these steps you've dilligently outlined in screenshots, we have to correct it by modifying our computer's registry entries for the atlas install?

I found the process to be a tremendous amount of work to get ATLAS to work and that I also needed an older version of adobe acrobat in order to get it to work even after all of the steps which I couldn't even get on a newer machine. I found that trying to get this to work and with so many pitfalls to fall into to do it incorrectly significantly reduced my overall happiness in life or at least a desired level of happiness that I could achieve weighting the risks vs the rewards and so I completely gave up. There is literally no tangible benefit to using ATLAS when the Aggregator already does translations for you. It just doesn't make any actual practical sense.
no need for registry changes. I purposely installed it the wrong way to get the expired error, then did a basic uninstall and got it to work after that.
Also never saw anything relating to adobe acrobat. (have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.20 installed)
I honestly have no idea about the pitfalls you and others are running into. Except for completely skipping steps I didnt manage to run into difficulties on either my 9 month old pc or 6 year old laptop. Are you running windows 10?
And the practical sense for Atlas is that it works offline, is faster than online tools and never stops working or gets a bad update like Google currently has (missing sentences). If you want to completely understand everything that's going on there's no need for it, but if sometimes you just wanna skip through the walls of text but still get an idea of what's going on, the instant translation is great.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
no need for registry changes. I purposely installed it the wrong way to get the expired error, then did a basic uninstall and got it to work after that.
Also never saw anything relating to adobe acrobat. (have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.20 installed)
I honestly have no idea about the pitfalls you and others are running into. Except for completely skipping steps I didnt manage to run into difficulties on either my 9 month old pc or 6 year old laptop. Are you running windows 10?
And the practical sense for Atlas is that it works offline, is faster than online tools and never stops working or gets a bad update like Google currently has (missing sentences). If you want to completely understand everything that's going on there's no need for it, but if sometimes you just wanna skip through the walls of text but still get an idea of what's going on, the instant translation is great.
Well, so you know I'm not completely making stuff up I specifically got to the point where I could't get it to work with my version of adobe, so i did actually get it installed I had the latest free reader version.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Forgive me, but I just have to ask.
What in [what/whoeveryoubelieveininsertedhere]'s name does Adobe Acrobat has to do with...anything here?! xD
I mean true, it was like 2 years ago I did the ATLAS install, but I'll be damned if I had to do anything Adobe-related... lol

On a sidenote, I rechecked the Google TLs of the examples from behind the spoiler in my post in the first page of the thread (re Google TL has gone to shit), and I'm...neutral to report that some things must have been updated / scripts redone on Google's side, since some lines now got better!
Yay!!
Then again... Some got worse! (as in leaving a sentence / big chunk out now, whereas back 2 months ago it didn't...) lol
Nay... :(

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Forgive me, but I just have to ask.
What in [what/whoeveryoubelieveininsertedhere]'s name does Adobe Acrobat has to do with...anything here?! xD
I mean true, it was like 2 years ago I did the ATLAS install, but I'll be damned if I had to do anything Adobe-related... lol

On a sidenote, I rechecked the Google TLs of the examples from behind the spoiler in my post in the first page of the thread (re Google TL has gone to shit), and I'm...neutral to report that some things must have been updated / scripts redone on Google's side, since some lines now got better!
Yay!!
Then again... Some got worse! (as in leaving a sentence / big chunk out now, whereas back 2 months ago it didn't...) lol
Nay... :(

I had atlas installed and it told me it needed a version of adobe i just didn't have and honestly didn't know how to get because it was an old version so i gave up and uninstalled it i tried to get it to work with a newer adobe version and it didn't work. He says he used adobe pro.....that is a service that costs 20 dollars a month, i don't know if it works with a free version of adobe, i couldnt get it to work with my adobe version

Last edited:
OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
well, used as in 'i just checked and its apparently on my pc'. never saw any sort of message about Atlas using it. Only thing i can find online is that Atlas will translate pdf files better if you have adobe acrobat

deadbob43

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
ok, what would i use to translate these games that have 3 or more game.exe prodesses running? like this one: . Running ITH with TA doesn't seem to work.

12345678910abcdef

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thank you a lot for this. It is quite hard to find Atlas now that the trial link was removed from the official website. Wasn't aware of that as I had it for several years and had forgotten to backup the exe when formatting.

On the dictionary bit, I had a guide and a dictionary that was edited in order to work with Atlas set to a more imperative kind of translation which I did think was easier to follow. I can't remember where I got it though, so I can't even give it proper credit... but I still have the files and guide to edit Atlas' translation rules.

OP
fedEss

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
ok, what would i use to translate these games that have 3 or more game.exe prodesses running? like this one: . Running ITH with TA doesn't seem to work.
use RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher
also while youre at it delete ith and get textractor

DrGiantExplosion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The text hooker make translation aggregator shut down itself immediatly, it's not working either, plus i still need ATLAS for this to work no ? And the patcher work only with MV games right ?

EDIT : Nevermind i made it work finally XD Thanks.
Sorry if I'm necroing this thread, but I gotta know how you got "Launch Text Hooker" to work in Translation Aggregator. I used to use that option constantly with an old version of TA, but now it just crashes immediately when I try it.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Sorry if I'm necroing this thread, but I gotta know how you got "Launch Text Hooker" to work in Translation Aggregator. I used to use that option constantly with an old version of TA, but now it just crashes immediately when I try it.
I didn't even know that's an option. I just use translate from clipboard.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
I didn't even know that's an option. I just use translate from clipboard.

I think he is talking about the RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher.exe ? I believe its essentially very similar to agth, and i believe essentially also it is a clipboard too because its extracting and moving the text.

I recommend playing around with the settings and getting a feel for it.. oh man look at that new banner i forgot what i was going to say.

Inquisidor

Reputation score
Hi
I'm right now working in a translation of a Game, i used the Translator++ and im editing the texts and the menus
But i'm having a lot of issues with the texts of the game, they are cutting of the screen and i don't know how i can fix them if i can add a few line of dialog to change the order of the screen or if i can change the size of the font

Attachments

Bryanis

Reputation score
Hi
I'm right now working in a translation of a Game, i used the Translator++ and im editing the texts and the menus
But i'm having a lot of issues with the texts of the game, they are cutting of the screen and i don't know how i can fix them if i can add a few line of dialog to change the order of the screen or if i can change the size of the font
Son't know about translator++ but rpg maker game got preview for the text, and you can add line (at the risk of having them not appearing on the window), and much easier, add another text window.
Easy to do while using the coresponding rpg maker game engine, there probably some coding to do that with the tool you're using.

denymeplz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi, has anyone managed to properly hook Manjuu X latest game? its made with Tyranobuilder, not even the latest textractor works, if anyone managed to get proper text from this game, give me some tips :c

Bryanis

Reputation score
The tools in the OP don't really work with that kind of software. It's better tu use specific plug-in to auto translate with such software.
I don't think there tutorial on how and where to get and install them though

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Guys I just wanted to share today. After years of trying to get Atlas to work today I finally succeeded, it really is just a matter of patience and following the instructions to get it to work. I am willing to help anyone that is still having trouble. I was very happy I could get atlas to work.

Rizera

Lurker
Reputation score
Having trouble downloading the ATLASdictionary2015~ managed to install atlas with the patch and the crack and got it working just couldn't proceed with the next step. It said thee's error in downloading.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Having trouble downloading the ATLASdictionary2015~ managed to install atlas with the patch and the crack and got it working just couldn't proceed with the next step. It said thee's error in downloading.
You shouldn't need to download anything. The install file + crack + patch should be enough to get you going.

Rizera

Lurker
Reputation score
You shouldn't need to download anything. The install file + crack + patch should be enough to get you going.
Yeah~ it's working as intended. Just worried that I couldn't get it to work and thanks for helping me out.

Teratore

Reputation score
Hello, i've been trying to translate latest Ahriman's game ( ). And there is a little problem, he put all mission names and descriptions into separate rvdata2 file, is there any way to extract the text out of them and edit it or edit the file itself without ruining the whole game?