What's new

ACT [Umai Neko] Fighting Fairy Angel Heart

All the new info is in the ci-en (Patreon-like) page, located here:

apparently, Umai Neko also already uploaded the gameplay test video on Fairy Flower in youtube.

From a fighting style and pacing perspective, it's an improvement over spamming sissy bitchslaps followed by knock-up-and-slam-down over and over again to get a decent rate of damage.
Plus the grapple finishers actually do damage you'd expect from flip-slamming someone onto the ground (ie: not chip damage one would consider little more than an inconvenience).
Other than that it really is the same game with a different coat of paint, let's hope he expands and improves upon it.

It has more potential but imo it just ends up being even worse because it doesn't really work that well in practice. I prefer something simpler at that point

Not going to lie, new game just looks like a reskin. Looking to be like the same kind of 'power ranger' enemies/theme as well, unfortunately.

Well ... Am I the only one regretting Fighing Girl Sakura R playstyle and character ? Ok playstyle could have been better more like Tifa Tan X but it's still the best from Umai Neko. And the character had way better physics if you now what I mean ...

Guess we will have to wait and see

I think what's missing is a non-magical form (normal schoolgirl) when HP drops below a certain level or MP drains completely and needs a cooldown of say 5 seconds or more to begin recovering. In that state the MC would be able to run back to a checkpoint and recover if she gets the chance but won't have the strength to escape if captured. Her attack abilities would be reduced by idk 80% so she would still be able to fight back but only with normal physical attacks. To help her escape she should use a flash bomb or something (consumable) that gives her 2-3 seconds to get the fuck out of the swarming enemies (mapped to SPACE key). It would be similar to the fighting girl series but different in its own way. Sadly the only thing new will be a guard system.

I think what's missing is a non-magical form (normal schoolgirl) when HP drops below a certain level or MP drains completely and needs a cooldown of say 5 seconds or more to begin recovering. In that state the MC would be able to run back to a checkpoint and recover if she gets the chance but won't have the strength to escape if captured. Her attack abilities would be reduced by idk 80% so she would still be able to fight back but only with normal physical attacks. To help her escape she should use a flash bomb or something (consumable) that gives her 2-3 seconds to get the fuck out of the swarming enemies (mapped to SPACE key). It would be similar to the fighting girl series but different in its own way. Sadly the only thing new will be a guard system.
Do you have any idea how much I want that so bad? Reverting to a normal human before just being nude would be Wonderful. I think you should make that suggestion on their cien and see if its possible for them to add in. cause I miss the 3 transformation states.

I really liked the sakura-r 'transformation' thing - fully clothed, underwear, nude. Even that would be cool imo. Never really liked fighting girl mei, and the original fighting girl sakura (non R) was meh as well...

Im one of the weird people that like the original fighting girl sakura. as silly as the skeleton sex was. I feel like it had the best sex positions out of the 2d games. with the standing sex being boned from behind to after defeat facing face to face sex while standing. and the boss 1 monster doing cowgirl with the panties around the leg bouncing around.
if anything I want out of the flower fairy game is more sex positions that show off the butt. the girls need more butt love.

Yea the animations were good, I felt something was missing though? Maybe the game over galleries... I feel you though :)

really the only thing I wish fighting girl sakura had was a self damaging button. having to much defense makes losing your hp to half take a while to lose the clothes.
I wish the original fighting girl sakura got a remaster. saddly from what I remember Sakura-R is getting a remaster due to winning a poll when it was already good.

I remember that poll was about which game should get an uncesored version and Fighting girl Sakura-R won. FGSR isn't even complete to this date. There's still some game over cgs missing (2nd mantis, 3rd zombie, 2nd golem and probably more). There was more effort put into that game and it shows. The animations are a lot more diverse than Fairy Heart and facial expressions are far better. Besides sharper details and better overall resolution Fairy heart is an inconsistent mess compared to that. Game over CGs are too plain and expressionless and that voice pattern is just unfitting/annoying for the seemingly badass character that is introduced in the intro sequence. Surely they had the budget to buy a better voice pack. Just look at the CGs from Iris Action from 2012. That's quality content. Patreon/enty/ci-en/fantia has spoiled this circle for good if you ask me. They get lots of money for very little new content once a month. I don't know why I get the feeling that there's only one person working on these projects

is it not 1 person just working on it? cause I always feel like games like those are usually made just by 1 person.

is it not 1 person just working on it? cause I always feel like games like those are usually made just by 1 person.

The Patreon does say team so I figure it's multiple people. IIRC, the artist for this game has made some art under a different name, though I cannot remember what it is. If it's a single person, then he's getting ~$30k/month from Enty and ~$2k from Patreon and Ci-en which is pretty crazy even if it's a 2 man team.

I find it strange that they're already doing some work on a new game when this game is apparently on a v1.78 and still not considered complete. I guess this way makes far more money than completing games and selling on DLsite.

The Patreon does say team so I figure it's multiple people. IIRC, the artist for this game has made some art under a different name, though I cannot remember what it is. If it's a single person, then he's getting ~$30k/month from Enty and ~$2k from Patreon and Ci-en which is pretty crazy even if it's a 2 man team.
The artist originally worked on Parasite in City, the really slow paced side scroller with super good pixel art. His game making seems to get lazier over time since then, but the art is still great.

I find it strange that they're already doing some work on a new game when this game is apparently on a v1.78 and still not considered complete. I guess this way makes far more money than completing games and selling on DLsite.
I'm guessing so there's no gap in production and people have incentive to stay subscribed while the dev is transitioning to a new title. Its understandable imo, there's worse patreon-related practices

I remember reading somewhere that the dev didin't really like Fairy Heart that much I think they got bored with the character possibly. It would explain why halfway through the game her bust started getting bigger.

I remember reading somewhere that the dev didin't really like Fairy Heart that much I think they got bored with the character possibly. It would explain why halfway through the game her bust started getting bigger.
He's doing basically the same game (but "bigger and better") for the 4th time and the development of this one is dragging so no wonder he got bored with it. Sakura-R was exactly the same - you have 2 monsters per stage and fluid animations up to some stage, then it's one monster and no fluid animations because the dev got bored and rushed it. Then Sakura-R got 1/3 more animations as updates after he started patreon (because his artist couldn't keep up with rushed development so they added more animations later).
So I don't think it's the character... It's the same story as before except now he gets a lot of money monthly so he's "enduring" slow development (and waiting for his artist) instead rushing and releasing it.

Back