What's new

ACT [Umai Neko] Fighting Fairy Angel Heart

inlolzwetrust

Reputation score
Just by looking at the banner you can see how inconsistent the new game will be. They clearly have no sense of proportions or model consistency. Clearly the artist is more talented at making 3D models but lacks at 2D drawing. This time it seems the 2D CG model has smaller "assets" than the 3D ingame prerendered model. It doesn't bother me but...that face on the banner. I can't exactly point at what makes it disturbing. The 3D model looks almost just as detailed as the 2D art we got so far. In fact I think the 3D model looks better than the art regarding expression, shape and proportions. Overall, I feel their last games are a waste of talent. Their lack of inspiration is so bad they can't even stick with a theme in the same game. I mean come on... you can't be fucking power rangers and zombies in the same game. It's just retarded to not have any sort of continuity. They figured this basic fact in their previous games so why stop now ?

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I mean come on... you can't be fucking power rangers and zombies in the same game. It's just retarded to not have any sort of continuity. They figured this basic fact in their previous games so why stop now ?
Eh, I'm not too bothered by a lack of theme, just means more variety. Besides, having both zombies and humans in the same game can be easily explained (if the game even has a plot). Though I doubt there's even any sense of direction for this game, it's been "in development" for almost 3 years now with no end in sight. In fact, they're even starting a new game. The fact that it's been going on for so long may be the reason that the CGs have no consistency since they're now drawn over the course of several years rather than within a year.

I personally think the 2D CGs still look pretty nice. However, I think it's getting dated by h-game standards. Sakura-R had really good CG and animations for its time. But it's been several years since and the current CGs don't seem improved at all. Art quality is about the same, animations are still just a basic slow loop -> fast loop, and there's still no proper finishing animation. And this is with a supposedly higher budget. It does feel like a waste of talent now.

Unfortunate, it seems like money is all that matters for Umai Neko and they'll keep doing this as long as they get paid. Looks like westerners are starting to drop support since I recall having well over 158 patrons before. But they're still going strong on Enty and a couple more in Fantia & Ci-en.

Last edited:

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I just want 1 bad guy to grope that butt hardcore. is that to much to ask? XD
I hope the next game has more various sex actions instead of just having the main characters body being pointed towards the screen,

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I feel he probably should have stuck with his older 2d side-scrolling beat-em up formula. He could've easily improved on them like the second Sakura game where he added a counter ability. It would've been nice to improve on the combat by adding different combos, enemies who can retaliate from a stun-lock randomly, maybe even having 2 playable characters. Also, if he got rid of the drawn game overs, I feel as though he could've focused more on the in-game H, like adding more variety or more gang-bangs. Part of the problem with the 2d game-over is that it's consistancy is whishy washy, and I do believe it's someone else he has doing the 2d animations anyway. If he cut that out he could increase his profit.

Sad thing is he has added things that improved on game play but only used it on like one stage or a few enemies. Take the Fighting girl Mei game where he added a different path (which led to nowhere), it's possible to have expanded on that by having unique enemies, boss or a whole secret stage on one of those. Maybe even adding in girls that you can save before they meet a grim fate. Which could also be expanded on by having them reward you with skill points, currency or potions.

I'm kind of ranting but only because I've always loved the animations from the old fighting girl games, and that he can expand on it so much with just a little imagination. I still go back to the old Fighting girls and add challenges like making them a glass cannon, or weak with a lot of health, but Fairy Heart just has no real place in my heart for extra playthroughs. It just seems to lacking charm and is all over the place. I really do hope his next project is better.

*Edit:
One other thing I would love if he changed or added was like a no modesty skill, maybe have it cost a lot of points, but basically it'd allow her to fight even after her clothes got ripped so you're not stuck with just one lame punch. She could still be in a weakend state and not have access to all her abilities but at least she's not completely useless.

Also, just thought of a new challenge. You can only play in the weakend state, only can increase strength and health. Potions would pretty much be spammed.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Also, just thought of a new challenge. You can only play in the weakend state, only can increase strength and health. Potions would pretty much be spammed.
Doesn't that mean you can't do anything to any crawling enemy?

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Doesn't that mean you can't do anything to any crawling enemy?
Yes, imagine my surprise when I realized I totally forgot about them. The ones that keep on moving are fine since you can just get back up. However, those damn spiders and cats. In Mei I think it's just the babies if I remember correctly. This is where I think having a weakend state that's not practically useless would be beneficial. If he wants to leave it with one hit than a front kick should take care of both ground and walking enemies.

ujian001

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
V2.05
Stage 8 Monster 24 HCG upon losing
Gallery Monster 24 HCG implemented

Option file CreateTexturesOnDemand can be modified
CreateTexturesOnDemand = 0: (For High Spec PC)
or
CreateTexturesOnDemand = 1: (For Low Spec PC)

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
What is the new monster?

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Not really a new monster it is already there on previous ver, just game over HCG and Gallery update~

blueblaster

Reputation score
what do you mean ?
It takes a long time between updates and when he finally publish a new version the content is really poor, in the last update the "in game" animations did not even had nipples.
I supported him on patreon some months ago but had to cancel my support, he is too lazy.

inlolzwetrust

Reputation score
He said a demo for the next game will be ready this month. He's basically splitting the workload between two games right now. Don't ask me why he would begin a new project before finishing the old one first but that's how it is. Somehow he did this the same when he was still working on both fairy heart and some occasional updates for Sakura-R but the quality for Sakura-R was even better in the updates than in the old game. Something definitely changed from 07.2018 and quality went downhill

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Well I'm guessing he wants to have a smooth transition from one game to the next so people don't drop off of his patreon/enti/whatever.
It makes sense and I can't blame him, but I will agree that this game just didn't really end up all that great. I hope the fresh start brings some more enthusiasm with it but he's probably just gotten lazy from that sweet monthly dosh.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Let's not assume he's gotten lazy and presume he got real life trouble, maybe?

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Im still holding out hope that the $ isn't getting to his head. However he did mention before that he was losing enthusiasm with Fairy Heart. May explain why he announced fairy flower so early, why he was updating sakura-R, and why fairy heart went through a growth spurt during development. Hopefully he won't have burn out with the next one. I will say I hate that he mentioned several times about releasing the animations from the old games as standalone gif but does it rarely.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Let's not assume he's gotten lazy and presume he got real life trouble, maybe?
Not gonna hate on the guy but not really gonna give him the benefit of doubt either, seen the same old script played out too many times.
But I do agree that its probably also just boredom with the current project, which I wouldn't mind since I like the new design more. Currently just hoping the next project has him a bit more invigorated.