What's new

RPG RPG Maker Vore [うんこモリモリ丸] Exorcism Shrine Maiden/蘇る退魔巫女 (RJ356908)

Teacupping123

Lurker
Reputation score
Nice, thanks for the share! Does anyone know what is new in this update and where to find the new events?

f4s1k1n

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Nice, thanks for the share! Does anyone know what is new in this update and where to find the new events?
IIRC you must kill the 3rd boss first > talk to old man > talk to yakuza wannabe (there will be a scene) > go outside > search their icon at map (if you're at the right place but you can't find them try to move away and then back to them)

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Where is the third boss? I can only find two bosses. I attached a picture of the map (Press A in-game to open the map) with the locations circled (The post was acting weird when I tried to insert the picture, so I just attached it). Did I miss a boss?

Attachments

OP
Jesus

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Where is the third boss? I can only find two bosses. I attached a picture of the map (Press A in-game to open the map) with the locations circled (The post was acting weird when I tried to insert the picture, so I just attached it). Did I miss a boss?
If you're referring to the Swamp boss the entrance to the cave is on the north-west side of the west part of the swamp. I too spent a lot of time going round in circles before I found it.

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
IIRC you must kill the 3rd boss first > talk to old man > talk to yakuza wannabe (there will be a scene) > go outside > search their icon at map (if you're at the right place but you can't find them try to move away and then back to them)
Any three bosses will do. Also you can talk to the Principal (the old man) before that; he'll appear after you defeat the Preta ("Hungry Ghost") Boss (the first one). He wasn't available earlier because he went off to the mainland to petition the Exorcist Association for help.

If you're referring to the Swamp boss the entrance to the cave is on the north-west side of the west part of the swamp. I too spent a lot of time going round in circles before I found it.
Ah yes, the Seven-Titted Mama Leech. (Seriously, that's what it is called.)

(Okay, it does sound a bit more technical or 'mythological' in the original, so maybe "Heptamastic Leech Matriarch" instead.)

--

As of the previous update (ver July 31) there were four bosses:

1) Preta General, located at the caves under the ruined temple shrine at the SE part of the island. (AKA the first boss, the one that must be defeated before accessing the rest of the map). This monster is inspired by the Preta, AKA the found in Buddhist mythology. (You fight normal Pretas in the fight, and as a random mob in the same area.)

2) Umiboubou ("Sea Fury"), located in deepest part of the shipwreck found at the NE part of the island. This monster is inspired by the , "Sea Monk", a sea-dwelling youkai ("apparition") in Japanese folklore that wrecks ships. (The name Umiboubou itself is likely derived from "Rampaging/Maddened Umibouzu".)

3) Kagohime ("Cage Princess"), located at the top of the Masukaki Light House. This monster is inspired by the "Kagome Kagome" children song, a creepy song with cryptic lyrics that is sung as part of a children's game that is basically the Japanese equivalent of Ring around the Rosies. Like the English equivalent there are many creepypasta stories (usually something involving dead kids and ghosts) floating around 'explaining' the origin of the lyrics.

This monster and her ghost flunkies basically plays Kagome Kagome with Miko during the boss fight. Including caging Miko in a literal cage.

4) The Heptamastic Leech Matriarch, found in the watery depths of a large well located at the west side of the wetlands found at the NW side of the island. This monster... I don't know what it's inspired by. Probably something original cooked up by the author. Seriously, a giant leech (technically a "hammerhead flatworm", but they are also called leeches in Japanese) with seven tits that 'lactates' baby leeches, what.

...There are a lot of weird things in Japanese folklore, but I think this one tops all of them.

Last edited:

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
For general awareness, the bondage squad will come to loiter around in the town and not fight you there if you defeat them on the map. I got them to go back to roaming again by defeating a boss, so they can be made back into fightable enemies again this way.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I'd also be willing to share a fully gallery save plus saves before bosses if I could get some help getting two of the Critical H moves so I can unlock them in the gallery.

They're both monsters on the west end of the island. The first is the ghost, and the second is the snake/worm. No matter how many rounds of combat, I don't know why I can't get them to use their Critical H move so I don't know what the requirements are.

Also, just an FYI, but my save files have modified stats so that I have high stats in some areas, such as Strength.

nnescio

Reputation score
Anyone knows how exactly does Skill Point (SP) gain work?

As far as I can tell:

(Spoilered for game mechanics)
1) You start at a potential 2 SP gain (this can be checked under the status screen) at the start of each character level.

2a) Fighting enemies slowly increases this potential SP gain.
2b) I am not sure whether the increase is keyed to the number of enemies (like treasure rank increases) or the number of encounters.
2c) Fighting higher EXP encounters seem to increase the bar faster. But you go through levels faster, so you would actually end up gaining less SP per level up. It's not exactly a linear relationship though ⁠— I seem to get around 20~30% less SP when fighting at 200% EXP compared to 100% EXP. Maybe SP gain follows a quadratic function or something.
2d) Zero EXP encounters (like when choosing to fight unlocked monsters in the "Hentai Zone" CG/Event Review Room) also progress the "potential skill gain" meter, but at a glacial pace. Exploiting this is generally not worth one's time, unless you are at a high level (so longer times between level ups) and you absolutely need an extra SP point or two on your next level up to learn a "must-have" passive skill.

3) When you level up, you gain the potential SP gain (displayed under the status screen) as actual SP to spend (on passive skills from books). This will reset the potential SP gain to 2.

4) Sometimes you gain SP as an additional reward when defeating a "Strong Enemy" (basically an elite mob or a miniboss) as part of a Map Mission (the procgen 'quests'). When RNGesus chooses to reward you SP (it may instead give you money or a safe key, it's either one out of the three), you gain the same "potential SP" as you would have if you had leveled up. But getting SP this way doesn't reset your SP gain. (Because you didn't actually level up) This can potentially be (ab)used to farm SP by farming "Strong Enemy" Map Missions.

5) You can sometimes gain SP as a rare item pickup or mission reward (this is separate from the SP reward given for defeating a "Strong Enemy"). This is separate from normal SP gain, and is not dependent whatsoever on the previously-mentioned "(potential) SP gained (on next level up)" displayed on the status screen.

So, EXP increasing effects are kinda like trap options in this game, since they give you more 'empty' levels, and enemies scale with levels. Fortunately. unlike Saga games, there are lots of ways to stay ahead the curve (equipment upgrades and SP-as-loot, for example), and the player can also adjust the difficulty to compensate. Also the enemy scaling is limited somewhat by a global enemy level (which seems more like a distorted pseudo-average instead of a hard cap) that usually only goes up when you defeat a boss. (repeat boss fights also count, so try not to farm bosses too much unless you need to quickly level up Town NPCs to upgrade their services.)

Furthermore, the learning of active skills (the combat-usable ones that are semi-randomly learned using the Saga-esque "Hirameki" [Flash of Inspiration] mechanic) seemed to be keyed to Miko's level (or maybe the levels of enemy encounters, which scale with Miko's level), so slowing down leveling too much will delay access to the fun stuff. (and some QoL ones like the MP regen buff).

So, yeah, there is no need to deliberately clamp down EXP gain by making Miko go hungry (-50% EXP rate) or similar. Note that making Miko go hungry also resets the Treasure Rank to its lowest value (and clamps it there as long as Miko remains hungry) and penalizes Inspiration by -50%. So go ahead and feed Miko well; no need to starve her or anything.

At the same time though... one shouldn't try to stack too many +% EXP buffs either. So, I'd say the various bondage gear (which all grant +% EXP in exchange for a crippling combat debuff) aren't usually worthwhile to equip, especially in the early game when you need the SP and have fewer ways to work around the conditions/debuffs. Neither are the upper-tier foods that require annoying 20+ ingredients to prepare (except for boss fights where you need the higher HP/MP regen. And can benefit from the increased Inspiration chance since boss fights last longer so you get to spam skills/attacks more often). Or investing skill points in the "My Summer Vacation Picture Diary" book (the +% EXP skill line), since you're basically paying the privilege to have less SP. These are all what I would consider "trap options". (They might be worthwhile if you can no longer gain any new skills from Inspiration and don't have anything available [or affordable] to spend SP on, so you might as well level up to improve your stats [especially Max MP, which also determines regen rate] and gain access to new active skills. Not the skill line though — that one is just a trap through and through because it costs SP and you can't turn it off.)

TL;DR: Try not to munchkin +EXP buffs too much, especially early in the game. It can cripple your SP gain and cause enemies to scale up too quickly. But there's no need to do unfun stuff like actively avoid +EXP buffs either (or deliberately inflict -EXP penalties); the scaling system is balanced for normal play. (So long as you don't minmax EXP all the way and power-level, but even then things are fixable by lowering the difficulty level.)

Last edited:

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
I'm level 23 and I'm finding the lighthouse ghost boss impossible?? If I ever get caged it spams the crit-H and on the third it's just game over, I have no idea how to counter that, any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just beat it (after updating to v0.190820, maybe that had something to do with it too) by using the earthquake magic to stop the Hcrit (lowest mana magic that does this) until the enemy only uses other attacks (i could tank the normal h) and then escaping on those rounds... still hella hard tho

Last edited:

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm level 23 and I'm finding the lighthouse ghost boss impossible?? If I ever get caged it spams the crit-H and on the third it's just game over, I have no idea how to counter that, any ideas?
It seems like only one ghost really matters (the one that does not go down in one hit). That ghost is the one whose TP Meter is shown on the Boss TP Gauge, and is the only one that will use the cage attack. Even when the Big Ghost appears, it is still that one small ghost that must be defeated to win the battle. One way to identify the "True Ghost" is to compare the TP amount of each small ghost to the Boss Gauge (when it is visible, as one of the Big Ghost's moves temporarily removes that gauge from view). If you lose track of the "True Ghost", a spread move (like the Earthquake magic) will usually remove all of the other small ghosts from the screen. Also, the move "ばっくすてっぽ" will give you a high chance to evade most non-H attacks on the turn it is used, including the Cage move.

dual1ty

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I finally managed to craft the flamethrower. Time to purge those heretics for the emperor!
Now to grind mats to upgrade it...

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
It seems like only one ghost really matters (the one that does not go down in one hit). That ghost is the one whose TP Meter is shown on the Boss TP Gauge, and is the only one that will use the cage attack. Even when the Big Ghost appears, it is still that one small ghost that must be defeated to win the battle. One way to identify the "True Ghost" is to compare the TP amount of each small ghost to the Boss Gauge (when it is visible, as one of the Big Ghost's moves temporarily removes that gauge from view). If you lose track of the "True Ghost", a spread move (like the Earthquake magic) will usually remove all of the other small ghosts from the screen. Also, the move "ばっくすてっぽ" will give you a high chance to evade most non-H attacks on the turn it is used, including the Cage move.
I was so frustrated, because I already knew this from one of the previous games where one plant boss had the same mechanic... And I still kept losing. Also, I had to attack sometime, and if the enemy cages on that turn and hit it, I can't dodge the crit H while in the cage

nnescio

Reputation score
I mean, they are forcing you to play , after all. Your task is to figure out who is "It".

The song goes (well, the most common variation, at least):

Kagome kagome
Kago no naka no tori ha
Itsu itsu deyaru
Yoake no ban ni
Tsuru to kama ga subetta
Ushiro no shoumen daare?
Which can be interpreted as:

Miko*, Miko,
O bird in the cage,
when will you come out?
In the night of dawn,
the crane and the turtle slipped.
Who is right behind you now?
(Usually "kagome" is interpreted as the holes in a bamboo wave, or a corruption of "kakome", "be encircled". It can also mean "high priestess" though, AKA an imperial miko [or some other miko in a high position].)

--

I was so frustrated, because I already knew this from one of the previous games where one plant boss had the same mechanic... And I still kept losing. Also, I had to attack sometime, and if the enemy cages on that turn and hit it, I can't dodge the crit H while in the cage
Alternatively the "Cut the Gordian Knot" approach is to just spam Heat Blast (熱風, "neppuu", the AoE fire magic) to hit all enemies on screen. (Use Regen Water or spam healing items to keep up with MP consumption.) Or in other words, "Screw you, all of you are 'It', Imma gonna hit you all."

This prevents anyone from using any H-attacks. (Except on the turn you need to refresh Regen Water or use a healing item). And will kill all the ghost 'decoys' (more reliably than Dragonquake). Spells also don't care about the Restrained condition; you can fire them all the same even when you're caged. (or tied up/soaked in digestive fluid/bound by tentacles/etc.)

Last edited:

Ecroose

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Havnt played the new demo yet but would the poison skill work? Its what i used to keep track of the plant boss in the first game, since only the real one would have the debuff even when it switched around

nnescio

Reputation score
Havnt played the new demo yet but would the poison skill work? Its what i used to keep track of the plant boss in the first game, since only the real one would have the debuff even when it switched around
Ghosts are immune to poison, IIRC.

Edit: Huh... went back to check Kagohime... and found out she was made much harder in the Aug-20 version of the trial. Back in Jul-31 you could just use Heat Blast or Dragonquake to remove the ghost decoys from the field. They don't get respawned that quickly (usually only when the boss changes phases).

Post Aug 20 update, Kagohime will instead immediately respawn the ghost decoys on her turn (before shuffling). Also it seems like her HP has received a sizable buff.

This means you really, really don't want to get caged, because it opens you up for the instadeath move ("Right behind you", part of a line from the Kagome Kagome song). You can recover from 0 HP with Lipovitan, but that leaves you open to attacks by all the ghost decoys for one turn. (In previous versions you could just Lipovitan away the instadeath and proceed to burst down the boss, since you only needed to deal with two ghosts [after AoEing the rest] and the boss has less HP.) Fortunately the cage move has low accuracy and can usually be avoided with the Backstep (+50% evade for one turn) move. Maybe also wear evade boosting gear and invest points in the +evade skill line, just in case.

Spamming Heat Blast still provides a semi-reliable way of dealing damage while preventing the decoys from taking any actions, but this time you have to prioritize dodging first if you see an incoming Cage from the real (not decoy) ghost.

--
Oh and couldn't get poison or burn to work on the boss. Could be RNG, but I think bosses are immune to status effects (other than getting knocked Prone when preparing a H-move). Then again the poison is very unreliable and doesn't trigger on normal mobs most of the time either. (Burn should be reliable though, but again it doesn't work on the boss.)

Last edited:

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
Wait so just so I'm sure I didn't miss any content - it's the fat dude boss, giant squid, lesbian cage ghosts, lamprey boob monster, (and that bondage squad,) for all the bosses, right?

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I remember reading an old blog post that the game was supposedly going for an August 2019 retail release, is it anywhere near that or is the developer still tacking on new stages and features for more Ci-En support?

nnescio

Reputation score
Wait so just so I'm sure I didn't miss any content - it's the fat dude boss, giant squid, lesbian cage ghosts, lamprey boob monster, (and that bondage squad,) for all the bosses, right?
As far as I can tell, yes.

I remember reading an old blog post that the game was supposedly going for an August 2019 retail release, is it anywhere near that or is the developer still tacking on new stages and features for more Ci-En support?
Judging by the number of bosses and unexplored areas, it seems like it's only around halfway done (plot progression wise). Lots of potential dialogue also seem missing (some parts you get nothing despite expecting some plot exposition, and for some others you get overt [but funny] placeholder text that lean on the 4th wall). The author has been focusing more on adding side features like fishing and farming and 'autocraft' stations (technically these devices just generate a cooking ingredient from nothing, over time). And a lot of interesting item descriptive text. So, yeah... feature bloat (but the game looks more and more promising regardless).

Also somebody has asked the author on the latest Cien blogpost and the author has replied (on ~23 August '19) that the release date is as of yet undecided, but is likely to be next year or the year after that. 「まだ決まっていません。来年もしくは再来年になると思います。」