What's new

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Ayyy, glad to see progress on this game again! There's absolutely no hurry to finish this, take it at your own pace. A polished title is worth far more than a rushed one.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You know, I wonder if this is a person's job. If it is, I never understand the "real life" situations getting in the way. If it's a hobby it's different. But if I'm at work, and something happens in my real life, I still have to go to work, or I don't pay my bills that month. Maybe it's an asshole way to think about things, but I never understand the real life reasonings if making these kinds of games is your actual job and how you make a living.
Very good point. I'd agree 100% if it was about a P****on dev doing aggressive advertising, or simply someone stating 'I'd like to make a living out of this'. And that's also a nice, no-nonsense way to see and word things.

But, not really the case here. Just a hobby with no deadline. If anything, I'd like the dev to give us something to chew on every other month or trimester, however little, so we can at least try and help with conceptual isssues. Or just give a word of encouragement. I think that'd be healthier, more motivating than butting heads in other threads over matters completely unrelated to this one game/project.

I'd say it's better to sound encouraging. The simple fact we're posting here show we're interested, and probably have no ill intent towards the dev we're addressing.
So yeah, here's to hoping SM comes out.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
butting heads in other threads over matters completely unrelated to this one game/project.
I butt heads with you, but I've always respected you.
Wish you'd take my challenges on sometimes tho XD.

I'd like the dev to give us something to chew on every other month or trimester
If I was that consistent in my work schedule the game would've been out months ago.
Remember the first demo was done in 2 weeks time.

I was out of a job back then, and still surprisingly financially stable due to some stuff. That changed and well... as you can see... things slowed down considerably. I also want to discuss with fans, but at this point any discussion will just be leading into spoiler territory.

I should be releasing a Beta soonish, and that should spark discussion (hopefully on the tutorial), new balance, and story.

kimjaewon

Reputation score
I'm sorry. The translation is weird because I used a translator.I mean, I wish there was a walkthrough.,

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I'm sorry. The translation is weird because I used a translator.I mean, I wish there was a walkthrough.,
It's a demo right now. Full game will also be small. If you had a walkthrough you'd just bulldoze through the content. I recommend just trying to do it yourself. You'll have more fun that way.

kimjaewon

Reputation score
It's a demo right now. Full game will also be small. If you had a walkthrough you'd just bulldoze through the content. I recommend just trying to do it yourself. You'll have more fun that way.
I was gonna enjoy it.The pattern is, frankly, disgusting.I've got a headache.How many times have you tried... ㅠㅠ

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I was gonna enjoy it.The pattern is, frankly, disgusting.I've got a headache.How many times have you tried... ㅠㅠ
Ah. I guess if you have trouble with english, understanding the tutorial on its own will be pretty difficult.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oh.........I'm sorry.I think I've been a little bit of a nuisance.Sorry
Double-posting aside :cautious: this isn't a bad point, actually.
The game (demo) lacks a .txt readme, and that matters since hooking text from a non-standard engine is difficult. I'm also guessing Uramomo will bring customers who do not necessarily understand the languages the game comes with, at least not 100%.

If the dev wanted to remedy to this, he'd only need to copy/paste the tutorial in a text file (which would easily go through google translate or whatever), and pack it into the game's zip. Just food for thoughts ;)

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Double-posting aside :cautious: this isn't a bad point, actually.
The game (demo) lacks a .txt readme, and that matters since hooking text from a non-standard engine is difficult. I'm also guessing Uramomo will bring customers who do not necessarily understand the languages the game comes with, at least not 100%.

If the dev wanted to remedy to this, he'd only need to copy/paste the tutorial in a text file (which would easily go through google translate or whatever), and pack it into the game's zip. Just food for thoughts ;)
A Readme is definitely something simple I overlooked.
A lot of games need basic manuals for simple stuff like controls if it's your first ever PC game ever.

I can definitely include more stuff in mine to help people play the game.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Apologies for the strange necro, but how's the game going? Looks like it's been taxing.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Apologies for the strange necro, but how's the game going? Looks like it's been taxing.
Apologize for that. Some workers got fired in my IRL job due to covid, and I'm like one of the few people left in my department... Being relied on heavily means I can't focus as hard on the game. I still work in my free time, as I've redone the tutorial, added a bit of a story, and changed the way assists work... in my version.

Still have a bit to do to make it presentable.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Apologize for that. Some workers got fired in my IRL job due to covid, and I'm like one of the few people left in my department... Being relied on heavily means I can't focus as hard on the game. I still work in my free time, as I've redone the tutorial, added a bit of a story, and changed the way assists work... in my version.

Still have a bit to do to make it presentable.
How's progress been?

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Yeah I'm pretty sure this has been abandoned at this point.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
How's progress been?
Not the best. Started the game during Covid times, and in between jobs.
Got frustrated at being laid off, but I have confidence in my game design ability, so I started working on Sex Machine.

Thing is, my job's kinda in high demand and I was able to start working again... Had to deprio the game because life's just been leaving me tired.
Yeah I'm pretty sure this has been abandoned at this point.
I choose to believe the only one that decides that is me.

I've abandoned games b4, deleting all my files for that project and cutting ties with any partners I worked on with those files.
Not Sex Machine though. I have all the base files and even tried to onboard help from willing people who wanted to help me finish the game (to no success.)