What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

sup12up

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

Twitter updates, if I understand correctly, he plans to make a sequel

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Twitter updates, if I understand correctly, he plans to make a sequel
Awesome! That's amazing news!

In my opinion, from a gameplay perspective MaidenSnow Eve is literally PERFECT. I'm not exaggerating: it basically destroyed my enjoyment of other rogue-like games. Nothing else I played comes close to it. Played and bought some for the 3DS and Vita, tried some well-received ones on the PC, but nope.

It's one of the rare cases where the h-content is part of the gameplay mechanics and makes for a better game than is possible without the h-content. I haven't seen any mechanic in any roguelike game that favorably compares to what MaidenSnow Eve offers with it's whole clothing compromises, grabs and knockdowns, lust management and options when you are stuck in a really, really bad situation as well as the consequences for failure that are worse than a simple game over.

It's also one of the only rogue-like games I've seen where the character is super powerful and competent with a nice library of usesable abilities, yet the game remains challenging.

So yeah, MaidenSnow Eve 2? Bring it! :D

scientist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Found this on /vg/, has some helpful info: pastebin.com/BJFyCUnS (not allowed to post urls :()

Junk-Hobo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

My question on the sequel in which it's gonna be fucking rare is if the save from the previous could be transferred over like a sense of a bonus incentive for players whom completed the first game. Like I said just a idea floating about as I know the creator knows the special type of hell the players went through playing this game. Also my other question is will we have a partner or is it the same solo-rogue run-through?

akoss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Can anyone upload a save file with an invoker essence (could be naked besides that)? My old hard drive died and I would like to play this again, but don't feel like farming for it again.

redscizor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Can anyone upload a save file with an invoker essence (could be naked besides that)? My old hard drive died and I would like to play this again, but don't feel like farming for it again.
Better of nothing my save
Then this game is over?
Next game is comming to 2017?
Yes, this game is very very fun, I like a lot, This very similar to diablo 2 in griding gear

Attachments

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Wait a bit !?
We haven't gotten this game's final boss yet :eek:

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

can anyone post the translation files for this games? thanks

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

can anyone post the translation files for this games? thanks
They come with the game since the developer included an engrish file and a readme on how to use his own bad transration in his work. He guarded the game though in a way that in can't be hacked.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

They come with the game since the developer included an engrish file and a readme on how to use his own bad transration in his work. He guarded the game though in a way that in can't be hacked.
Pfft. Please. The game does a simple date check on the RGSS archive, that's it. It also will load everything from it's patch directory, so this is a totally hackable game.

However, the author has also posted here explicitly stating that he doesn't want a fan translation project, so there isn't one.

akoss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Pfft. Please. The game does a simple date check on the RGSS archive, that's it. It also will load everything from it's patch directory, so this is a totally hackable game.

However, the author has also posted here explicitly stating that he doesn't want a fan translation project, so there isn't one.
Is there a tool to recompile loose files into an RGSS file? Some stuff like the dog tail is done, just not in the game for some reason.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is there a tool to recompile loose files into an RGSS file? Some stuff like the dog tail is done, just not in the game for some reason.
Er... I know one that exists, but I haven't yet released it. Although I'm honestly not sure how much use it would be - I did have a look at this game way back when, and it's so heavily customised I wouldn't even know where to start (OK, I'd start feeding it through RPGMaker Trans and hoping for the best, but to be honest that'll probably only work when I finish v5...)

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

I actually hope, that since this game was released quite a while back, someone actually goes and does the full english translation anyways. It seems stupid and irrational on the author's part to forbid such translation without a good reason. Seems like a dick move to me. I would buy and play this game if it were correctly and fully translated. But as it is, I don't bother, even if I really want to.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I actually hope, that since this game was released quite a while back, someone actually goes and does the full english translation anyways. It seems stupid and irrational on the author's part to forbid such translation without a good reason. Seems like a dick move to me. I would buy and play this game if it were correctly and fully translated. But as it is, I don't bother, even if I really want to.
I don't understand how author not wanting third parties to tamper with his work can seem to be a dick move. He even gone and registered on these forums to state that, so I think that deserves at least some respect.
Besides, like it was stated previously, translation that author provided himself makes perfectly playable and practically all required information is translated. Unless, of course, you really want to know the story - tough luck in that case.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

I am not saying modding the game. I am saying translation. Just making the language understandable. You yourself admit that not everything is translated. Since there was no valid reason from the author to restrict this translation the only thing I can assume is some personal dislike for english language or english speaking parties which would be a dick move.
But we should really stop this discussion before something bad happens...

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I am not saying modding the game. I am saying translation. Just making the language understandable. You yourself admit that not everything is translated. Since there was no valid reason from the author to restrict this translation the only thing I can assume is some personal dislike for english language or english speaking parties which would be a dick move.
But we should really stop this discussion before something bad happens...
Well, while I don't agree with Ramble Rabbit (Maidensnow's Author), I am a bit more familiar with the situation than most and so I'll state this because I don't think he deserves the conversation being ended on such a negative note: Ramble Rabbit has had some bad experiences with modders in the past. I know of an incident that involved a modder turning his family friendly Maidensnow Online game into a very buggy adult one (by enabling some disabled code), and the modder in question didn't really back down when asked to stop (note: this is before the ModEater version on these forums as well, although most likely related to it).

And so Ramble Rabbit has taken a dim view of any game modifications to his stuff ever since. It's understandable, although I think a bit regrettable.

XII

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

the best bet probably fully translate it then e-mail the full translation to the author and let the author decide what to do with the full translation

but if the author didn't want to use it the translation, efforts, and other stuff probably will be wasted

its all or nothing i guess?

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

And so Ramble Rabbit has taken a dim view of any game modifications to his stuff ever since. It's understandable, although I think a bit regrettable.
Now this makes sense. It is indeed regrettable. :-/

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Did anyone ever make a voice pack for this game?

Also in options, under volume levels, theres three toggles which reveal three bars.

The third one is "Wait for Rape", which delays how fast the text advances when getting raped (which was the option I was looking for)

But what do the other two do?

Also is there a way to set the default rape defence to Resist instead of Endure?