What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

I still don't understand why this game has so much attention. Its barely qualifies as an H-game but if I'm not gonna play an H-game, there are so many better games I could be playing.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The game has a lot of attention because unlike most H-games here, this game is a pretty damn good game in it's own right. Some people do like roguelikes, and this is a pretty good one.

Of course, you're entitled to your own opinions on it. Rougelikes are not for everyone, and not every roguelike will be liked by everyone.

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Its definitely not without its flaws (could use a more cohesive story, the menus are overly fiddly, some more h-art wouldn't hurt). But its a decently solid roguelike, and for what little H content there is, it is well implemented into the gameplay (only way to get certain buffs/items is to have sex with/get pregnant from certain creatures). I ended up heavily customizing the sex sounds and it made the battle-sex significantly better, but I wish that it had good sounds already built in.

Its a shame that we don't see more H-roguelikes, as it seems like the two genres get along marvelously well. It fits the tone better, fits in battle-rape mechanics better, way more fun to play, replayable, etc. Not as easy to make as shoving art into RPG-maker and calling it a day though.

Schaloper

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Its a shame that we don't see more H-roguelikes, as it seems like the two genres get along marvelously well. It fits the tone better, fits in battle-rape mechanics better, way more fun to play, replayable, etc. Not as easy to make as shoving art into RPG-maker and calling it a day though.
I guess that's the reason why we don't see H-Roguelikes (or quality games in general) very much; too much effort for those wanting to make cheap, mediocre (I'm being generous here) games.

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The reason why it was getting so much attention is the same as why the president of United States gets all the attentions, because its existence does matter. But I guess there are some people who doesn't care about the president...

TheUnHolyOne

Reputation score

Haya everyone, Just wondering if I could get some assistance in solving the Issue that I am having in not being able to find the Forrest Boss that gives the Diabolic-Bondage Armor , I am not sure if I am even in the correct Map ( The Grave Keep ) the one that leads to the Hollow Tree, and I have tried to do the run by having Restless Night Enabled & Disabled but the Boss for the area just wont come out nor have I ran into it for at least a day's worth of running the Dungeon to try to get the Diabolic-Bondage, just wondering if I am missing something as to why the boss hasn't shown up for me or if I am even in the correct Area at least.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Haya everyone, Just wondering if I could get some assistance in solving the Issue that I am having in not being able to find the Forrest Boss that gives the Diabolic-Bondage Armor , I am not sure if I am even in the correct Map ( The Grave Keep ) the one that leads to the Hollow Tree, and I have tried to do the run by having Restless Night Enabled & Disabled but the Boss for the area just wont come out nor have I ran into it for at least a day's worth of running the Dungeon to try to get the Diabolic-Bondage, just wondering if I am missing something as to why the boss hasn't shown up for me or if I am even in the correct Area at least.
First of all, to make bosses appear you need 'Eve' memory enabled, not 'Restless night'. Then, if I remember it correctly, you need to beet all the other bosses first to make sure that Dullahan will appear. And finally it appears in deeper levels than other bosses (starting around 12 I believe), so you probably endeavor to reach as deep as possible if you want to meet him.

TheUnHolyOne

Reputation score

ok tyvm Monceber, that would Explain as to why I haven't been able to run into the Boss for the Armor that I was looking for all this time, atm I have upgraded all of the Main Armor Parts that I have Equipped when I was hunting for the Diabolic-Bondage Armor to +16, wonder if I should make the armor all +20 first before going past level 9 on that Stage that you mentioned, I did run that place for abit buts started to notice the Mobs level go up to level 60 and I was just level 10-12 but managed to not die and hit level 23 by the time I hit Stage level 9 , Gonna go kill the Boss's that you mentioned & then go give it another shot for the costume ^^ , also I did do the run's with -Eve- Switched On / Off but did not go hunt the other Boss's first as I was to occupied by trying to figure out if I was in the right stage ( Forest ) but I was in the Grave Yard & not the correct one ( Least I got lot's of Atk2,Magic2 Essence from all the running while hunting for the costume )

P.S. on my Old Game save that I Backed up I had the Costume already but I believe I Started the Game again on that one in order to go the Virgin Rout but I could not remember how I even got the Costume, I think I was randomly running around all the place's in the game and not paying attention, though I had the Game Mode set to Beginner ( Wonder if that's why I made it alive in that stage you mentioned ), some of my character's Armor and weapons where all below +10 lolz , now to figure out how to make the armor's all be 4 slots instead of 2 Slots like Stray Cat, Bunny Costume >_<

Last edited:

The Overlord

Reputation score

Hello guys, I realize that this thread is kinda dead already but I have two sort of meta-questions about the game that are not quite clear to me:

1) If I buy this game from the japanese DLsite, does it come with the partial engrish translation too?

2) The game isn't finished yet, right? Is there anything missing besides the final boss?

P.S.: I'd also like to thank the more experienced users for taking their time to document their learning of the game here, I spent the better part of my weekend reading through the whole thread and it was very enlightening. It was thanks to this thread that I finally made it to the church ;.;

P.P.S.: Bayonets are fucking badass :V

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hello guys, I realize that this thread is kinda dead already but I have two sort of meta-questions about the game that are not quite clear to me:

1) If I buy this game from the japanese DLsite, does it come with the partial engrish translation too?

2) The game isn't finished yet, right? Is there anything missing besides the final boss?

P.S.: I'd also like to thank the more experienced users for taking their time to document their learning of the game here, I spent the better part of my weekend reading through the whole thread and it was very enlightening. It was thanks to this thread that I finally made it to the church ;.;

P.P.S.: Bayonets are fucking badass :V
1) Yes. Follow the instructions to activate the English interface.

2) It's not finished. Progress has been stalled since last year. As of now, the true "final boss" is the only thing that's missing along with the associated true ending when it's defeated.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I've been wondering how much has been updated since I last played, though if it's not quite finished yet I probably may as continue waiting before I take another run at the game.

The one thing I never really properly understood was the alchemy and upgrading equipment stuff. Or even where some of the special essences are acquired from. I remember having the one required for the canoness suit, and thinking it might be cool to have a red sisters outfit (no idea how it compared statistically), but couldn't make one with better than two slots. Since I didn't know where to get a second essence from, I never actually made it (without not saving).

Never made any of the advanced weapons either. Had checked the japanese wiki for reference, but trying to actually decipher anything from there using machine trans alone was a nightmare. 80% of all essences and gear would have differing names between the games own partial-trans and wiki-trans. Guess work on top of guess work.

Did just fine with the rest of the game and all it's intricacies, but that crafting system really eluded me.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Frankly, I wouldn't call game unfinished. There's still some planned content that author was planning on adding, yes (like the Final boss, that Harley mentioned).
Heck, I would even go and call the game finished even with initial content only (with bugs fixed, of course) - but author kept going and going, adding new content to the game. I'd call Border and upcoming(?) boss a DLC, rather than part of the core game - you can totally enjoy playing it right now, but you'll have wait if you want some additional content.

Alchemy is certainly is hard to wrap your head around, but once you get a hang of it, then the rest is easy. For advanced weapons, there should be one table on the wiki - google translate should do a decent work at translating. But yeah, there are times where you would end up guessing/making associations between in game name and google translation.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Frankly, I wouldn't call game unfinished. There's still some planned content that author was planning on adding, yes (like the Final boss, that Harley mentioned).
Heck, I would even go and call the game finished even with initial content only (with bugs fixed, of course) - but author kept going and going, adding new content to the game. I'd call Border and upcoming(?) boss a DLC, rather than part of the core game - you can totally enjoy playing it right now, but you'll have wait if you want some additional content.

Alchemy is certainly is hard to wrap your head around, but once you get a hang of it, then the rest is easy. For advanced weapons, there should be one table on the wiki - google translate should do a decent work at translating. But yeah, there are times where you would end up guessing/making associations between in game name and google translation.
What he said.

Besides, it's not finding the gear with max slot that's hard, it's finding the one with the correct red essence later on.

Basically you go from:
Initially just finding a good weapon you like.
To
Finding one with better slot or essences to add to it.
To
Finding said equipment with the top-end red essence, or worse, multiple red essences.

Then once you unlock border there's the inscription to consider...

Yeah, the extra contents are essentially expansion packs. You get all these new and shiny stuffs to enhance your characters (or don't, since those inscriptions can come with negative effects too)

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Is there a map (like the one linked to in the OP) thats not written in moonrunes?

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is there a map (like the one linked to in the OP) thats not written in moonrunes?
There is a makeshift one, however without fancy stuff like distances between all directions, here.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Hah, yeah I know what you mean about calling it "unfinished" to perhaps be inaccurate. I think my main save when I last stopped playing was on 40 to 50 hours play time or something. Beat all the basic content and bosses, saved the prisoners etc, switched to hard mode, did it again several times for the hell of it. Discovered the border forest exists, dived into there several times, but kinda without any real goal or purpose beyond upgrading the storage for the hell of it.

About the alchemy... is there actually a way to increase the slot count of an item beyond the apparent max they normally spawn with, or is that something I misunderstood from reading the thread previously? (its been a while)
Whilst playing, I could never quite see the advantage of the other outfits over the generic sisters set. Obviously they let you minmax certain stats, but overall the sisters robe seemed to keep me at a much stronger overall balance, and didn't have the big skin coverage penalties that all the others do (not that I know how those stats work exactly). Obviously though, I realise you guys used other stuff in your end game builds you often discussed, but I'm not sure how it was all supposed to work.

Also I have this memory of once having a four slot sisters suit, but ever since losing it have only ever found three slot versions. So have always wondered if I simply misremembered how many slots it actually had.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

About the alchemy... is there actually a way to increase the slot count of an item beyond the apparent max they normally spawn with, or is that something I misunderstood from reading the thread previously? (its been a while)
You cannot increase slot count past the maximum, however not all items spawn with their maximum slots. Your best reference for this case would be in-game item book - items there are listed with maximum amount of slots, so you can't increase beyond that. Hence, you probably misremember about 4-slot robe.

Whilst playing, I could never quite see the advantage of the other outfits over the generic sisters set. Obviously they let you minmax certain stats, but overall the sisters robe seemed to keep me at a much stronger overall balance, and didn't have the big skin coverage penalties that all the others do (not that I know how those stats work exactly). Obviously though, I realise you guys used other stuff in your end game builds you often discussed, but I'm not sure how it was all supposed to work.
That really depends on the weapons you use and the way you play. Robe is certainly is balanced overall, however other clothes come with their specific bonuses. E.g. seifuku negates dual wielding penalties and it's really good with such weapons. Also it's one of only two clothing items that may come with 4 slots, so potentially it's the best cloth you could have (assuming that you manage to find it with 4 red top tier essences, chances for which are lower than winning a lottery). Maiden wear is really good for its bonus to essences for each empty slot - if you get 2 red essences with 1 empty slots, you're going to end up with quite a significant status boost. And so on.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Good to know. Thanks. I had suspected as much regarding the 4-slot robe. Will have to keep the item book in mind. I'd noticed the various specials such as the duel wielding bonus, but it's always hard to gauge the value of such things.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I think the dwarf's reinforcement option increases the number of slots an item with sub-max slots has?

The Overlord

Reputation score

Thanks for the answers Harley, I'd rather buy the game from the Japanese DLsite as it's usually kept more up-to-date and receives the updates faster.

Now to go on and create my perfect bayonet-wielding cute little exorcist <3