What's new

ACT [ウズラざなっく /Quail ] セタリアの魔境 / Setaria's Makyou (RJ323773)

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I noticed they're estimating... 880 yen for its price. That's far too low
If it does turn out to be 880 yen, they're either underselling themselves or creating a low barrier to entry since it's their first game. More likely the first reason because they did release a demo with a decent amount of content.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
I did some low-level datamining and found out some interesting things, but let me help a few people out first.

-The laser gun is a sub-weapon of sorts, aka you use it alongside your primary machine gun. You press F to fire it, then you have to hit enemies with your machine gun to recharge it.
-To get the laser gun, the room you need to find is at the bottom right corner of the Alraune room. There's a barrier to get past it, so you'll need to activate the second statue found in the room at the bottom left corner of the Alraune room.
-The chest with the second key to activate the statue is found in the room to the right of the first slime area. It's not in the Alraune room.
-Those weird statues with holes in the middle of them function as teleporters. Not the key statues, the faceless one that shows up in the PC's starting area. To make use of it you'll need to explore to the find the other. Just press W (or E?) to activate it and you can teleport to and from it any time.

Now for the interesting stuff. I extracted the game's encrypted files out of curiosity, but the best it could do was show me the inaccessible file names. The dev left a lot behind in the demo.
Obviously don't read this if you don't want things spoiled, but I still won't state every listed entity to keep some level of mystery.
-Firstly, this title appears to be made on GameMakerStudio 2. Probably not too surprising given the whole data.win thing in the folder.
-There are three entities carrying the name of Boss; BossTree, BossFire and LastBoss. Something else called FinalGirl too.
-I've found some other possible traps with H-scenes like the fake barrel and such. Fallstatue, Gatebox, IllusionStatue, SandWitchTrap and SeishiHassayaTrap.
-The slime has three listed H-scenes but I think they're just part of one that carries over for three stages. Don't worry about getting less content than advertised.
-There's an entity called Ningyo, who appears to have a H-scene file too. Also there's another file of them called NingyoHire. Curious.
-Not counting two of the slime's scenes or the three GameOver scenes, I count 24 H-scenes going off the sprite files named sH(entity name here), plus one more in Ningyo's. That means the GameOver scenes don't count towards the amount of scenes we're getting. What a generous circle indeed.
-If you're worried about there being no save function, most likely it's just the demo. It has entities listed as Save here so I figure it'll be possible in the full game.
-This is a bit of a speculation. Given that there's three GameOver scenes and three bosses, I think there'll be three themed regions to go through.

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
by the way, in the alurane room, directly left, theres a dark hallway, if you light the match at the end a ghost girl appears. you can't H her. she has a bunch of HP, but if you kill her a giant ball appears that instant kills you. anyone figure out if you can do anything with those two in the demo? you can't retry either, she never comes back. you'd have to restart

attempt #2: left her alone. she disappears anyway. shooting her drops money, didn't notice that the first time somehow.

Last edited:

Kernog

Reputation score
This is indeed really promising. It has the same feel as Captivity, but with levels instead of a wave.
The character handles rather well, albeit I would not have said no to a dodge button.

It will probably be a buy for me as well :)

Last edited:

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Bah. I was optimistic they'd release this for their night time. Since it's 9pm in Japan right now, that doesn't seem like it'll fly.
I wouldn't imagine they'd release it in the morning either, which is a pity because it'd be afternoon or early night for a lot of folks. Only thing we can really do at this point is move on with our lives and just hope it'll be released once we wake up. Eh, maybe. We don't know what this circle's like for punctuality but at the very least the wait time hasn't increased.

Why yes, I have been waiting on the release for the last two days, how could you tell?

Kernog

Reputation score
Well, it will be a first for their circle, so who knows?
Personally, I usually keep my expectations low with H_games, just in case, but if they keep the 800Y/6€ price I won't look twice.

Edit:
By the way, I quickly checked the game files, and it looks like you can edit the dat.csv file to change the price of the upgrades at the shop (changing the other values like the attack power does nothing, at first glance).
I won't do it because I find the game rather balanced and forgiving as it is, but if you want to get some or all the upgrades and one-shot everything from the get-go, you can use that as a cheat code.

Last edited:

rick12

Lurker
Reputation score
I think core reason for such law price-its a first-game-fear. I mean many games getting lost without even reaching 100 players, and at the same time even such simple games as RPGmaker ones take months or years of development-dev just want to find at least someone to play his game, and i bet 6 euros was just bottom line for his expectations about how rewarding people should be about his game and all that time he spent making it.

Kernog

Reputation score
Of course. This is the most probable explanation. My bit about expectations was a general rule, as more often than not the demo or the trailer overhypes the game, or what is next is not up to par to what the demo suggested.

If this game ends up being as good as it seems to be, let's make sure to help it get in DLSite's top chart ;-)

rick12

Lurker
Reputation score
Of course. This is the most probable explanation. My bit about expectations was a general rule, as more often than not the demo or the trailer overhypes the game, or what is next is not up to par to what the demo suggested.

If this game ends up being as good as it seems to be, let's make sure to help it get in DLSite's top chart ;-)
Also, i just realised, dlsite is most retarded in terms of sharing money with devs, since the price is so low and this is first product they gona take stupidly high amount of money to themselves, something around 50%, if i am not mistaken. So dev is getting only 3 euros per sale.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Ahh, nice. I'll review it later on, either in this post or another post if needs be. Also if that 50% of sales thing is true, I implore anybody that can buy it to support the devs. Evidently this circle's got something going, but I have a sticking feeling that they're not confident in their abilities. So perhaps if we blow their sale expectancies out the water, they might give us more 2.5D games in the future.

Again, do whatever you guys want. It's your money. But we should try to keep quality circles in business so maybe one day the lazy H-games will be muscled out.

Edit: I just learned the laser weapon can destroy those weird blocks.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to the H-Games section.

Kernog

Reputation score
Quick review, as I am currently doing the second level:
A game as nice as it looks. It's a steal, but in the figurative sense of the word. Some of the animations are rather inventive, which is always a plus for me (special mention for the second level's trap and the ghost). I did not expect the epicness of the first boss, either XD
On the (slight) negatives, I wish the game could "catch" my mouse cursor when playing, because accidental reloads outside of the screen are occasional. Also, the game might require a translation for the lore and for some puzzle.

Word of advice: the second level is rather labyrinthine, so plan a paper and a pencil ^^
Second word of advice: the save file is in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Setaria and is legible, so you can edit it with a text editor. I might do it to check the stages if I'm stuck at level 2

kenkashi501

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
There is nothing like randomly deciding to hit buy on a game you want, and discovering you actually have enough points for some reason and can buy it. :)

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
There is nothing like randomly deciding to hit buy on a game you want, and discovering you actually have enough points for some reason and can buy it. :)
Opposite for me, I'm struggling right now. Tried to buy it with my usual card and now I'm getting an error that says it's not accepted. Dlsite, give me a break here. I just want to fap in peace..

Cyln

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Opposite for me, I'm struggling right now. Tried to buy it with my usual card and now I'm getting an error that says it's not accepted. Dlsite, give me a break here. I just want to fap in peace..
Same. Tried to buy it with the DLsite points, can't even buy those...
Life is hard and then you die.

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score
so i'm stuck at the horror mansion how do you open this door? only place i can think of left. Ive done the ghost girl with the handprints area and the one that throws you in the orgasm dimension. Any other place with keys?

Attachments