Reputation score
Re: Video Game Riddles

I got your back on this :D

Third, but not three
18/26
"Class"/"Model"/"Kind"
AMAZING music

AND BE SPECIFIC!
I have the soundtrack for this series, I'm serious when I say, it's fucking amazing.

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

((Edited out because I barged in by mistake.))
((Edit2, putting it back in because I over reacted.))

Here's one from me. A direct quote with names removed.

gate guard - "...I've heard that shrine maidens make for good eating..."
"visitor" - "Don't spread rumors like that!"

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ouch, completely jacked without even a guess?

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Eep, sorry... I didn't see the third page there... I've butted in when I shouldn't have too haven't I? Aw snap.

I can't figure your riddle either. I'll chop my post out, and see if I can get one first. >_>

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, we've run multiple riddles before. Let's see...

Toxic's sounds like one of the Final Fantasy games. Probably 3j, the one they were reluctant to release over here in the US.

Squid...no clue. Um....Persona?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Aww, I'm sure people can guess at more than one at a time. You don't have to delete it, I just wanted to make you feel bad :D

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, we've run multiple riddles before. Let's see...

Toxic's sounds like one of the Final Fantasy games. Probably 3j, the one they were reluctant to release over here in the US.

Squid...no clue. Um....Persona?
Sorry no

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Heh, you succeeded. I'm just not Momji or Obe. I can get paranoid when I think I'm out of line. I guess I'll put it back then. And, nope. It's not Persona.

A clue, is that you won't ever see it in a typical games store. Whether in the west or east. Yeah, it's one of those obscure yet big kinda things.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

HAHAHA, I was just talking with my mom about video games (ya know, family of 4 gamer kids and it's near christmas) So I was telling her about the state of video games now and the difference between making them in years past.
Then she doses off for a second and the recites the Contra code, finishing with "Ha! I still remember it"

It's funny to hear that shit from people you don't expect.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Hehe, My Dad will sing along with Portal's Still Alive song. He loves that game. He'll run off GLADOS quotes while cooking or all sorts of unexpected times.

My mum couldn't be any further removed from the gaming world, despite how much she sees and hears of it. I think she actively blanks it as much as posible. I was talking to a friend recently, mentioned story while she was nearby, and she came out with, "Games have story lines now?" It was a 100% genuine question, with a hint of disbelief. She apparently couldn't see how a game could possibly incorporate such a thing. I can't see how she only just asked that insane question now. What exactly does she think I'm doing all that time? o_o

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

To answer your question, masturbating.

I don't appreciate ignorance of something if the person wants to have an opinion on that subject, even if it's my own mother. She knows all of us play video games and she shows a bit of interest in that. However, my brother, her oldest son, likes fighting (as do I) but he trains professionally. We were watching UFC when she came downstairs and asked what we thinks she should do when he fights and how she can't stand watching people be beat up like that. The second I made the comparison to other contact sports, namely boxing, and how it was safer, she immediately became astonished at what I had said and tried to interrupt me, to which I responded, "No, if you don't want to hear my explanation, you can shut the fuck up and go upstairs and we'll go back to watching tv but you're the one who asked so you can either sit there and listen to me or, if you have any more remarks, I don't have to waste five minutes of my day."

Yeah, I'm a bit of an asshole. And, don't get me wrong, I do love my mum, but no excuses for anyone. We all don't know things about something, I don't care if you're ignorant on a subject, but that's the point of seeking knowledge, to acquire such information. But to reject information or take it for granted? Now you're equating yourself to the kid on the playground who's "always right" because he sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA"

Having said that, any guesses on my game? Remember, it's a specific game of a series.

Last edited:

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I agree with nearly everything Toxic just said.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The smart ones always do

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh god, the shit I get from my parents for playing video games is unbelievable. I asked my bro to pick up Phantom Hourglass for me because it was only £13 and when I got home the first thing my mother said to me was 'I would've thought you'd be out of games like this by now.' I asked her what she meant and she said because it had a low age rating on it. I juts turned to her and said 'you obviously have no idea what the Legend of Zelda series is about then, do you?' And its not just that, they constantly nitpick because I like playing game like Pokemon and the like. They dont realise that there's stuff inside the game that appeals to people over the age of 5. Makes me want to stand over them while they sleep and suffocate them with a pillow.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

BWAHAHA, so your parents think you're gay just cuz of the games you play :p
(kidding of course)

I know my clues are subtle but the games are usually (although old-school) a bit mainstream.
Any guesses?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Nope, still got nothing.

*waves hand* Video game ignorance story time!

So, I worked in a store that sold video and computer games for 6 years. My favorite customers were the grandmothers that would come in and say "So, my grandson wants the newest Grand Theft Auto. Do you have it?" "Y-eah. How old is he?" "He's ten." *facepalm*

"My daughter wants the Sims. Is it appropriate?" "How old is she?" "Twelve." "Well..." And I was *always* honest with them. I'd explain the huggy-kissy-smootchy-Vibro-bed bits and how the Sims *can* have same sex relationships and my end statement was usually "But if you're okay with that, by all means, here, let me sell you the expansions."

And now the true story "I couldn't make this shit up if I tried" portion:

In the declining days of the Nintendo 64, we had fewer and fewer games available to us. In fact, our selection was limited to about five titles: Catch that Pikachu, Perfect Dark, some sports games, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. I'm coming up from the music department, which takes me past where we have the N64 games displayed and I see my co-worker talking with a man and handing him Conker, stating (kid you not) "Well, this one's got a squirrel, so it might be all right." I stop, spin, and put myself between the two of them. "Who are you getting that for, sir?" "My son." "How old?" "Seven." "No. No, no no. Give me that. This game is rated M. The back of the box says he starts the game drunk. Does he like Pokemon?" *Deathglare to moron co-worker*

Another time, I'm talking with this couple and they're asking me about the Sims. "How do you change the language setting on it?" "Well, I'm sure there's something in the configuration, though I'd think the default would be English. Why?" "Well, they're all speaking French!" *facepalm* *Holding myself up with a shelf* "No, they're speaking Sim. It's a gibberish language." "Oh. Really?" "Yes. You're fine." "Good. Thanks!"

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well Idk about the age thing, I've always treated it like movies in that, if the parents are ok with introducing their kids to that, then it's fine. It's really all a matter of how your parents feel about "external influence" which is a big part of the argument on media making children violent. I could get into the specifics of that but I don't want to rant for years. Anyway, the point is, it's how they're introduced to it and whether or not they can handle it. I had two older brothers so pretty much from the second I was born, I was playing teen or mature games, watching cable movie channels, and listening to fuck-all type metal.

It's really up to the parents discretion, but in my case, my parents KNEW what they were getting us. I do facepalm myself quite hard at the idiocy of parents these days and the jackassery of their kids for actually wanting the game. Especially because games now are gorey-bloody-adult just for the sake of being gorey-bloody-adult. We had our parents buy mature games because the game looked like fun and we didn't want to not play it just cuz someone said "fuck" in a cinematic. This is as opposed to the kids who want some game where the point is to kill everything you see and be rewarded with pictures of boobs in bikinis, or some stupid shit like that.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, I wholly agree, actually. It's more just the fact that these people had *no* clue what they were getting, and you know they're going to be the first people to be mad at you (the salesperson) for letting *their* spawn (or grandspawn) be exposed to video game violence. I had one woman I seriously wanted to smack. She had, like, a 10 year old boy she was buying for, looking for a PS2 game. But she didn't want a game with *any* violence in it. I mean *any* and this included slapstick, bonking the enemies off the screen, nothing. I'm like "well, we've got SESAME STREET" (which, of course, was for, like, age 5). I kept going around in circles with her because it's like "Look, lady, you are not going to find a game with *no* violence unless it's either a party game or for three year olds." (Of course, it came out nicer than that, but still...) I dunno. Personally, I can't stand the parents that blame outside influences on their kids behavior when they're the ones using video games and television to babysit them. You're right, tho, Toxic, you could rant for days on the subject.

At least it makes good filler because we don't know you or Squid's riddles *laughs*

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well mine's a scrolling shooter.

I know a bit about video games, I've been playing all genres and systems since before I could form conscious thoughts and literally average about 5-6 hours a day my entire life, but I could NEVER sell games because of parents. They're the one reason I never got a job doing such