What's new

[WIP - Full] Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djunk101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

Woohoo! Thanks, dude!

nobunaga1910

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Mein god. I should've done a no fap week.

JackyHF

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I will wait for the full version, but I wish to thank you very, very much for doing this project. Please keep at it.

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

And tadaa~! A new version of the patch released.

v0.82 translates 82% of the game. This is mainly everything up until the end of Act 4, and all H-scenes in Wiccaholt, Alchester and Frisbee. Some of the remainder is translated as well, but no story content. Also untranslated is the new content in VPM 1.1.4 - this will be in the next version of the patch.

I'll be working on RPGMaker Trans for a bit to get the new version out soon, because it really needs to get out there ASAP. Hopefully I'll be able to put some more time into this afterwards and get to the end of this long and gruelling road of a translation project.

Regarding the pseudo-decensor work

I've currently identified that a large number of the unpleasant artifacts I'm seeing in some of the algorithmic pseudo-decensors I've tried is due to uncensored foreground detail (normally bodily fluids). When I get a bit more time to mess around with this I'll be trying fix this by filling in the mosaics by hand so they're unbroken and seeing if that sorts out the issue. If it does, I think I've got a proof of concept that DSR-based demosaicing can work, and will put work towards making it actually a thing.

@Shadow316: No issue's been opened. Are you still having problems?

Thank you so much for the patch! :D i cant wait to try it out in a few hours.

Hiei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Try as I might I can never get the patch past 99% despite restarting countless times and running RPG trans in administrator.

The commonevents (which is the majority of the translation) never actually translates. While I'm very aware that this thread isn't for RPGMaker Trans assistance.

Has anyone using Windows 10 ever actually got the common events data to work? If so mind PM'ing it me, as after 15 attempts at trying on my end I'm obviously getting nowhere.

djunk101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Try as I might I can never get the patch past 99% despite restarting countless times and running RPG trans in administrator.

The commonevents (which is the majority of the translation) never actually translates. While I'm very aware that this thread isn't for RPGMaker Trans assistance.

Has anyone using Windows 10 ever actually got the common events data to work? If so mind PM'ing it me, as after 15 attempts at trying on my end I'm obviously getting nowhere.
Mine slowed to a crawl at 98%, went to 99% after a minute, and then hit 100% after like 10 more minutes. You may just need to wait.

Hiei

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yep it seems just waiting was the solution for around 12 minutes in total 11 of which was spent at 99%.

Thanks for the tip. An thanks for the patch of course as well.

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just be patient mate, i have windows 10 pro, and it usually stays at 99% for around 2 minutes for me, depending on your pc it can take more time (maybe 5 or 10 minutes), just leave it and come back in some minutes.

PS. oops, didnt see you already got an answer, glad that your problem got solved :p

Last edited:

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey habisain, first of all congratulations on the newest release.
I've come across an error when patching with the new 0.82 release with the 4.41e release of RPGMaker Trans here's the error log.

WARNING: Ruby with nonzero exit code 1
ERROR: Ruby unexpectedly quit.
Ruby Traceback:
<internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `require': cannot load such file -- rubygems.rb (LoadError)
from <internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `<compiled>'

Ruby Traceback:
<internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `require': cannot load such file -- rubygems.rb (LoadError)

Ruby Traceback:

Last edited:

Hantaboy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A will look for this patch as a birthday present :D One more act can be played (with understandable language). Feels like anime watching with season delays... :D

Edit: cli version seems faster than gui version for update... (rpg maker trans)

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've come across an error when patching with the new 0.82 release with the 4.41e release of RPGMaker Trans here's the error log.
Read my sig. This is a thread on the patch, not RPGMaker Trans. If you want tech support, raise an issue on the issue tracker. Or wait until I release the next version of RPGMaker Trans, which will not have this particular problem.

As general RPGMaker Trans slowness has been mentioned, a quick explanation on that: it's caused by Windows networking stack and firewalls - this is because RPGMaker Trans is making heavy use of sockets for inter-process communication (IPC). If you're seeing an excessively long time to patch the game (more than 2 minutes) it's likely because of the firewall you're using. RPGMaker Trans v5 should fix this (it moves most of the IPC to use shared memory + an sqlite3 database).

Also glad most people haven't complained of bugs in the patch itself so far. If anyone sees a typo, sentence that doesn't make sense, or whatever, please let me know and I'll get it fixed. The patch has been spellchecked, but for the most part it hasn't been proofread, so I can well believe there's some problems with it.

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Read my sig. This is a thread on the patch, not RPGMaker Trans. If you want tech support, raise an issue on the issue tracker. Or wait until I release the next version of RPGMaker Trans, which will not have this particular problem.

As general RPGMaker Trans slowness has been mentioned, a quick explanation on that: it's caused by Windows networking stack and firewalls - this is because RPGMaker Trans is making heavy use of sockets for inter-process communication (IPC). If you're seeing an excessively long time to patch the game (more than 2 minutes) it's likely because of the firewall you're using. RPGMaker Trans v5 should fix this (it moves most of the IPC to use shared memory + an sqlite3 database).

Also glad most people haven't complained of bugs in the patch itself so far. If anyone sees a typo, sentence that doesn't make sense, or whatever, please let me know and I'll get it fixed. The patch has been spellchecked, but for the most part it hasn't been proofread, so I can well believe there's some problems with it.
I had thought this would be your answer after I posted it here silly me, in any case since you mentioned the particular issue will be fixed in the next version of RPG MakerTrans I'll just wait it out without the constant nagging on errors and such thanks for the swift reply~

Bamioum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Gwendolyn has an untranslated line during the dialogue right before going to the mausoleum.

Also an untranslated line from Brigit during the witches ceremony.

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gwendolyn has an untranslated line during the dialogue right before going to the mausoleum.

Also an untranslated line from Brigit during the witches ceremony.
That's odd, but a quick question: Are you using Version 1.1.3? Or Version 1.1.4? The patch currently targets v1.1.3, and I'm pretty certain I got everything in those scenes. However, if v1.1.4 had some typo corrections, then I'll have some lines that need reinserting. Anyhow, if it's v1.1.4, I'll tackle those in the next version of the patch. That'll hopefully be next month? (And it'll just concentrate on rebasing the patch to v1.1.4, so no-one should get their hopes up for much new content).

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If anyone sees a typo, sentence that doesn't make sense, or whatever, please let me know and I'll get it fixed.
I think there were some japanese symbols when you fall in the traps at the fertility shrine. Also, the "head priest" at the orphanage looks more like a head nun, I think. I think I saw some typo somewhere and some other japanese lines, but I can't remember where that was already. I'll let you know if I find anything.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think there were some japanese symbols when you fall in the traps at the fertility shrine. Also, the "head priest" at the orphanage looks more like a head nun, I think. I think I saw some typo somewhere and some other japanese lines, but I can't remember where that was already. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Regarding the Head Priest - the dialogue in the Japanese version has him as "Father" (in the same way that Japanese uses the loan-word "Sister" where we would use "Nun"). So he's definitely a guy.

As to the odd Japanese line - as mentioned previously, I haven't re-targeted this translation the translation onto v1.1.4 yet, so there will be a few places where the dialogue changed and is therefore untranslated. If it bothers you, please wait until the next release where I'll be rebasing my patch onto v1.1.4.

djunk101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can anyone remind me how many endings this game has? I know that, aside from the "debt ending", the ending you get is based on whether or not Brigit is a version, but I can't remember if her having become lewd affects it or not. Been a couple years since I first played the game in Japanese before later finding out this translation patch was being worked on (honestly, I may have never played it again if not for this patch :p).

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Regarding the Head Priest - the dialogue in the Japanese version has him as "Father" (in the same way that Japanese uses the loan-word "Sister" where we would use "Nun"). So he's definitely a guy.

As to the odd Japanese line - as mentioned previously, I haven't re-targeted this translation the translation onto v1.1.4 yet, so there will be a few places where the dialogue changed and is therefore untranslated. If it bothers you, please wait until the next release where I'll be rebasing my patch onto v1.1.4.
Oh, ok. I was judging only by the sprite :D

The Japanese line does not "bother" me, I was only reporting on it. :) Thanks a lot for the work you do.

djunk101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A couple spelling and formatting errors to report. First, for spelling, during the opening scene of Act 5, when Llywelyn comes in to testify and she mentions the women were imprisoned, it says "help" where I believe you meant "held" and during the scene in the shop immediately afterwards, Llywelyn says her and Brigit "say" the kidnappers instead of "saw". For formatting, when Llywelyn is naked in the dungeon, a bit of pink text is coming up from the bottom of her name box (it disappears after you rescue the other women). Also, when the King's shouting in the opening scene of Act 5, the font is so big that there's an empty text box after each one with text. Also, I'm not sure if this is something from the original version or something you did but I thought I'd mention it anyway, when the King first says something the "???" is green but when his actual name box comes up "King" is in blue. Hope this helps somewhat.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can anyone remind me how many endings this game has? I know that, aside from the "debt ending", the ending you get is based on whether or not Brigit is a version, but I can't remember if her having become lewd affects it or not. Been a couple years since I first played the game in Japanese before later finding out this translation patch was being worked on (honestly, I may have never played it again if not for this patch :p).
Brigit is a version? Meh. 5 Endings.

1) Brigit is a virgin and not a total pervert: Independent Witch (Llywelyn ending)
2) Brigit is a virgin but a total pervert: Supervised Witch (Branwen ending)
3) Brigit is not a virgin: Training Witch (Gwendolyn ending)
4) Brigit has debt to moneylender: Stocks Gangbang ending
5) Brigit agreed to Gurutz's slave contract: Slave ending

I kind of made up the names off the top of my head, but they're pretty accurate. One of my least favourite aspects of this game is that Brigits competence at the end of the game appears to be tied to her chastity. I know there isn't much else to base it off, given the lack of side-quests, but still. Seems cack-handed to my somewhat progressive mindset.

A couple spelling and formatting errors to report. First, for spelling, during the opening scene of Act 5, when Llywelyn comes in to testify and she mentions the women were imprisoned, it says "help" where I believe you meant "held" and during the scene in the shop immediately afterwards, Llywelyn says her and Brigit "say" the kidnappers instead of "saw". For formatting, when Llywelyn is naked in the dungeon, a bit of pink text is coming up from the bottom of her name box (it disappears after you rescue the other women). Also, when the King's shouting in the opening scene of Act 5, the font is so big that there's an empty text box after each one with text. Also, I'm not sure if this is something from the original version or something you did but I thought I'd mention it anyway, when the King first says something the "???" is green but when his actual name box comes up "King" is in blue. Hope this helps somewhat.
All good stuff to know - the ??? one is as it should be (??? is always green in the Japanese version, so it's always green in mine as well), but the rest needs fixing. The Kings dialogue might be a bit problematic actually, because it appears that some of the custom scripts in VPM conflict with the default RPGMaker behaviour, and guess which one the current version of RPGMaker Trans is hard-coded to use? Sigh. At least it's on my list of things that will be fixed in the next RPGMaker Trans version, although I may have to bump this particular feature (command support) up a few notches - I wasn't planning on implementing it for the initial release, but seems like I actually need it...

Given that none of it's particularly major though, I'm probably going to sit on these until the next version which rebases the patch onto VPM v1.1.4, targeted to be around the end of next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.