Walkthroughs

OP
B

Bulmassj4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Walkthroughs

"......seriously?"

Uhm, yes? Try editing my walkthrough where i wrote it, and NOT posting it new with every change it gets.

"Every time a game get updated, the link to the updated version changes, which means the first post has to be changed anyway, so what's the problem. Update it in one single post instead of having the walkthroughs completely separate from the game thread."

Yea, because the newest version is ALLWAYS in the first post. /sarcasm off

"which is why it's popular for the longest walkthroughs to be uploaded as a text document for download. "

Again, if its so easy to make a text file and add it in the first post, why isnt there one in every first post of a game that has a walkthrough?

And again i repeat myself, if u dont like the idea, just shut up and let the thread die, or become an admin and do the work adding a walkthrough in hundreds of posts.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ya know, you are really dense. I told you exactly how it could be done, and you didn't understand. So I showed you instead, and it's still over your head. I was making an example of how a mod would edit the first post, hence why I said that it would be the "first page is done" because it would be the first page. I showed you everything about it that anyone who is a moderator can do, and the only part you took of that is I'm not a moderator, so my argument is invalid? How is this not sinking in for you. IT WOULD KEEP GETTING EDITED IN THE SAME SPOT! NOT REPOSTED.

The newest version SHOULD always be in the first post, exactly like a walkthrough SHOULD be there too, if one's available. The entire argument started because I said, that's things would be at their simplest.

And yes, that stuff does happen, just not here. As a matter of fact, some developers or even uploaders of the game will actually have the saved walkthrough document bundled with the game. All anything needs to do is be attached. That's why it's not difficult. People are still lazy or uninformed, hence why a walkthrough isn't there, most problems can be drawn back to a person at fault. God forbid the first post that has the information about the game have tips on the game itself, why would that make any sense? But fuck me I guess. Instead, we should just find all the important posts you've made and throw the links up here.

*edit* look, it's not the admins fault. Like I said, it's either lazy or uninformed. A person finds a game and they post it, they dont know much about the game or if it has a walkthrough. Hell half the time, they wont even search to see if it's already here. As much shit as I'm giving you, at least you searched for threads and posted in the appropriately (although that searching is questionable, since apparently you get thousands of results). The mods can't tell what's been posted in every thread in the section, so if Dark never stumbles upon someone like you posting a walkthrough, they'll never put it into the front page cuz they don't know. And some of the more commonly posted in threads don't have links in the front page because there's usually just a generic link to an author's website where the latest version is easily downloaded. Yes, it's sort of a broken system but its not like anyone's at fault or stupid. But because that's one way it can work, that's the defense you're going to use? No one does it so clearly it's a bad idea? Ask a mod if they wouldn't mind editing the first post. You'd be surprised how much a walkthrough will boost the life into a dead game. Even if the first post had little information about the game itself and the thread was destined to die because of it. A walkthrough posted on the front page will encourage people to download it, which ups the amount of information about the game, which can be re-edited back into the first post. This way anyone who comes to the thread sees a) a link to the game, b) all the info people have posted about it, and c) your walkthrough to guide anyone who downloads it.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Lemme add my two cents. Essentially, it comes down to this. I can either edit the first post of each topic to include a walkthrough, or I can sticky/merge this thread with the Game List so there's a comprehensive list of walkthroughs. If I were to edit each topic that had a walkthrough, it would be encouraging downloads and it would be giving new players a good amount of knowledge before starting out. On the other hand if I were to simply sticky/merge this, anybody who was simply looking for a specific guide to a game could easily just enter this thread and find it. Plus a walkthrough on an RPG maker game that was featured in that thread would be much easier to find if you were specifically looking for it.

On the flip side locating and editing each topic to add a walkthrough would be work on my part. As much as I'd love to, I'm a lazy sunuvabitch and unless you told me through a PM or something, I probably wouldn't invest that much time to working on this. Meanwhile making a sticky would add to the alright ludicrous amount of stickies in this section. It'd take up space for other popular games for a thread that may or may not be popular. It's also likely not going to be used given that a lot of people around here are incredibly blind. If they're dumb enough to make threads asking for helping on a game whose thread is already on the same page, I'm definitely going to be pissed if they ask where they can find a walkthrough when it's already in this thread. I'd also comment on how organizing each walkthrough would work, but that's someone else's problem.

My solution is a compromise. I could do all of the above. Merge this thread with the Game List so each game that isn't on the thread will finally be there. Then a walkthrough for each game will also be included there. And then I could edit each first post to include the walkthrough to ensure that people can find it immediately. This'll reduce the clutter on the first page and guarantee that finding walkthroughs are a hassle-free experience.

The only thing is, I'd need a little help from people telling me what games have a walkthrough because I'm sure as hell not gonna wade through every game on the list and put a link to the walkthrough.

So basically there really isn't a downside to me picking all three choices. The only one that suffers is me. ):

OP
B

Bulmassj4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If u have too much stickys, how about you combine 3 of the stickys to one "Read before posting" theread?

And btw, i dont think that even a full first page of stickys would bother anyone much, whats so hard about going to the next page?
I browse like the first 5 - 10 pages everytime i visit, it takes like 1 minute.

What i dont understand is that you first say that you are lazy and one method is a lot of work,
BUT you could do all 3 methods. (And i guess you mean all 3 at the same time)

If you are so lazy, make this a sticky and you know exactly where you have to read for new walkthroughs.
And you most likely know... "10 new posts since last week, ok, not much to read".
You would not even need help from others telling you were new walkthroughs appear this way.

Reading EVERY thread yourself for new walkthroughs and then adding them on 3 differend spots seems like a LOT of unneeded work to me. ^^

If your lazy, make this a sticky and your only work would be looking into this thread from time to time and make a link in the first post.
If you want to put some effort into it, remake the games list, and maybe let people post walkthroughs there.
And if you realy have too much spare time, read every single new post in "Hentai Games" for a new walkthrough /
let people tell you when new walkthroughs appear (what will most likely not work out),
and then search their threads and add them in the first post. (what would be a pain in the ass for the RPGMaker stuff)

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

You and I have a different definition of lazy. I believe laziness means to be unwilling to do work. If I were to simply sticky this, yeah that'd be the end of the discussion. However like Toxic has said repeatedly, putting new edits on every thread would make things much easier for the majority of the people. Even if I'm lazy, that doesn't mean I'd sacrifice the ability to make people's lives even easier just so I can get off from work (At least in this case). And it's not like I'LL be the one diving into every thread. Only those who send me a PM and such will actually make me work. I'm lazy in that I won't do this myself. But if someone asked me to, I'm obligated as a moderator to do it. As for the Games List, I've been meaning to update it anyway. Like the requests, I'd feel obligated to update it with walkthroughs if someone asked me to.

Now I'm gonna ask a question that probably a lot of the people reading this thread are asking: Why are you so fixated on getting this thread stickied? It's a good idea, yes, but most people who're trying to be helpful would just post for the sake of being helpful. They wouldn't post and constantly request that their work be stickied.

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I have an idea to trump all of your ideas.

You should have a search bar for the games section. You could stick a button for it right next to 'forum tools' in the top right and then people could just type "(insert name of game here) walkthrough". Its easy, no drama, and no more stickys.

I mean that's what I would look for before I tried digging through 9001 posts of people arguing about the size of their e-peen. Just sayin'...

OP
B

Bulmassj4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am not fixated on getting this thread stickyed.
I WAS fixated on something getting done because like i said,
when there is a little bit more organisation here, i would have made more walkthroughs.

But now i dont realy care anymore because i am just playing now without making a walkthrough.

Making this a sticky would have been an very easy solutuon for everyone,
but you guys rather write novels full of arguments instead of getting something done.

So... Who cares? I just play, lurk, and dont contribute.
Why make a walkthrough if everyone here is just totaly nerdraging about this idea,
and wants a different method of organisation? XD

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Aw, you're just piss-sore that the idea you brought up was the dumbest of the bunch, so now you say no one can get it.
I browse like the first 5 - 10 pages everytime i visit, it takes like 1 minute
Oh yeah, cuz going through 125-250 threads and all the pages and games they contain every day only takes 1 minute, but looking through 9,000 thread titles makes you shit your pants. Gotcha

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Aw, you're just piss-sore that the idea you brought up was the dumbest of the bunch, so now you say no one can get it.
Yep.
Oh he mad.
He's even got the neg repper fired up! I'm scared. Oh wait, I don't care.

...but that's a discussion for another thread.

OP
B

Bulmassj4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Toxic:
Lol, you make no sense, since when is "looking at 5-10 (with only titles and date)" even close to "browsing though 9000 results (like 900 pages with full posts)"?
How long do you take to press the next page button 10 times and look if any interresting thread has new posts?

Sry but what u said there was just dumb.

And lol again at my idea being the dumbest, its the best, not my fault you guys are all afraid of stickys. XD

Just retarded, sorry ^^

@rydin32:
Did you say anything usefull in this thread or are you just trolling?
Fail troll fails...

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's not more, but you said you had to peruse through 9,000, which never happens if you know how to actually search things. You said you browse through the games through those 5-10 pages, going on to talk about how much work that would mean to reread all those threads. Over 300 pages of threads on the first page alone, and they're mainly new threads and four small stickies. As opposed to titles.

And yeah, he may be trolling, since he argued a point just like either of us, but pretended something about it makes him superior.

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

@rydin32:
Did you say anything usefull in this thread or are you just trolling?
Naw, I don't find any amusement in trolling and if I was well then, damn its a first.

However I did come off overly sarcastic after reading through all the posts of you defending your idea even after Darkfire himself says something along the lines of 'No, maybe there is a better way we could go about this' (That's paraphrased of course).

I was thinking more along the lines of "drop it already and use the search like the rest of us!"

When you got all butthurt about it though and neg'ed me that's when I actually laughed at it. I was more poking fun at the regulars for their lengthy off-topic rants and arguments, not directly attacking you and you still got all hurt by it.

Normally I keep the sarcasm down to a minimum but damn you dragged that on way too long, even back then!

OP
B

Bulmassj4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Toxic
What? You have 300 Pages of threads on the first page?
Even if you mean 300 threads on the first page... wtf?
I have like 20 threads per page.
How can you be bothered by 5 stickys when u have 300 threads on one page?

Edit:
@rydin
Wtf? i neg'ed you? No.
just stfu troll.

Editedit:
lol, i just found that rep button, what is it good for anyways?
I cant see anyones reputation. XD

Last edited:

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

All you're doing now is painting yourself as a troll. Now that I see it, I'm done with you. Someone else can feed your rant.

OP
B

Bulmassj4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh my god... to proove you i didnt neg you, i will neg you now, then you can see that it was someone else. ^^
Edit: At least i guess everyone can just +rep or -rep someone once.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Actually rydin, I negged you. And yes, there's 300 pages OF thread between the 25 threads on the first page. I'm saying that the 3 stickies are only 1 page, and 1 is 2, so when you start getting to pages 2-10, they won't have small threads on them, but threads with more pages to them.

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Actually rydin, I negged you. And yes, there's 300 pages OF thread between the 25 threads on the first page. I'm saying that the 3 stickies are only 1 page, and 1 is 2, so when you start getting to pages 2-10, they won't have small threads on them, but threads with more pages to them.
Yeah I saw that it took away 50 FRIGGIN' POINTS. Figured it had to be you or Dark. You had a right to though because you were the one I was poking fun at.

Still though Bulmassj4, that doesn't change the way you react to things. "just stfu troll." isn't going to help any misunderstanding. You seem to get over defensive about everything you post.

OP
B

Bulmassj4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"Yeah I saw that it took away 50 FRIGGIN' POINTS. Figured it had to be you or Dark."

Ok, then why did you say to toxic:

"Yep.
Oh he mad.

...but that's a discussion for another thread." ?

makes no sense... and there is NO missunderstanding ^^

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

"Yeah I saw that it took away 50 FRIGGIN' POINTS. Figured it had to be you or Dark."

Ok, then why did you say to toxic:

"Yep.
Oh he mad.

...but that's a discussion for another thread." ?

makes no sense... and there is NO missunderstanding ^^
Because that's when I thought it was you.

"Wtf? i neg'ed you? No."
"All you're doing now is painting yourself as a troll. Now that I see it, I'm done with you. Someone else can feed your rant."
After that, I looked at how many points I lost and went "whoops I fucked up"

Yeah I guess there is no misunderstanding because this has nothing to do with the rep as I've said before, but the way you handle everything.

Your idea didn't go over the way you wanted. Get over it and do something else.

That's what I'm gonna do. Someones actually making a new GOR RPG Ive been meaning to try out. I'm gonna do that instead of keeping this thread alive and annoying everyone with it.

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Please dont get carried away from topic.
I need a answer from the Mods...what to do now with the walktroughs?
In the gametreads?

Positiv: you find all then answers in the thread
Negativ: very confusing cause you will need several post if the wt is pretty long
and it could be in the middle of 50 pages or so

New threads
Positiv: fast finding and good overview with discussion and info adding later on
Negativ: More threads about 1 game

Maybe it would be wise to just add another seperate topic Forum for it

More challanging option
The Mods edit the post togehter so on 1st page is always the Description, dl, walktrough

So tell me guys, what do you want to do?