What's new

What ever happened to the reorganization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I don't care if a dev is using some Patreon-esque platform or not. I care if they're coming in here like we're a billboard for them. There's a huge difference between when Sourjelly showed up in the Anthophobia thread, talking with his fans, and this. Granted, not all devs do this. Some really do talk in other threads, mingle with the community, and all that jazz. But there it's a disproportionate ratio, and I think it needs to be addressed.
Well I mean, for stuff like THAT why don't we just treat it like what it is? Garbage. Isn't it kind of inevitable that a moderator is going to take action anyways? I doubt they'll actually follow thread creation rules and deliberately post in a section where they're going to get less potential views.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Isn't it kind of inevitable that a moderator is going to take action anyways?.
If you want to make sure, it's always best to report these things.
But yes, I agree with Slicer's opinion, if not necessarily wording, in that there is no need to strain the forum hardware, let the viewers be the judges of the quality of games posted and check how a game-creator reacts to feedback -before- you throw money at them.
It would be nice to have a more advanced filtering method for games, but any kind of search engine or rating system has flaws in itself, the best implemented databases still struggle, ultimately, finding that awesome lewd game you will enjoy is a bit of an effort. But what else are you gonna do with your time, hook up with real people? Yuck. :p

I myself have forums where I share my games and check back primarly when there are updates to post.. But I do check back and I do comment on things, note down bugs, etc. (which is more effort than most people expect it to be.)

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
I don't delete those threads because for one, they aren't doing anything wrong. They're sharing a game, which happens to be theirs, on a forum about H-games.

Secondly, even if you or I think the quality of the game is bad, doesn't necessarily mean everybody thinks so. I thought that FNAF game was gross and hated the Patreon model, but I let it slide. Lo and behold, other people showed up in the thread and discussion started sprouting out of it. Behavior and etiquette is one thing, but I will not moderate something based on my own personal opinions. Does this mean garbage might come show up from time to time? Sure. But even that's information worth cataloging into the knowledge base that is this forum.

If the community unanimously agrees that something is "garbage", then they'll leave it well enough alone, which I believe is how it should be. But that does create clutter, which is the only thing I'm trying to get rid of.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Oh, my description was mainly based on the creators attitude towards posting on our forum.

There's almost NO way to start a conversation in that thread, unless you really like talking to yourself.

Though I'll admit that what I saw of that game reminded me of low-effort VN's with 3d models...

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
In that sense, I'm in complete agreement.

To be fair though, I'm not sure how I'd start a thread like that either. I usually use HentaiWriter or Anon42 as examples of good OPs for dev-started threads, and even they kind of just do the info dump and let people talk about it on their own. I suppose make stricter merits on what info they need to post and make more tangible requirements for their proof of concept?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
But even that's information worth cataloging into the knowledge base that is this forum.
A knowledge base.. now that's one way of describing it...

and even they kind of just do the info dump and let people talk about it on their own. I suppose make stricter merits on what info they need to post and make more tangible requirements for their proof of concept?
Well, that is a bit odd a concept, I mean, is this a place to share games, or a place to develope games? Basically, the main reason why a game developer actively engages in feedback discussion beyond a 'post any questions below' or somesuch is, in my experience, to get technical help or PRECISE bug reports.
This never struck me as much of a website of that kind, not to say I haven't gotten good feedback from here, to be clear, but if you want to encourage discourse with creators, I would recommend more than just penalizing those that don't offer much to talk about on their threads, you'd have to give different impulses to the forum culture.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
A knowledge base.. now that's one way of describing it...

Ahhh, you see this forum's regulars (outside the H-section) used to be a much different group of people. And our H-game section mods are two of those that still remain, iirc they were pitched the job of librarians, not iron fisted dictators.

LoL EE wasn't always a ghost-town populated by sporadic flame wars either, ya know?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
LoL EE wasn't always a ghost-town populated by sporadic flame wars either, ya know?
But then you came about, eh?
J/k.

Oh I do believe this started off kinda similiar to the Krystal forums, basically a fandom of one particular 'old school' hentai title, primitive by todays standards, but hallmarks about a decade ago, and just got.. well, big.

The thing is, by comparison, speaking as someone that hosts games on a variety of forums there is far more views, but far less discussion happening here on game topics compared to certain smaller forum places. That is based in a general forum culture, not in what game devs post, not to defend the indefensible 'here's my patreon, here's a pic with bewbs' kinda posts.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
You're not wrong. EE is in it's current state due in no small part to my actions. Unfortunately I'm in no position to rectify the situation and nobody else seems willing.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ah, the good ol' days...
*sets fire to slicer for EE vacancy Liessss*

But aye as said before, just moving patreon-type games into their own section would be probably the best for sorting things out, and get it out of sight for anti-patreon people.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
But aye as said before, just moving patreon-type games into their own section would be probably the best for sorting things out, and get it out of sight for anti-patreon people.
And as I countered before, how do you differentiate between a free to play, Patreon optional, an early release for patrons and a public beta, patreon full version model?

If you segregate things into free/pay to play, what will happen is
A- Overhead work for the staff because things are posted wrong or people discuss/report if things are posted wrong
B- Stuff that costs money will be abandoned, there will be an unbalancing of content.
C- Complicating stuff might drive developers away that would otherwise post things

And most importantly, at leas in my opinion
D- You let the complainers have their way. If people dislike patreon.. that's their problem. I believe there was a vote some ago that showed the anti-patreon crowd is naught but a vocal minority.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I don't think this is a problem that has a readily applied preventative solution, given that it seems like Dark's willing to do the extra work to clean out the clutter why not use a reactive one?

Maybe set up a special sub that these type of threads can be moved to at the discretion of H-games mods? Call it Patreon hawking?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
*chuckles* I guess sometimes you have to be reactive, yes. I just advice care in the moving, lest creators are dissatisfied next.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Hell, we could even make it an active community thing. Leave the thread alone for a week or so and then put it up to a vote somewhere whether the thread should be shelved or left open.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hell, we could even make it an active community thing. Leave the thread alone for a week or so and then put it up to a vote somewhere whether the thread should be shelved or left open.
If you find someone with enough free time and overview of the H-games..

let's face it you'll find someone.

If you find someone that'd be interested in managing these things.. :p

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If you find someone with enough free time and overview of the H-games..

let's face it you'll find someone.

If you find someone that'd be interested in managing these things.. :p
Some of us have no life... :p

I don't think this is a problem that has a readily applied preventative solution, given that it seems like Dark's willing to do the extra work to clean out the clutter why not use a reactive one?

Maybe set up a special sub that these type of threads can be moved to at the discretion of H-games mods? Call it Patreon hawking?
Dark and I mentioned the model used by another forum here, using it, Hentai Games wouldn't have any posts, they would all be in sub-forum. Still the problem with threads being mere advertizing for a game/patreon.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Dark and I mentioned the model used by another forum here, using it, Hentai Games wouldn't have any posts, they would all be in sub-forum. Still the problem with threads being mere advertizing for a game/patreon.
The basic issue appears to be how you'd actually write down the rule that singles out those threads in a way which is easy for mods to enforce - simply because there are threads which actually do have discussion in them. However, now that the thread ignore function is back, it's probably a non-issue. It's not like there is a huge deluge of these threads, so ignoring them is probably the best course of action.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
An option could be a search-sorting algorithm, though we have an abundance of .. odd reactions, you could filter for games with a good like/dislike ratio, allowing the community to police themselfs.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
That's way too exploitable, especially if a dev wants to promote the shit out of their content without putting together something that could be considered "high quality." You might be able to sell a registration limitation on multiple accounts to prevent like/dislike spamming; but, then you get that person asking friends or using bots to get them likes/dislikes going.

Status
Not open for further replies.