Wicked Age

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Wicked Age

who DOESN'T want to be the unwitting husband of a serpent demoness?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If Toxic chooses the unwitting husband, I'll be the serpent demoness.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry, I'm not doing this, I just heard vipers and had to steer it towards that

Reputation score

If Toxic doesn't want in, I'd like to re-express my interest. Yeesh, go without internet for one stinkin' day....

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You're in Alpacalypse.

Okay. Players are:

Alpacalypse - Raider Lieutenant
Raptor Jesus - Mage from the tower
Archer - Raider Chieftain
xivvix - Slave Girl of the Silver Tower
tentanarix - Enchantress returning home
cross grave - Mage from the Silver Tower

Extended List, factoring in that there are mages that dwell within the tower, and my own thoughts about the town and such. Remember that this is an ancient and wicked age - like the Age of Conan - life is simple and savage, and sorceries are often wicked and at great cost.

Leader of the Mage Order
Mage - played by Raptor Jesus
Other Mages
Servants/Slaves of the Mage Order
Enchantress (exiled from the Order)
Unwitting Husband
Serpent Demoness
Raider Chieftain
Raider Lieutenant - played by The Alpacalypse
Other Raiders
Other Town Inhabitants
Prisoners of the Raiders

-----

@RJ and Alpacalypse: If you're satisfied with your choice then please write down a character sheet with the following format. You have a d12, d10, d8, two d6s, and a d4 to assign to the six Forms (the word the rules use in place of attributes. =P)

For a particular strength, you need to give it a name, describe what it does, describe the restrictions on it (ie: spells might require expensive components or a sacrifice or a time consuming ritual), describe what Form must be used with (ie Covertly, With Love, etc), give it a Signficance (it will be level 1, so only one significance), and finally report its die (it will be a d8 unless you gave it Potent signficance, in which case it will be a d10).

Name (Something suitable to the ancient times. The book comes with a list of ancient Babylonian names which the NPCs will be heavily taking from.)
-------
Covertly
Directly
With Love
With Violence
For Myself
For Others
-------
Particular Strength:
-------
Best Interests:

Last edited:
Reputation score

I'll be the Second-in-Command of the raiders. (Or, if there are multiple Raider Lieutenants, one of those.)

Name: Halrikk Tash
-------
Covertly: d6
Directly: d12
With Love: d6
With Violence: d10
For Myself: d4
For Others: d8
-------
Particular Strength: Halrikk's Bow. An excellent archer in his own right, Halrikk found this longbow on one of the raider's many forays. Possesses a minor enchantment increasing the bow's accuracy. Requires: A supply of arrows and the capability to hold and fire the bow. Form: With Violence. Significance: Broad (Directly). Die type: d8.
-------
Best Interests:

We determine Best Interests once all characters are created, yes? So, did I do it correctly?

ETA: Is that alright?

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Note that there isn't any reason why some roles couldn't be combined. The Lieutenant of the Raiders could also be the Unwitting Husband for example.

Edit: Yes Alpacalypse, that is more or less correct. And we will only start the Best Interest Round Robin once all PCs and NPCs have been named and assigned forms and strengths. Please add to the end of the Form section of your strength the following addendum: "For NPCs it's good for Action."

On second thought, since it's requiring Halrikk's Bow, I'm going to suggest you call your character's particular strength "Halrikk's Bow" and the restrictions are that you must have arrows and the capability to hold and fire with it. This renaming is more suggestive of the bow's excellent quality and Halrikk's familiarity with it - and also better because not all archery in the world should require possession of Halrikk's bow.

Last edited:

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Nadia Vashir, Raider Chieftan
(Felt like going ahead and adding a pic)

Covertly: d10
With Violence: d8
For Myself: d6
For Others: d4
-------
Particular Strength: Analytical: Nadia obtained her position by knowing how to play the angles and people. Whether finding the best spot to assail a village from or how to easily kill someone charging her with a pitchfork Nadia can pinpoint it. Form: Directly, Covertly. Significance: Broad. Die type: d8.
-------
Best Interests:

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Arwia Humusi, Green Horn Mage of the Silver Tower.

Name: Arwia Humusi
-------
Directly: d8
With Love: d12
With Violence: d6
For Others: d10
-------
Particular Strength: Mending Magic. The process of expending one's own existence, to restore another's. Usually shows on the user as fatigue, hunger, pale skin, and lethargy. Dire cases result in sickness and disease. Requires: A healthy state of mind and body. Form: For Others. Significance: Potent. Die type: d10.
-------
Best Interests:

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just a few things, first, try to keep to the plot points. Don't bend them to what you want them to be. A husband means a man, so even though the serpent demoness could have a female lover on the side, it would be a different character from the husband. These chapters will run together like a collection of short stories, with a few reoccuring characters coming in and out of them. You don't need to get too attached to any one concept.

Second, don't think that you have to "know" your characters at this point. It's really much better if you don't concoct any motivations for them right now, because even their motivations may be much different from their best interests. ((Taking my desert cult priestess example from earlier, even though it's in her best interest to marry the tyrant's son, she may actually fancy another cultist, or despise the tyrant's son, and act in such a manner.))

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Rakdos Temperi, Greenhorn Mage of the Order

Name: Rakdos Temperi
-------
Covertly: d4
With Violence: d12
For Myself: d10
For Others: d6
-------
Particular Strength: Fire-blood magic. The dangerous technique of turning one's blood into potent flame which can be used as tool or weapon. It drains the user's strenght every time it's used. Requirements: Rakdos must be bleeding. Form: Directly. Significance: Potent. Die type: d10.
-------
Best Interests:

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Zakiri, slave-girl of the Mage Order

Name: Zakiri
-------
Covertly: d12
Directly: d6
With Love: d8
With Violence: d4
-------
Particular Strength: Unassuming. Zakiri looks and acts every bit a slave, so much so that others completely dismiss her as harmless. Form: Covertly. Significance: Consequential (targets Directly). Die Type: d8.
-------
Best Interests:

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Can I have some information on the enchantress?

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

You'll make that stuff up yourself after we're all done Tent, just list your name and stats for now

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Name Akashka, Child of Lilith
Picture:
]
-------
Covertly d10
Directly d8
With Love d12
With Violence d4
For Myself d6
For Others d6
-------
Particular Strength: Charm Magic: Akashka is adept in the use of magic to allure and mislead men (and on occasion women), she is a talented alchemist who can conjure up aphrodisiacs, potions, and cast charms to get people to do as she wishes. d10 (Uses directly)
-------
Best Interests:

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, now that prelimnary ideas are in, I'd like to ask a few things - two PCs are playing the same concept (ie, greenhorn mages), are you sure that there isn't another concept that appeals to one of you? It's okay if not.

Alpacaplypse, would you mind if your lieutenant is also the unwitting husband? I'd like for there to be a PC representing either the husband or the serpent demoness. Being the husband shouldn't mess up your character concept too much, it would just put him into a unique situation. Again, it's okay if you don't feel like it.

I will start forming a master NPC list, and I will rewrite and post your PC sheets together for ease of perusal. I will also form a master list of particular strengths, so that everyone will be able to see what those do at a glance.

I would like to be able to do all this in an official subforum for this game. Who do I have to offer virgin sacrifices to in order to get that?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

LIST OF PCs

Arwia Humusi, Green Horn Mage of the Silver Tower. (RaptorJesus)
-------
With Love: d12
With Violence: d6
-------
Particular Strength: Mending Magic. The process of expending one's own existence, to restore another's. Usually shows on the user as fatigue, hunger, pale skin, and lethargy. Dire cases result in sickness and disease. It requires a healthy state of mind and body. It can be used For Others. For NPCs it's good for Action. It's significance is 1. It is Potent. It's die is a d10.
-------
Best Interests:

Akashka, Child of Lilith, Enchantress (TentanariX)
-------
Covertly d10
Directly d8
With Love d12
With Violence d4
For Myself d6
For Others d6
-------
Particular Strength: Charm Magic: It is the use of magic to allure and mislead, it can be used to conjure aphrodisiacs, potions, and cast charms to get people to do as she wishes. ((NEEDS A FORM ASSIGNED)) It's significance is 1. It is potent. It's die is a d10.
-------
Best Interests:

Zakiri, slave-girl of the Mage Order (xivvix)
-------
Covertly: d12
Directly: d6
With Love: d8
With Violence: d4
-------
Particular Strength: Unassuming. The ability to appear meek and insignifcant, so much so that others completely dismiss one as harmless. It may be used Covertly. For NPCs it is good for Manuevering. It's Significance is 1. It is Consequential (targets Directly). It's die is a d8.
-------
Best Interests:

Rakdos Temperi, Greenhorn Mage of the Order (cross_grave)
-------
Covertly: d4
With Violence: d12
For Myself: d10
For Others: d6
-------
Particular Strength: Fire-blood magic. The dangerous technique of turning one's blood into potent flame which can be used as tool or weapon. It drains the user's strenght every time it's used. It requires that the user must be bleeding. It may be used Directly. For NPCs it's good for Action. It's Significance is 1. It is Potent. It's die is a d10.
-------
Best Interests:

Nadia Vashir, Raider Chieftan (Archer)
-------
Covertly: d10
With Violence: d8
For Others: d4
-------
Particular Strength: Analytical: The skill of knowing how to play the angles and people. It allows the user to find the weakness in the opposition given enough time to see it. It requires that the user be conscious and in an unhindered mental condition. It may be used Directly or Covertly. For NPCs it's good for Manuevering. It's Significance is 1. It's Broad. It's die is a d8.
-------
Best Interests:

Name: Halrikk Tash, Raider Lieutenant (The Alpacalypse)
-------
With Violence: d10
For Others: d8
-------
Particular Strength: Halrikk's Bow. An excellent archer in his own right, Halrikk found this longbow on one of the raider's many forays. Possesses a minor enchantment increasing the bow's accuracy. Requires: A supply of arrows and the capability to hold and fire the bow. It may be used With Violence. For NPCs it's good for Action. It's Significance is 1. It is Broad, it may also be used Directly. It's die is a d8.
-------
Best Interests:

Last edited:
Reputation score

Yeah, that's fine. Halrikk is both the Raider Lieutenant and the Unwitting Husband.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, now that prelimnary ideas are in, I'd like to ask a few things - two PCs are playing the same concept (ie, greenhorn mages), are you sure that there isn't another concept that appeals to one of you? It's okay if not.
I do realize I'm kinda playing copycat here, but I've decided that this option looks most promising. And seeing that RJ went with a healer, I tried to make a character who is more or less the opposite of his character.