Would you donate? *Important*

Starke

Banned
Reputation score
A Website with Collection from RPG Maker Games, which contains:

- Walktroughs for RPG Maker / Wolf games
- Translation Projects
- Screenshots
- Some tools (such as translators, the links for RTP's, editors, cheat engine tutorials, etc. etc.)
- Reviews
- Filemaps etc...

(This was a total ninja on Moonchaos post, ask me if I'm sorry xD)

Last edited:

Bandit224

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Would you donate? *Important*

Interesting idea, I would donate, but there are a few concerns I have to point out that server host managers are experiencing that other people are not. Read up on recent raids by the MAFIAA trolls.

Suggestion: If you do start hosting, you will likely need to host the server in a country that is unfriendly with the US and Japan; otherwise, copyright trolls will annoy the hell out of you.

Last edited:

darkyodaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

there is a decent chance i would contribute

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Me and a few other known members of ULMF are thinking about start a project, a small website dedicated only to RPG Maker Hentai games (Idea from finale00).

That website would NOT have forums, all the discussion would still be done here, but what that website WOULD have, is a team that finds HRMG, (and wolf) posts them as soon as they come out, upload them, creates file maps for them, takes screenshots, walkthroughs, reviews, everything and then some, and all the content would be available for "free".

Why would we need money? Because if we had our own servers, we wouldn't risk that at some point, the server where we had all our games hosted, thousands of hours of uploads (wink, mediafire, wink) snaped and ruined all our work. Also if we had surplus donations, we could actually buy some games as soon as they came out, think of it as everyone chipping in for one game, and then sharing it with everyone.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Would you? Bye :cool:
This actually makes me feel bad for rpg makers.. And they probably will hunt your site :S.

Still.. I am on the fence of supporting this..

Hentar

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yes.

I'd be willing to chip in and possibly become a member of said site. I was a HUGE contributor of hentai games upon the web back when Megaupload was still around. When it disappeared, all my content disappeared with it. Since then, I've kinda lost my motivation to post stuff. ESPECIALLY with the high chance of it getting discarded upon cloud storage sites.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I guess I'm confused. You'd be pirating games from developers and asking people to give you money in return?

Edit:
And yes, I did read through everything you said. I understand servers, websites, etc., all cost money. So does the time and effort you put into this. That's why, if there's a game we enjoy, we should purchase it - because of the time, the effort, and the attention the developer has put into it. This 'chipping in', or whatever you wish to call it, seems to be doing exactly what we do here, but paying you instead of the developers.

Last edited:

GashbellBig

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's an interesting idea. I might donate you. But, how do you solve all the copyright problems and downloading issues? (like hosting a server to share million of games aren't easy plus it's opened for public...)Making a server only for releasing hrpg maker games for everyone is interesting. Well, if you can actually make it up and I am willing to donate you.

Anyway, I think keeping this forum alive is important too. Althrough many of us are leeching around here.

Raxon66

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I guess I'm confused. You'd be pirating games from developers and asking people to give you money in return?

Edit:
And yes, I did read through everything you said. I understand servers, websites, etc., all cost money. So does the time and effort you put into this. That's why, if there's a game we enjoy, we should purchase it - because of the time, the effort, and the attention the developer has put into it. This 'chipping in', or whatever you wish to call it, seems to be doing exactly what we do here, but paying you instead of the developers.
Agreed. Not only would creating such a site cause a clusterfuck of copyright issues and eventual lawsuits (they seem to be happening more and more often these days), but I, for one, would like to see a website dedicated to H-RPG's where developers are respected.

So, here's a thought: what about creating a website dedicated to H-RPG's that is <i>not</i> made to rip off developers, but rather stands as a quality site to inform about different games with reviews, screenshots, walkthroughs, everything you mentioned <i>except</i> the ripping off developers part (posting of games)? Maybe a searchable function if someone is looking for games that includes a certain fetish and stuff like that.

I have bought RPG Maker games from DL Site rather blindly sometimes, and considering that many of them have a price tag of $20-$25 each, I would love to have a good, reliable site where people would post reviews, walkthroghs, screenshots, complete list of fetishes included, complete list of different CG's and/or animations, and so on. If such a site was created, then <i>that's</i> something I would consider donating to, probably even on a regular basis.

Last edited:
OP
Starke

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Interesting idea, I would donate, but there are a few concerns I have to point out that server host managers are experiencing that other people are not. Read up on recent raids by the MAFIAA trolls.

Suggestion: If you do start hosting, you will likely need to host the server in a country that is unfriendly with the US and Japan; otherwise, copyright trolls will annoy the hell out of you.
Yeah, that's a must.

Agreed. Not only would creating such a site cause a clusterfuck of copyright issues and eventual lawsuits (they seem to be happening more and more often these days), but I, for one, would like to see a website dedicated to H-RPG's where developers are respected.

So, here's a thought: what about creating a website dedicated to H-RPG's that is <i>not</i> made to rip off developers, but rather stands as a quality site to inform about different games with reviews, screenshots, walkthroughs, everything you mentioned <i>except</i> the ripping off developers part (posting of games)? Maybe a searchable function if someone is looking for games that includes a certain fetish and stuff like that.

I have bought RPG Maker games from DL Site rather blindly sometimes, and considering that many of them have a price tag of $20-$25 each, I would love to have a good, reliable site where people would post reviews, walkthroghs, screenshots, complete list of fetishes included, complete list of different CG's and/or animations, and so on. If such a site was created, then <i>that's</i> something I would consider donating to, probably even on a regular basis.
Also sounds like a great idea, now it's just talk to finale, and see how we want to get our hands to work.

Celerityx

Demon Girl
Reputation score

probably better to form a closed and vetted community
as for hosting files, id recommend against it. in a closed community files rarely get taken down anyway, esp with hosts like google drive.

and as for a private website, you can get plenty of those for free; and im guessing we have a lot of IT guys here, so no problemo.
:)

hmm wait should we be discussing this out in the open?

Last edited:

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hmm...I'm honestly not sure what to think about the idea...On one hand there are advantages to it but on the other hand there is a lot that can go wrong with it(this is just objectively speaking...But if you look like this then the internet is just like the ocean,and your ship(that is the website hosting the games),can suddenly get on a collision course with a huge chunk of ice(the copyright enforcement agency),and then you're screwed and have to abandon ship permanently...this is where the Titanic analogy works really well,lol...)...
Well this is just what i think,and as i said i don't really know what exactly to think concerning the subject...

Last edited:

RoadBuster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I would donate, yes. Even if the games were not hosted on there. The resources are what I'm really after.

Khazuma

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm in agreement with Raxon. For the sake of avoiding headaches alone I'd avoid hosting the actual games on the server. The rest of it I fully support though.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Host your server in Ethiopia. That one's for free.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The only real problem I can see, is that while people might be all for donating at first, what'll eventually happen is that the donations will run dry, maybe not right away, but after a year or two. I mean I'd donate alright no problem, but I just feel as a long term plan, it might not survive

Fara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does sound a little akin to the other sites with *ahem* "Premium" downloads to me. There have been a few people who have done these sites before for free then they always go "Premium" after a while.

Whether its done by game fans or moneymakers, this idea comes and goes a lot, and I cant say I've ever trusted it, plus its essentially paying for piracy which is a bit of a no no for me. It may start genuine, but always seems to fall short in the end.

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't do it. You'll get the hate of each and every developer.

I make my games for free and I'd be pissed if someone uploaded my game to another server and "demands" donations for that service. If I wanted to make money with my games, this would be even worse.
Paying for piracy is not bad, it's "spit to the face"-level bad.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I make my games for free and I'd be pissed if someone uploaded my game to another server and "demands" donations for that service. If I wanted to make money with my games, this would be even worse.
Mmmmm.. As long as the games are not hosted/uploaded to the server but instead only walkthroughs, some scrnshots and reviews, then I will support this.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

few people have summed up my feelings on it...

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This.

And this, as well. A site that does a better job of simply explaining what is in the games listed on sites like DLSite or others would be a far more appreciated thing than just another site hosting illegal downloads (not to mention the fact that it *would* eventually get shut down, and you and anyone involved likely sued).

An H-RPG Maker Wikia or something that provides that better details and walkthroughs for the games in question, as well as links to them on their respective owners sites (be it DLSite, their blogs, etc...) would be the way to go, because then you would indeed be helping the community as a whole, but not skirting any legal or moral lines in doing so.