Your Class

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: Your Class

nah i went and got the administrator template, its almost like getting divine ranks, i get sight and sound for one hour whenever someone mentions my name.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Cool, but I bet we just confused half the people who don't really play the game that much if at all.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, but how many ranks of Ignore Bodily Needs While Viewing ULMF do you have? :p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

This is just quick and messy, but it should give you an idea.

barbarian - fighter variant who becomes powerful through use of his rage
bard - entertainer or jack of all trades who is best at support
cleric - healer and usually the moral compass of a group
druid - master of the natural world, shapeshifter, divine caster, and the most broken base class
fighter - duh
monk - martial artist searching to perfect his soul
paladin - holy warrior out to destroy evil one kobold at a time
ranger - natural warrior usually a loner who enjoys nature more than companionship
rogue - used to be called thieves and pretty much still are
wizard - booklearner who bends magic to his will through his knowledge
sorceror - natural magic user who bends magic to his will by the force of his personality

I still say I'm a bard/ranger. Bards don't have to play music, for me it would probably be perform(oratory) because I actually liked giving briefings and public speaking. Scout may fit better than ranger, but I dislike all the new base classes because I think they are all broken.
I thought there was quite a bit more, plus the discrepancy between class and alignment? How specific is this question nunu?

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

its a boredom question, so as specific as you want it to be.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

If we really want to get technical, most of us would be commoners, experts, or aristocrats. Unless they've actually recieved large amounts of training in certain jobs. I was expecting a lot more rogues, too.

Agreed, on the rangers not necessarily being natural warriors. I was going with the stereotyped ranger though.
Some college trained jobs might get actual classes instead of high level npc's. Some engineers (Robotics engineers in particular) might end up with one of the classes that focuses on building things to help themselves.

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

if you want to get really technical magic doesn't exist...

Lurker
Reputation score

These two are HUGE, so I'm just going to post links:
(And if I had known that TF2 one was so big, I woulda linked it as well)

Every time I tried to post them as images, it posted the 'zoomed' version >.<
I found and read the comic where CE Batman appears, and it makes sense in context.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I found and read the comic where CE Goddamn Batman appears, and it makes sense in context.
No, no it doesn't. Nothing about that comic makes sense. Nothing, I tell you. Nothing.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'd either be an expert or a wizard(diviner, most likely). My alignment would be either true neutral or chaotic neutral.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I thought there was quite a bit more, plus the discrepancy between class and alignment? How specific is this question nunu?
Nope those are the base classes, for D&D 3 and 3.5. minus the classes from complete adventurer, mage, etc. Which I didn't include because they are really just variants of the aforementioned. You may also be thinking of prestige classes which is just an ugly door we probably don't want to open. For alignment barbarians and bards can't be lawful, monks have to be lawful, druids have to be neutral on at least one axis, clerics can be no more than one step from their god's alignment, paladins are lawful good.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Speaking without any knowledge on the whole dnd thing whatsoever(Besides the alignment thingys)

I'll probably be a neutral something(Chaotic?) cleric/bardthingy.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Here ya go for those of you who don't just want to guess or don't know what we're all on about. It's actually a pretty interesting quiz, it even gives you a level. It's pretty long though.

My results, the honest one where I didn't try to influence the outcome.

I Am A Neutral Good Human Ranger (5th Level)
Ability Scores
Strength-14
Dexterity-11
Constitution-18
Intelligence-15
Wisdom-10
Charisma-13
Alignment:Neutral Good, A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment because it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.
Race:Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.
Class:Rangers are skilled stalkers and hunters who make their home in the woods. Their martial skill is nearly the equal of the fighter, but they lack the latter's dedication to the craft of fighting. Instead, the ranger focuses his skills and training on a specific enemy a type of creature he bears a vengeful grudge against and hunts above all others. Rangers often accept the role of protector, aiding those who live in or travel through the woods. His skills allow him to move quietly and stick to the shadows, especially in natural settings, and he also has special knowledge of certain types of creatures. Finally, an experienced ranger has such a tie to nature that he can actually draw on natural power to cast divine spells, much as a druid does, and like a druid he is often accompanied by animal companions. A ranger's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that he can cast.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You Are A: Neutral Good Human Druid (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 15
Dexterity- 17
Constitution- 17
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 17
Charisma- 16
Class:
Druids- Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.

They must have flipped a coin a lot. I got really close scores in lawful good, neutral good, lawful neutral, and true neutral; tying up perfectly in law and neutral

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I was only about one point from lawful good, which druids can't be because they have to be neutral on one axis. No other alignments were even close.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

You Are A: Lawful Neutral Elf Wizard (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 16
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 11

Alignment:
Lawful Neutral- A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

Race:
Elves are known for their poetry, song, and magical arts, but when danger threatens they show great skill with weapons and strategy. Elves can live to be over 700 years old and, by human standards, are slow to make friends and enemies, and even slower to forget them. Elves are slim and stand 4.5 to 5.5 feet tall. They have no facial or body hair, prefer comfortable clothes, and possess unearthly grace. Many others races find them hauntingly beautiful.

Class:
Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.
*snrk* I scored negative on just about all of the classes... only Cleric (0), Fighter (0), Sorceror (6), and Wizard (8) weren't negative. Paladin came in at -19, tied with Bard (... but I played the pianoforte when I was younger... and scored an RCM Silver Medal one year), and only exceeded by Barbarian (-27). I scored 1 point more Neutral than I did Good, and 2 points more Lawful than Neutral.

I don't think they coinflip anything. The alignment is determined by two axes, remember? So if you score 1 point higher in Good than Neutral on that axis, your Lawful Good score will be 1 point higher than your Lawful Neutral score, and your Chaotic Good score will be 1 point higher than your Chaotic Neutral score.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Agreed on the coin flippage, plus other things including what race and class you are may be involved as well. Bard, fighter, and druid were the only ones not in the negative for me. Fighter and druid being zeros, bard doesn't so much have to do with being an entertainer as it does being a jack of all trades or a leader.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Lawful good and neutral good were tied perfectly for me, I guess it just had to be neutral good cuz it deemed me a druid
Neutral good and true neutral were also tied, but like 2 points lower.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yep, that would be it.

Well we've got a good party going here, now all we need is a rogue or preferably a bard to round us out.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I Am A: True Neutral Human Druid/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength-9
Dexterity-14
Constitution-12
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-13
Charisma-15
Alignment:True Neutral A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.<br>
Race:Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.
Primary Class: Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.
Secondary Class: Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXX (8)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXX (5)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Evil ---- XXXXXXX (7)

For race, I almost ended up a halfling haha, only got human by 1 point. For classes, I got everything negative and tied with 2 points in sorc, wiz, and druid, except for rogue and ranger which were zero.

Last edited: