What's new

Sefer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Still it's so fun how it never fails to bait your white knights... you know, sayin' anything that isn't praise of you and your game. :rolleyes:
I find it rather strange to call several adequate answers to one inadequate question (yes, i'm talking about '9 days is too little', while noone here except for Yummy can evaluate actual gameplay length) a "white knight appearance".
There was no constructive criticism in initial post, and there was no hatred in answers.

I fail to see your logic, unless it's another "bait".

Oh, and yes, there should be praises here. It is a place to talk to dev and support him - in any way we all can. This includes constructive criticsm too, but surely should not be limited to it.

fakinhap3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

[...] I'll merely do my best to distract you with naked elves and women so you don't notice all the game's faults :p
Best kind of distraction.

There are tons of games out there in development, so while I do wish for YT to release faster, as I found his(?) game awesome, there are many others to play and wait, so why complain, people...?

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Best kind of distraction.

There are tons of games out there in development, so while I do wish for YT to release faster, as I found his(?) game awesome, there are many others to play and wait, so why complain, people...?
Well, cuz waiting is not something your average gamer is used to.
Gamers are a really impatient animal.
And i imagine after waiting for 2 years it's akin to a withdrawal by now.

Perhaps he shouldn't have gone public with it in the first place, till enough of the game was there. :rolleyes:

fakinhap3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How come? All a gamer do is wait and wait and wait untill a game is announced, and then wait until it's released. The hype market surrounding games is real and cruel, haha.

Okay that, with Patreon system, things are completely different, as you're paying money each month for the game to be released, supposedly, faster. In that aspect I 120% agree with people criticising Akabur, per example. However, afaik, YT uses an alternative kind of pledges on Patreon, so idk how it would work, and I'm not going to look up.

About he coming public or not, it depends, I can see your reasoning very well, however, on the "bad side" (not really bad, just annoying for some) of him making money with his game, he's doing it right, and on the good side of getting feedback, steam, new ideas on the long run, and etc, he's also doing it right.
I mean, imagine that you're doing your game. Wouldn't you want to share it with the public? Observe the reactions, where you can do better, and feel proud of yourself maybe? I would. But if you can do faster an entire game alone w/o public opinion before launching, that's okay. It would be useless to work with Patreon tho, I guess.

Triwolf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah...no. Sure waiting is annoying but I'm okay with a bit of a wait. Heck I've been waiting for Final Fantasy 15 since way back when it was first revealed as Final Fantasy Versus XII and that's been 10 or so years. NOW that is something to be embarrassed about(even more if the game ends up being rubbish)

Last edited:

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah...no. Sure waiting is annoying but I'm okay with a bit of a wait. Heck I've been waiting for Final Fantasy 15 since way back when it was first revealed as Final Fantasy Versus XII and that's been 10 or so years. NOW that is something to be embarrassed about(even more is the game ends up being rubbish)
And that's a game made by hundreds of people working as a team. Seriously, Yummy is fine, and if you consider what was already done in the prologue, more than fine for the wait.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Right, Mr. White Knight? :D
Sorry, you seem to have missed the general idea of why "White Knighting" is generally looked down upon as a term. When used for someone who rushes to defend any criticism of a persona without cause, and typically without proper supporting evidence, they are a 'white knight'. Not that you would know any of this, but YT has heard plenty of criticism from me regarding his timelines and projected finishing touches. I just prefer not to post them in a passive-aggressive manner, or on this forum for everyone to read. You're probably not a patron, but that would be the place (As in, those who have pledged money towards the project) to criticize the amount of time it's taking. What you're doing is being snarky, not constructive, so I don't have to White Knight anything, I'm just saying that you're offering nothing and should therefore not be taken seriously.

Unless you can convince me that you are offering constructive criticism, or at least something to show you have an interest rather than derision for the project, then perhaps I will change my stance.

Perhaps he shouldn't have gone public with it in the first place, till enough of the game was there. :rolleyes:
Uh, Elder Scrolls? (Last one was 2011)
Star Citizen?
Half Life? (Still waiting on HL3)
Starcraft 2? (Came out like 10+ years after BW?)

I suppose you must be an Assassin's Creed/CoD type gamer, because those are the only games I can think of that get churned out on such a regular basis and short time line. Gamers are exceedingly patient.

Also, he did launch with a product. He had the prologue, which worked as a teaser.

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Star Citizen?

I suppose you must be an Assassin's Creed/CoD type gamer, because those are the only games I can think of that get churned out on such a regular basis and short time line. Gamers are exceedingly patient.

Also, he did launch with a product. He had the prologue, which worked as a teaser.
Just cuz you have no choice doesn't make you patient.
And that's how miles long threads with complaints and whatever appear.

karmaldia

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Mature PC Gamers are exceedingly patient.

Had to fix that first line for you mate.

All things considered I am looking forward to playing the first Chapter sometime this month, although no pressure on Yummy. When it comes to patience I have an unlimited amount.

Waiting for a game is nothing when you bust your ass for a company for 10+ years in hopes for a more permanent status and increase in income.

But back on topic ladies! Soon we shall have our corruption of sexy Aylia, till then I shall pour myself into my work and making full use of my free time for these silly, albeit addicting games.

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry, you seem to have missed the general idea of why "White Knighting" is generally looked down upon as a term. When used for someone who rushes to defend any criticism of a persona without cause, and typically without proper supporting evidence, they are a 'white knight'. Not that you would know any of this, but YT has heard plenty of criticism from me regarding his timelines and projected finishing touches. I just prefer not to post them in a passive-aggressive manner, or on this forum for everyone to read. You're probably not a patron, but that would be the place (As in, those who have pledged money towards the project) to criticize the amount of time it's taking. What you're doing is being snarky, not constructive, so I don't have to White Knight anything, I'm just saying that you're offering nothing and should therefore not be taken seriously.

Unless you can convince me that you are offering constructive criticism, or at least something to show you have an interest rather than derision for the project, then perhaps I will change my stance.

Star Citizen?

People with tastes don't play or wait for bethesda games.

dumai12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

All things considered I am looking forward to playing the first Chapter sometime this month, although no pressure on Yummy. When it comes to patience I have an unlimited amount.
Comrade, Yummy took 4 days to polish the already polished and complete prologue. Assuming each day in game is even longer than the prologue, we still have a bit to go, so looking forward to an October release is optimistic to the extreme. My optimistic self is looking at 1 week per day, which is a little over two months. So consider Christmas, which will be in that two month period: add another ~2 weeks, for 11 weeks at least. I, being positive, am predicting a January release. My negative self expects the turtle to actually move backwards, with a release one year after his initial announcement of April (or was it May?). I'm getting less patient as I age. The closer you are to death the less patience you have :p.

One thing I don't understand is how Yummy expects to make his patreon work when he is going full time. Super short chapters? Break chapters into episodes? If he can build trust after releasing chapter 1 he really should go to a monthly model imo.

Last edited:

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

People with tastes don't play or wait for bethesda games.
whyyyy son?

i like elder scroll, it has unlimited mods, unlimited outfit, unlimited game modes.. and soon..
u should play it..

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

whyyyy son?

i like elder scroll, it has unlimited mods, unlimited outfit, unlimited game modes.. and soon..
u should play it..
Elder scrolls were good, till they decided to make a shitty mmo outa the series. :eek:

Shyao

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

YT, how much content can we expect per in-game day in Chapter 1? And will each in-game day be working on a timer or will it just turn to night when you do specific events?

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Elder scrolls were good, till they decided to make a shitty mmo outa the series. :eek:
Wait, you talking about skyrim here? Cause that was still pretty good. Correct if I'm wrong though, don't really play that series, more FF kinda person ;)

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Wait, you talking about skyrim here? Cause that was still pretty good. Correct if I'm wrong though, don't really play that series, more FF kinda person ;)
after skyrim (2011) bethesda made a elder scrolls mmo called elder scrolls online (2014).
at the moment theyre working on elder scrolls 6, afaik.

and i think skyrim as a game itself wasnt that great, but the mods ...
the mods, mate :D

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think you have to give Bethesda create for embracing the modding community and creating the foundation to build upon. Personally, I've always enjoyed Bethesda games. Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, etc. I've had good times with all of them. I don't wait eagerly for their releases though, because I don't even bother to play them until a year or two after release. Give it time for all the DLCs and mods to come together, then it is quite a good experience.

Also, Bethesda did not create the MMO, it was another company. I do believe Bethesda published it (could be wrong here), but they did not create it. I have not played it, as after Everquest, I vowed never to play another MMO. The time commitment was too great.

@Shyao: You're better off just waiting and seeing. I will say that there is more to a day than running a single errand. Typically, major quest lines or rival quest lines advance to the night system. There are a number of side quests and minor events though to find as well. The day/night system is not timer based, so you could run around for hours if you'd like without night ever coming.

The 9 days is a bit misleading, because of all the choices. It could take more days for some playthroughs and fewer (although not much fewer). I can tell you, I believe you should get 8-10 hours out of the release to find everything. If you read super fast, probably less, but I'd expect at least 5 hours at a minimum. For someone like me who checks EVERYTHING and searches everywhere, it'd easily take 10+ hours.

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is something huge you are creating Yummy.
10 hours...There must be a lot of content.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

That's not Bethesda, it's Zenimax Studio, another studio from the group Zenimax Media, but they don't work together.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I can tell you, I believe you should get 8-10 hours out of the release to find everything. If you read super fast, probably less, but I'd expect at least 5 hours at a minimum.
Good stuff, that's longer than many full games on DLsite which end up being sold at a ~15$ price point.