What's new

Llama

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

I'm not really sure how people are having such problems understanding the funding model for this, but w/e. It's pay per update, not pay per month. There has been all of one paid update, for Hunter's Quest. The next paid update will be for chapter 2.

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm not really sure how people are having such problems understanding the funding model for this, but w/e. It's pay per update, not pay per month. There has been all of one paid update, for Hunter's Quest. The next paid update will be for chapter 2.
you are missing my point..
sigh..

im stating this because i got an angry inbox from a random passerby, saying its just a hobby to YT. i completely disagree..

so my point is, he got a lot of money from his work, (dev and trans)
so he should not treat his work as a hobby anymore..

Llama

Demon Girl
Reputation score

you are missing my point..
so my point is, he got a lot of money from his work, (dev and trans)
so he should not treat his work as a hobby anymore..
Your point is meaningless. He delivered the one and only thing he's been paid for, the Hunter Quest translation. He will not get any more money from his patrons until he completes and delivers chapter 2.

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Your point is meaningless. He delivered the one and only thing he's been paid for, the Hunter Quest translation. He will not get any more money from his patrons until he completes and delivers chapter 2.
more than 10k $ only for 1 translation?

i bet more than half of his patreon (including me) pledge because he is creating an awesome game, not for the game translation..

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i bet more than half of his patreon (including me) pledge because he is creating an awesome game, not for the game translation..
It was only around $3000 at the time, he also gave a heads up of at least half a month advance notice, which let those who didn't want it to un-pledge

slepth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

96 pages of post on the thread, 96 pages of post.
Post one more and pass it around, 97 pages of post on the thread.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

98 pages on the wall...
or
Put one more up, just for the page of it.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I did not receive more than 10k for the pledge in April. I received approximately $6,500 (which is still a good amount). That pledge was tied to the translation, although I did state that I would release both the translation and chapter 1 "soon."

If you ever shopped around for a translator, you'd find that it would easily cost you in the thousands to get the script, and script alone translated. That would not include actually putting it into RPG Maker. In addition, I did more than simply translate Hunter's Quest.

Additionally, like all my pledges, I let everyone know well in advance when it would occur. I made sure everyone knew they could simply decline to pay for the April pledge if they did not want to donate towards Hunter's Quest. Most still did, saying they wanted to contribute for everything I've done up until now. I'm incredibly appreciative for that.

I'll end by saying, if I could actually calculate out the hourly rate for the work I've done on this. I think you'd be surprised by how low it is. $6,500 may sound like a lot, but it is not much when I've been working on this for over two years (even with my leisurely pace). I have thousands of hours into Aylia's Story.

I do understand your sentiment, and will do all I can to figure out how to improve my development speed. I will never be a monthly release type of person though. Even if I'm full time, I aim for big games, and I want to have decent sized releases. Chapter 1 is more than 10 hours of game play and around 40 CGs to find. That's a pretty big endeavor.

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

nobody is forcing anyone to be a patron. of course we hope that YT is doing what he can and don´t fool his supporters (as it happens with patreons). but as long he works and the patrons are happy, we should think that the money is well spent and gives YT the chance to go full time. is his salary. the importance here is that YT finds a middle way, to please his patrons but also do what he likes. we dont want rushed games, or games that he force himself to do, that would mean not so good games. so, 10k $ is like a 2 months salary (normal job), if he work 40 hours/week. is not that much if you think about it.

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

nobody is forcing anyone to be a patron. of course we hope that YT is doing what he can and don´t fool his supporters (as it happens with patreons). but as long he works and the patrons are happy, we should think that the money is well spent and gives YT the chance to go full time. is his salary. the importance here is that YT finds a middle way, to please his patrons but also do what he likes. we dont want rushed games, or games that he force himself to do, that would mean not so good games. so, 10k $ is like a 2 months salary (normal job), if he work 40 hours/week. is not that much if you think about it.
so, you and me live in different world then,
in my place, 10.000 US dollar is the same as IDR 100.000.000

with 10k $, u can buy 2 new car..
2 months salary? wow, just wow..!!

Last edited:

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Welcome to different costs of living.

Where I live, $6,500 is about two months' rent.

On the other hand, the average salary in my field is about $155,000 a year, so...

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

Jesus!

$6,500 equals 5,833.750 €

It's 4 months of salary in France! (If you're a honest worker and not a politician).

But you deserve it, no H-games interest me like yours since Nocturnal Illusion.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Jesus!

$6,500 equals 5,833.750 €

It's 4 months of salary in France! (If you're a honest worker and not a politician).

But you deserve it, no H-games interest me like yours since Nocturnal Illusion.
And maybe 1 month and a half in Switzerland. And there is no minimum wages there.
(and actually the average wage in France is around 2200€ the last time I looked ;) ).
There is no point comparing, it depends on the country, its capital, and how much people produce for a given duration : for a simple obvious example, you are more efficient when using a tractor than an ox to do farming, but you need savings to buy the tractor. Economy 101.

Back to the game, as long as people are giving money willingly, there is not much to say for now. Of course if it's cursed with the never-released disease, then I would be saddened by another failure, but well, I hope it isn't.

Last edited:

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

come on guys.. YT once said he will try to release Ch.1 before this thread reach 100 pages..
help the man out a little, will you? :D :D :D

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yea day 4 and mister black help great news (aparatly mr is a organisator) hope the turle will become a bunny girl by this way:D

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, he's helping me get my Patreon in order. It is a problem that I have stretch goals and tier rewards and have not been able to keep up with them. I was exceedingly naive when I set this all up, and I needed a bit of guidance on how to get things to be fair to everyone involved.

I've stay out of the political discussion. I have some strong views on it all, but I also don't know that I want to delve into that rabbit hole. My only comment would be, I hope people demand evidence and evaluations when policy decisions are made. Too often, we ignore the research and do what we "think" works.

Finally, I'm fucked on the 100 page bet. Sooo... Chapter 1 or 200 pages? :p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Discussion of this patreon's funding is acceptable because it's about this game.
Discussion about patreon funding in general is unacceptable because it's not about this game.
Discussion about economy/politics is unacceptable because, really, are you fucking serious, do I really need to explain why that's offtopic in the hentai games section?

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yummy will reward us if we reach the 100 page (of course) by give us a teasing image (naked of course) never see beford or you will not ?:confused: please anser me yummy senpai