What's new

Mordaen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Interesting....

Bogwart should have some heal spells or be able to split healing shrooms in portions, twould be helpful.

Good game concept so far.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Glad to see there are a number of people looking forward to following the story. I've put a lot of time into trying to create an interesting, unique world to compliment the sexy stuff. I get that not everyone is into that, but I'm hoping those who are enjoy it. Still, for the people just looking for quick nudie scenes, you might be disappointed, as it'll require a bit of playing to see much beyond Ecchi-type scenes (damn those slow corruption games :p ).

Anyways, wanted to give people an update. I don't post often right now, as I don't want to get people overly excited until I actually release more content. Rest assured, this is not at risk of becoming vaporware or anything, I'm just a slow, procrastinating bastard at times :D. That said, things are looking real good for me to have much more time in the near future to focus on indie game development. If that occurs, fuck yea, I'll get to see just how fast I can work when I have more than 5 or so hours a week.

Anyways, figured while I was posting an update, I'd give you guys a little teaser. I'm spoilering it for those who'd rather wait and see it in-game. Patreon peeps already saw this, so it'll be anti-climatic for them...

To respond to the new comments:
@BackArcher: Thanks for the compliment. I'm fairly sure that when all is said and done, it'll be a work of art. Maybe terrible art, but we'll see :D

@AngleBoi: English is your second language? Well, hopefully you don't have any issue following along. I bet you wish Japanese was your first language, eh? Hehe.

@Pyorgara: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad you agree with my design choices. I really have worked hard to try and create a fairly believable world and characters. My ultimate hope is that the primary characters avoid too many tropes and become really memorable. If nothing else, I feel that Aylia's Story is shaping up to be a very dynamic experience where you choice will really matter.

@Mordaen: Never fear, Bogwort's abilities will improve over the course of the game. It will be highly dependent on your choices and how their relationship improves. The nighttime chat gives you an example of one of the ways Aylia's and Bogwort's relationship will grow.

TommyWalker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The image in the spoiler is really nice ! Has the art improved along the way? From what I see it looks way better than the Aylia in your banner. I may be wrong

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Huh, not only did your artistic skill obviously improve, but somehow you just made Triste even more of my favorite of the three :D I would have liked it even if that darker skintone were natural, but then, the tan lines must mean that she must run around in just a bikini top a lot, right? :D Wanna see dat :D

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Glad to see there are a number of people looking forward to following the story. I've put a lot of time into trying to create an interesting, unique world to compliment the sexy stuff. I get that not everyone is into that, but I'm hoping those who are enjoy it. Still, for the people just looking for quick nudie scenes, you might be disappointed, as it'll require a bit of playing to see much beyond Ecchi-type scenes (damn those slow corruption games :p ).

Anyways, wanted to give people an update. I don't post often right now, as I don't want to get people overly excited until I actually release more content. Rest assured, this is not at risk of becoming vaporware or anything, I'm just a slow, procrastinating bastard at times :D. That said, things are looking real good for me to have much more time in the near future to focus on indie game development. If that occurs, fuck yea, I'll get to see just how fast I can work when I have more than 5 or so hours a week.

Anyways, figured while I was posting an update, I'd give you guys a little teaser. I'm spoilering it for those who'd rather wait and see it in-game. Patreon peeps already saw this, so it'll be anti-climatic for them...
Can't wait to play chapter 1 (and the other ones too :D), and it looks like things will start to get together in the near future, which it makes me very happy!
The only thing that "bother" me so far is Triste. Don't get me wrong: I'm quite interested in the character, but the problem it's in her name. Don't know if anyone else told you this already or if you did it on purpose, but in my language (I'm Italian) Triste means "Sad".
Anyway, keep up the good work! ;)

jondom

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That picture is super hot!!!, as someone who usually just asks for a 100% save, let me say I'm thoroughly looking forward to taking my time playing your game through and enjoying the content!, Can I ask though, just how deep (no pun intended) will the H-content be?

I've seen some mention of Ecchi and what-not, but will there be actual H-scenes involving Aylia? Can you elaborate on some of the type of content we might experience in the full game?

Thanks for being so good to us all here and keep up the good work!

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

That picture is super hot!!!, as someone who usually just asks for a 100% save, let me say I'm thoroughly looking forward to taking my time playing your game through and enjoying the content!, Can I ask though, just how deep (no pun intended) will the H-content be?

I've seen some mention of Ecchi and what-not, but will there be actual H-scenes involving Aylia? Can you elaborate on some of the type of content we might experience in the full game?
I'm expecting at least balls deep.

Now I'm not Yummytiger, but I can tell you for certain that there's going to be actual sex in the game, including (from what we've heard) Aylia using her womanly assets to gain leverage if you're taking the corruption route. YummyTiger has just drawn a lot of the ecchi schenes as little one-off bits through the game, so that it keeps the H content flowing throughout the game.

Also, I think the H combat scenes will have actual sex in them as well? Not sure on this one.

Bellboy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, this game is amazing! Normally I'm not really interested in anything containing fantasy, but I'll make an exception for this.

I love the banter and relationship between Aylia and Bogwort, that horny little goblin is saying exactly what we're all thinking ;) .

The combat system isn't bad either. Usually I find these things tedious, but here its ok. That said I'm hoping things will remain fairly simple, in hentai games I want to grind something else then xp... :rolleyes:
One thing though: maybe swamp the position of guard and talking on Bogwort. I like his comments, but after you've heard all the options and are fighting your 4th snake then you really just want to get things over with and just mash your enter button.

2 things that happened during the game that I'd like to comment on:

- the game once crashed during my visit to the mayor. Everything went fine the next time, but just as another user I also experienced a random crash here.

- the outhouse; when I first visit this Bogwort suggest that I stick my head in it. Aylia gives him an angry look and says she's not falling for that again. Bogwort smiles and remembers the good times. Did I miss something here? This moment didn't happen in my game. Did I miss an outhouse somewhere?

Last remark: is it possible to increase the size or go fullscreen without exiting and starting the game again? I've played games like this where you could increase the size by pressing f4 or go fullscreen with f5, which as a pretty nifty function. I did make the graphics look worse, but it was a nice option to have.

All the said, fantastic game and looking forward to the first chapter!

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Last remark: is it possible to increase the size or go fullscreen without exiting and starting the game again? I've played games like this where you could increase the size by pressing f4 or go fullscreen with f5, which as a pretty nifty function. I did make the graphics look worse, but it was a nice option to have.

All the said, fantastic game and looking forward to the first chapter!
Many games can go fullscreen with ALT+Enter(Return). Dunno about Aylia's story though, since I never play RPGmaker games in fullscreen. (Like you said it makes it look worse, even though MV seems to do better than previous RPGmakers on that matter)

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Many games can go fullscreen with ALT+Enter(Return). Dunno about Aylia's story though, since I never play RPGmaker games in fullscreen. (Like you said it makes it look worse, even though MV seems to do better than previous RPGmakers on that matter)
well, i hope yummytiger dont switch to MV cause i cant afforda new pc right now :(

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for all the comments, and glad people like the picture. It is one of my favorites so far.

@TommyWalker: I've spent more time drawing in the past year than at any other point in my life. I definitely feel like I've improved. Unfortunately, that improvement is also one of the reasons for the delays. I've revamped the game's character artwork 4 times now. Each time was a significant improvement, in my opinion, but that took time. Most importantly though, I wanted to ensure that I found a style I liked and stuck with it for consistency's sake.

@BigTotoro: Yes, that does mean she likes bikinis. Now, the question is, does she still carry her sword :p

@MasterQ2: Interesting, I was unaware of the Italian meaning. I just liked the sound of it. Oops :D

@Jondom: The game will go well beyond ecchi. The ecchi content is to keep things interesting between h-scenes. I aim to make most aspects of the game related to h-content in some way. Additionally, this game is shaping up to be quite a lengthy experience. I don't want anyone to play for hours and not see some lovely nudity. So, lots of these little ecchi scenes will provide that. Plus, it fits well with corruption.

You'll see full sex, oral, anal, reluctance, tentacles, handjobs, titjobs, etc. with Aylia. The dark route will probably be the most extreme, but I doubt you'll see anything too crazy in terms of vore/violence. Beyond Aylia, you'll see scenes with each of the rivals (Kira, Triste and Lynne). You might see a few extra pics as well, but that'll be determined as I move through the game.

@Thswherizat: Correct! Listen to Thswherizat. He may not be YummyTiger, but damned if he hasn't been along for the ride since... shit, since forever it seems. Glad he hasn't given up on me yet :eek:

There will be actual sex in combat, but it will be outfit specific. Her peasant dress gets exposed in the bust, therefore, monster attacks focus around her breasts. Others get exposed in the pubic area, her ass, or even a combination (hell yea!).

@Wveth: Progress is about to pick up--finally. I've moving on from the leisurely 5 or so hours a week to a more part-time schedule. Pledged updates will begin soon and then we'll start towards going full time. I'm excited to see how much I can accomplish though with the time I'll have soon. It will be a good indicator as to whether I can achieve my ultimate goal of producing 1-2 games per year.

@Bellboy: Glad you like it. I'm a fantasy nerd myself, so I've always wanted to create an epic fantasy. This is that dream. As for the battles, I'm doing everything in my power to eliminate grinding. I won't go into too many specifics, but rest assured, you should not have to grind in this game. You experience should focus around moving the story forward and getting these lovely ladies naked--as it should be.

As for the Bogwort advice comment. That should be fixed. The system in my version should save your last choice and default to that. I agree that it makes it nicer. I do promise that Bogwort's advice is very unique to each encounter and sometimes he even offer valuable advice.

Not sure on the crashes, but the outhouse comment is a good point. I'll address that if you did not search the toilets in the mining village. Good call. As for full screen, I've been messing with a script that lets you customize your resolution. While it does not truly change resolution, you will be able to rescale the game window. Note, the artwork is still 640x480 (much to my dismay), so going too large makes things blurry.

@torkensteim: No way in Hell am I switching to MV. I've finally got the system stuff working in VX Ace, and I'm sticking with it. Ace does everything I need right now, so switching would just be wasting time. In fact, if I REALLY want to up the resolution, there is a high res dll available for VX Ace that lets me do that. I may look into it, but only if things really pick up and I become satisfied with my progress (which I'm not currently. A year plus on chapter 1 is far too long for my liking).

Whew, good questions. I can't wait to get this thing done and the chapter released. I know some people have lost faith that I'll finish this, but be patient a bit longer. It really does take a long time for a single developer to do something like this part time. 1-2 years development time is not uncommon.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That silence. I only can take this as a confirmation there is indeed a beach in this game. And there's swimming suits for the ladies and bogwort.

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@MasterQ2: Interesting, I was unaware of the Italian meaning. I just liked the sound of it. Oops :D
Well, I'll get used to, so no problem :D
It was indeed quite funny the first time I ran into her: "Doesn't seem very sad to me...oh wait, I'm a retard."

Wveth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"Triste" means "sad" in French too, but there're still names based on it, like "Trista" for girls and "Tristen" for boys, so it's not unprecedented :p

Also, thanks for responding, sir! *salutes*

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's going to be related to "sad" in most of the Romance languages, because the etymology is derived from the Latin "tristis". (Go go useless Classics studies ;))

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@BigTotoro: Yes, that does mean she likes bikinis. Now, the question is, does she still carry her sword :p
Wait, she's not wearing underwear in the pic. Don't tell me she can turn bikini into swords, PSwG style...

*processing*

... or do tell me just that~ :D

Last edited:

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

"Triste" means "sad" in French too, but there're still names based on it, like "Trista" for girls and "Tristen" for boys, so it's not unprecedented :p
Yeah, but it's not a common name in Italy. Actually, the only name that occur to me is "Tristano", which is quite...outdated.

It's going to be related to "sad" in most of the Romance languages, because the etymology is derived from the Latin "tristis". (Go go useless Classics studies ;))
I admire you for remembering such a thing. The day after I stopped studying Latin, I forgot it. Never liked it anyway.
But now, enough with this discussion, we are too serious for this thread :D

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I thing Tiger said a few weeks back that the MC will not get pregnant, but he didn't say anything about the supporting ladies.
Problem with pregnancy is that it would require you to re-do all the art, which is ridiculous amount of work. Which is why it is usually either a major selling point of the whole game or restricted to bad ends with game over afterwards.

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well Reculitan you have 67 pages full of hints ;) btw those 67 pages are a good read too, so don't let the volume scare you :)

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i figer this question has already been asked but since its been so long and a lotta stuff has probly changed, are we gonna hafta start all over or can we use our old save in chapter 1? i doubt im the only one thats played the prologue mordn once.