What's new

ramenslurper

Reputation score
it seems there's a new post on Zell's blog. I see Shiro no Yokata sprites and a teaser of the FOBS MV version

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@ramenslurper Couldn't be bothered to run it through translation, but it seems he's 90% done with porting the main game over, and 66% done with the H events. Unfortunately, there are no reference points for his progress pace, though. I hope he'll release a demo or tech for us to see how the MV engine handles differently in gameplay soon. We'll see...

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
@ramenslurper Couldn't be bothered to run it through translation, but it seems he's 90% done with porting the main game over, and 66% done with the H events. Unfortunately, there are no reference points for his progress pace, though. I hope he'll release a demo or tech for us to see how the MV engine handles differently in gameplay soon. We'll see...
Pixel Maker MV has some built in physics processing. I hope he doesn't rely on that too much as that kind of motion never feels good in platformers in my opinion.

It's also Node based.
An empty Pixel Maker MV game is at least 95MB in size. It might be a bit bigger than what we're used to in filesize. Hmm or it could be smaller actually. Since camera zoom is not a feature 2D Fighter Maker 2nd supports all the pixel art for FOBS was actually 3 times the size it should've been at. What was 64x64 pixel art per frame was 192x192 just to get the base resolution where it was at. That multiplied across all the frames of the animation is a huge difference in size. Hmm... Nahh... images don't take that much space. New engine's most likely gonna take more space.

The good news is that it's a hardware accelerated game engine with shader support so the frame-rate should be pretty consistent. Older PCs might have trouble running it though. Pixel Maker MV requires some pretty new drawing runtimes.

By new I mean Windows vista or 7 with Directx installed. People running FOBS on XP are gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Pretty hype to be honest. The house looks new and the teleportation area is new art as well. Seems he spent a lot of time redoing old art. I wonder what that means for old enemies? I hope their animations are updated.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
At any rate, its great that Zell is still working on FOBS, i know hes been concentrating on making all kinds of money with Succubus Affection and also working on his horror game, (which will also make him a boatload of money). Zell should try to sell FOBS on DLsite as well at some point with bonus content.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Zell should try to sell FOBS on [whatever platform]
+1 to that.. Hopefully, that'll happen with solo Zell, so that he knows peeps believe in him more than the other guy - probably true even for those who didn't know FOBS before meeting SA.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
By new I mean Windows vista or 7 with Directx installed. People running FOBS on XP are gonna be in for a rude awakening.
who would still run XP or windows vista / 7 today? i personally dont see any reason to do it

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
i personally dont see any reason to do it
The issue is, we don't have a fooking choice nowadays.
Some of us are still keeping a win98 and a DOS partitions handy... And they're even bipedal homo sapiens! 😲
(PS and they replay Hammer of the Gods and/or TES:Arena every other year, in an unholy sabbath!!!)

ScuffedJays

Reputation score
The issue is, we don't have a fooking choice nowadays.
Some of us are still keeping a win98 and a DOS partitions handy... And they're even bipedal homo sapiens! 😲
(PS and they replay Hammer of the Gods and/or TES:Arena every other year, in an unholy sabbath!!!)
I don't think someone that unironically believes there's no reason to use any OS other than Windows 10 will understand any of that, even if it was said in jest.

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Oh that's right! Lol I can't believe I forgot!
You have to enter the konami code XD

Titan's a goof.
Yeah, that was gonna turn into a full fan-project. I contacted Zell and he said no so I stopped.
Surprisingly he's still using those old pixel designs or at least reworking them for future projects.

Like that muscular cowgirl with the abs is actually in FOBS, B-Part.

He also had the design for the Baphomet even before starting Succubus Affection. It was one of his earliest designs, before even FOBS.

My favorite design of his is that dragon girl with the hotpants. I really hope he brings that girl back in some way in any of his future works.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
who would still run XP or windows vista / 7 today? i personally dont see any reason to do it
People like me who built a quality computer years ago and have had little reason to buy a new computer since their computer still runs most everything I tell it to run? People like me who have saved thousands of dollars by not buying a new computer every couple of years and have managed to make their old one last over a decade with only needing to buy minimal upgrades here and there? People like me who have heard horror stories about how a Windows 10 Updates have ruined their entire computers?

Granted, I'm probably going to get a new computer next year, but I've managed to make my 14-year-old computer last me a good long while and I've saved myself a ton of money by making it last as long as has. It's been a good one.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
People like me who built a quality computer years ago and have had little reason to buy a new computer since their computer still runs most everything I tell it to run? People like me who have saved thousands of dollars by not buying a new computer every couple of years and have managed to make their old one last over a decade with only needing to buy minimal upgrades here and there? People like me who have heard horror stories about how a Windows 10 Updates have ruined their entire computers?

Granted, I'm probably going to get a new computer next year, but I've managed to make my 14-year-old computer last me a good long while and I've saved myself a ton of money by making it last as long as has. It's been a good one.
i mean, thats fair, but a windows update ruining their entire computer sounds a little exagurated to me, tho i have a pretty old system aswell with only an i7-4790k and a RX 580 tho i do have to add that i do play tons of VR so i already need a pretty beefy pc

anyways we are getting a little too off topic

MERYY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
i mean, thats fair, but a windows update ruining their entire computer sounds a little exagurated to me
They pushed out the win 10 "upgrade" in quite a sneaky manner, hidden in updates that would download and run it without notifying the user. Many people, myself included, see Win 10 as little more than spyware with a bloated, useless UI. Thus a single update could have ruined my PERFECT Win 7 OS.

Come at me win 10 shills :cool:

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I agree with super_slicer and Fenril.
I had win 7 ultimate edition. Win 10 absolutely brought nothing new that I didn't already have access to and instead no longer supported things I was able to do on win 7 ult. I legit had no real reason to upgrade for a long time. This made worst by the 20 gb stealth upload Microsoft did in disguised as a win 7 update. Nothing is scarier then going to sleep with win 7 and waking up to your computer asking you to config your new Win 10 OS.....that you didn't install.