What's new

ACT [Acid Style] 銑鉄の探索者 / Explorer of the Golden Planet (RJ204720)

Okwm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If it's pretty straightforward, I've done UI translations in other games and would be happy to do so here as well. Dialogue translation is too daunting for me to undertake in this without help.
If you could do a partial, you'd be a hero in my eyes.

velvet.velour

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Just started playing through this following the guide and got to the alien base with the green floating girls. I've been upgrading all the way and I have the rapid-fire laser gun and the fire sword. But the green girls take hardly any damage and kill me in 1-2 hits. I've got all my armor equipped and repaired. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I've experimented with some different weapons but nothing really seems to kill them before they can fire one burst and chip ~20% of my health.

cell943

Reputation score
Just started playing through this following the guide and got to the alien base with the green floating girls. I've been upgrading all the way and I have the rapid-fire laser gun and the fire sword. But the green girls take hardly any damage and kill me in 1-2 hits. I've got all my armor equipped and repaired. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I've experimented with some different weapons but nothing really seems to kill them before they can fire one burst and chip ~20% of my health.
By upgrading, you mean yourself or just your weapons? Those rocks you've been collecting are this game's version of experience, so just grind out more of those if you're getting bodied. You can also use *cough* Cheat Engine *cough*

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Here's a shot at translating the left bit of the base area and all of the world map view, I have checked and it should run correctly but back up your files as I have seen a few mistakes already due to the fact I don't know how the conversations fully work yet (also the font spacing being huge). To install this just unzip and drag the contents to inside the game folder to data > stg4.
The places of the base I did was the left side before the...grasslands and to the control center through the archives, the control center is about 1/4 of the way finished to a draft. This is because the commander has about 54 conversations with about half of them having multiple dialog lines, once I found this through copy and pasting her name through all of them I decided to upload this for feedback.....so 2B has not been touched sorry.
Side note: you will notice some text has not been translated or has English and Japanese, that is because I am not sure of the translation at this time and so have left it fully untranslated or done it all but left in the part I am unsure about. I did also try to translate the text box that appears when you die but this was while you are in the control center as I came across it there in a mountain of.......stuff...

Just so it's clear as well I have not decided if I will continue with this work, I am testing the waters once I finish with the base as I plan to do that much I will then say if I will continue or not.

Attachments

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Not to be an ass but I find this game a bitch to deal with and I'd really like to see the new content at least. There's some "100% saves" out here and they're appreciated but theyre still missing tons of animations in the gallery, and also the stages that supposedly connect to the new content. Can someone please upload a save file that makes it easier for us to access the new stuff?

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Not to be an ass but I find this game a bitch to deal with and I'd really like to see the new content at least. There's some "100% saves" out here and they're appreciated but theyre still missing tons of animations in the gallery, and also the stages that supposedly connect to the new content. Can someone please upload a save file that makes it easier for us to access the new stuff?
I tried getting all the animations back when the game was just released and the game was so fucking tedious that I didn't want to bother. Probably how most people feel haha

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I would, but I don't actually have 100% yet, and at least one if not both of the things I am missing require what is basically a full second playthrough to get. I probably won't do that unless the translation gets completed, or I end up helping with it and need to play through the game for that reason. If you want 99% I can upload, but I don't have 100% yet.

cell943

Reputation score
Just so it's clear as well I have not decided if I will continue with this work, I am testing the waters once I finish with the base as I plan to do that much I will then say if I will continue or not.
If you'd like some help, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand to lighten the load. I know how rough and demoralizing translating an entire game alone can be.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
If you'd like some help, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand to lighten the load. I know how rough and demoralizing translating an entire game alone can be.
I'm atucally having a easier time with the commander than I thought as it seems like there's multiple lines for what is said at different points if you've gone and found out things before reporting to her, so there's a lot of reusing of text which makes it easier. The issue that I'm still having but is part of the whole translating process is just figuring out what is said as sometimes the lines....don't line up so I've had to make changes so it makes sense based upon my interpretation of the translations from google translate and yandex as the gammer changes the translation a lot it seems for yandex but google gives a better general understanding for short parts.
I've not spent much time on it today but I'm about a quarter of the way through the commander as a result. I did also make a macro for doing copy and paste as doing the key combination was starting to get annoying.

EDIT: just did a silly with learning the engine by checking with the data back up to see if I got the translation correct and I swtiched back to the original stage and realized although I did apply before switching I didn't save....rip work done, luckily I have an notepad document with the general lines in it and google keeps a history of translation requests.

Last edited:

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Alright I'm going to have dinner now but I fininally finished the commander, though I've left in japanese parts with what I think it means in english as I was not certain, this does mean that some things won't make sense as I said before lines repeat and so on. Anyway after that I took a look at the stop stuff and did I think the buying of weapons which has more lines than the commander but they are more or less just one word or so it's so much easier to do than dialog (did nearly have the gravity canonn labled as "The game is ... " thanks google for the save).
That is going past my base only thing kinda but I feel it's necessary, it's easier to deal with than the commander but I see more things to possibly break so I'll play safe for now with it by leaving it all alone. Mentioning the whole base thing I've technically done all of it as only the left side is marked as the ArmyHQ while the rest is marked as various other things, however I will be doing the whole of the base before I decide so I won't be stopping yet to think about it.
BLA blah blaah here's the file anyway, please tell me your thoughts with it so far. (no I've not tested this one)

EDIT: Oh hey remember to back up your files as stuff can go wrong and I am not experienced at this as this is my first time.

Attachments

Last edited:

cell943

Reputation score
I received my copy of the game from you, but it seems like we're using different versions? All of my stg4 files have the suffix "881" while yours have "930." Odd that. Seems to crash my game, also.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
...hm I wonder if it's because...the action editor I downloaded is an newer version (930),.....oh please don't tell me I would need to redo it all on the older version if I can even find it? Though maybe if you used this exe it would work?

Attachments

cell943

Reputation score
...hm I wonder if it's because...the action editor I downloaded is an newer version (930),.....oh please don't tell me I would need to redo it all on the older version if I can even find it? Though maybe if you used this exe it would work?
Thankfully, that fixed the problem, so just make sure to bundle that exe with any translations you release.
Seems like good work overall, but you'll definitely want to get an editor to read this over at some point. There are a few small errors ("talk" instead of "Talk", that kind of thing) and weird phrasing issues.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Thankfully, that fixed the problem, so just make sure to bundle that exe with any translations you release.
Seems like good work overall, but you'll definitely want to get an editor to read this over at some point. There are a few small errors ("talk" instead of "Talk", that kind of thing) and weird phrasing issues.
Yep I thought I missed some of those talks, with the phrasing I can't do much about as my view in the editor is messed up...it doesn't exactly go in the same order as the story line....also there's no such thing as a perfect translating program which is free currently so I'm guess working a lot of the big sentences and sometimes the smaller ones just so they make sense with the following conversations/lines.

It's a bit of the learning process and what I'll be thinking a bit about with if I should do a full translation or not after the base is done, the possibly most annoying part of this whole thing is the detail acid style did in how stuff impacted as there's 5 extremely similar but small or huge differences in what is said in one of the commander responses and where there's one there's more and there are. Anyway I'm working on the bedroom area of the base now and there's about 3-5 versions of that....

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
............the game just updated......I was nearly done with the base.,.....welp! I hope there's no changes to the base then........(I have the partner selection to go and the tutorial area and then done).....oh yeah I'll update my files with the new version right away as well.

EDIT: Checked the files and seems to be stuff with the gallery, shop, iron mountain and test ending in terms of changes of files I recognize, but there's files with no clear purpose to that have changes to them. So my work on the base is safe for now and I've updated my files that I gave out now. If you want the updated version just DM/PM me in the same one you did so before in or make a new one with me, I don't care.

Last edited:

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So we have a new area accessible from the "Iron Desert". Wherever that is. And 3 new enemies. New content is always fine. Too bad I have no idea which area is the Iron Desert. I suppose someone here know which area that is?
EDIT: Ok, here it is. Go left until the sandstorm stops, talk to the guard, then enter the cave.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
This was added in the update before this, this update latest seems to be a fix for a broken animation and something else. More details are in the previous pages.