What's new

VN/TEXT [Alicesoft] Rance VI and 5d

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Rance VI and 5d coming out in English in 4 days!

There is so many wrong things...

You pretend giving "data" and "facts", however, there is none in your post.

Here you go, this can help you:

I'm still not sure if I will buy it or pirate it, but just so you know, this release has a huge problem. If it's popular, then the huge backstab they gave to the community may happen again, and it's not something I would like to see.
What huge problems does this release have? I'm probably not going to play it either way so I don't really care either side of the pirate/no pirate debate, but all the site you linked to says is that if the official release is easier to obtain in terms of time/annoyance to get and install than the pirated versions then people probably won't mind actually paying for it. Does this release have really intrusive DRM or something?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To shed some light on that, Rance VI was translated by people who were previously doing fan translations, Rance VI was announced to be finished about 1-2 years ago and at the last moment they backed out and announced they had made a deal with Mangagamer and Alicesoft to do official translations.

Now, this in and of itself isn't a big deal, a good step forward for any community since the translators get paid for their efforts and official status means less hassle and as seen in this new release of Rance VI, access to assets they normally wouldn't possibly have (higher def CG, uncensored CG etc.)

The problem was when they joined Mangagamer they released Beat Blades Haruka, and a lot of people were/are convinced they did this to basically ransom Rance VI with Haruka (buy it or you won't get more Alicesoft games since there's no interest) Which I personally feel is just massively exaggerated drama, but it isn't completely senseless either.

As for the whole "nameshit" it's basically annoyance that different translation teams are using different terminology (and the new stuff is objectively worse in some cases, Arch-Fiend in particular since it's actually a mistranslation) a lot of it is changed for no real reason and it seems a bit dumb to have every other game use the same terminology and just have Rance VI stand out with fucking Arch-Fiend Jill-of-the-jungle. Not a dealbreaker by any stretch, but it's dumb shit nonetheless.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Still, it was a backstab. Telling people (and potentially other translation teams) they will do Rance 5, 6 and quest, and finally not release it until they can monetize it was a dick move.

Of course it has its advantages, but i'm not sure it is the correct path for the translation scene.

levoonisarat

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How do you save in this game?

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

Where is the manual for this game? I have no damn clue what the icons are so I end up buying worthless items as there is no way to click and find out what something is first. This is the stupidest game ever! Damn team won't attack the same person. The enemy always attacks who is in front but your own team does not.. so can't kill off the enemy because they kill you off to soon.. What stupid idiot designed this AI! It's AWFUL!

Last edited:

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Where is the manual for this game? I have no damn clue what the icons are so I end up buying worthless items as there is no way to click and find out what something is first. This is the stupidest game ever! Damn team won't attack the same person. The enemy always attacks who is in front but your own team does not.. so can't kill off the enemy because they kill you off to soon.. What stupid idiot designed this AI! It's AWFUL!
Manual:

It doesn't matter what you buy, you can get as many items from the shop as you want. Just go out and in again.
I would suggest to play sengoku rance first. After this you probably will not play the game for the gameplay, but for the chars and the story.

Keyen

Reputation score

I would suggest to play sengoku rance first. After this you probably will not play the game for the gameplay, but for the chars and the story.
With the release of rance 5D and 6, we can finally play the whole serie in english up to sengoku rance, and you tell him to start with the 7th?

LokexD

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Been playing Rance VI for about 10 hours now I think, game suddenly started lagging terribly. Although it might have been that I a bought a new 144 hz screen and the frequency is to high, tried toning it down to 60 hz, will update with results.

Edit: 1 hour later and I'm having no problems, going from 144 to 60 might have solved it or it might have been a coincidence.

Last edited:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm curious. Do Rance 6 has Senhime?

I'm waiting til next month before I buy this but I wanna know cuz Senhime's awesome.

Reputation score

I'm waiting til next month before I buy this but I wanna know cuz Senhime's awesome.
Senhime is introduced in Sengoku, so no she isn't in this game.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The password is Anasel
now i know wikia is fan edited, but i just looked her up because i was curious. it never mentions her getting pregnant from the 2 rance or 1 bandit rape.

who does she get pregnant by?

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

How the hell do you damage the Sunflower Bulb? I can't do a single pt of damage on it with Rance at all!

I have come to the conclusion this game is severely game breaking bugged! There is no damn way to kill the Bulb so can not complete the game! How the hell did this bug get past MangaGamer?

Last edited:

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Anyone got a complete save or gallery unlock they can share?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How the hell do you damage the Sunflower Bulb? I can't do a single pt of damage on it with Rance at all!

I have come to the conclusion this game is severely game breaking bugged! There is no damn way to kill the Bulb so can not complete the game! How the hell did this bug get past MangaGamer?
What are you doing here? There's no way in hell you're over 18 years old.

now i know wikia is fan edited, but i just looked her up because i was curious. it never mentions her getting pregnant from the 2 rance or 1 bandit rape.

who does she get pregnant by?
It's a crack theory by the people who posted the link, as the password is supposed to limit downloads to people who're regular there. There's some very indirect evidence that Rance impregnates her during the events of Rance IX.

Senhime is introduced in Sengoku Rance (Rance VII) so no.

Dole

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is not a bug !!!

You have to search for a solution so you must find a solution for it. Ask all people about it and visit all places and the story continue.

I played it till the end.

Keyen

Reputation score

Well, this passage is a bit bullshit since you have no clues about that, but you have to use rance attack twice in a row. So if you don't have it (you get it lvl 21), you are screwed.

I finished rance 5D a bit earlier this afternoon. It was fun (The drinking contest was over the top). Time to do Rance 6.

Rance 5D lacks of a good extended tutorial, or something like that. I was chapter 3 until I found out we could upgrade already acquired skills, and so, I had to start over :/
The use of special action on background is also not explained in game...

Last edited:

thswherizat

Reputation score

I'm right in the middle of Rance VI, but man this has turned into a wicked grind to attempt to make my guys strong enough.

I normally abhor the use of a cheat engine, but I feel like I'm just saving myself 20 grinding trips if I do...

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The only thing you need to ever grind are those orbs, levels are actually never a problem if you just do all the missions and don't run from every fight.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

rance 6 is the best rance game (plot wise) to date
not even 9 or sengoku surpass it