What's new

All you gamers out there!

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: All you gamers out there!

Wow, I'm actually in the middle of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem... I wish I could have done that for a dry run, you probably would have heard me scream like a little girl when I first inspected the bathtub.

Flash Games wouldn't be a bad idea, or even Indie games like Jumper... I refuse to do "I wanna be the guy!" because all you would hear is. "Well, I died again... and again... and again..." Maybe once I get better...

So far I like all the suggestsions, like Space Station Silicon Valley... I loved that game but I only rented it once when I was a kid so it would mostly be a dry run.

And as for Rifftrax for video games, check out these guys: that is pretty much what they do.

I'm starting to get more ideas for this, keep em coming if you have anymore :)

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

N64 is an option?

Get your ass on Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon. It beckons.

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

!!! I thought I was the only one who knew about Mystical Ninja: Staring Goemon! But which one are you talking about, the 3D action adventure of awesomeness, or the sidescroller of coolness. Hmm... you know... that is a good one. That is going in the pile.

So far here are the ones I am considering:
1. Kirby Super Star (I know it like the back of my hand)

2. Jumper 2 (My favorite Indie game to date)

3. Mystical Ninja: Staring Goemon (I love it, it seems like forever since I last played that)

4. Space Station Silicone Valley (Interesting game with all the puzzles and the like)

I'm gonna have to look up more. I've heard of Body Harvest but not much. I'll take a look see.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The 3D adventure of win-awesome.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wait. You've never played Conker's Bad Fur Day? What rock has you lived under?

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

Nah, I've played BFD, but it was the XBox remake. Not a bad game, but I'm not sure if I want to do an LP of it. Some parts of it just frustrated me. Still it was good fun... just wish they planned on making some sort of a sequel. Oh, and on a related note, it is said that the original ending of BFD had Conker committing suicide... kinda sad actually.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I still have Body Harvest.

And every day, I ask myself... why

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

it is said that the original ending of BFD had Conker committing suicide... kinda sad actually.
He did not. It's a rumor. I've played the N64 version. Beat it. He didn't kill himself

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I still have Body Harvest.

And every day, I ask myself... why
Because GTA's game engine had to come from somewhere. I actually liked it quite a bit when I played it, which granted was many years ago.

And one thing to note about Mystical Ninja and Silicon Valley is that the emulations, at least the ones I've played, tend to have a lot of graphical errors.

................................ DASHDASHDASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

He did not. It's a rumor. I've played the N64 version. Beat it. He didn't kill himself
I should have been more clear. That is what the creator wanted to do, originally Conker killed himself at the end. But they changed it at some point in development. But still, just a rumor.
And one thing to note about Mystical Ninja and Silicon Valley is that the emulations, at least the ones I've played, tend to have a lot of graphical errors.
I'll give each one a short test then before I decide for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

*Notices thread*

I demand Crystalis for the NES.

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

I've heard of that one but I've only played it for a few minuets I think. Isn't it the one that is always compared to The Legend of Zelda?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Crystalis, in my opinion, SLAUGHTERED the original Legend of Zelda.

But yeah, that's the one.

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright... good news and bad news time... first I'll start with the Bad News.

I'm not sure when I will be able to do this now. Something... just too awesome to pass up has come along so I've decided to drop this idea... for now. Thanks for all the help so far, I still plan on doing this (and even giving the forum a shout out in the video. You will know when you hear it.) in the near future, but it might take a few months.

The Good news.

I've decided to take up a project. I'm still making a video but it is for something else. Anyone else here a g1?

That's right. Screwattack is looking for the next big feature, and me and some of my buddies up here in college have decided to take advantage of that. I already have a ton of ideas for it and I found myself forgetting this project. Sorry. But I will come back to it if this doesn't take off. Maybe I will just start doing these vids on Youtube instead. Anyways. Thanks for the help... but I got to do this. I've wanted to make a gaming show for a long time now.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Real effort must be put into the background stuff. Me and my buds are doing some project filming ourselves. We already have lighting and stories and stuff like that, the only hump left in our way before filming is mics. We're not sure about going all out with a boom, some wireless mics, or just dub it.
Good luck with your vid competition though. Hope to see the final project.

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks, sound is something that I'm a bit worried about as well. I don't really want to use just the camera's mic. Sounds too... bad. So I'm gonna start doing some shopping. Again, not going all out, looking for alternatives. And I'll tell you if we become finalists. If not... we will probably still do the show anyways if it is fun enough.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I was going to say "Legend of Zelda" but thought it might be considered too long for a run-through. I'm a bit of a poor choice for suggestions. I mostly did RPGs as far as gaming went.

You could always do an exercise in torturing yourself and find Athena *grins*

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Some games I know of which may be interested(Read: fustrating) to watch someone play:
Heart of Darkness (PC
The Immortal (NES)
Cyberia (PC)
Lester the Unlikely(SNES)
(at least that's the systems I know they might be on, don't take my word for it)

If you're looking for games that will just piss you off:
Nightmare Circus (Genesis)
Gundam: The War for Earth(PSX)

Nightmare Circus is the shortest, but the most fustrating and has cheap enemies, Gundam TWfE is just fustrating and hard. For more enjoyability for the viewer, play the game without reading any material on the game, and setting the difficulty, if available, to hardest.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Best of luck to you and your buddies.

-Signed, a fellow g1

OP
gameguru777

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks Obeliskos, We are all working hard on it. If it doesn't go well then we will probably still make the series. Just on Youtube. :p