What's new

Anthophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Anthophobia

Man, I feel like I'm missing too much stuff. I can't seem to view their blog. It just tells me it's taking too long to load. No matter what browser I use and even if I restart my computer.
Hey Sourjelly. For some reason, i can't seem to access your site. Is it up or there's something wrong with it? I've been trying all the time to do it. :)
Yeah I can't see the blog either, it's been not working ever since yesterday. Can someone share the new zombies maybe?

ugh I think my hosting provider blocking certain IPs.
I don't know why. :( I should ask them about it....again

*Update*

I received the answer from support team, and they said they don't blocked any website.
hmmm

=====================================================================================
We can assure you that we have not restricted the access to the shared web hosting server in which your account is residing from any specific country. If some of your visitors are unable to access your website, we would like kindly to ask one of them to execute the following commands in the command prompt, so you could provide us with their output:

tracert 69.175.60.114
tracert 184.154.134.58

Here is a tutorial how to do that:

We are looking forward to your reply.
=====================================================================================================

"Maybe not... maybe not okay to take brains? Maybe they like brain in head and not out head. Probably wait is better. Need more think."

Oh lol she's just a dumb girl who's already "dead", you shove into male zombies. Heh.

If I may offer some advice: you should explicitly forbid the usage of existing addresses, intentional or otherwise. Granted, I have no legal background on which to base this advice, but I can imagine there is the potential for someone to manipulate their purchasing of the right to include an address into the game to do something shitty to you. It kinda sucks to miss out on the creative and childish ways people will find to force you to include dumb shit in the game ("Uh I live at 123 Niggerfaggot Boulevard, on a sovereign island called 'The Jew-Free Zone'"), but meh you can make your own silly addresses.

She's not dead XD not dead yet! they are alive even man zombies too!
in this game, zombies are more like, infection from hentai game "Kansen"
If you get infected, you become a dumb horny pervert that can transform into various type. XD
+ huge symbol >:D

and thank you for the advise! I fixed post about "real world address"!

Ugh... those stun plants are over powered...

Their range is too high, I can't even finish the demo.

Those wood block things also take way too many hits to break.

Frustrating!!

So I'm walking against a wood thing, with zombies spawning behind me, and I can't stop walking into the wood thing because the plants keep throwing their seeds or petals or whatever they are at me.

Worst of all is after I die, I am sent back to the last checkpoint, that was before I cleared the room of zombies and opened the locked door.

-facepalm-

So I finally beat it... and I can't go back to fight the boss again T_T
1. on the next demo, plant seed will become much weaker on easy mode.
2. Hmmm I should add the teleport to the boss room as a stage clear reward :p

Last edited:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

That would be truly great, I got to the boss with pure luck! I ran like a little coward.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Go to the next room and walk up to the "wall" that's there, it's actually some sort of shutter that is powered by the generator, it'll open up. Be ready to deal with lots of zombies though.

Dojo_dude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game is better than Resident Evil 6!

It actually has a vibe of dread, and impending capture and body horror due to mutation via the plant spores.

The clothing mechanic is awesome and shows that it CAN be done with sprites, thank you sirs. *wink* *wink* to other developers of 2D H-games.

My only criticism so far would be the checkpoint system is very far spread out. (Dark Souls?) and the shading on the basic zombies needs one more color of green. Or maybe add randomized elements as a Patreon stretch goal? Some still have bits of clothing on themselves, things like that, but all very small and quick to do, we don't want to delay the game, eh?

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

so im stuck, ive given the generator fuel and now im lost on where to go
that part, on the next demo, I'm going to add the fuel sign right next power door. I'm sorry about confusion X_X;

Go to the next room and walk up to the "wall" that's there, it's actually some sort of shutter that is powered by the generator, it'll open up. Be ready to deal with lots of zombies though.
Thank you for the detailed explain! :D

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Probably not going to say anything that hasn't been said before:

-The checkpoint-system is infuriating. I never knew when I reached one and once I beat the final boss I was rewarded with being stuck in an empty, pointless corridor. I missed some enemies whose animations I didn't even get to see.
This gets even worse when theres a bunch of tedium between one checkpoint and another, with a short section of utterly ridiculous difficulty at the end of it, which you WILL die to a lot, resulting in having to do ALL the tedium AGAIN just so you can get another shot at the hard part.
Best solution would be to be able to save your progress at the various bedrooms in the game. They're already spread out well enough to pace the checkpoints better than they are right now.

-Those flying seeds that hypnotize you are WAAY too annoying. You can barely even see them due to the way the lighting works and at that one spot where there's three of those plants behind various breakable walls you can get completely stunlocked from any distance.

-Some compability for controllers would be nice in the future. I really don't like the control-scheme and I can only imagine it feeling more at home on my Gamepad.

-The breakable walls are way too strong. I don't get why shooting at them is more effective than whacking them with the pole. That would be a good way to make the Crowbar have its own benefits; being able to tear down breakable walls faster.
-The Crowbar in general feels a little unreliable. I think it has something to do with the fact that you can stagger the zombies with it, but while they are in their stagger animation and you hit them again they get damaged, yet not staggered again. Hard to explain.

-This is only personal preference: I'm always a fan of damageable clothing and I'd love to see variations of the animations in partial clothing. Like, the less you wear the more likely the enemies are to try and grab you, but you can still be grabbed with a certain degree of clothing in case they go for it.
However I can understand if this is too hard to implement at this point or just not worth the trouble.

All in all I still really enjoyed the game for the same reasons the other probably already pointed out; Great atmosphere and good animations.
This is not meant to discourage you, only to give you some feedback on how to make the game even better than it already is. I think this game has a lot of potential but some of these issues are sadly very frustrating to deal with as of right now.

E

erobotan

for people who can't view the blog, try using vpn. My guess it's a DNS problem. I recommend vpngate, you can find

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ofc it is. They f..ed up Leon...lol... well ...i'm considering rev2 a spinoff..or they have f..ed up Claire too...imo. how many ppl can supplex zombies-_- in re
i'm w8ing the remake of the 2nd for...what...15 years?

Last edited:

DoctorR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've said the same thing earlier, this game is thing of beauty. After I saw recent post in Sourjelly blog, I have a permanent desire throw money at him. So many things could be implement in the game, with resident evil atmosphere of total horror, death and despair this game could be the best H-game 2D platformer ever, along with parasite city.

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Probably not going to say anything that hasn't been said before:

-The checkpoint-system is infuriating. I never knew when I reached one and once I beat the final boss I was rewarded with being stuck in an empty, pointless corridor. I missed some enemies whose animations I didn't even get to see.
This gets even worse when theres a bunch of tedium between one checkpoint and another, with a short section of utterly ridiculous difficulty at the end of it, which you WILL die to a lot, resulting in having to do ALL the tedium AGAIN just so you can get another shot at the hard part.
Best solution would be to be able to save your progress at the various bedrooms in the game. They're already spread out well enough to pace the checkpoints better than they are right now.

-Those flying seeds that hypnotize you are WAAY too annoying. You can barely even see them due to the way the lighting works and at that one spot where there's three of those plants behind various breakable walls you can get completely stunlocked from any distance.

-Some compability for controllers would be nice in the future. I really don't like the control-scheme and I can only imagine it feeling more at home on my Gamepad.

-The breakable walls are way too strong. I don't get why shooting at them is more effective than whacking them with the pole. That would be a good way to make the Crowbar have its own benefits; being able to tear down breakable walls faster.
-The Crowbar in general feels a little unreliable. I think it has something to do with the fact that you can stagger the zombies with it, but while they are in their stagger animation and you hit them again they get damaged, yet not staggered again. Hard to explain.

-This is only personal preference: I'm always a fan of damageable clothing and I'd love to see variations of the animations in partial clothing. Like, the less you wear the more likely the enemies are to try and grab you, but you can still be grabbed with a certain degree of clothing in case they go for it.
However I can understand if this is too hard to implement at this point or just not worth the trouble.

All in all I still really enjoyed the game for the same reasons the other probably already pointed out; Great atmosphere and good animations.
This is not meant to discourage you, only to give you some feedback on how to make the game even better than it already is. I think this game has a lot of potential but some of these issues are sadly very frustrating to deal with as of right now.
Thank you for the so much detailed feedback!
1. On the final product, there will be a pixel animation room that you can see all of the pixel animations. so you don't need to kill the protagonist just for see the h anime

2. On the next Demo update, the Hypnotize duration will be halved on easy mode.

3. About gamepad, I will tell the programmer about it!

4.I made that on purpose. perhaps I should give more bullet resistance to the barricade. actually, there's only ONE barricade you need to break it by melee. except that, you can simply break them by other method. this is my fault since I didn't give much information about it. On the next demo updates, there will be the tutorial room before the actual game start.

5. about melee, melee is the last option when you got nothing on your hand. It is not a great idea to dealing all sort of monsters by melee. that's why maximum clip of handgun is only 3. I encourage you to use handgun lot more often. If you think using 2 bullets on normal zombies is kinda waste, then try 1 bullet then melee. then you can save your bullets. and the Bald head zombie will not stagger by your ODD number hit. which is if you attack him with melee, you will lost everything by high chance. you have to use your gun or run away from him to save your bullets(he takes 7 bullets). Melee is worst idea to dealing with this guy.
Again, Thank you for the so much detailed feedback.
it always helps us up to find out the broken part so we can fix the stuff. :D

for people who can't view the blog, try using vpn. My guess it's a DNS problem. I recommend vpngate, you can find
Thank you Erobotan! currently, I've talked with hosting company. they said they will move my account IP to fix this problem on Next week on Tuesday(June 23rd 2015) my blog will be down about 24 ~ 48 hours during that days. :D

My only criticism so far would be the checkpoint system is very far spread out. (Dark Souls?) and the shading on the basic zombies needs one more color of green. Or maybe add randomized elements as a Patreon stretch goal? Some still have bits of clothing on themselves, things like that, but all very small and quick to do, we don't want to delay the game, eh?
Thank you! and YES I LOVE DS XD that effected my game lot i think. and I agree, basic zombies needs more colors, but I'm negative adding more variety on this project. maybe on the sequel. and the reason the zombie are naked is the side effect of the infection. The zombies, They striped themselves while they were human because of the extreme itchiness and heat. the reason the clothes are everywhere is the same reason. XD

Last edited:

Val'Jean

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for the so much detailed feedback!
1. On the final product, there will be a pixel animation room that you can see all of the pixel animations. so you don't need to kill the protagonist just for see the h anime

2. On the next Demo update, the Hypnotize duration will be halved on easy mode.

3. About gamepad, I will tell the programmer about it!

4.I made that on purpose. perhaps I should give more bullet resistance to the barricade. actually, there's only ONE barricade you need to break it by melee. except that, you can simply break them by other method. this is my fault since I didn't give much information about it. On the next demo updates, there will be the tutorial room before the actual game start.

5. about melee, melee is the last option when you got nothing on your hand. It is not a great idea to dealing all sort of monsters by melee. that's why maximum clip of handgun is only 3. I encourage you to use handgun lot more often. If you think using 2 bullets on normal zombies is kinda waste, then try 1 bullet then melee. then you can save your bullets. and the Bald head zombie will not stagger by your ODD number hit. which is if you attack him with melee, you will lost everything by high chance. you have to use your gun or run away from him to save your bullets(he takes 7 bullets). Melee is worst idea to dealing with this guy.
Again, Thank you for the so much detailed feedback.
it always helps us up to find out the broken part so we can fix the stuff. :D

Thank you Erobotan! currently, I've talked with hosting company. they said they will move my account IP to fix this problem on Next week on Tuesday(June 23rd 2015) my blog will be down about 24 ~ 48 hours during that days. :D

Thank you! and YES I LOVE DS XD that effected my game lot i think. and I agree, basic zombies needs more colors, but I'm negative adding more variety on this project. maybe on the sequel. and the reason the zombie are naked is the side effect of the infection. The zombies, They striped themselves while they were human because of the extreme itchiness and heat. the reason the clothes are everywhere is the same reason. XD
When do we get that Gallery room because at this point I'm kinda miffed I rushed to the end because your game doesn't really have any replay value atm..

hertzez

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The female zombies additions are great, and I see that you wanted them to be harmless, but how if you add some variations that actually aggressive towards the main character?
I think it'd be great.

Or perhaps this, based on I.N.G.D.T type, if there is a female zombie that could be confused as a male, how about adding an aggressive male zombie that initially could be confused as a female and trick the players? (or perhaps futa, if you're willing)

Also, will you add some kind of infection for the MC? I really hope that the MC could be corrupted or infected and become the zombie herself. :p
No need to integrate it to the system or gameplay, some game over rape or CG that depicts the MC getting or get corrupted is already more than enough.

I haven't read all there is to read, so forgive me if I missed some points.

ngansex

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Wait ! RE 6 ? is it a game, or Movie ?

and...if you love RE, i think you must play the game called "Resident Evil 3 - Bio Hazard "

no sex sprite, but it was good for RE-fan

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The female zombies additions are great, and I see that you wanted them to be harmless, but how if you add some variations that actually aggressive towards the main character?
I think it'd be great.

Or perhaps this, based on I.N.G.D.T type, if there is a female zombie that could be confused as a male, how about adding an aggressive male zombie that initially could be confused as a female and trick the players? (or perhaps futa, if you're willing)
I'm saving that idea for later use>_<;

Also, will you add some kind of infection for the MC? I really hope that the MC could be corrupted or infected and become the zombie herself. :p
No need to integrate it to the system or gameplay, some game over rape or CG that depicts the MC getting or get corrupted is already more than enough.

I haven't read all there is to read, so forgive me if I missed some points.
actually I'm saving that for later use too :p

When do we get that Gallery room because at this point I'm kinda miffed I rushed to the end because your game doesn't really have any replay value atm..
full version of game will have the pixel animation room.
I'm not sure demo version will have it too.

hertzez

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm saving that idea for later use>_<;

actually I'm saving that for later use too :p
That's great! Looking forward to the fruition of the ideas! ^_^

Last edited:

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Keep in mind that, when dealing with players past a certain level of experience and familiarity with gaming in general, it is next to impossible to provide substantial replay value in a single-player game.

Once you've played enough games to "read" what the devs were thinking when they constructed whatever scenario you're in, you become exponentially better at tearing games apart. I'm referring to when you start getting those hunches like, "this room looks like it has a secret in it". When you've internalized dynamic spawn rationale so vividly that you know where opponents will respawn when you kill them, etc. When you reach that age/experience/mastery (skill is irrelevant), you have to lower your expectations of what "replayable" really means. There is nothing that will ever be replayable for you. No one is going to tailor-build a game exclusively for that upper echelon of gamer, and it's a disservice to new artists and authors in the industry if we complain that they aren't doing that.

For whatever reason I'm having a lot of trouble effectively describing what I mean here, but I'm pretty sure you can figure it out. In summation: once you have enough experience gaming, you have to temper your expectations with the knowledge that you've moved past the point at which game developers can indulge your rate of content consumption.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Keep in mind that, when dealing with players past a certain level of experience and familiarity with gaming in general, it is next to impossible to provide substantial replay value in a single-player game.

Once you've played enough games to "read" what the devs were thinking when they constructed whatever scenario you're in, you become exponentially better at tearing games apart. I'm referring to when you start getting those hunches like, "this room looks like it has a secret in it". When you've internalized dynamic spawn rationale so vividly that you know where opponents will respawn when you kill them, etc. When you reach that age/experience/mastery (skill is irrelevant), you have to lower your expectations of what "replayable" really means. There is nothing that will ever be replayable for you. No one is going to tailor-build a game exclusively for that upper echelon of gamer, and it's a disservice to new artists and authors in the industry if we complain that they aren't doing that.

For whatever reason I'm having a lot of trouble effectively describing what I mean here, but I'm pretty sure you can figure it out. In summation: once you have enough experience gaming, you have to temper your expectations with the knowledge that you've moved past the point at which game developers can indulge your rate of content consumption.
^ This, after 20+ years of gaming I'm at this point. My friends act like it's miraculous that I'm better than them at games having just started them, than they are having played for months, it's just experience.

Note: I'm not trying to brag here, just backing up textbook on this issue.

Last edited:

djaxis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i'm pretty sure i asked this before, but desktop died on me, so i'm trying the new build and failing miserably. i'd rather not try and get cheat engine working on here, so any chance someone could upload a few saves?

unless the old ones work... then i could just go back through the thread and download them, but i seem to remember them not working between different versions, but i might be wrong

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i'm pretty sure i asked this before, but desktop died on me, so i'm trying the new build and failing miserably. i'd rather not try and get cheat engine working on here, so any chance someone could upload a few saves?

unless the old ones work... then i could just go back through the thread and download them, but i seem to remember them not working between different versions, but i might be wrong
You can just use the cheat that's built into the game.
Stage skip and HP recovery should be enough to clear the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.