What's new

RPG Patreon Ci-En Fantia RPG Maker [Ason] 蒼キ光と魔剣の鍛冶師 / The Shimmering Horizon and Cursed Blacksmith

OP
Ason_oaneashi

Ason_oaneashi

Reputation score
By the way, I encountered a bug. If the protagonist uses a teleportation potion and he somehow teleports on a trap that activates Haste, the game will freeze. I do not know what would happen with the other traps.
Thanks for the report! Perhaps it has something to do with our current trap features... We'll try to fix this; in the meantime if any error codes appear please give us a screenshot!

thankyou_for_2020.png

To all of you awesome supporters, have a great Christmas and a happy new year!

Overlurker

Reputation score
I just recently reformated my Windows 7, now I can no longer play this but can play other RPGMaker games, all i get is a white screen, what am I missing? My locale is also set to Japanese

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
"White screen" means that your openGL-library is too old for the editor.
In 99% of all cases the OGL is updated by your display driver, so that indicates that either your display driver is too old or that it is one of the default Microsoft drivers
... Taken from an internet forum.

So either you need to update whatever Windows drives necessary to operate the game, or you have yet to apply RPM MV rtp or whatever.

Overlurker

Reputation score
There is no RTP for RPGMaker MV.

RPG Maker MV is a node-based program.
He probably just needs to install directx on his computer.
already installed direct-x, RTP only goes up to VX-ACE, as well as VB.net 4.0, I also had the VC redist up to 2015

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Well, sorry but I'm not the right person to go to when it comes to technical stuff... I'm a noob... I mean, I was the guy who suggest getting an RTP for MV.
But, if I may have the honor to help, you might want to copy paste my first and second sentences and search it in the web, it should lead you to a short discussion, where there is another link to another forum with another solution, though whether they can solve your problem or not, I don't know .
I could give some random guesses, like installing Windows Japanese (and other) language pack, install or update OpenGL display library, scan your system registry for issue (using glarys*ft registryclean*r might help), firewall setting probably have nothing to do with it, Update your Graphic Cards Display Driver to the Newest one ,or.... Well, I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
- recently reformated my Windows 7
-I can no longer play this
- but can play other RPGMaker games
Simple, you have an issue with Electron. That's the difference.
As for the solution... Not so simple. Refer to

My money is on: you're missing a Windows, DirectX and/or graphic driver update. Gotta catch'em all!
edit/PS: share your solution when you figure what was missing. It can be very hard for devs to come up with the real tech requirements nowadays.

Last edited:

Overlurker

Reputation score
Simple, you have an issue with Electron. That's the difference.
As for the solution... Not so simple. Refer to

My money is on: you're missing a Windows, DirectX and/or graphic driver update. Gotta catch'em all!
edit/PS: share your solution when you figure what was missing. It can be very hard for devs to come up with the real tech requirements nowadays.
already upgraded my graphics driver and Direct X, still nothing

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
already upgraded my graphics driver and Direct X, still nothing
github said:
The Electron framework lets you write cross-platform desktop applications using JavaScript, HTML and CSS
Get/update Java & Javascript support
If that also fails, another guess: try installing google's Chrome. It may come with the same requirements as Electron. It's probably safe to uninstall Chrome itself afterwards (if you wish to).
Windows 7 is considered obsolete, and they try their hardest so that everyone get their very own Cortana lobotomy :mad:

edit: demo v0.16 is out, by the way.

Last edited:

Overlurker

Reputation score
Get/update Java & Javascript support
If that also fails, another guess: try installing google's Chrome. It may come with the same requirements as Electron. It's probably safe to uninstall Chrome itself afterwards (if you wish to).
Windows 7 is considered obsolete, and they try their hardest so that everyone get their very own Cortana lobotomy :mad:

edit: demo v0.16 is out, by the way.
already had java and chrome installed as the 1st things I did since I need Java for my development and productivity apps and of course Chrome comes first because everyone knows, Internet Explorer is a piece of shit

already working on every solution I had because this is not the only game that is affected, I cannot play my other "safe" games as well such as M.A.S.S. Builder (But I can play AI Shoujo for some reason, wtf.)

Last edited:

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
If normal solution does not solve your problem, then it either means there are fault in the steps you have taken, or the problem itself is not normal?
Maybe you did not update the recommended graphic drivers for all your graphic cards (I know this should have not been the case, but, just saying)?
Or maybe there are missing/corrupted system registry or OpenGL libraries somewhere? Back in the days, some people uses the additional OpenGL32.dll file to fix some of the MV problems, but this is third party solution, so there might be little risk to ponder.

I mean, the requirement to play MV was stated

Processor : Intel Core2 Duo or better
Memory : 2GB or more
Graphics : DirectX 9/OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU
Storage : Installation needs over 2GB
Additional Notes : 1280x768 or better
and it uses Javascript & HTML5 style language, instead of ruby or something.

I still remember a few years back, when I was a toddler and Windows 10 were first release, I've gotten my Razer laptop as a gift for being existed.
All RPG VX Ace, (VX and XP also?) games fails sometimes when the arrow-key bugs prevent me from playing (it keeps on pressing RIght + Down keys even when I did not press any button). First I only need to disconnect my bluetooth to solve the problem, but after awhile, the bugs persist through even that. Thankfully, the bugs were only sometimes there, other times not.
Then, playing De*d Or Al*ve 5 game also became a problem, when I had to disconnect the HID-compliant game console or whatever it was, each time I want to play it due to that pre-built console prevent keyboard recognition.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If you need help, remember this.
Abilities break equipment that CAN break...

So if you want a permanent ability, just bind it to a ring/accessory.

Overlurker

Reputation score
reformatted my disk and use a different installer, works now.
Turns out I installed the non-fun version of Windows the Server version of 7, just installed the Professional, works fine.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score

# Update Log

New Content:

・New main character for Chapter 3: Skewer. (VA: Rio Fujimura )
・New H-Event for Rezia and Skewer.
・New time-exclusive dialogues for all main characters when you first triggered their H-Event.

・New Monster Girls added to the Labyrinth:
Lady Fencer (VA: Rikka Mizutani )
Priestess (VA: Akisora )
Angel (VA: Akisora )
Succubus (VA: Rikka Mizutani )

・New Monster Girls added to both the Labyrinth and Endless Mode:
Thief (VA: Yui Otokura )
??? (TBA)

・New memories for Monster Girls:
Memories of Thief
Memories of Lady Fencer
Memories of Priestess
Memories of Angel

・New Boss in Chapter 2.
・New stages in Chapter 3.
・16 new weapons and Skills.
・5 new weapons, Skills and materials from Monster Girls.
(Thief, Lady Fencer, Priestess, Angel, Succubus)
・10 new accessories.
・7 new items.
・5 new materials.
・3 new map objects: Melting station, scrapper, mysterious statue.
・23 new memories. (Some of which can be obtained through chapters 1 and 2)

Balance Adjustments:
・Scraps from broken weapons will now have Tenacity, Magic and Skills based on the original weapon.
eg.
A weapon with a Tenacity of 12 and a Magic of 8 can have a scrap with a maximum Tenacity of 4 and a maximum Magic of 3.
A weapon with its own Skill on Lv3 can have a scrap with its own Skill on Lv2 max.
Additional Skills may inherit onto scraps as well.

・Adjustments on Cursed Armor:
> HP slightly decreased.
> Threshold to go into Break mode slightly lowered.
> Damage taken from player's Cursed Sword attack increased.
> Damage dealt for charged attacks in 1st phase increased.

・Accessories might now have additional attributes when first shown on map.
・When afflicted with Blind, characters will now have a 30% increase in taking critical damage.
・Turns duration for player when afflicted with debuffs adjusted, mostly based on enemy levels.
・Monster Girls summoned through Rock of Chaos etc. will now not duplicate, except when the ones summonable are all on map.
・Mechanics for Rock of Chaos adjusted so you won't have to face waves of enemies when the previous ones are not cleaned out yet.
・Entering Endless Mode will now temporarily deactivate all your upgrades from Doroelle's Soul Imprint, reactivating upon leaving.
・New Soul Imprint added exclusively for Endless Mode.

Other Changes:
・Title screen BGM changed to something ORIGINAL for our game.
・Title call now randomly features the main characters you've unlocked in the base.
・Floor indications are now available for Labyrinths as well, showing you where and how deep you are.
・Enemies will now show expression bubbles and alerts when they found you.
・When afflicted with buffs and debuffs, you can now see how many more turns will each condition last.
・Endless Mode will now be unlocked after entering Chapter 3.
・Improve some enemy sprites.
・Visual improvements to the CRAP that we can't remember what we have done.

Bug Fix:
・Fixed the bug that being afflicted with Blind outside the Labyrinth won't have any effect.
・Fixed the bug that probability of inflicting debuffs will ignore Boss resistance.
・Fixed the environment logic for Cursed Armor's wall-breaking attacks.
・Fixed the bug that specific actions (like creating weapons) could ignore the debuffs you are afflicted with. (like Slow)
・Fixed the bug that under specific conditions, leaving Journal menu will cause the game to crash.
・Fixed the bug that being afflicted with Drain might cause the game to crash.
・Fixed several English translations. (You get the point by now)
・Other miscellaneous fixes.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
New update: 0.43

The new build is here! This time it's mainly a huge balancing patch.
And I mean HUGE.
Also there's a little bit of new stuff for you to read! YEAH!! THE LORE!!!
Anyways, nothing too excited today, but we still hope you would enjoy!
Scroll down for detailed update log!

Producer Corner:

Hello, everyone. As always, thank you for all your support.
In this update, we added some hints throughout the game, and rebalanced the new boss battle.
I will still address that the rebalance WILL NOT make it easier to simply plow through.
Please utilize all your actions, and you should have a higher chance of defeating the boss.
That being said, I still have some other things to add, which will be out in the later updates.

Also, thank you for reporting all sorts of bugs. I have tried to resolve most of them.

On an unrelated note, I finally changed my desk to a height-adjustable one, stopping me from sitting too long. Here's to hope my back won't hurt so much in the future.
If anything goes well, we'll be resuming our regular updates for new Monster Girls! Please stay tuned!

FULL UPDATE LOG

New Content:

・New Memories for Monster Girls: Memories of Succubus
・1 new random Memory.
・2 new entries in the Forging Journal, both can be read in the Forging Journal B.
・Temporary save feature implemented. You can now save at the church by "talking" to the diary.

Balance Adjustments:

・Adjustments on the 2nd boss:
> Weakness added for feet, with visual aid which elements are their weaknesses.
> Frequency of using the beam attack decreased.
> Frequency of all other attacks except for summoning increased.
> When its beam attack hits OTHER ENEMIES, the damage now doubles.
> Enemies summoned will have more variety, with weaker enemies possibly appearing.
> Broken Metal Scrap and Magic Stone will no longer be thrown by the boss. Additionaly, the chance of potions thrown to break is decreased.

・Adjustments on forging and Skills:
> Black Veil: Chance to cause Blind increased. SP and Durability cost decreased. Damage decreased.
> Cyclone: Damage increased.
> Valiant Slash: Damage and stat increment when leveling up increased.
> Wildrush: Durability cost decreased.
> Water Blade: SP cost increment when leveling up decreased.
> Instant Strike: SP cost increased.
> Shadowkill: Damage and Critical chance decreased.
> Charging Slash: Damage decreased.
> Transpierce: Stat increment when leveling up decreased.
> Cutthroat: Stat increment when leveling up decreased.
> Forging Poison Fang will now grant the weapon Jump Strike.
> Forging Flame Rapier or Noble Rapier will now grant the weapon Dash Strike.
> Forging Pickaxe will now grant the weapon Hit And Run.
> When forging or enhancing weapons with element damage, the Magic in selected materials will now only affect the elements ALREADY in the weapons, and won't create new elements.
(Added effect will still work)
> Forging, enhancing or enchanting using items with the added effect "???????" will now have a chance to grant items with rare added effects.
> Normal enchant stations will now grant "Max HP," "Max SP" and "Base Block Rate" instead of "HP Recover Amount," "SP Recover Amount" and "Block Rate Accumulation." Effect increased.

・Now after defeating bosses, all weapons, accessories and scraps on the map will automatically go to your inventory.
・??? will now appear only after 22F of Endless Mode.
・Damage from thrown materials increased.
・Damage from thrown wepaons increased. Critical Rate will now also affect their throwing damage.
・Element Defense adjusted for various enemies.
・HP decreased for various ranged enemies.
・HP and attack decreased for Cap-type enemies.
・Range for Exp. Weapon Type-S decreased by 1.
・Formula for extra materials provided by the scrapper revised.

Other Changes:

・During boss battles, the camera will now pan towards the Horizon Light when it first appears on the map.
・Accessible maps in the Safehouse will now have arrows for indication.
・When using target-locking Skills, you can now change between your target diagonally.
・Rules for acquiring random Memories revised.
・Defeating objects that can't move like treasure chests or barrels will now not grant you Memories.
・Various visual improvements.

Bug Fix:

・Fixed the bug that after entering the Journal menu during boss battles, moving will cause the game to crash.
・Fixed the bug that after reading the Forging Journal in the church and triggering the H-Scene, progress in the Safehouse will temporary rewind back to Chapter 2.
(We have received reports that triggering Skewer's H-Scene will also spawn this issue, but the cause is unknown.
If you encounter this issue, please go into the Dungeon and come back once.)
・Fixed the bug that enemies dying of poison after attacking will cause the game to softlock.
・Fixed the bug that Ore Pile will disappear when sent flying.
・Fixed the bug that enemies will sometimes mysteriously die after using Soul Drop.
・Fixed the bug that entering Endless Mode with items which increase Max Carrying Weight equipped will cause your original Max Carrying Weight to decrease.
・Fixed the bug that dying when using Skills will cause the game to softlock.
・Other miscellaneous fixes.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
・Adjustments on the 2nd boss:
> Weakness added for feet, with visual aid
This line made my day :ROFLMAO: Naughty Ooparts!

What's this? (???)
Just my random guess, but possibly the next girl, 赫爾/Hel. 1627499781765.png (edit: nope :cry:)
She was almost done (dialogue, sounds, etc.) and was "only" missing her graphics/animation.

I'll still wait for the next build; with any luck it'll come out sooner than this one. Progress isn't fast, but it's good, uncompromising work so far.
Looking forward the full thing!

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
All the skill changes are good.
Skills felt very underwhelming even with the skill upgrade system.

2nd boss changes are also good. That thing's summoning ability really made the fight luck of the draw. If it summoned lamia and vampire you'd most likely get downed. Considering how far you had to walk even with haste to each leg, that boss's difficulty wasn't even the boss itself but the reinforcement gatcha.

2nd Bossfight's cake if you use the maid uchigatana's warp strike ability, and pump it full of element stat boosters.

Last edited: