What's new

RPG Patreon Ci-En Fantia RPG Maker [Ason] 蒼キ光と魔剣の鍛冶師 / The Shimmering Horizon and Cursed Blacksmith

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Is it just me or have the game difficulty increases a bit?
I haven't been playing for a while, but I do remember that I could waltz through the mobs until the first boss fight. But in this recent updates, I kept getting dominated by the Oni girl almost on every encounter, heck she even spam me her skills three-four time straight. Focus potion helped only a little, but if I didn't have a slow potion ready, I almost can't get past the 3rd floor because of her.
I know I'm being one with the noobs and all, but I honestly love this game. It's just that somehow the difficulty makes me rethink whether to play this game, or just do whatever else.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Is it just me or have the game difficulty increases a bit?
I haven't been playing for a while, but I do remember that I could waltz through the mobs until the first boss fight. But in this recent updates, I kept getting dominated by the Oni girl almost on every encounter, heck she even spam me her skills three-four time straight. Focus potion helped only a little, but if I didn't have a slow potion ready, I almost can't get past the 3rd floor because of her.
I know I'm being one with the noobs and all, but I honestly love this game. It's just that somehow the difficulty makes me rethink whether to play this game, or just do whatever else.
Elite enemies got buffed, but weapon enchantments also got buffed.
If the elite enemies stayed the same, then you wouldn't experience the adult element at all.

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Then I guess I have to get you used to her seeing me off with a bang.
I never noticed that weapon skills can now level up by stacking same weapon essence, that's great.
Also, what's with 6% life-steal? You took and dealt like 18-40 damage per hit, 6% is like ....1 or 2? The concept is great, but I don't see 6% as being balanced for this type of genre. I'd say 8~18% when combo'ed with a high counter, 10~25% for a standalone?

This is just a suggestion, but if by any chance the game would come with a difficulty setting, the few most notable notes would be these?:
Equipment max durability +%,
Chance of material drops +%,
Experience growth rate +%,
Regeneration/Block effect +%,
Abnormal status resist +%.

Anyway, all in all, this is a great game. Though if the MC a female, I would love to slowly corrupt her with the many sexual traits as a horny virgin, but that's just me.

Ivris

Lurker
Reputation score
This is just a suggestion, but if by any chance the game would come with a difficulty setting, the few most notable notes would be these?:
Equipment max durability +%,
Chance of material drops +%,
Experience growth rate +%,
Regeneration/Block effect +%,
Abnormal status resist +%.
I second this suggestion. Difficulty settings would be nice to have.
Other notes I would also suggest that difficulty settings may or may not change would be:
- Damage dealt/taken would increase/decrease based off difficulty
- Base Rate of Erosion increases/decreases based off difficulty

Reputation score
There's been no updates in this thread for almost a year? Time to remedy that. Ason in which their Ci-en supporters can choose between two enemies to appear in the game: Arachne
1656925265236.png

and High Slime.
1656925293188.png

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
There's been no updates in this thread for almost a year? Time to remedy that. Ason in which their Ci-en supporters can choose between two enemies to appear in the game: Arachne
View attachment 44657

and High Slime.
View attachment 44658
I think discussion on this site has pretty much died...
Most people have moved over to various discords sadly.

No one's talking about the new circle teckua content or even Shiro No Yakata content either which is pretty nuts to me.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Seems like the amount of ecchi dev content has shrunk over the years in general. More and more titles in the works, nothing to be shown for it-- and I'm sure it boils down to there not being too much new talent on that regard. We don't get new devs like Kyrieru these days-- mostly just kock-offs that get rightfully burnt out considering how toxic the demands have become lately, or seeing other circles' works and getting a sense of infidelity.
All that being what I've noticed when talking to a couple of them, of course-- they really seem crushed by life around them. Artists have it more rough than I give them creidit for.

Nyannator

Reputation score
Seems like the amount of ecchi dev content has shrunk over the years in general. More and more titles in the works, nothing to be shown for it-- and I'm sure it boils down to there not being too much new talent on that regard. We don't get new devs like Kyrieru these days-- mostly just kock-offs that get rightfully burnt out considering how toxic the demands have become lately, or seeing other circles' works and getting a sense of infidelity.
All that being what I've noticed when talking to a couple of them, of course-- they really seem crushed by life around them. Artists have it more rough than I give them creidit for.
Just to add-on to that, as a lurker, there just seems to be a lack of new blood, new ideas to replace the old guard. What is there to talk about? The same rehashed RPG maker MX games? The latest pixel adventure game from Diesel Mine? There just hasn't been anything since that monster girl boom that happened thanks to MGQ.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
IRL obligations are taxing as shit.
Legit was out of work when I started my game, and had a 6 month timeframe... It's been close to 2 years now... jesus. All because of starting a normal IRL job and dealing with family obligations as well.

I think there's tons of Monster Girl games being made still btw.

They're just not being translated. Bar for quality is also a bit higher making dev times longer.

Reputation score

No one's talking about the new circle teckua content or even Shiro No Yakata content either which is pretty nuts to me.
I sometimes get that impression as well. I previously posted about news for MGQ Paradox, a relatively popular game, and it took almost three months to even get a like on that post (and so far no actual replies).

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Dev's been slow, so there's not much to say. I dunno why they're so hell-bent on voice acting.

When they announce a release date, we might have more to chew on. They added very few girls, the game itself is getting real slow with huge maps with too many active enemies, the last boss is not interesting and more boring than the first two...
There's not much point posting when I can't sound much more optimistic than this.

Well, still a quality game coming out for sure; I guess my expectations were set a bit too high after their great start.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
People link their disc accs to H-game discussions? Sounds bizarre to me, I don't see the appeal in trying to keep up with live chat about stuff and releases you can easily lose track of. Unless they make a million different tabs and folders to keep track of every individual game. Like fine, I can get it for personal dev discords so you get content towards one particular game the moment it's done, but otherwise forums just make more sense for this kind of game dev stuff.

Plus it takes longer for people to say things which means they have to spend more time thinking about what they want to say, along with standards being maintained like frowning upon link beggers and horndogs, things moderators in other places could be unreliable to do anything about.

To be fair there's not a great deal to talk about. A lot of time in the last 4 months has been spent mostly on dicking around with light sources.
Additionally there's been a couple new girls, some minor npcs, the biggest deal being the whole new map but even then that's just tilesets stacked around to make the appropriate shapes in the engine... this is what he's managed in a quarter's time.

Besides, would rather watch out for progress on Quail and Dieselmine's (more interesting) projects.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
People link their disc accs to H-game discussions?
The desktop version of Discord allows you to easily swap between accounts.
So you can have separate accounts for different things.

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I haven't been playing for awhile now, last after I defeated the first boss, the girl join. So, aside from her normal dialogues, does she provide any in-game incentives?
I mean, like since the MC can forge his own weapons with Forging levels, why not give the girl companion to craft Accessory (like the ring, since accessories are rare) instead? And with Crafting levels to increase it's base values and durability.
Or like, companion that can trade Souls for Consumables?

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I haven't been playing for awhile now, last after I defeated the first boss, the girl join. So, aside from her normal dialogues, does she provide any in-game incentives?
I mean, like since the MC can forge his own weapons with Forging levels, why not give the girl companion to craft Accessory (like the ring, since accessories are rare) instead? And with Crafting levels to increase it's base values and durability.
Or like, companion that can trade Souls for Consumables?
The girls that join you are helpful yes.
The first girl to join you is Rezia. She's helpful in that she can make potions.
Early game potions don't have very interesting affects, but these mid-game potions are super interesting. She can make them.

The second girl that joins you sets up a shop. You can use any leftover fragments to buy various goods.

The third girl that joins you is another blacksmith. She pushes the story forward a lot, and you can leave weapons you like with her while you dive, and she'll restore them.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It's been 3 years since development of this game started. I only hope it gets completed that I may purchase it.

Reputation score
Demo V0.82 is out:

FULL UPDATE LOG / 更新內容一覽

New Content:

★ New main character for Chapter 5: Stanga
(VA: )
★New H-Event for Rezia, Skewer and Stanga.
・Background added for several H-Event for main characters.
(ALL H-Event for main characters are scheduled to have backgrounds)
・New CG added to Rezia's event in Chapter 2.
・26 new life-changing advices from Doroelle, from battle hints to boss walkthroughs.

★ New Monster Girls added to the Labyrinth:
Hive Slime (VA: )
Succubus Queen (VA: )
Sage (VA: )
Valkyrie (VA: )
Commander (VA: )
Zombie (VA: Hotaru Kamiari)

★ Difficulty Selection added.
You can now choose between EASY MODE and NORMAL MODE when starting a new game.
Difficulty settings are still in development, and is subjected to change in future versions.
Please note that currently you CANNOT change the difficulty in-game.

★ New Boss in Chapter 4.
★ New stages in Chapter 5.
・16 new weapons and Skills.
・6 new weapons, Skills and materials from Monster Girls.
(Hive Slime, Succubus Queen, Sage, Valkyrie, Commander, Zombie)
・14 new accessories.
・12 new items.
・5 new materials.
・18 new memories.
・2 new map objects.

Balance Adjustments:

・Adjustments on Skills:
> Flame Strike: Skill redesigned with new attributes.
> Snake's Gaze: Area changed. SP cost increased.
> Cyclone: Changed to multi-hit. Damage increased.
> Vigor Uplift: Duration and Durability cost increased. SP cost when leveling up decreased.
> Windrush Armor: SP cost increased. Duration during low level increased.
> Shadowdash: Damage increased. Durability cost decreased.
> Avalanche Crash: Damageincreased. Jump distance will now increase when leveling up. Decrease in Durability when in max level cancelled.
> Jump Strike: Damage when leveling up increased. Durability cost and SP cost will now increase when leveling up.
> Cutthroat: Chance to inflict Mute decreased.
> Burst Strike: Chance to inflict Stun decreased. Duration and Durability cost when leveling up tweaked.
> Burning Cross: SP cost and Durability cost when leveling up increased.
> Strike Of Fury, Purple Star Meteorite: SP cost increased.
> Chilling Attack: Damage type changed to Weapon Damage. Damagedecreased. Chance to inflict Drain.
> Hit And Run: Prediction added. You now can' t use this Skill to jump over walls and obstacles.
> Burn Strike: Damage increased.
> Gliding Shot: Damage increased. SP cost decreased.
> Marine Slash: SP cost decreased. Damage when leveling up increased.
> Valiant Slash: SP cost decreased. Damage when leveling up increased. Chance to inflict Stun increased.
> Lightning Shower: Damage when leveling up decreased. SP cost and Durability cost increased.
> Tornado Strike: SP cost and Durability cost increased. Damage when leveling up decreased.
> Potion Propulsion: Chance to inflict status ailments when leveling up decreased.
> Hypnosis: Chance to inflict status ailments decreased. SP cost when in max level increased. Decrease in Durability when in max level cancelled.
> Ice Arrow, Ice Arrow, Thunderflash, Tornado Blade: SP cost increased.
> Dark Shield, Aqua Shield, Wind Spirit Shield, Fire Charge, Lightning Charge, Flood Convergence, Cyclone Charge: Duration decreased. SP cost when leveling up increased.
> Cursed Sword Charge: Damage increased. Erosion cost decreased.
> Cursed Sword Armor: Damage increased. You now won' t cost extra Erosion when attacking.

・Adjustments on items:
> Poison Fang: Requirement for forging changed to the following: Tenacity 7, Magic 4. Original chance to inflict Poison increased to 25%. Original Durability increased to 28.
> Flame Hunting Knife: Requirement for forging changed to the following: Magic 5.
> Strengthening Stone: Requirement for forging changed to the following: Tenacity 2, Magic 9.
> Magic Stone: Requirement for forging changed to the following: Magic 3.
>Magic Crystal: Requirement for forging changed to the following: Magic 7.
> Pitcher's Ring: Additional effect added: Damage throwing weapons & materials +10%.
(No effect on your previously obtained accessories)
> Beast Claw Necklace, Church Necklace, Windtalker Earrings, Thermal Bracelet: Original effects buffed.
> Potions and ores regarding status ailments: Additional effects tweaked.
> Elemental stones: Damage when used directly increased.

・Increase/decrease for HP an SP every turn when inflicted with Excited, Drain and Regeneration changed to 5% of respective max value.
・Excited state will now regenerate 3 additional SP.
・Defense influence when inflicted with Fragile nerfed.
・You will now receive more critical damage when inflicted with Blind.
・Poison will now stack and will do more damage than normal.
・You now can' t target Hidden targets when using targeting Skills.
・Weapons thrown and hit will now drop at 1 tile near the target, and will now avoid dropping towards holes.
・Collision will now deal Physical Damage.
・Collision damage dealt by knockback will now scale depending on how far you are originally supposed to be knocked back.
・Random knockback tweaked.
・Weapons and accessories obtaining the effect to increased element projectiles fired will now also obtain the effect to cost HP upon firing element projectiles.
・Heal amount by Monks increased.
・Fire resistance for Fire Bat increased.
・Explosive resistance for Alchemist increased.
・HP for Icicle on Ground increased.
・Enemies that are hit by Larva Shadow will now not target Larva Shadow.
・Residual elements will now not affect Bosses' breaking point, only damaging them.
・After enemies are defeated by Poison, collision or residual elements, the player will receive EXP as long as the above damage is dealt by them.
・Enemies will not take damage from residual elements when the player is downed.
・Damage for weapons will now be scaled by their Mass.
・Materials dropped when using the Scrapper tweaked.
・Defense added to accessories through Enchantment Pedestals decreased.
・All attributes added to accessories through Special Enchantment Pedestal decreased.
・Outposts will now not contain Soul Drops.
・You will now have a lower chance of receiving Soul Drops if you have more Soul Drops in possession, whether in your inventory or in the Storage.

Other Changes:

★ Engine changed to electron 19.1.9.
(It is known that PCs not meeting the requirements will experience unexpected errors. If that happens to you, please download the old engine data and overwrite it to your game directory, and notify us about your issues if possible.)

・Rezia' s Storage expansion will now expand your storage by 10 instead of 5 every time.
・Requirements for Rezia' s errand in Chapter 2 decreased to 25 Tenacity. You now can' t give Rezia more materials once her requirements drop below 0.
・You can now hear Shanoa' s working voice when you are near her maintaining your weapons.
・Animation added to the title screen.
・Map quality improved in Outposts in Corridor of Sorrow and Dim Castle Ruin.
・Miscellaneous visual improvements.

Bug Fix:

・Fixed the bug where using Force skipping will cause the Live2D animations to malfunction.
・Fixed the bug where certain Skills activated by enemies will cause the game to softlock.
・Fixed the bug where certain jump Skills have wrong prediction.
・Fixed the bug where under certain conditions, putting accessories in the Storage and then activating Skills will cause the game to crash.
・Fixed the bug where defeating enemies by throwing weapons using Precision Throwing will cause the game to crash.
・Fixed the bug where potions shot from Potion Propulsion won' t have the same chance to inflict status ailments and duration as the Skill description.
・Fixed the bug where the additional effects having a chance to inflict status ailments for your weapons and accessories will also apply when throwing weapons and materials.
・Fixed the bug where Sword Maiden will still be knocked back in Super Armor state.
・Fixed the bug where when Commander is defeated by status ailments while airborne, the game would softlock.
・Fixed the bug where after activating the additional effect to recover HP when downed, you won' t be knocked back until you are downed again.
・Fixed the bug where you could not adjust direction after selecting a targeting Skill and not select a target.
・Fixed the bug where you can take more than 1 Explosive in the tutorial stage.
・Fixed the bug where you can open the menu while recovering from struggling.
・Other miscellaneous fixes.