What's new

RPG Patreon Ci-En Fantia RPG Maker [Ason] 蒼キ光と魔剣の鍛冶師 / The Shimmering Horizon and Cursed Blacksmith

TheImmortalKite

Reputation score
I will fully admit to having the worst luck when it comes to the portals. If they are not in the room with me, they will be the 2nd last or last room of the floor. Gonna spend a bit of time tomorrow gathering up soul drops and then just go as deep as I can. Last attempt was about 20 floors down but the scepter broke...

stalkkaajasi

Reputation score
anyone have some good forging guides for this game I just started and dont want to waste my materials

Ranos

Reputation score
anyone have some good forging guides for this game I just started and dont want to waste my materials
Well,the problem with guides is that most of the time, forging ends up being pretty random. There are special materials dropped from the monster girls that can guarantee a specific weapon,most of them being pretty powerful, but in general, i find that a combination of iron ore + magic ore + some other decent ore or magic stone = pretty decent weapon with good durability (though heavy). I then load it up with as much elemental stones as i can, and use that to smash through most of the enemies you run into.

I wouldn't worry too much about wasting materials,you get PLENTY just going through the dungeon. Most of the time i have too MUCH materials,and would probably consider a more aggressive throwing weapon playstyle. But i actually prefer to play it safe,and lure dangerous mobs/monster girls into a narrow hallway and take them out one by one.

Oh,and always carry a sleep/confusion for emergency "oh shit i'm in a room with 3 monster girls or more" moments, and maybe a health potion. Always try not to end up surrounded by more than 3 monsters if you can.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
There are no wastes.
The heavier the material used to make the weapon, the more powerful the weapon. You can enchant weapons with progressively stronger ores to get higher base stats, or enchant them with status effects afterwards.

It literally doesn't matter what your final weapon turns out to be. You can make do as long as you're managing your inventory space properly and upgrading the weapons.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score

Download:

-------------------------------
Dungeon / Battle Update:
• New monster girls: Elven Archer (CV: ), Elven Fighter. (CV: )
• First ever boss added.
• New minions.
• New Soul Imprint options for Chapter 2.
(Activated after beating first boss)
• New weapons and skills (17 total)
• 5 new items, 3 new materials, 5 new special materials
• Accessory System and 9 accessories added.
(Remember to explore the dungeon for silver treasure box ;))
• MC’s attack will no longer increase after leveling up
• “Resistance” will come into effect now.
Other than MC, some stronger enemies and minions also have “ Resistance.”
Take caution, stronger enemies may not be affected by debuffs.
• From now on if enemies kills other enemies, they would level up. Different monster girls in different dungeon floor would have different staring level as well.
• Forging system adjustment.
You can now confirm enhancing your weapons with less materials by pressing C key.
Story Update:
• Chapter 2 story added, and new character Rezia added.
(She doesn’t have H-scenes yet, but it will be added in the next chapter)
• New Doroelle H-Scene
•There will be chances for triggered H-Scenes for main character to be triggered again
• New monster memory: Elven Archer, Elven Fighter.
(Serpentess / Lamia and Vampiress’ memories are still in progress, they will be added in future updates.)
• Forging Journal added, players can understand more about forging from them.
• Doroelle’s advice added. She would give you advices when you are defeated.
Control Update and Miscellaneous:
• Key changes: diagonal walking assist change to V Key, staying in place change to “Press C Key then Press X Key”
• Added “Skip”: Pressing Ctrl and speed up the game, and also skip dialogs.
(Using this function on Boss animations and Live2D animation would trigger some bugs and glitches, please be cautious.)
• Voice actress changes:
Doroelle, Sword Maiden (CV: ), Serpentess / Lamia ( CV: )
• Subtitle added for H-Scenes
• Text Edits for Mandarin, English, and Japanese
※ If you want to use your previous saves for this update, please go to the church and save first, and then move your save to the new demo version.
※ We are using the old engine for this demo for technical reasons. Some performance drop is expected.

Sorry for keeping y’all waiting, but the new demo is finally here!
The main content updated were the new stories, the long awaited Accessory System, and the first boss. There are new stuffs we were trying, and so it took us a bit of time to figure things out.
As we mentioned before, we weren’t being efficient in communicating with voice actresses, and their availability at the time were quite full. This has resulted in us having to find new voice actresses, and we hope you can understand the hardship we’ve been through.
There are still a lot of stuff we need to tweak, and they will be made perfect in future.
We will post another news update in a few days to explain our current condition, and our future plan.
Please let us know if there is any bugs, thanks again for supporting us!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm downloading it now!

Can't wait to play. I'll respond with my opinion of the game.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
• MC’s attack will no longer increase after leveling up

Uh oh.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
OK so I just finished the newest demo.
@Ason_oaneashi
You guys have really outdone yourselves.

There are a few bugs here and there, but I'll message you on Patreon for that.

Here, I just want to give my opinion on the new content!

To start off, I love the new voice actors. They do a fantastic job. Doroelle now sounds a bit more like a woman instead of a child. She's still cool, stoic and gives off that mysterious feeling, and I've never had a problem with any of the monsters. The new heroine Rezia is also great. I was very surprised at how active she was. She really changed things around the church and felt like a very active person. The way her lines are delivered also give a completely different feel from Doroelle. It was great.

Gameplay:
I really like the fact that getting up from using Dark Sword doesn't heal you back to full health. I don't know if this is a recent change or not, but it really makes it risky to get taken down around human opponents.
I do think that you give a little bit too many materials though. Especially in the later parts of the dungeon where there are destructible trash piles lying around. This on top of the traps makes the dungeon feel very messy. I don't mind it too much personally but it's quite a lot.
I'm not happy that accessory durability drops whenever damage happens. Poison makes accessory durability drop, getting hit in the middle of sex makes accessory durability drop, blocking attacks makes accessory durability drop. I think it should only drop when you take a hit while standing.
Speaking of accessories. I like the addition. It's something to look forward to when it comes to loot in the dungeon. Especially the ring of lifting XD. I love that ring and almost cried when it broke.

I can't talk about gameplay without mentioning the boss. I was honestly surprised. It was huge, and the cutscene leading up to it made it feel intimidating. I also didn't expect for it to have such large area of effect attacks. It was a really interesting boss. I even lost the first time attempted it. Second time, I knew that mobility and AOE would be super important so I made sure I had a knife, bastard sword, and rapier to help block attacks. Kinda wish I could re-fight it XD. Very fun battle. I especially love the summon stones!

Regarding Crafting, I really appreciate the documents. Mass is for the weight of the weapon, tenacity is for sharpness, and I'm assuming magic is for magic. I've got the hang of getting the kind of weapons I want now. Low mass, low tenacity and high magic probably means a scepter, and so on and so forth. I'm a little disappointed in the later weapons though. The ebony sword, and the bastard sword both have fantastic AOE attacks, but all the later, more powerful weapons are single target. Even the later monster weapons like the Maid's Uchigatana and Lamia's Scepter, and Vampire's Knife are all single target. Late game though you have tons of enemies to fight. I know I can just inherit old abilities, but I feel like it's such a waste of an enhancement slot XD. Well that's just my opinion on the new weapons.

Eroticness:
I feel your animator is doing a fantastic job. Elf archer's paizuri 69 scene was really a highlight and I really liked how different it felt from the other scenes.
The new animations are great, the sounds really play off the eroticness well, and the voice acting is really immersive. The subtitles don't cover the action too much either.

I love the fact that Doroelle's scene can repeat at random. I just opened the game and pressed Continue, and boom, Doroelle's scene. It was very sexy. I was wondering if the chance of it happening drops after you see it though?
After Doroelle's scene repeat once I never got it to repeat again. Maybe I'm just unlucky or the chance of it happening is too low XD.

EDIT: Yeah, I think I was just unlucky. I just rebooted the game, teleported to the ancient city ruins, and took the bell and repeated. It happened 2/3 times so that's a really high probability I think. I don't know what the modifiers behind the hood are, maybe it happens more at lower corruption or something because the last time I played it only happened once. I could've just gotten unlucky though.

I don't know if this is recent or not, but I also feel like the game's more erotic now since getting up and using Dark Sword doesn't restore you to full health. It means you have a good chance of being downed consecutively. I still had to go and get purposefully downed by the new enemies to see their scenes, so in my opinion the chance of erotic elements happening in the game are still a bit too low, but if this is your game structure there's not much you can do about it now besides changing game balance when it comes to difficulty.

Doroelle's scene repeating and the Dark Sword health change increased the eroticness of the game considerably.

Other:
I really like the music in the newest location. Your song choice has always been good though. I know that these aren't original pieces but I doubt I'll be able to think of any other game besides Cursed Blacksmith if I hear the music.

Last edited:
OP
Ason_oaneashi

Ason_oaneashi

Reputation score
Initial thoughts: Just as I had hoped on almost all the gameplay and mation areas. Pretty easy game to pickup, and there's enough variety in the weapons that I love to just meander through the maze making things.

Thanks to the arena, I found (to me at least) a disappointing tendency. If you get knocked down and there are more than 2 enemies close by, two of them will very quickly monopolize the grapples. when they are initially setting up, you might get a third who gets one grab, but after that those two are off to the races. Tested this in the tutorial area, and the two oni just took turns, even with the rest of the group there.

Update: It appears to be caused by having minor enemies attacking, and the positions of enemies in the turn order. I think I had an issue like this during my RPG maker vx days, and I KNOW that Queen amongst Vixens had an issue like this, capping the enemies you could fight at once at two.
Thanks for playing, we hope you liked it. We do know that issue, and we are finding a way to fix it.

will be kinda interesting to see though if we get a system that allows us to skip certain areas once we progressed passed them. Might be my nature that i am most of time not that into rougue concepts but i think having to beat 4-5 dungeons per "area" we could end up having around 30+ dungeons to get through. not saying i dont like a hgame that delivers on the game part, i just think that it would be rather beneficial to cut unnecessary loops. IMO the Starting bonus unlocks you get through dorelle are certanly a step towards this but i dont think that statt improvements alone would be enough - maybe adding another shortcut type in the dungeon once you beat the boss would help.

but like i said - not much of a rougue type gamer, take everything here with a pinch of salt.
(And maybe the devs already thought of something but had others priorities sofar - would make sense since we are not having all the content, thus seeing all the implemented areas is easier to achieve)
Yes, there will be a way to skip some part of dungeon, you might not be able to get the the exact floor you want, but you won't need to start from floor 1 every single time!

I'm hyped for the subtitles
Get HYYYYYPE. Lol but yeah, it’s there now! There might be some typos though, let us know if you caught any. It’s mostly my fault… too many text to translate, and it takes a bit of thinking. It’s quite challenging to get the context right, and close to the original text at the same time, you know? I can’t just pull stuffs out of nowhere…

Teehee. Gotta utilize everything!

OK so I just finished the newest demo.
You guys have really outdone yourselves.
There are a few bugs here and there, but I'll message you on Patreon for that.
Hey thanks for posting our updates and kept giving us feedbacks, it’s much appreciated! We’ve been busy at work, and doesn’t have the extra hand to manage other threads.

“To start off, I love the new voice actors. They do a fantastic job. Doroelle now sounds a bit more like a woman instead of a child.”
Glad to hear, but many others actually really don’t like the new voice… Most of them are in Asian countries though… We think it’s because they also understand Japanese, and they’ve been watching most of anime in Japanese so they are very used to a cute character having a child like voice. It took us a while to get used to the new voice as well. If you see our latest Patreon post, which was written by our producer, you would know why we had to change the voice. here is a link for it:

For all the gameplay optimization you mentioned, we do know them, and we do have plan to fix them as well, you can find the same info in the post mentioned above.
For Weapons, there will be more coming in future. And I might actually be the one, english translator / game designer, personally creating them. So just hang on tight, new ones are in the work.

“I feel your animator is doing a fantastic job.”
Our artists are working their ass off I tell ya. They not only have overtime at their day job, but also working into late night for this game.
I’m not sure if the game is more erotic on purpose, but our producer was trying to make the game more challenging for sure.
A lot of people are actually saying it’s too hard now, and some of them also sending us really negative messages or even threats asking for easy mode so they can jerk off more peacefully.
We will definitely work on more balancing in future.

“I really like the music in the newest location. Your song choice has always been good though. I know that these aren't original pieces but I doubt I'll be able to think of any other game besides Cursed Blacksmith if I hear the music.”
Yeah, our producer did spend quite a bit of time to avoid the same music other games are using. It does take time though.

We actually really like visiting this thread so far. As you guys are really friendly and giving constructive feedbacks. Unlike other platforms, some people are really negative, and they demand features with threats. Internet is hard… We will still check back here once in a while, and as always, thank you guys for supporting!

J01101

Reputation score
The new demo is super fun, you guys did an amazing job! The floor boss was especially exciting, I really liked how it made you play differently than normal and plan a few steps ahead.

anon52

Reputation score
@Ason_oaneashi
Thanks for the feedback - yeah i already noticed the new shortcut system after beating the boss.
Concerning being positive, i can relate to your Problems as i have a background concerning Programming myself and it drag you down if people start picking things apart without fully understanding the workload - espiacially if its not your Daily job. It really helps though that you guys are always communicating even if its not the "happy new version". So be confident in your Creation as it is easily a Game praiseworthy for its ambition alone in this rather flooded with generic titles market. (heck i have seen far worse non-h "games" that want to be considered "completed" as this latest demo...)

Anyway enjoy your break.

OP
Ason_oaneashi

Ason_oaneashi

Reputation score
@J01101 Glad you liked it. There will be more optimization coming!

@Ason_oaneashi
It really helps though that you guys are always communicating even if its not the "happy new version". So be confident in your Creation as it is easily a Game praiseworthy for its ambition alone in this rather flooded with generic titles market. (heck i have seen far worse non-h "games" that want to be considered "completed" as this latest demo...)

Anyway enjoy your break.
Yeah, we will do our best not to be like those games. There were time that our producer / programmer was almost giving up, and wanted to just make the game into one of those low quality no story static CG H-game. We are glad we pulled through.

We are taking break just yet. We are still preparing for an anime exhibition in late August called Fancy Frontier. And we need to make a shorter exhibition version demo, a new promo video, and some post we will be posting in August. The break would probably come after that.

TheImmortalKite

Reputation score
Your newest update fixed the turn bug. You madmen. I'd shake your hand if I could find you! Great work on the update!

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Okay, I think everybody's talked about the difficulty of the new boss, but...

...that's the first boss? That thing takes my lunch money every time I fight it.

Oh, also. If nobody mentioned already, the second time I fought it, for some reason was tiny. I have no idea why.

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Okay, I think everybody's talked about the difficulty of the new boss, but...

...that's the first boss? That thing takes my lunch money every time I fight it.

Oh, also. If nobody mentioned already, the second time I fought it, for some reason was tiny. I have no idea why.
It's so easy though...
Are you blacksmithing?
The game's called the cursed blacksmith... difficulty's more dependent on how good of a blacksmith you are then anything else.

You can kill that guy without being downed once. First time fighting it though, I can see you losing as you don't know what to expect.

Fenko_I

Lurker
Reputation score
Boss has a weakness, you can build an appropriate weapon against him and exploit it

or

you can do what I did, craft an amazon axe for pure damage numbers and smack him silly.

Ason, I can't wait for the new waifu H-scene

btw, any chance you can hint on what other potential waifu's we'll get? I saw that waifu section in the memory room, it looks like we're going to get quite a lot of them surprisingly?

Can I get a Ninja girl waifu? please Ason, give me ninja waifu k thx bb love u 2.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
It's so easy though...
Are you blacksmithing?
The game's called the cursed blacksmith... difficulty's more dependent on how good of a blacksmith you are then anything else.

You can kill that guy without being downed once. First time fighting it though, I can see you losing as you don't know what to expect.
Really? If I didn't smith weapons I would be fighting through every monster unarmed. I wouldn't even see the boss...

But uh, no. It feels like a huge jump in difficulty compared to all the dungeons, with spawners spamming 8 minions together every 10 or so turns, and they're tanky as hell.
The boss himself isn't so bad but often he'll do attacks you can't run away from at the time. Or the army of elite monsters spam their abilities consisting of AOE and auto-hit attacks hit you as you try to run away... and you can't clear them away because weapons are far too single target orientated save for a few abilities.

Also, how does one get good at smithing when smithing is heavily rng-based? I don't have good luck, I'm the kind of guy that gets daggers of wind from crafting recipes consisting of iron + copper ore. That has literally happened to me 3 times in a single run. I'm glad for the Kanabo + Amazon axe parts being guaranteed weapon crafts.

Are you guys overgrinding the dungeons or something? I've come to the boss around level 7, I get a lot of close by exit portal placements.

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
But uh, no. It feels like a huge jump in difficulty compared to all the dungeons, with spawners spamming 8 minions together every 10 or so turns, and they're tanky as hell.
Bosses are meant to be gates that challenge what you know about the game systems so far. I think this boss works really well since if you don't understand the game systems you won't get past it.

Also, how does one get good at smithing when smithing is heavily rng-based?
I don't have good luck, I'm the kind of guy that gets daggers of wind from crafting recipes consisting of iron + copper ore.
It is not heavily (if at all). You can make most weapons on command.
You must've also added a wind elemental stone in there, or magic ore.

I recommend reading the blacksmithing books in the church. There's a church seat that glows.
Also, Level 7 might be kinda low, but you don't have to grind in the dungeon to get to higher levels.

I recommend starting the dungeon from the beginning, getting to the second bell without dying, and then using all of your souls to upgrade your starting level, as well as your blacksmithing level. Don't upgrade kept items or souls kept until very last. Dying should be something that happens very and I mean very rarely.

And a hint for the boss. That wind dagger has the best skill to use to defeat that boss. Use it till it breaks than put it's ability on a strong and durable weapon.

I don't want to spoil too much, but if you're really having trouble reply again, and I'll give you specific step by step strategies, and how the game teaches you about them. Good luck. The game's much more fair than it seems. Learning to craft is an important part of the game.

Last edited:

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Bosses are meant to be gates that challenge what you know about the game systems so far. I think this boss works really well since if you don't understand the game systems you won't get past it.
I dunno man, I don't think it's right to dump so much on you for the first boss. You're taught to fight monsters individually every moment before, but then you're dropped into a huge open arena with no way of funnelling monsters because they're coming at you from... everywhere. The boss himself is literally an afterthought most of the time because you're surrounded by multiple elite monsters who all have stellar ways of gapclosing on you. Not showing restraint this early in the game doesn't teach you squat about the game's system, it tells you that you're supposed to beat this boss this specific way with this specific weapon with this specific movement. What's the point of the variety we've experienced if we're just made to do it in one particular way?

I don't want to spoil too much, but if you're really having trouble reply again, and I'll give you specific step by step strategies, and how the game teaches you about them. Good luck. The game's much more fair than it seems. Learning to craft is an important part of the game.
Thanks, but I just picked up a full save instead. My interest in seriously playing was burned away once I understood the only way I'm beating this is because somebody told me how.
That's not an insult to you by the way, it's just that being fed instructions is not what I consider gameplay. I'm not talking about ingame advice either, I'm talking about a full step by step tutorial how to not be instantly killed by the large big sad guy that will instantly kill you if you don't listen.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
it's just that being fed instructions is not what I consider gameplay.
I figured it out on my own tho...

You're taught to fight monsters individually every moment before, but then you're dropped into a huge open arena with no way of funnelling monsters because they're coming at you from... everywhere.
Learning to deal with that is part of the challenge of the game.
I think a tutorial's purpose is to give you information on how the game works. Learning how to play the game well is on the player in my opinion.

The boss himself is literally an afterthought most of the time because you're surrounded by multiple elite monsters who all have stellar ways of gapclosing on you.
It's an extremely tanky boss and deals a significant amount of damage. W/o help, the fight would devolve into a 1v1 beatdown and wouldn't challenge what you learned from crafting.

Not showing restraint this early in the game doesn't teach you squat about the game's system, it tells you that you're supposed to beat this boss this specific way with this specific weapon with this specific movement. What's the point of the variety we've experienced if we're just made to do it in one particular way?
There are multiple ways to beat the boss.
Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 2 other strategies that work.

Again, everything you need to know to be able to defeat the boss is given to you before the boss. You have all the resources at your disposal, or else I wouldn't be able to figure it out. A boss is generally meant to be a challenge that makes sure you understand game systems. In Bloodborne you're not beating father gascoin if you can't counter shoot. Heck you're probably not gonna get past the werewolves if you never learn to.