What's new

RPG Maker Ayame's Adventure - English H-Game (Heaven Studios)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarius

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Ayame's Adventure - English H-Game (Heaven Studios)

Greetings hrpgheaven
I must say this:5 games planned,with scenario connected between those games. Blackmailing with huge maps.
WAW i must say you have my interest completely.I'm waiting for demo,as i really want to check it out.

At my point of view,is no harm done if you fail on release day-planning.
See what happen,get experience and move on.
Happens to everyone after all! Thats life! ;)

seyfer110

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

i see comment sayng things like " i've tried and blablabla"
so...is the game out? or it's just for patreon?

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

i see comment sayng things like " i've tried and blablabla"
so...is the game out? or it's just for patreon?
The demo is out for patrons, the public demo is still being fine tuned I'm guessing.

USE

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really? Nice !
Can't wait ^_^
well if you can't wait, do like us, donate $10, get the demo, then report all the bugs you've found :) do you think people who were waiting since xmas last year are still waiting to be able to play a demo when you can get it as cheap as $10 fking dolars? i mean.. look at the patreon pages of other games, they released a public demo before starting a patreon page but still dont have even 1/2 as many supporters this guy has? how does he do it?

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

well if you can't wait, do like us, donate $10, get the demo, then report all the bugs you've found :) do you think people who were waiting since xmas last year are still waiting to be able to play a demo when you can get it as cheap as $10 fking dolars? i mean.. look at the patreon pages of other games, they released a public demo before starting a patreon page but still dont have even 1/2 as many supporters this guy has? how does he do it?
Is this a sarcasm?

dullman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well i read many comments on this thread and to be truthful i have a neutral state about any of this.
But there is one thing i could agree with critiques with so much money from patrons the art seems to be limited, at least what i see on screens (although truthfully it rather seems good if we look at patreon page not the author profil), but the problem here is that art is overpriced i mean for high quality image i would paid no more than twenty bucks (what i mean image is something like sexual act with rather simple background not something higher level), but artist sometimes demands 100 or more $ per art i mean if it mean i could make a simple art based on some images founded in net in flash with max three hour (or day if it will base for animated characters), so i do not believe that pro in this takes much more time for high quality art, rather i believe it will take him 1/3 of my time since i have no artistic abilities so i would changes curves in flash until satisfied.

But regarding game i do not have high hopes for it, since truthfully author didn't said anything about custom mechanics, art (besides images) or any other thing that will be different this game from generic content of rpg makers games, so i do not believe it worth to argue about this game (and to be truthful the patrons who donated have a right for that so it their problem if they lose money for mediocre game - at least what can i see from screens now maybe with public demo i change my mind and donate but it's doubtful) if you do not donate towards development. But if someone donated and now feels tricked he has a right to be critical, but i do not remember anyone who critique author to be one of donators, but didn't read through entire topic so might feel wrong (And to remind everyone, remember the offbeatr campaign of roundscape "something" i mean they said that it would be free, than after gets money, they go to patreon restricted access to donators and started milking them for money - i mean sometime i download new version from topic to see if it worth to donate but i do not remember any time when testing takes more than hour before trashing it, in here case i believe that author will eventually release free version so any rude words towards him are slightly not in place)

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well i read many comments on this thread and to be truthful i have a neutral state about any of this.
But there is one thing i could agree with critiques with so much money from patrons the art seems to be limited, at least what i see on screens (although truthfully it rather seems good if we look at patreon page not the author profil), but the problem here is that art is overpriced i mean for high quality image i would paid no more than twenty bucks (what i mean image is something like sexual act with rather simple background not something higher level), but artist sometimes demands 100 or more $ per art i mean if it mean i could make a simple art based on some images founded in net in flash with max three hour (or day if it will base for animated characters), so i do not believe that pro in this takes much more time for high quality art, rather i believe it will take him 1/3 of my time since i have no artistic abilities so i would changes curves in flash until satisfied.
You can't be serious. You'd pay no more than "twenty bucks" for a CG with a simply background. Good luck with that. If you find ANY reasonable artist willing to work at those ludicrous rates, let me know. I'd commission them and pay them $25. If you knew anything about artwork, you'd know that you'r basically suggesting paying someone $20 for 8-12 hours of work minimum--and that is only if you use simplistic shading and probably go with a pre-existing character.

I challenge you to draw "high quality" artwork in 3 hours. I mean, it would take you 3 hours to steal a picture online and crop it in Flash? Okay, that is not "drawing." And a high quality animation in a day? Hilarious. I'd seriously caution you against using Patreon, as I think your expectations are beyond unreasonable.

Sorry to derail the thread Starke, but when people trash the amount of work that goes into quality artwork, it bothers me. Good artists put A LOT of time into their artwork, and it is not something they throw together in a "few hours."

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

People won't draw a sprite for 20$, let alone a CG...

You should really do some market research, just to quench your curiosity, some people ask for 400$+ for ONE picture, not a scene with 12 pictures, I really mean ONE picture. It depends how good they are, the amount of requisition they get (supply and demand) and really, how much time it takes them to make a picture.

Regarding game making, I keep saying, try to make a game yourselves, put out a very small demo, even with placeholder images or the biggest 3DCG crap you can find, and then we will have a discussion where both sides have an idea of what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You can't be serious. You'd pay no more than "twenty bucks" for a CG with a simply background. Good luck with that. If you find ANY reasonable artist willing to work at those ludicrous rates, let me know. I'd commission them and pay them $25. If you knew anything about artwork, you'd know that you'r basically suggesting paying someone $20 for 8-12 hours of work minimum--and that is only if you use simplistic shading and probably go with a pre-existing character.

I challenge you to draw "high quality" artwork in 3 hours. I mean, it would take you 3 hours to steal a picture online and crop it in Flash? Okay, that is not "drawing." And a high quality animation in a day? Hilarious. I'd seriously caution you against using Patreon, as I think your expectations are beyond unreasonable.

Sorry to derail the thread Starke, but when people trash the amount of work that goes into quality artwork, it bothers me. Good artists put A LOT of time into their artwork, and it is not something they throw together in a "few hours."
i dont know, mates, but why do you even bother answering to all the stuff around here ?
i didnt skip the part where Yummy said that it bothers him when they trashtalk the amount of work an artist puts in.
The thing is, i didnt even manage to understand what this dullman guy was trying to write down at first. i had to read it multiple times.
Afterwards it was obvious he has no idea about art, no idea about game development and not even sufficient english to make me wanna read his text, and still you guys are wasting your time on him ?

If this would have happened a single time, i wouldnt have bothered myself, but someone was always taking up completely obvious baits all the time in this thread (not looking at you, Yummy). pls dont do that. thanks.

PS: your insights are still pretty interesting / valuable, Yummy. but i would rather see some general "what you should know about artists and game devs jobs" type of post. you get the idea.

dullman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really i mean have you had an art lesson in school (In my country when i was going to school, we had and truthfully one lesson last 45 min and those who had talent created "high quality art" in those 45 min, my friend draw me dungeon and keeper 2 art on sheet 1mx60cm in 2 hours (truthfully it was black and white with pencil but still it was more beutiful than original color artwork on instruction). My neighbour is after art school, she create some real paintings for up to 12 hours so should i believe that her is as the same as someone who declare that manga art needs 12 hour to create ?? (I mention that the last thing i heard about her was that she was renovating some paintings in king's palace somewhere in asia). So those example are how much times takes to create art on paper, so i would have a right to say that creating art on computer is easier since we can correct our mistakes, so why i understand why the game creators needs to pay so much for simple manga based images, i'm yet to understand why most of those called artist tells that it takes them 12 hour to create manga based art or worse character portraits. Also i didn't mentioned my friend from studies that on every lecture could create beautiful western fantasy art in notebook, and keeping notes at the same time (and the lecture last 1.5 hours, also his dragons was something amazing). I mean if i would see an art from someone who created something with so much details as painting i would believe, but i'm yet to see something similar in hentai games, to be truthful for me who can't even draw circle that looks like circle, computer painting is the only way to create art and my experience is only from creating sprites and characters in flash (and to be truthful sprites are much more time consuming than vector art.

Also what do you mean steal and crop?? from what i understand we have yet to patent lines or curves although Americans almost patented it (as well a wheel), but yet i'm here to see anyone who gets sued by getting inspiration from others work (basically it's something like that i get an image which had an angle and ideal propotion than try to keep my own character as similar regarding general shape and propotions to source as possible since myself i don't have any art ability).

I mean i thinks that i step on someones foots with previous post, but truthfully the artists are overpriced (Also i mean only those who i had contacts, so they might be ones who for 50-100 bucks get you high quality art that you will be satisfied meaning they redraw them until meet expectation of clients), also for those whom really takes 12 hours for creating manga/anime based images i mean sorry but probably you don't have any art talent just you are hardworking similar to me, but i just don't get paid for that.

Also at and one thing if i create game it's obvious that artist will use preexisting characters, either someone would create before hand rough draft of characters in scene or might be even created a complete set of standing pictures, so it's not like the artist will need to consult client first how the characters look like or better created a few rough drafts and ask a client which is the one that he wants, although to be truthful in this case i would pay up to 50$ but the art should be high quality, and those drafts should be different from each other not only one scene with few variations, but if i order and art either i give rough draft of scene and characters or give an image that has similar setup to desired one, so artist can omit steps with creating drafts of scene or characters, I mean creating a concepts of characters is different work from creating a image on order (in first case the artist usually gets something along line the character must be beautiful, whilst the second case he has drafts and just needs to draw characters in right position), so to short summary of this part of text, that i mean if artist would need to create entire art from vaguely words like create me beautiful characters, it could really takes 10 hours for one image, but for games the artist gets everything he needs to create art so he is free of creating concepts for game, so basically it's hard to justify so high price of hentai images for games (usually if game dev is reasonable fellow).

dullman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

People won't draw a sprite for 20$, let alone a CG...

You should really do some market research, just to quench your curiosity, some people ask for 400$+ for ONE picture, not a scene with 12 pictures, I really mean ONE picture. It depends how good they are, the amount of requisition they get (supply and demand) and really, how much time it takes them to make a picture.

Regarding game making, I keep saying, try to make a game yourselves, put out a very small demo, even with placeholder images or the biggest 3DCG crap you can find, and then we will have a discussion where both sides have an idea of what they're talking about.

Sorry for double post but when i reply to yummy tiger it's appeared two more answers, whilst you said that i had not idea how to create game i would disagree check the sim brothel revival whilst i abandon crew, but when i come to project it was turn based game with four stats and rpg maker db, when i leave it was real time gameplay with weather and time systems, xml db 8 stats, different works and dynamic sprites (which almost every one was created by me) basically i rewrited engine of rpg maker xp besides battle system (and the resolution scripts was before me), while some systems of game that i created was changed (mainly job system to be able support multiple buildings) but some leaves in the same way that i leave them, so i myself consider as someone who has enough experience in making games.

So while i know what price some demands (but your words about 400$ is somewhat absurd for me i mean for that price i could get a real paint of real painter) but still i meant that the price of artist are just overpriced, so in my current project i don't plan to include any third party art (besides characters templates if someone would be willing to improve my rough templates and if god allows custom tilesets), why simply because i feel like helping "criminals" in their crimes (milking clients from money) and another reason is that i find static images is somewhat bad for any game, since to be truthful from average game i find maybe one, two CG good enough to be called by me good, the rest are at most mediocre.

And last words for all those who create a patron account and put some demo if you want to do that at least spend few hours programming then you can put demo, but never thing that rpg maker engine would be good enough to make some game without custom scripts, i mean programming is way easier and more interesting than making art for game, and in rpg maker making custom screens is easy as getting a pie from child, so if i see a game without any custom mechanic i would just consider author as lazy guy(if he didn't wrote that he seeks for programmer since maybe he would be better as artist or writer but in those cases first he should try to complete team before releasing demo on patreon). I mean some of guys think that it's just needs to put custom art/rendered image in game but it's not so easy, the real problem is that even though you are good at one thing (like programming or art) you need also have a basic knowledge of other things or any in team that has a knowledge, so without showing real effort in game developing it's hard to draw skeptic like me to support project.

ps. To be truthful there are some games which i enjoy even though they are vanilla rpg maker games (few game of scale garden, and ntrpg series), but there are pearl amongst hundreds of rpg maker so you should not consider that your art/writing will make for entire game since it's rare cases.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I meant people in general.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

those who had talent created "high quality art" in those 45 min
no

simple manga based
what does this even mean

could create beautiful western fantasy art in notebook, and keeping notes at the same time
no

it's something like that i get an image which had an angle and ideal propotion than try to keep my own character as similar regarding general shape and propotions to source as possible
people have a serious problem with this

truthfully the artists are overpriced
- art is a luxury
- it is not required to live
- therefore the creators get to set the rates and you as the consumer need to abide by those rates if you want that art from that person
- artists spend time to learn their craft
- therefore like any creative luxury you are paying the artist so you do not have to spend that time to learn how to do the craft yourself

for those whom really takes 12 hours for creating manga/anime based images i mean sorry but probably you don't have any art talent
no

(in first case the artist usually gets something along line the character must be beautiful, whilst the second case he has drafts and just needs to draw characters in right position)
what does this even mean

i myself consider as someone who has enough experience in making games.
doing part of a game and then leaving before the game is even completed is definitely not enough experience in making games to be able to talk as if you know what developing a game from start to finish is like, and it certainly shows in your posts

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

$20 bucks? My guy charges me $25 an hour and usually takes 15-20 per CG. I was going to say more, but pretty much everything HentaiWriter says +1.

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

$20 bucks? My guy charges me $25 an hour and usually takes 15-20 per CG. I was going to say more, but pretty much everything HentaiWriter says +1.
Your artist can draw some badass stuff. This goes for pretty much any artist to be fair, I suppose. Still, money well spent if complimented with good gameplay and writing.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

High quality art in 45 minutes xD

I must have really absolutely no talent at all, it took me 2 hours to draw Krillin from Dragonball looking at the original.

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Your artist can draw some badass stuff. This goes for pretty much any artist to be fair, I suppose. Still, money well spent if complimented with good gameplay and writing.
He's amazing, but he's put in a hell of a lot of work to get that good, so he can charge that much. Most artists spend nearly all of their free time trying to get in a position where they can do it as a living, and it sucks so many people undervalue that.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Just gonna go ahead and put my foot down here. I think we can agree that artists work extremely hard on their works and deserve to ask for the payment they get. No need to continue harping on the subject.

ThatHoboThere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, how goes the development process? Are bugs being squashed with righteous fury? Are y'all at a point where you'd be comfortable giving out a potential date for the public demo? Is everyone maintaining a positive mental state and good personal hygiene while working on an ambitious project?

Pay me no mind really; I'm merely a recently surfaced lurker just tossing out potentially relevant questions in an effort to aid the goal of getting back on the topic of the project. Well, that and hoping to sate genuine curiosity with the first three XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.