What's new

VN/TEXT [Captain] Bounty

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Saw a thread about it on 8ch. There's no download link to it and it's barely just begun development, but I just wanted to make a thread here to keep tabs on it.

Essentially, it seems to be a text-based game about being a fugitive in a fantasy setting. I guess it'll be keeping track of basic things like hunger, hygiene, and happiness, as well as sex-related stats. There's going to be a travelling system implemented as well. Looks like tons of RNG will be involved to keep the gameplay fresh.

Below is the only image the dev has right now. Looks pretty interesting to me. Based on the picture, you seem to be able to choose a gender, so that's pretty cool.

UPDATE: He's released an alpha of the game. Check it out on his blog.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Bounty

Looks interesting.

I wonder if we'll finally get a text game thats not overloaded with extra dicks and genderbending, and MC slutiness.

Kerboros

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Saw that thread too, and looking at the blog it seems you'll be able to choose different races to play as.

Estimated to come out in about a week or two, but don't hold your breath, doesn't seem like an official notice.

asestado

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Personally i prefer games that focus on one gender and without transformations or strange things, i have always though that games with h content are quite short so its better that they focus on something, at least until the market expands.

And more centered in the game i would like to see what sex-related stats have they chosen. There are quite a few possible like vaginal, anal, masochism, obedience, sadism... a large list XD.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"For a while, he rapidly thrusts into your pussy."

The writing is extremely frank.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Blog was updated. A bunch of progress updates, but more importantly, he's predicting an end-of-January release. Also looks like his blog has started getting some viewers. Last activity I saw was a comment he made in his latest blog post (Jan 22). I'm pretty hyped for it.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Aww, its a prostitution game.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This seems really well though up. The fact that you can keep your virginity until you become richer and then sell it for more is interesting.

So it seems you can make your own character and even go to different settlements and stuff.

I guess because there doesn't seem to be any art and the fact that it's really plain looking, gives him time to focus on making more choices available to the player.

Pretty hyped indeed.

immahnoob

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Damn you, damn you to hell!

How dare you when there are so little of them (well-made)? D:<

Anyway, this game looks great. It's not necessary to have images to get all hot and bothered :3

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Nevermind, I'm wrong thankfully.

Looks like the main game is a bounty hunter game with the option of selling yourself.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Had me at roguelike

I'd probably play even if it didn't have any lewdness in it, but hey, lewd is good

Last edited:

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll be satisfied with a text game that doesn't INSIST on mutating you into some freak with 8 tits and 3 cocks (each from a different kind of animal).
Not to mention the fact that 80% of the sexual encounters are furry related.

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The author posted an alpha version on his .

Incomplete with some systems not fully implemented at the moment but I think there is quite a bit of promise to be certain. Looking forward to future updates.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm also going to spend more time checking this blog, and interacting with people in general. I've seen that ULMF has a thread on Bounty, and sometime in the next few days, I'll register there so that people can throw whatever they want at me. I'll also be opening up an e-mail account dedicated to my work, so that anybody will be able to privately send requests, reports, or general discussions.
Oh shit, he knows we're watching!

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Welcome to that guy

Alpha seems good, but bare bones
Also crashes occasionally

Good basis though

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

He posted an update fixing the major crash and the other big issues like text falling off the screen.

Reputation score

Hi,

I just wanted to drop by and say that I just released Alpha 3 on my blog. It's the first version playable from a browser, and also has progression from beginning to end.

Only one timeline exists at the moment, and it still needs to be expanded upon, but I figured I'd share the progress being made! It's definitely not complete yet, but I love to hear feedback and suggestions as I go.

I tried to detail all of the additions, in both this release and upcoming.