What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

She winked at his comment, "Thanks doll. But maybe we'd just rather not show how stupid we are to get caught. Prefer to go down fighting." she laughed. "People always make themselves look better in the stories."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy giggles at Eve's initial response. "I'm sorry, that old George Michael video just popped into my head. And Ronell's right. I can definitely see it, though, yeah, you do look a little young."

If it hadn't been for his previous statement, Ronell's accusation of lying would have totally caught her off guard. So he was the type that liked getting reactions out of people, huh? It definitely wasn't for attention though. It was like her. Finding out what made people tick.

Time to turn the game around. "You said 'a few of you.' Maybe you're just as much a liar."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh I probably am just as much a liar, after all telling the truth in human society...I mean kine society wouldn't get you very far in life. I don't imagine it's much different as a kindred, I'm sure they have their little secrets as well."

"I am telling the truth about tonight however, if I were going to lie about that it would have involved a beautiful woman or at least more than some old businessman."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"That is going to really confuse me. I mean, vampires have been vampires my whole life. Calling them, well, calling myself something else is going to take some doing. And calling not...Kindred 'Kine' is going to take some doing too." She chuckles. "You got Embraced by a...businessman?"

((Someone wasn't here for the background story.))

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh yeah I guess you weren't here the whole time. Typical looking business man offered me a job at one of my usual bars. We were driving to his office, which turned out to be a back alley. Let's just say he was incredibly strong for a businessman. Next thing I know I wake up... er hungry I guess you would say. Luckily I was able to last long enough to break into the blood bank. Then I bumped into Adam who brought me here."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"I suppose that makes sense, or could. Listening to all this, I'm really starting to wonder how much is truth and how much is fiction in all the stuff that people publish these days. I guess if, well, not if, anymore, but I guess with vampires out there, what better way to hide the truth than in what people think is fiction. Kindred," she tacks on to the end. "I am never going to remember that."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah these guy's put the CIA to shame with this coverup. Nutty stories like Dracula coupled with most people's ignorance and voila we don't exist."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"I just hope they can help me cover up to my boss when I don't show up for work sometime before sundown, which is, oooh, my entire schedule. Going to be the strangest resignation ever."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah that's going to be rough, maybe we can get jobs as night security guards at the blood bank or something. You know just in case we want a midnight snack while at work."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy laughs, bringing her hand up to cover her mouth, mumbling "That's horrible," through her fingers. Still, she did laugh at it. "I'm just glad classes haven't started yet. I might have a chance of transfering to night courses, but you're right...this is going to be rough." She looks a little melancholy about something else that doesn't seem all that related to losing her job or school.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah there's a lot that's going to be tough, like never seeing family and friends again for one. It's not like I can just head back to Halifax and say hey mom guess what I'm a vampire now, so see you tommorrow night. Can't really say kindred to her since she wouldn't get that." His shoulders slump a little.

"I'm really going to miss watching the sun rise over the ocean, I wish I hadn't left now. They say you never miss things till they're gone and they're right."

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Bloody hell. More of the fuckers and I can't even tell if any are agents without pulling out my secret weapon. Rashar thinks, one hand brushing the talisman in his pocket.

Slowly, the man enters, keeping the hood of his rain jacket raised to obscure most of his features. With the hood up, as long as he didn't get close to anyone, they should notice more than his oddly colored skin and constant grin. Eyes scanning over all of them, noticing Luna and Eve, more thoughts cross his mind. Red eyes on that one, and the other is far too short. Need to keep an eye on them, they might be agents in disguise. As soon as he does that he moves to a section of wall as far from the others as possible and leans against it, keeping his eyes peeled for anything an agent might try and still not speaking.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve saw the new person come in but something about him unsettled her, she she moved to the other side of the room from him.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah, not exactly the sort of thing you can come out with at Christmas dinner, is it?" Seems Ronny isn't the only one that's got family to try to avoid explaining this to. "Small blessing they're not here to have to worry about it, though, right?" From the sound of her voice, it isn't exactly what she thinks of it, but she's trying to put an optimistic spin on it.

Her attention goes to the door as it opens again. Someone else? She watched as the newcomer came in and moved over to his the wall. Either shy, scared, or not overly friendly.

"You know, I was kidding when I said someone had a quota to meet," she states, shaking her head. Something about the guy's demeanor was a bit off, so she didn't press, simply waving at him with her free hand, scooting a little closer to Raven in the process.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So ere you all tisted by Then and Their agents as ell? The man finally speaks with an odd accent. His mouth never moving while he speaks and all the while, one hand moves in and out of his right pocket as though he keeps reaching for something before consciously stopping himself.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

The pocket Izzy could understand, there likely a "security blanket" of sorts in there for him, same as her, though Raven was a bit more obvious. What she has a bit of trouble understanding is his speech. "I'm sorry, were we what by some agents? Tested?" Fine line, that, between calling attention to his speech impediment and wanting to be able to answer his question. She just hoped he wasn't upset by it.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Tisted, changed, utated, ade into reaks. Hutever you ant to call it. Although, it looks like They hated e ore then given hut They did to e. The man says irritation coming through the in his voice although the oddly wide smile never leaves his face.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ronny half-heartedly looks up when the new one enters and moves over to the wall, not saying anything more till he hears the new one speak. After thinking about what he said for a moment he says.

"Agents you mean like the CIA or something like that, we were changed to vam-er , dang, kindred by members of the sabbat. What do you mean by twisted?"

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve pressed herself up against the wall trying to get farther away from him. His voice made her flesh creep.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

The "whoops, touched a nerve" is clear on Izzy's face as the newcomer rants, though she's wise enough not to push the issue. Her attention's drawn away from him for a moment, feeling Raven shift to put his arm around her.

"At l-l-least you di-didn't have t-t-to Em-Embrace the w-w-woman that you l-l-love," he says quietly, his first words amid the group coming out haltingly, his gaze flicking over toward Isabella, but not quite able to look at her. The girl, in turn, shifts further in her chair, drawing him into a gentle hold for a moment before she turns her head, putting her attention on Rashar.

"Still," she says quietly, "I'm sorry for what they did to you." Her gaze travels the most noticably over to Fletch. "To all of you. None of us should even be here."