ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Confessions

It's not fun.
I figured as much. I'd think that the slight positive spark that someone holds before the massive dread they would have to live with is proportionally boosted with that kind of death, but I'd be dead soon, so I'd have to try and deal with it. And this isn't to suggest I'd just strangle the first person I saw. I also realize the logical fallacy of me acting like a judge and executioner, but once I know that I will die, my concepts of fairness and reason would probably become very tainted.

It's a person I wouldn't want to become, mind you. But I'd fall into it out of pure curiosity as well as searing distaste for a place that situation could fall on a person. The curiosity part is just as Oni was saying. It's probably not rational at all, sort of like a rape fantasy, but I was trying to conceptualize a situation I'd have the least problem following through on it.

Pale

Reputation score

Confession : Been there, done that. Not to everyone's tastes.

P

Zenath

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I figured as much. I'd think that the slight positive spark that someone holds before the massive dread they would have to live with is proportionally boosted with that kind of death, but I'd be dead soon, so I'd have to try and deal with it. And this isn't to suggest I'd just strangle the first person I saw. I also realize the logical fallacy of me acting like a judge and executioner, but once I know that I will die, my concepts of fairness and reason would probably become very tainted.

It's a person I wouldn't want to become, mind you. But I'd fall into it out of pure curiosity as well as searing distaste for a place that situation could fall on a person. The curiosity part is just as Oni was saying. It's probably not rational at all, sort of like a rape fantasy, but I was trying to conceptualize a situation I'd have the least problem following through on it.
"You know what the difference between you and me is? Consequences. I've run out of them. You are trapped in a cage, a sweet little cage where you can only do what is right, and proper, and ethical. A cage which keeps you sane and society stable, because you're scared of what would happen if you picked the lock. But me? I'm already damned. I'm already a freak that society condemns as a monster. So I figured... why bother? Why not open the door and do what the fuck I like? Why not cast aside all illusions of responsibility and morality, and take and destroy as I wish?"

Paraphrased from one of my 'deranged psychobitch' characters (yes, I have more than one. I collect them. It's a hobby. >>). Whether she's right or not is a point of view that depends on how cynical you are. It'd be nice to think that it isn't just fear of consequences that keeps us on the straight and narrow, but sometimes you wonder...

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I heard Heath Ledger the entire time reading that, good job.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Mind you when I mentioned it wasn't fun, I wasn't strangling someone I was actually trying to save them after a chunk of their neck had been torn away. I didn't manage to stop the bleeding in time and they died.

Still, similar I think to what you were talking about in feeling someone's life slip through your finger.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd think they're similar in ways like the two sides of a coin are, but conceptually complete opposites - after all, Sin, you were trying to save that person's life - Toxic is trying to be the cause of their death. Seems like complete opposites to me. Then and again, you're more qualified to pass judgment on whether they're similar or not.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I would say they're similar feelings, but in opposite ways. If that makes any sense. I would also agree that neither is fun, however the adrenaline rush that initially accompanys the actions before other feelings set in can be, for lack of a better word at the moment, fun.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'd think they're similar in ways like the two sides of a coin are, but conceptually complete opposites - after all, Sin, you were trying to save that person's life - Toxic is trying to be the cause of their death. Seems like complete opposites to me. Then and again, you're more qualified to pass judgment on whether they're similar or not.
True, but different sides of the same coin, are still the same coin.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Mind you when I mentioned it wasn't fun, I wasn't strangling someone I was actually trying to save them after a chunk of their neck had been torn away. I didn't manage to stop the bleeding in time and they died.

Still, similar I think to what you were talking about in feeling someone's life slip through your finger.
:( You make my things not sound appealing anymore.

Way to ruin my fantasy of hatred and force me into a more healing perspective on people. Ruined ma day

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

:( You make my things not sound appealing anymore.

Way to ruin my fantasy of hatred and force me into a more healing perspective on people. Ruined ma day
Sorry? Should I tell you a story about killing someone then?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh goodness no. Though, my mind can't help but drift back to the ol' "recoil" anecdote.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Strange how people only got interested in the joke now when forms of it were even present in vietnam.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Tis strange. Couldn't give you a decent reason as to why it is though. Perhaps simply a little more support for the current war effort? *shrugs*

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I would suppose so. I'm not much on history, but as I remember, I think some people might have had a problem with that war. .. Not sure, but yeah I think so.... yeah ..probably :p maybe just a little

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just love to point out that all these anti-war films, and points that I ever here come from Vietnam, and Iraq. I hardly hear mentions of Korea, or Somalia, or Rwanda. And even further back, WWII, WWI, the Boer War... why is it that because suddenly reporters can send back footage from Vietnam everyone thinks its horrible, but horrible horrible things have happened in every single war, ever.

Stalingrad even is still considered one of the high water marks of human brutality.

I just wonder why only those two wars are ever really brought up.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Vietnam and Iraq are more well none than the three you named as rarely being mentioned (In US history books at least) and the world wars were defensive in nature for the US given that they were attacked first.

(I am of the belief that most of these films are from the US, but I could be wrong)

Also, the US never formally declared war on Iraq, I believe. We just kind of sent troops over there to skirmish and battle without any war involved... Which makes no sense, but US politics get weird at times do to us being a democracy with the vast majority of voters being evangelical christians.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Happened to stumble across this yesterday. Interactive map of deaths in Iraq. I never realised how heavy the casualties were for the US.

On the topic of weird nonfap fantasies...
I have fantasised about becoming a little girl, and hiding under the beds of carefully selected ronery otaku, then teleporting away when discovered. Over time I would become a bizarre internet phenomenon sparking controversy across forums and message boards. I would occasionally say something before disappearing, giving them something to report on their blogs. Disbelievers would be put higher on the target list. Before long there would be a devoted cult religiously checking under their beds.

...Is that worse than wanting to strangle someone?