What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

Thanks for the offer MAF, but...

*Helps fill in the hole*

Random holes in the road are bad for the public.

Last edited:

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Of course, it makes perfect sense now. MAF was a groundhog all along!

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Looking for a good or decent gm who isn't overloaded with threads already for running a futa vampire mad scientist.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I am willing to admit that I am not likely to GM another thing for you. If your character is going to be played, it is going to be under someone else.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looking for someone to run a game with a dragonkin who wants to be a legend using DG4 rules.

He wants to be the very best that no one ever was.

Last edited:

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So um. Quick question, can Naga be Elementalkin? And for DG4 sheet does it go in Derp Gen or the DG3 section?

Also of the GMs who might pick up another character, would you guys be okay with an aquatic heavy RP?

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Not sure about Naga, but DG4 would go in derpgen, as Tass hasn't finished DG3 yet. Can't tell you about the GMs though.

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1) Elementalkin is a valid template for nagas.

2) DG4 character sheets may be posted in the DG3 sheets thread, especially as it's your first character. The derpgen thread is intended for alts, silly gens that the player doesn't actually want to use, and characters who are unlikely to see play.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think it's fair for me to say I'm available once again to host people's threads. I'm inclined to do a solo thread and dedicate myself to that as well.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Question are Jurougumo able to be Male? I note no female only restrictions like Arachne.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay another question for Dragon-kin do I need to use the Half Breed Template for that or can it just be Dragon-kin and we can assume that the other part is human?

Also for half-breeds the notes for human half breeds doesn't make sense.
Half breeds using human also gain this bonus if their total balance of points (including stat points, Talents, and Flaws) equals out to -4 or less.
Do you mean +4 or less? And how should one count the Racial (I guess?) Talents and Flaws in terms of these points?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay another question for Dragon-kin do I need to use the Half Breed Template for that or can it just be Dragon-kin and we can assume that the other part is human?

Also for half-breeds the notes for human half breeds doesn't make sense.

Do you mean +4 or less? And how should one count the Racial (I guess?) Talents and Flaws in terms of these points?
Dragonkin can have orcish, human, elven, or even su-ku-ta parentage and still just be called dragonkin. The dragon half tends to override the other parent's racial bonuses, they're assumed human by default but that isn't the only option.

Talents and Flaws are equal to 8 stat points, and you only count the Flaws that are worth Talents credit. It means -4, since averaging the stat bonuses from races will usually mean they decrease rather than increase and all of the races are made to balance out to 0.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay took me longer than I admit but, Sebell's Bio and OOC Information is filled.

I almost want to pick up Hatred-Fae because Sebell doesn't like them, he's a rather simple Dragonkin and is particularly weak to Status Effects, but its not worth the trouble of a Hatred drawback.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, if you want, I could try and run your game. It wouldn't be particularly lore-friendly, since I'm still trying to get the hang of it and I don't know if there are any big events between DG3 and DG4.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, if you want, I could try and run your game. It wouldn't be particularly lore-friendly, since I'm still trying to get the hang of it and I don't know if there are any big events between DG3 and DG4.
Well I'd like someone to check over my sheet first before anything, I'm not all that great at remembering to dot I's and cross T's.

And I thought it was just a difference in system mechanics not a Timeline Jump.

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Technically DG4 is supposed to take place a few centuries after DG3. Some of the mechanics reflect that. The improved guns, for example, are supposed to indicate the progress in arms manufacturing. Jurougumo are the product of Nala (a DG2 & DG3 PC), and I don't believe they'll exist in large numbers until a few years following the events of the DG3 era. DG3 is centered on one continent, on which most of the mortal races haven't made any contact with the other two continents yet nor the races that inhabit them.

That said, if you avoid those bits, it's fine to run DG4 mechanics in the DG3 timeline or in the period shortly following it. It's probably best to run it in the DG3 timeline or shortly thereafter, too, since I don't believe Tassadar has fully ironed out the DG4 lore and assistant GMs are unlikely to be familiar with much of it.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Technically DG4 is supposed to take place a few centuries after DG3. Some of the mechanics reflect that. The improved guns, for example, are supposed to indicate the progress in arms manufacturing. Jurougumo are the product of Nala (a DG2 & DG3 PC), and I don't believe they'll exist in large numbers until a few years following the events of the DG3 era. DG3 is centered on one continent, on which most of the mortal races haven't made any contact with the other two continents yet nor the races that inhabit them.

That said, if you avoid those bits, it's fine to run DG4 mechanics in the DG3 timeline or in the period shortly following it. It's probably best to run it in the DG3 timeline or shortly thereafter, too, since I don't believe Tassadar has fully ironed out the DG4 lore and assistant GMs are unlikely to be familiar with much of it.
What this guy said. Void Elves also don't technically exist until shortly before DG4 begins. I have decided on a bunch of things that will be lore in DG4 era, but it's all tentative until a bunch of threads wrap up, since that'll affect how things go in certain areas.

Also, RE: deleted question, I opened a reply window but never got around to actually answering it. I've been busy lately due to work and other irl things, which is also why I'm so atrociously behind on posts. You may buy items for their merchant price at character creation in order to make items of unusual materials, and get Smith's bonus if you have it at character creation.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What this guy said. Void Elves also don't technically exist until shortly before DG4 begins. I have decided on a bunch of things that will be lore in DG4 era, but it's all tentative until a bunch of threads wrap up, since that'll affect how things go in certain areas.

Also, RE: deleted question, I opened a reply window but never got around to actually answering it. I've been busy lately due to work and other irl things, which is also why I'm so atrociously behind on posts. You may buy items for their merchant price at character creation in order to make items of unusual materials, and get Smith's bonus if you have it at character creation.
Ah deleted it because I didn't want to double post and because I went in a different direction because I didn't want to wait until you got back to me with it.

Then in that case I'll have to re-do my sheet or at least my Backstory and Inventory. *squees at Massive Dragon Fang Maul*

Actually one question is there anything for how weapons look when made from Dragon Fang?