What's new

RPG Loli [でぼの巣製作所] でぼの巣製作所ゲームス / Debonosu Works Games

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Say, has anyone here actually played Natsu Kagura?
I'm playing the OG studio e.go version and i've just reached the second lap of stages, and it's fucking impossible.
The spiders move way too fast and seize the spiritual veins very quickly while my characters move very slow.
And the rest of the enemies are stronger and more powerful than the any unit i can summon.
Pair that with the fact that enemies keep spawning from the spiritual veins and it seems outright impossible. I was thinking that maybe i was going to be given an option for the girls and the MC to have sex with Youko since she said that would strengthen them, but i've tried clicking anywhere on the map and nothing happens, i can only select the stages.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've had it for years but I'd never played through it very far.

Heh. I vaguely recall that around the time Debonosu did the remake there was a youtube or niconico video of the remake developers trying to play the OG version and just getting horribly stuck on this stage that featured an entire goddamn conga line of tengu. I don't recall that they managed to clear it.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You gave me a great idea, thanks, i tried looking for playthroughs onniconico since i couldn't find any guide

This guy shows some nice stuff which made me realise i don't fully comprehend the game system. Sometimes MP regens instantly even when you're not in a spiritual vein, and sometimes it just does not regen? no fucking clue.
Managed to beat a seemingly impossible stage spamming summons of the lion kind staying in the spiritual vein, which made me investigate and there's another unexplained mechanic about some type of monsters being stronger certain specific types of monsters, They actually explained this in the debonosu remake fortunately but man, there are so many things in this game that seem random like MP regen.
And also i stumbled upon this... XD
The devs sucking ass like you said at another stage

The difficulty of this game is weird. I think i'm just finding out what the real strategy is.
And to think that these are the same developers that made one of the most fucking easy SRPGS ever made, castle fantasia 2... man was that game piss easy.
But i don't think i completely dislike this kind of weird difficulty... it has a certain charm to it

nhoctu97

Reputation score
I think I did beat Natsu and Oni kagura with no translation and fk up gibbing text and it's been too long thou, still rock-paper-scissors system basically

Managed to beat a seemingly impossible stage spamming summons of the lion kind staying in the spiritual vein
wait you can spam summon and not losing MP???

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I think I did beat Natsu and Oni kagura with no translation and fk up gibbing text and it's been too long thou, still rock-paper-scissors system basically

wait you can spam summon and not losing MP???
In order for text to display properly you need to run some of the older games with Locale Emulator EVEN if you have your pc's locale set to japanese for some reason
And yeah, I am finding the strategy is to leave Mikiya in a spiritual vein and there MP recovers faster...
But then there are moments when the girls recover their MP outside of spiritual veins in one turn after using one of their full mp consuming skills... and i'm like... how the fuck does this system even work
XD

Man, i can't believe how much fun i am having with natsu kagura, the OG version
When i reached this second lap of stages i thought it was a HUGE FUCKING RIDICULOUS ABSURD difficulty spike and i was feeling down thinking it was going to be impossibel to clear the game, considering kinda droping it or something...
But the strategy is to spam lion summons. Fucking lions are the GOATs.
And not just that, it does have a strategy aspect to it. It started as piss braindead easy and then i thought it became impossible and i thought the devs were fucking nuts....but i was wrong.
To think that I was about to drop a game... And now I don't want it to ever end, because beyond the gameplay being legit fun, i just love the dynamic between the characters.
The girls are so endearing...
All of them.
I'm gonna feel a little empty inside saying goodbye to these characters.

Though yes, Oni Kagura and Tsuki Kagura are going to follow.
Does anyone know by any chance which one of those two is supposed to follow directly after? Because in the vndb page both are listed as sequels of Natsu Kagura, I don't know which one comes first.

Last edited:

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oni Kagura has Youko has a connective thread - but I don't think she has any scenes; she just helps the MC (who's a hanyou brawler) meet with that game's shrine and its mikos.

Youko's also like a 1000 year old immortal, she can honestly just show up anywhere.

Tsuki Kagura has no direct tie to the prior games, that I recall. Tsuki has the pretty amusing set up that your MC is the general for a demon queen. You'd been fighting the mikos of the local shrine you and your queen had been trying to conquer for some indeterminate amount of time, but your final, decisive battle gets rudely interrupted by a fallen angel and her army of western monsters crashing it, and now you, your demon queen, and the mikos need to cooperate to repel the foreign invaders.

Some day I'll sit down and actually play through Tsuki, I hope.

"Oh, the demons have cell phones! That's so cute!" - the older, ditzier miko sister
"Um. Who in the fuck is selling cell phones to demons?" - the younger, smarter miko sister

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Just finished Natsu Kagura. Fucking great game... Now I feel empty inside, I'm gonna miss the characters.
I'm gonna go for the others, but from what I'm seeing they're a little bit more complicated, in NK all you could do was summon monsters, and you had no reason to choose between any but the strongest type which was summoned based on terrain, and all the girls could do was move, attack, and use one of two skills. Braindead on that regard.
In the other games there's a fuckton of skills and menus much like it's common in any RPG or SRPG...
So I've been wondering, does anyone know how to translate text in the game?
I wouldn't be interested in translating like, the actual story, just UI, skills descriptions, items, magic, etc, those kinds of things.
The story I just hook it with textractor, but translating those other UI elements is always a royal pain in the ass.

Does anyone know how to tamper with the game's text, by any chance?
I know you can like extract the script using QUICKBMS but no clue how to reinsert.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Does anyone know how to tamper with the game's text, by any chance?
I know you can like extract the script using QUICKBMS but no clue how to reinsert.
I always wanted to translate whatever disaster from the steam one was, but never got it.

Prob's trying to find what Shivaune did to translate the games or what "program" the steam version had to get translated

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I always wanted to translate whatever disaster from the steam one was, but never got it.

Prob's trying to find what Shivaune did to translate the games or what "program" the steam version had to get translated
Maybe they did not have to reverse engineer the games at all?
I mean, I don't know how official localizations are usually done, but I thought that maybe the devs just kinda gave the source code of the game to the translators or something?

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The all-ages Steam disaster was derived from the first Kagura rogue-lite game, .

Minus the smut, which meant that it axed an enormous chunk of the writing. Heh. A recurring event throughout the first game is needing to rescue various women who are currently the "guests" of the monster, and your base gains functions as you do so. Like, the first girl you rescue is the actual shopkeeper. So each rescue is accompanied by a scene of what's happening to the girl you need to rescue, and then a purification by your local priest (a boy who I think is supposed to be 15 or so; he's like just barely not a shota; the shopkeeper girl has a crush on him, making him needing to fuck the jaki out of her a bit more amusing).

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah, that was a fucking disaster.
It'd be great to be able to incorporate the translation in the R18 japanese version of the game just like Noname was thinking.
Honestly, how did this happen? The localizers are listed as Debonosu themselves on vndb, AND after that they did the SAME thing with a non-kagura game, Sora wo Aogite kumo takaku, aka dragon girl looks up at the endless sky.

Last edited:

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This was back before 1) the Nekopara folks hit on releasing an all-ages version that could have the smut patched back into it (I think they were literally the first JP company to do that on Steam) and 2) Steam went fuck it and started allowing non-Western game publishers to put adult games up on Steam.

The all-ages version of Kagura Douchuuki and Dragon Girl were essentially failed experiments, and Debonosu made no further efforts with the Western market until Shiravune started translating a handful of their small games last year.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This year's April 1st page is a promo page for " ", an alleged all-ages game aimed at breaking out in foreign markets (i.e., streamer-friendly perhaps).

It's the April 1st post, so there's about a 50/50 shot that this thing is real.

The proposed wolf girl character for it is super goddamn cute; something of a shame if we're never going to see her getting pounded by monsters.
001_png.jpg

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
yooooo, yea, she is fucking cute.
Are debonosu known for pulling april fools?

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Debonosu does something for April Fool's every year, and about half the time it's actually a real thing that they're doing.

The prize for most ridiculous thing was actually adding a fucking Pokemon Go mode to their gacha mobile game, Kagura Taisen (You need to be in Japan to do it, though).

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
New game (#24) is out, no warning tags needed; just good clean monster-on-miko rape.

Next game (#25), however, is the second outing of dog kami Natsu, and it absolutely gets the loli tag. Japan sure loves their lolibaba demihumans.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
excellent... but man... seriously!? natsu AGAIN!?
hahahaha
oh, yea, you're absolutely right about japan...

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's been a few years since the last one, probably feels like less because Shiravune put out an English version last year or so.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's been a few years since the last one, probably feels like less because Shiravune put out an English version last year or so.
Yeah, that's true.
But damn, so the girl from the April fools WAS an April fools, huh? Sadge
By the way, where do you see the upcoming products? I open Debonosu's main website and I can only find products that have already been released.

edit: nvm found it

Last edited: