What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Essentially, part of the game data got corrupted. He has a backup, but it's before he added Dakki's pink bed event. He has to remake parts of EX3, including the entirety of Cheshire, so release is delayed to at least mid June.

Essentially, part of the game data got corrupted. He has a backup, but it's before he added Dakki's pink bed event. He has to remake parts of EX3, including the entirety of Cheshire, so release is delayed to at least mid June.

The part about the Daiji Pink Bed is interesting... he might have to possibly rework it in after EX3. This might make having to rebuild the patch when he does release it a bit painful... It's hard to tell because I'm not really fluent, but I know internally it was organized and well and should be safe...

@ネコマタ狂アラン

: I know you're reading this thread, the patch has all the decrypted lines for Daiji's Pink Bed. If you need to re-generate them or need to rewrite them, I can provide all the lines to make your life easier if you want (not really sure what kind of data got corrupted on your end).

re-adding the pink bed is kinda easy to do since you can open rpg maker multiple times all you need is a ver with the pink bed like the one on dlsite extract the data put everything in a new project then open both and copy and paste the pink bed back, tried that befor with random rpg maker games i was making.

Hey hello lads.
I've got a little problem. I've been playing the game fine till chapter 3-1. Since i heard you couldn't win on pacific mode without maxxing the friendship of some girls, i went and directly maxxed them up (and collected the one missing) after fighting the sphinx.
Now my problem is that when i go back (via selecting the chapter) the chapter 3-1, it's totally empty and there's not an access for the chapter 3-2 (i presume it's after the sphinx bossfight). No sphinx is there, no echo, only the oni girl at the first save room.
The level of the water is at the minimum, no matter how many time i start over the chapter. I don't know what can I do to advance to the next chapter. Is there a way to force the next chapter?

Hey hello lads.
I've got a little problem. I've been playing the game fine till chapter 3-1. Since i heard you couldn't win on pacific mode without maxxing the friendship of some girls, i went and directly maxxed them up (and collected the one missing) after fighting the sphinx.
Now my problem is that when i go back (via selecting the chapter) the chapter 3-1, it's totally empty and there's not an access for the chapter 3-2 (i presume it's after the sphinx bossfight). No sphinx is there, no echo, only the oni girl at the first save room.
The level of the water is at the minimum, no matter how many time i start over the chapter. I don't know what can I do to advance to the next chapter. Is there a way to force the next chapter?

have no idea what your talking about with a battle you cant win on pacific, did you try to go where sphinx is and walk to the other side that where the chapter exit is if that does not work i dont know what to do.

I'm sure this opinion will be unpopular, but I honestly wish he never did these EX parts, and just went straight to developing Shrift 2. I think the EX parts are good, but they're not good enough to justify delaying Shrift 2's development and release by a measure of years.

Unless I'm wrong and the dev has been working on Shrift 2 simultaneously, to the the point where he can release it very shortly after EX4's release.

Last edited:
I'm sure this opinion will be unpopular, but I honestly wish he never did these EX parts, and just went straight to developing Shrift 2. I think the EX parts are good, but they're not good enough to justify delaying Shrift 2's development and release by a measure of years.

Unless I'm wrong and the dev has been working on Shrift 2 simultaneously, to the the point where he can release it very shortly after EX4's release.
He's working simultaneously, but the problem is a general design one.

For instance, he wants to make SHRIFT 2 into a more traditional JRPG, where you fight more often. Well that's according to one of his earlier posts anyway. He's designed a lot of demon girls, and I honestly prefer SHRIFT 2's design aesthetic to SHRIFT 1. Problem is, he's aiming kind of high. Scenes having multiple angles to view them at. Normal view, and POV view literally doubles his workload. He's aiming for a more traditional battle experience, so he'll need more enemies as well.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't got a handle on what direction he actually wants to take his second game yet. He's still experimenting. While he's doing that though, I appreciate him working on more content for Shrift 1 because he already knows what kind of game Shrift 1 is.

@ネコマタ狂アラン

: I know you're reading this thread, the patch has all the decrypted lines for Daiji's Pink Bed. If you need to re-generate them or need to rewrite them, I can provide all the lines to make your life easier if you want (not really sure what kind of data got corrupted on your end).

Thank you for your kindness.
The file that was broken this time was "Troops.rvdata2", which is the data before being encrypted.
I tried various things, but I found that it takes more time to convert various factors than rewriting the beginning of the pink bed event, so I will recreate the message and direction.

once again. Thank you very much.

Recorded Daji Railgun Event walkthrough.

GIVEN:
Equipment: Linear Cannon (duh), Cat Bell Collar (Haru and Liz affection 100 reward).
Passive: MP Max, ATK Max, MATK Max, MP Regeneration.
Spells: Hell Break (Psi Megido Max and Limit Break Max as requirements).
Items: Adrenaline, Morphine, Energy Drink (I just got lucky and was able to cast Hell Break on the first turn, normally I had to recover MP by using one Energy Drink).

How can i pick up the Linear Cannon? There is only a text that says "Linear cannon is installed. It is fixed to the pedestal and it doesn't make a big deal".
I want the Railgunbattle. Can someone help me?

Thank you for your kindness.
The file that was broken this time was "Troops.rvdata2", which is the data before being encrypted.
I tried various things, but I found that it takes more time to convert various factors than rewriting the beginning of the pink bed event, so I will recreate the message and direction.

once again. Thank you very much.

I'm sorry if my last post hurt your feelings. I love your games and the work you do. I'm just very excited to play SHRIFT 2 someday. It's my most anticipated game of this genre to play.

have no idea what your talking about with a battle you cant win on pacific, did you try to go where sphinx is and walk to the other side that where the chapter exit is if that does not work i dont know what to do.

Yes, that's what i tried but there's nothing to go further (No little white circles to advance to the next area). And there isn't a battle you can't win, but to finish pacific mode, you need to befriend all girls, right?
And i heard that to befriend one girl in 3-2 you needed to max lampas and empuse friendship, which is why i didn't went through after the sphinx fight. Which put me in that problematic situation unfortunately.

And i heard that to befriend one girl in 3-2 you needed to max lampas and empuse friendship, which is why i didn't went through after the sphinx fight. Which put me in that problematic situation unfortunately.
ya that be the spider girl once you get into her nest she blocks you from going to my room so if lampas and empuse are not maxed you cant get spider girl since she will kill herself and be gone forever even if you start a new game

ya that be the spider girl once you get into her nest she blocks you from going to my room so if lampas and empuse are not maxed you cant get spider girl since she will kill herself and be gone forever even if you start a new game

You can always go back to a previous Chapter via Chapter Select once you're in Archeny's Nest to get back into My Room. Additionally, a NG+ will let you try for this again if you've made any mistakes.

I'm sorry if I came as disrespectful, Alan. I was thinking about the workload. I wish you luck with developing SHRIFT 2. Good luck!

so im rather new, can someone explain to me what the EX versions are? and how to get my dirty pirate hands upon them? (no pirates were harmed in getting said hands)

so im rather new, can someone explain to me what the EX versions are? and how to get my dirty pirate hands upon them? (no pirates were harmed in getting said hands)
EX are post game story missions you can access. So far, there's 2, with the lads having hand translated them for the most part. There are 4 planned.

Back