What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

PlacentaSalad

Lurker
Reputation score
This game is sort of hard to understand given all the different status effect icons, multiple routes, etc. You don't gain any SP to improve your physical or magical skills from the "capsule" unless you're killing the demon girls? I just started playing SHRIFT and in chapter 1-2, there's a friendly Lampas NPC that has now appeared after defeating the Iron Maiden that is informing me that killing them lowers some sort of friendship rating but will give me XP to level up. So what exactly is the better route that won't result in a frustrating struggle later on so that I can experience the erotic content more easily? Death to demons or befriending them? I don't want to end up in a spot where I'm underpowered against a boss because I haven't been gaining any SP to upgrade anything and then I'm struggling to proceed in a game that is obviously designed to be challenging already. The Iron Maiden took 10+ shots from the basic pistol and I'm playing on easy difficulty.

Last edited:
Reputation score
This game is sort of hard to understand. You don't gain any SP to improve your physical or magical skills from the "capsule" unless you're killing the demon girls? I just started playing SHRIFT and in chapter 1-2, there's a friendly Lampas NPC that has now appeared after defeating the Iron Maiden that is informing me that killing them lowers some sort of friendship rating but killing them will give me XP to level up. So what exactly is the better route that won't result in a frustrating struggle later on so that I can experience the erotic content more easily? Death to demons or befriending them? I don't want to end up in a spot where I'm underpowered against a boss because I haven't been gaining any SP to upgrade anything and then I'm struggling to proceed in a game that is obviously designed to be challenging already. The Iron Maiden took 10+ shots from the basic pistol and I'm playing on easy difficulty.
Be friend with them leads to mercy or if you be friend with everyone and idk what more lead to True mercy route , I recommend avoid killing them because it wil make your character more agressive when you find other monster girls and lead you to genocide route

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
This game is sort of hard to understand given all the different status effect icons, multiple routes, etc. You don't gain any SP to improve your physical or magical skills from the "capsule" unless you're killing the demon girls? I just started playing SHRIFT and in chapter 1-2, there's a friendly Lampas NPC that has now appeared after defeating the Iron Maiden that is informing me that killing them lowers some sort of friendship rating but will give me XP to level up. So what exactly is the better route that won't result in a frustrating struggle later on so that I can experience the erotic content more easily? Death to demons or befriending them? I don't want to end up in a spot where I'm underpowered against a boss because I haven't been gaining any SP to upgrade anything and then I'm struggling to proceed in a game that is obviously designed to be challenging already. The Iron Maiden took 10+ shots from the basic pistol and I'm playing on easy difficulty.
Yes, it's a difficult game, but you do get SP to improve your physical and magical skills in the mercy route. The way to get SP in the mercy route is by fucking the demons you make friends with to 100 affection. Also the game is not very sexy in genocide route. A lot of fights turn into normal battles instead of sex battles.

EDIT:
Btw, the guide needs to be updated. They buffed Daiji. She instantly sets your LUST to 100 when she kisses you a second time now. If you don't have morphine up you'll never get to use your linear canon.

Last edited:

Quallneigge

Reputation score
Hello. I have a problem with my True Mercy run. I useing the walkthrough textfile from
Anegorami .
And i don't know what i am doing wrong. I played true mercy (blue save files) until the end of chapter 2-1. I saved after doing the Haru&Liz stuff and after that i did the Mother Rabbit befrending event (after that i saved again...still blue). Then i go to chapter 2-2 and suddenly the save is white. I was thinking i have to befrend Akane first before it get's blue again so i did that Akane event after defeting her and the twins. Still white save's.

Can someone enlighten me please?

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The walkthrough is quite straightforward in that part.
Clarify: does it turn white as soon as you're in the chapter and can save ?
Did you check if you have Mother Rabbit and cat twins in your room ?
How did first Nina fight go ?

Quallneigge

Reputation score
The walkthrough is quite straightforward in that part.
Clarify: does it turn white as soon as you're in the chapter and can save ?
Did you check if you have Mother Rabbit and cat twins in your room ?
How did first Nina fight go ?
I know that clarify can't be used in true mercy so i didn't used it. Buuuut....yea were are the cat's? They are not in the room. How do i get them there? There are so many options be there questline. Don't really know if i do it right ( but the save still was blue after that). And who is Nina????

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I know that clarify can't be used in true mercy so i didn't used it. Buuuut....yea were are the cat's? They are not in the room. How do i get them there? There are so many options be there questline. Don't really know if i do it right ( but the save still was blue after that). And who is Nina????
If you didn't get the cats, that's what you did wrong. You did not follow directions properly. If you don't have at least one battle scene with them you can't get them.

Quallneigge

Reputation score
Okaaay but i don't understand. There is no "real" battle were i can really fight one of them or am i wrong? and what do you mean with "you did not follow directions".
The guide just say's "Haru & Liz [ハル&リズ] - Clear their questline."
Thats it.

Anyways...i can't get true mercy now am i right? Not even if i load a blue save?
Can someone tell me how exactly i get this cats in the room?

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
the guide i have shows how to unlock Haru & Liz
How to unlock the cat beggars (haru & liz)
lower gun
buy two steak bento
ask for reward
they ask for drinks, instead meet the oni merchant to the right.
the merchant will charge you $500 for pulling it out.
if you maxed iron maiden affection, she will appear just in time to help you (for free), remember to pay her a visit later
drink 2 energy drinks and confront the cat beggars
struggle violently 3 times.

Quallneigge

Reputation score
Okay doky. I will try this. But i can't do it in this run anymore or can i? Do i have to do this right first time i meet them?
And still, who is Nina???

thanks everyone

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Okay doky. I will try this. But i can't do it in this run anymore or can i? Do i have to do this right first time i meet them?
And still, who is Nina???

thanks everyone
I'm guessing you aren't playing the game translated? There's a machine translation available done by Shrifted&co.
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-translation-version-2-0-machine-and-manual-translation.13278/

If you apply this, you'll get a lot of the game translated so you can understand the story and know who the characters are.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Actually, you can recognize the names without a translation, you just need to recognize kana strings.

Quallneigge

Reputation score
nina is the idol the one you do a dance battle
Ah yes i forgot about her cause i didn't saw that as a fight...more like a tutorial...but yea...i pressed everything right in this "fight".

I'm guessing you aren't playing the game translated? There's a machine translation available done by Shrifted&co.
https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-translation-version-2-0-machine-and-manual-translation.13278/

If you apply this, you'll get a lot of the game translated so you can understand the story and know who the characters are.
Thank you but i already have this translationpatch.

Oh and...I DID IT! Everything blue again! Your guide worked goldendark

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Do we know if the developer has completed the game? I understand not everything has been translated yet.

Lazyrick

Reputation score
Do we know if the developer has completed the game? I understand not everything has been translated yet.
Main game is done. currently working on side stories/post game stuff. EX1 and EX2 are done, EX3 is being worked on, and EX4 is also planned. After those, he's also working on Shrift 2: the Shrifter, and Shrift 3: the return of the Shrift.

AuS564

Reputation score
can i get some tips for the major fights? was stuck at the made and doll for the longest time. now stuck on echo, don't know what the gimmic is.