What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Madflavor

Reputation score
"After that, I will renew the system and animation and announce it as the next numbering. "

Announce it as the next numbering sounds like he's gonna do Shrift 2. Doesn't it, or am I reading into it?

Reputation score
What? No way chance in hell. I think it's just a another massive revamp instead of a sequel. Although I think shrift has one hell of an imagination to extend the plot till the next Skyrim game.

By da way, mind sharing us the tweet/post from that statement?

unassumingtentacle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have to agree just from the English text it sounds more like a revamp/remastering (personally I think the art style has its own kind of charm) than another game entirely. Seems like there's room to work with the idea, though.

Touching on the last page:

Can I ask what are the story differences on genocide route (if possible, in detail)? I've finished the game on pacifist route (and recruited everyone) and honestly I don't have the heart to actually kill them in a separate play through, but I'm still curious.
Almost every scene is different, some boss fights go differently, and you're a terrible person that kills just about everybody. It's not a particularly content-rich path (you should be able to get from 1-1 to 3-3 in ~3-4 hours on Easy, especially if you boost yourself with an older 75% completion save at the beginning), but taken with the backstory you get from the Compassion route, it's an experience.

Ed: Especially if you have another save file that has high affection for the girls - going w/o means you miss out on quite a bit.

Last edited:

Superadrian

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm missing the second to last scene for Nina on the list. I have Ebony's, Lazy's, Nina's, and the bonding one, though I can't tell what the fourth one is. Any help?

EDIT: Nevermind, was supposed to drop view rate to 0%

Last edited:

Lazzarus

Lurker
Reputation score
What? No way chance in hell. I think it's just a another massive revamp instead of a sequel. Although I think shrift has one hell of an imagination to extend the plot till the next Skyrim game.

By da way, mind sharing us the tweet/post from that statement?
Well there is no tweet just a PM from Pixiv.

Arythazin

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yes to the latter - she has 30,000 HP and a move that recovers 10,000 hp that she uses every 2nd (3rd?) turn - you're not beating her in a fair fight, ever.
Was curious as to how monstrously powerful you become from leveling up by killing everything constantly. Guess it's not that powerful.

Although it does make me curious. Does the oni not get turned off by you doing all your stuff in the genocide route?

unassumingtentacle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Was curious as to how monstrously powerful you become from leveling up by killing everything constantly. Guess it's not that powerful.

Although it does make me curious. Does the oni not get turned off by you doing all your stuff in the genocide route?
I -guess- if you abuse some mechanics (you can keep doing 2-3 for experience - have fun with that though) and get back to back crits, maaaybe you could beat her of your own strength? I want to say even with the magnum w/o crit damage you're probably only pulling 3-5k damage per turn assuming you aren't wasting hours of your life trying to powerlevel for a single fight that you'll win anyway. That should translate to somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-18k crit damage, which makes a double crit victory (with no healing in between) a feasible if improbable outcome. That being said, Genocide MC is far more powerful than the True Compassion counterpart, partly because of the levels and partly because of the much better gear.

As for Oni, she basically stops talking to you and everything she sells is 2-3 times more expensive.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Anyone else think Chapter 4 is gonna have more than just 4 encounters?

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There's something to be said about kissing in ecchi that sets it apart from other lewd acts.

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
depends on if the four crystals in the room but thoses are ether going to be just for the endings themselves or for the final bosses

there should only be three girls otherwise though

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
English patch updated, with better sex-scene translation (among other things).

After I release this WE patch I'll consider human translator(s) have to take over the project. I'll help them as I can (proofreading, merging their work) but I consider I can no longer improve the Auto-Translator with SHRIFT ver3.
SHRIFT will get less updates and I'll focus on another game.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
depends on if the four crystals in the room but thoses are ether going to be just for the endings themselves or for the final bosses

there should only be three girls otherwise though
Yup i think the same but in the end will be 7 (if those crystals are actually final bosses).

New twitter post with a new demon. I think it's her.
Uhh....okey.

In the other hand i just started a genocide run and......shit the lampas scene was B R U T A L and its even W O R S E if you maxed affection with the demons before the run. also the one who mentioned MC becoming Doomguy, he its right, MC its literally Doomguy mixed with being a total asshole (y)

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I could never genocide-route any game. Feels like it's just... Wrong. I still have memories of UT going through my head of people doing that route and I find some sort of self satisfaction that I never pulled it off.
How could you kill rabbit milf?
She's too pure.

Reputation score
I could never genocide-route any game. Feels like it's just... Wrong. I still have memories of UT going through my head of people doing that route and I find some sort of self satisfaction that I never pulled it off.
She's too pure.
Silly whore biscuit, all MOW are pure

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
She's too pure.
M A M A 10/10 waifu-demon no doubt, but as i said if oni get confirmed as genocide boss......well would be interesting to see.

well anyway as the big pussy i am, i just stopped after MC killed lampas when she was cryng wanting a hug, asking if all the murdering was just a cruel joke.... i guess this only happen if you have 100 affection with her first...dam

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, sure....
Except the double-headed poltergeist that genuinely tries killing you and destroying poor doll girl's hope in humanity
Stop telling me how they die. I don't want to think about it.