What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Ryuten

Reputation score
Story-wise? A lot. Whole T͖̲̬h͇̜̭͈e͇̠̬ ̶̠O͚͓̼͚̲̙̭̕l̼͎͜d͇̺̬͡ ͎̩̲̮̜̭͝O̹̱͢n̵̬̬̲̦͈e arc. And an opportunity to fight Hyakki Oni.
Scene-wise? Nothing.

Again, only some story pieces. Not so much as in Genocide route tho.
There are five variations of Neutral ending depending on your actions.

Also, you may want to marry each girl to see their extended ending.

Your guess is wrong - all the book (96% for the current version, the game is still incomplete, technically) can be unlocked by clearing True Mercy route alone.

There is no need - for now all but one route-specific content locks are reversible. You can t̪͉͔̹̲̫u̱͔r͉͜n̡̝ a̮̬̣͚͙͍l̳̗l̮̗͕̬͉̲͢ ̦̳̠͚͙̱ṱ̵h̬e̸̝̗̪͍̺ ͍͔̦̭̦d̠͈͈e̥͓̫͉͜ͅv̢̹i̠̣͇̻͙̠l̥͙͉̱͉̤s͏̺̳ ̗̫in҉͚̗͎̬t́o̹̲̥̦̱ ͠a͔̠͍͉̠̟͚ s̖̱͜t̺̗̖̯͔̘̟ea̖̲̖̦m͕̩̮̦į̤͚͕͔͍͍ng̰̝͓͈͇̼͡ ̨͚̰̤͎̱͇p̷͕̱̟i̜͈̺̲l҉̠̳̹̬̦͖̩e ̧o̲̰̯̰͕̟͜f͕̖͜ ͓̮̜̰͍g͇͇̗u͍̩̗̲̯̤̲r̜͕̮o̭̘̠͚ and then just save all of them two runs later like nothing have ever happened.
Screenshot (18).png
Do toy know which one i am missing. These are the only 5 ???? i have left.

Ryuten

Reputation score
Yea... yea.... i can't do Genocide..... It hurts my heart.... Especially the Lucy ;-; I can't handle this.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Yea... yea.... i can't do Genocide..... It hurts my heart.... Especially the Lucy ;-; I can't handle this.
To be honest, it makes objective sense on your first playthrough if you don't understand japanese. Without any real context, you're just a guy who woke up gets attacked by monsters and has to defend yourself. It's either you or them and they take your soul if they win. The game also overplays Kazuya's personality as a villain in Genocide imo. Genocide Kazuya is a completely reasonable person, until he goes apeshit for no reason.

If you dig in to the lore a bit, you find out that since you have magic powers you can't go to heaven or hell which is why you can revive yourself after every death.

So yeah, the monsters take your soul if they make you cum, and in my book that kinda makes them bad. The only ones I'd call "good" are the ones who really don't have any intention of hurting you. Haru, Barghest, and Mother Rabbit. Some of the monsters are unambiguously evil since they EAT people. "The Vore" monsters. Writing wise I don't understand why you'd try to turn these characters into allies but oh well. Gotta get that true mercy.

I feel like the other monsters were written to be "good" after the fact. Like Nina was a straight up villain who electrocuted a helicopter, and killed a pilot. She would also take your soul if she got you, but she's supposed to be forgiven because she used to be sick and just wants to be an idol?

In my eyes, Neutral's the canon ending.

Ryuten

Reputation score
To be honest, it makes objective sense on your first playthrough if you don't understand japanese. Without any real context, you're just a guy who woke up gets attacked by monsters and has to defend yourself. It's either you or them and they take your soul if they win. The game also overplays Kazuya's personality as a villain in Genocide imo. Genocide Kazuya is a completely reasonable person, until he goes apeshit for no reason.

If you dig in to the lore a bit, you find out that since you have magic powers you can't go to heaven or hell which is why you can revive yourself after every death.

So yeah, the monsters take your soul if they make you cum, and in my book that kinda makes them bad. The only ones I'd call "good" are the ones who really don't have any intention of hurting you. Haru, Barghest, and Mother Rabbit. Some of the monsters are unambiguously evil since they EAT people. "The Vore" monsters. Writing wise I don't understand why you'd try to turn these characters into allies but oh well. Gotta get that true mercy.

I feel like the other monsters were written to be "good" after the fact. Like Nina was a straight up villain who electrocuted a helicopter, and killed a pilot. She would also take your soul if she got you, but she's supposed to be forgiven because she used to be sick and just wants to be an idol?

In my eyes, Neutral's the canon ending.
Yea i would say Neutral (still don't know why he would friend Archeny or Titanboa) is the canon ending, Lucy, i felt extremely bad for Barghest. I think the story changes if your going from TM to Genocide. especially that barghest and lampus scene..... And i deleted that copy of the game after the Lucy fight. She looked p cool with the Aura.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Yea i would say Neutral (still don't know why he would friend Archeny or Titanboa) is the canon ending, Lucy, i felt extremely bad for Barghest. I think the story changes if your going from TM to Genocide. especially that barghest and lampus scene..... And i deleted that copy of the game after the Lucy fight. She looked p cool with the Aura.
I know right. Those two kinda deserved to die.
Screw the whole, "if you kill me you're just like me, and agree with my worldview."

No, I'm not killing you because I think "stronger people have the right to do what they want to weaker people." I'm killing you because you kidnapped tons of humans, exhausted them, and ate them whenever they were close to escaping. Has nothing to do with the power dynamics. If I keep you alive, you'll kill more people.

Lol, Titanoboa's "redemption" scene for mercy was such a joke. I honestly laughed. "Oh I've always been the strongest being around so after I got my ass kicked now I can see the value in treating you lesser beings as worthy." She's just a villain. Like straight up. She violently chased you around earlier with the full intent of eating you, and her reason was that she didn't even value you as an equal being XD.

Shrifted

Reputation score
Neutral (well, A at least) is all fine until
you realize that Kazuya is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and possibly end the world, and the player doesn't even know that unless they've played the True Mercy Ending.

Honestly, Aracheny and Titanoboa are probably small threats compared to Daiji, who completely karma houdinis out of everything she's done, walking away without a single punishment in the TME.

I don't think the other two are anywhere close to that, it's more like you've caused them to turn over a new leaf and try out not killing people while Kazuya rehabilitates them. I don't think Kazuya is quite letting them off the hook as easily as you think, and it's hardly that they're 'forgiven' or 'redeemed' so easily. I'm curious what the full translation of those two will say when I'm done, though!

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Neutral (well, A at least) is all fine until
you realize that Kazuya is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and possibly end the world, and the player doesn't even know that unless they've played the True Mercy Ending.

Honestly, Aracheny and Titanoboa are probably small threats compared to Daiji, who completely karma houdinis out of everything she's done, walking away without a single punishment in the TME.

I don't think the other two are anywhere close to that, it's more like you've caused them to turn over a new leaf and try out not killing people while Kazuya rehabilitates them. I don't think Kazuya is quite letting them off the hook as easily as you think, and it's hardly that they're 'forgiven' or 'redeemed' so easily. I'm curious what the full translation of those two will say when I'm done, though!
Karma houdini XD
Ok that was funny.

But yeah, Daiji's pretty damn aweful as well.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Lv1Villager has been AWOL, so I've taken over the translation project. It looks like he's still on a patch from when Lv1Villager was around, which is fairly out of date by now.
Oh, sorry, I haven't been keeping up to date.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Do toy know which one i am missing. These are the only 5 ???? i have left.
You're missing only entry 118 which is Abaddon (Twins) [双子]. Normally, it is opened by wining the battle during the Akane's befriending event. May be a bug.
However, you can safely ignore that entry until the final version of the game due the fact that you can't open the final 100% chest anyway (which only contains more SP. Lame.).

apooooo

Reputation score
I'm a bit confused. How do I start a genocide run after completing a TM playthrough? If I start from the beginning as EX I am not given the opportunity to attack or battle any of the demons, so it is impossible to try and wreck them.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
I'm a bit confused. How do I start a genocide run after completing a TM playthrough? If I start from the beginning as EX I am not given the opportunity to attack or battle any of the demons, so it is impossible to try and wreck them.
If I'm remembering correctly, Main menu -> おまけ -> the option with '2' in it which will clear NG+ flags

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
He gave tons of details on his ci-en page and
You just need to be a free follower to get the info.

Basically, there's a lot that's different in Shrift II

There will be more general combat in Shrift II, and the game will be less linear.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Shrift II protag. His name is Richard.
So, we'll be playing as that mysterious character who was mailing Kazuya all this time, huh...
件名:理由
送信者【Richard】

《本文》==========================================
私は罪を犯した
あろうことか、神は彼女を巻き込んだ
彼女を裏切るように仕向けられた
裏切りのユダ
彼女は悪くない
彼女は幸せであるべきだ
私の肉体が滅びようと
ブドウ酒のワイン
ちぐはぐな思念だけになろうと