What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Anegorami

Reputation score
Ok, as a total noob to game dev, is RPG maker VX bad? Or is it just outdated? Just Curious.
It's not "just outdated", it's gravely outdated. It's Windows-only, doesn't allow resolutions higher than 640x480 (unless you do some reverse engineering magic that'll both make the engine to glitch like hell and is forbidden by EULA), has a lot of things hardcoded and lacks some good modern features MV have, like video layer playing. Still, with all that said, I would say that moving from Ruby to JavaScript was a mistake, as Ruby allows to do proper OOP and has a much cleaner syntax, unlike JS. Oh well, guess we will soon have Kernel-layer drivers on JS, as that's the way of progress.

Kaerdron

Reputation score
Ok, as a total noob to game dev, is RPG maker VX bad? Or is it just outdated? Just Curious.
Just really, really outdated. RPG VX came out in 2007, with the upgrade VX Ace in 2012. Since then, two more versions were released, with the latest being in 2020.

The thing is (it might be only me), but the fact that RPG VX and Ace are graphically hard to discern from one another make it feel like 90% of RPG Maker games were made with the same system.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The thing is (it might be only me), but the fact that RPG VX and Ace are graphically hard to discern from one another make it feel like 90% of RPG Maker games were made with the same system.
there is easy way to see if the game was made in VX or VX Ace games made with VX have the unicorn horse as the game exe when VX Ace has the dragon as there game exe

The Dud3

Reputation score
I feel like the Final boss of genocide was designed, to make you cheat, like i remember nothing else when i try to remember it.

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I feel like the Final boss of genocide was designed, to make you cheat, like i remember nothing else when i try to remember it.
I think they nerfed it after players gave feedback. It got nerfed like twice. Still hard though :^)

FirstForm

Reputation score
Hey guys, can someone share full save? (including ex4) i've already did have true mercy ending but my pc got busted up... so now im with nothing :3 Plz HELP! :D Oooooh and Stay Safe :)

Tenma

Reputation score
I wonder if Shrift 2 will release in chapters…

stalkkaajasi

Reputation score
I was planning to play genoside route after I had finished ex4. just played the translated version got the true salvation ending and let me tell I dont want to play genoside anymore

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
I was planning to play genoside route after I had finished ex4. just played the translated version got the true salvation ending and let me tell I dont want to play genoside anymore
Not that you would be able to, anyway. EX4 completion blocks Geno.

gmd2404

Reputation score
Sorry i am new in this game, i download a version already patched of v8.06, how i can patch it to version 8.07?

Anonymous_Pervert

Reputation score
You're gonna need a fresh game to use the translation patch. You cannot update your game to a newer version, so you're either going to need to buy the game, or wait for the place you got that from to upload the newest version

gmd2404

Reputation score
You're gonna need a fresh game to use the translation patch. You cannot update your game to a newer version, so you're either going to need to buy the game, or wait for the place you got that from to upload the newest version
ok, thanks for the info

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Odd question-- anyone have a save before the final story fight?
Want to hop back in and start where I left off but my old SSD became a DED but I don't want to spend a schoolweek trying to get back to where I was.
Just want to beat the game with my %100 run but my desktop finally croaked.

rodgerroe

Reputation score
Does anyone happen to know the song that plays in the library room at Hell's Gate? The place where demon encounters are recorded. I couldn't find it in the game's audio folder.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Does anyone happen to know the song that plays in the library room at Hell's Gate? The place where demon encounters are recorded. I couldn't find it in the game's audio folder.
that the room with the red book and chests right if so its Dungeon7