What's new

ACT Ryona [Dr. Linch] Primeval Planet: Angimanation

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to H-games as game has been released.

Edit: Last time, I promise.

Last edited:

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Will there be an updated demo?
A comment on the blog says that it's currently an early access game, and that a demo is planned but it's not a priority.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
If this is really EA then it needs to be moved back to GUC. If anyone could confirm...

Edit: ya know what? fuck it, I'm gonna move it back anyway. Aaaand wash my hands of this thread.

Last edited:

Uxot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Can't even try to buy the game i get error when i go back to the page after creating an account...Fail...

ryproar

Reputation score
Wow even on easy this game is brutal. Hardly any ammo, enemies spawn way to quickly, and no idea what to do or where to go... Beta I understand but seriously at least make easy EASY.
He really needs to work on spawn rates and maybe a walk through or something. Other than that it is a good game.
Until I can figure out what I am doing quest wise I will just see if I can cheat.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
If this is really EA then it needs to be moved back to GUC. If anyone could confirm...

Edit: ya know what? fuck it, I'm gonna move it back anyway. Aaaand wash my hands of this thread.
The game is completed, the only "early access" thing is the english translation

Last edited:

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Wow even on easy this game is brutal. Hardly any ammo, enemies spawn way to quickly, and no idea what to do or where to go... Beta I understand but seriously at least make easy EASY.
He really needs to work on spawn rates and maybe a walk through or something. Other than that it is a good game.
Until I can figure out what I am doing quest wise I will just see if I can cheat.
Ammo was set on a certain level due to how testers were able to clear the game (unfortunately for the western casuals, most of them were chinese :D ). You should be able to create some more from the items you can find. "Just enough" though...
I myself (a filthy european) was able to do it on a rather low count but you must be aware of how certain enemies behave. For example, the ambushers (facehugger-wannabes) will respond to you and fall down if you run (impossible to avoid damage by running past them). You can out-run most of the other enemies (if they are not aggroed in the first place). In 70% of situations, you are able to move through the room full of enemies without a single hp lost. The 30% is mostly due to having a bad placement of enemies (like 1 ambusher being up, with his ground-dwelling cousin being right next to him on a floor - then you must run past them and get one hit from the falling one).
Of course, there's a problem of breeding pods / lairs - if you move in/out of the room, enemies may not only respawn but multiply (it's toned down as well because there was no limit in the past). There's an inhibitor item that can help you but you must remember that the game uses the Resident Evil kind of approach to the item management. In short - you are not supposed to have everything and must choose what's important.
As for walkthrough - I can see that if you are used to a linear kind of modern games, it might be hard. I personally had only a few problems during testing and they are no longer present in a released version but I'm used to having no real clues from playing Morrowind in my childhood years :p

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I haven't played it since I think the first demo, so I hope the translation gets finished and the new demo gets released sometime soon. I remember it being somewhat difficult, but not insane.

Oir

Reputation score
Ammo was set on a certain level due to how testers were able to clear the game (unfortunately for the western casuals, most of them were chinese :D ). You should be able to create some more from the items you can find. "Just enough" though...
I myself (a filthy european) was able to do it on a rather low count but you must be aware of how certain enemies behave. For example, the ambushers (facehugger-wannabes) will respond to you and fall down if you run (impossible to avoid damage by running past them). You can out-run most of the other enemies (if they are not aggroed in the first place). In 70% of situations, you are able to move through the room full of enemies without a single hp lost. The 30% is mostly due to having a bad placement of enemies (like 1 ambusher being up, with his ground-dwelling cousin being right next to him on a floor - then you must run past them and get one hit from the falling one).
Of course, there's a problem of breeding pods / lairs - if you move in/out of the room, enemies may not only respawn but multiply (it's toned down as well because there was no limit in the past). There's an inhibitor item that can help you but you must remember that the game uses the Resident Evil kind of approach to the item management. In short - you are not supposed to have everything and must choose what's important.
As for walkthrough - I can see that if you are used to a linear kind of modern games, it might be hard. I personally had only a few problems during testing and they are no longer present in a released version but I'm used to having no real clues from playing Morrowind in my childhood years :p
Right, but the entire point of "easy" mode is to appeal to the casual audience. You can say that "oh our testers were able to clear it" and "you can use specific strategies to get through just 70% of rooms just fine." But the point of "easy" mode is to not have to think about stuff like that. On another note, 30% of rooms not being designed to be able to be cleared without HP loss sounds frustrating in it's own right. It doesn't feel great from a gameplay point of view to not be able to do anything except lose HP.

Your game your rules obviously. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Right, but the entire point of "easy" mode is to appeal to the casual audience. You can say that "oh our testers were able to clear it" and "you can use specific strategies to get through just 70% of rooms just fine." But the point of "easy" mode is to not have to think about stuff like that. On another note, 30% of rooms not being designed to be able to be cleared without HP loss sounds frustrating in it's own right. It doesn't feel great from a gameplay point of view to not be able to do anything except lose HP.

Your game your rules obviously. Just throwing my 2 cents in.
First of all, so there's no confusion here - I'm not a dev, nor am I his representative (no one is, so don't take anything here as a given!). I'm just one of the testers and part of his translation team, so I wanted to give some insight into what is going on behind the scenes. BTW, it wasn't in the Early-Access because it's a cancerous idea (for both sides, believe it or not) :)

As for easy mode and your 2 cents - that's a criticism and a valid one at that (mostly). Such comments from the western audience are valuable, especially considering the future updates or projects. Don't think that I don't get you and your problems as a player. Not that long ago, I was frustrated by how one of the first enemies in a new level of Sinisistar was supposed to be defeated, even on easy (because it was hard by design, not stats).

I've played the game multiple times and can tell you that the game is relatively easy when you get the idea how to act. My description was a bit unfortunate but I didn't want to make a full thesis on how the game works. In short - you are able to NOT fire a single bullet and move through 70% of rooms without any hp loss if you are a sensible person, while there are some situations where you must use your weapon to kill an enemy or two. Of course, spawn rate might be a thing for debate in terms of future updates, especially for the lower difficulties.

Main difficulty I see here is the fact that game follows an older, harsher approach to map design and item management. Most people now aren't used to the fact that some key they've got doesn't come with a location for the place where it's supposed to be used (it was supposed to create a bit of realism to the whole scenario). Still, I agree that some additional clues might be necessary, regardless of difficulty, to avoid frustration :) While the game itself is finished, there will be patches, even the ones related to the gameplay mechanics if necessary.

dumalyn

Reputation score
Just got into the armory and picked up the ammo in there after I got the general battery, I don't know where else to go? Can't open any new doors whatsoever.

ryproar

Reputation score
You see the man issues I am having is there is no clear way to tell what is going on or what to do. (Objectives make no sense.)
Enemy spawn rates are crazy to say the least. (Easy should have it easier)
Comparing a Chinese player base to Westerner is ridiculous. (I could go into it but I refuse to go down that rabbit hole)
If you only get testers who can beat hard games and love it, it will become a very one sided game. (Even Dark Souls had casual players test the game. Let that sink in)
And finally, I know that the game is in beta and it has bugs but many of them are game breaking so even a simple mistake can lead to hours of work being undone. (I got one near the end... the end that made me respawn without a gun...)
You see those are the exact reasons I have a problem with this game. I know testers are saying "we tested it and it is fine." but if you do not heed the public in terms of difficulty... Well you will end up failing. Testers do not represent the consumer well enough in this situation.
I guess I will just wait until I can get a save file or wait until he fixes the difficulty. From a consumer stand point I feel kinda alienated.
Oh and I only play open world games but they give you clear objective points so no I am not used to linear games tbh.

Last edited:

dumalyn

Reputation score
Found out how to progress, if anyone is stuck at the some point as me, here's what you need to do after getting into the armoury:

- Shoot the barricades inside the armory on the left and right, collect the keycard on the left side
- You can also go through the poison room now in which there's quite a lot of loot

Side note, I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty and the game's been quite easy so far, then again I'm a difficulty junkie.

Yunguy1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
There are several translation issues [ which is a given to be honest ], but a bit of trial and error doesn't hurt. Being horny also negatively impacts you gameplay-wise, which does force you to try and avoid getting into any sort of copulation scenarios or, at the minimum, try and rebuild your armour.

ryproar

Reputation score
My point still stands though. There is no difference between the difficulties that I can notice.
I hit a game breaking bug and had to redo A LOT of work. The game still needs quite a bit of work from my point of view. No clear explanations on how to repair armor or even where to go does become arduous after the 4th game breaking bug. My save respawned me without the card I just picked up and the door it worked on was locked. 4 times this happened so like I said I will just wait for a save file or cheat. :(
That and no one is willing to give a walk through or even give a hint. For a hentai game it sure does punish everyone who plays it.

Last edited:

dumalyn

Reputation score
Yeah, it's getting really tedious for me as well. I have absolutely no idea where to go most of the time.

Just got the monitoring station keycard and I'm stumped.

deathwalker383

Reputation score
So apparently whole portions of the game are locked behind crack chips which can only be gotten by higher difficulties, seemingly leaving only the one ending available on easy.

As well, the game seems to forget that it's an H-game and locks a lot of content behind inconvenience, The pregnancy system causing a game over, H attacks doing health damage with good healing being fairly uncommon at higher difficulties, the convoluted and poorly translated crafting system, the fact you don't have anywhere near enough inventory space to make use of it. The fact that 80 percent of that inventory will be filled with keys and keycards by the time you get to the first ending with no idea whither you will need them (make them disappear on use or make them not take space).

dumalyn

Reputation score
I just completed the game on the highest difficulty and got the bad ending. I have no idea what else I could have done, since I couldn't access anything other than the ending room at the time.

Really clunky gameplay, this game either desperately needs a guide or just a rework because this is more backtracking than anything.

Cyln

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, it's getting really tedious for me as well. I have absolutely no idea where to go most of the time.

Just got the monitoring station keycard and I'm stumped.
Same. Been running around for ages now.