What's new

batman21

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [RJ120635] [Eclipse works] Ariadne

am really sad since eclipse work dosent look like their doing a new game
like magica and ariadne were great but i look at their blog often and nothing is there except for ariadne release dates witch makes me sad
if anyone knows something i dont about them pls do tell itll be really appreciated

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Also interested in knowing if these guys are doing anything new. Really enjoyed this one.

Spoilers below are some missing translations or slight issues I noticed in my play through (mostly chronological). If you play the game linearly you won't get most of these, but a few are items or part of the story. I skipped obvious typos since the player can figure those out.

• After the flames disappear and the seal is unlocked, when Fran tries to exit Misthorn Village
    • "早く帰ったほうがいいわね" -> It's best if I get back home early.
  • Speaking to priest during village gathering
    • Grandpa becomes the speaker even though he's not around
  • When Fran wakes up in Markid clinic
    • Nurse says "I found you being carried by the brook and I brought you here" and "I only brought you", but the rest of the story seems to indicate it was the towngirl in the magic tool store who found her.
  • In the Bandit Warehouse, a barrel in the left room has an untranslated item.
    • "山賊砦の宝物庫のカギを手に入れた" -> Obtained key to the bandit fort's treasure.
  • In the Bandit Prison, a barrel in the top left corner has an untranslated item.
    • "山賊砦の牢屋のカギを手に入れた" -> Obtained key to the bandit fort's jail.
  • If trying to leave the Bandit Prison, there's untranslated text.
    • "まずはおじさんを解放しないと" -> I should release the old man first.
  • After rescuing the Simon from the magic tool store.
    • Fran says "I am also glad that my father managed to get back safe". Should be "your father" instead.
  • In the ship to Coldia
    • "三等客屋303号屋" -> Third class rooms room 303
  • When ship to Coldia gets sucked in by the lord of the sea, a bunch of untranslated text in the bookshelves in the right room.
    • I didn't translate all these, but the general gist is discussing a guy's research or building of a gate to the world of truth. The text is intentionally obscured so you can't read all of it.
  • Untranslated fairy coin text in Endoll's Triumphal Square (also the only fairy coin text I could find that's formatted differently)
    • "妖精コインを手に入れた" -> Obtained fairy coin.
  • When going to the extinguished flames in Misthorn immediately after returning
    • "まずは村に帰ったほうがいいわね" -> I should return to the village first.

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thx, I didn't proofread much of yariel's half but since you went through the trouble to document it I cleaned it up for you.

Should all be fixed except a few:
Speaking to priest during village gathering
-This actually happens the same way in the JP ver so I left it.

When ship to Coldia gets sucked in by the lord of the sea, a bunch of untranslated text in the bookshelves in the right room.
-I remember this was a pain to think about how to translate and obscure certain parts accurately so I left it for later... I still think I'll leave it for another day... when I really have nothing to do.

Untranslated fairy coin text in Endoll's Triumphal Square (also the only fairy coin text I could find that's formatted differently)
-Couldn't find this one. Which was the triumphal square again? :confused:

Froleytia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

uhhh i never managed to finish this game i lost its file somehow long ago
hmm makes me wonder guys can u link me the lastest version and translation of it pls that would be greatly appreciated :D

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

uhhh i never managed to finish this game i lost its file somehow long ago
hmm makes me wonder guys can u link me the lastest version and translation of it pls that would be greatly appreciated :D
nyaa.se
This is where you should always look first when you can't find something.

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thx, I didn't proofread much of yariel's half but since you went through the trouble to document it I cleaned it up for you.

Should all be fixed except a few:
Speaking to priest during village gathering
-This actually happens the same way in the JP ver so I left it.

When ship to Coldia gets sucked in by the lord of the sea, a bunch of untranslated text in the bookshelves in the right room.
-I remember this was a pain to think about how to translate and obscure certain parts accurately so I left it for later... I still think I'll leave it for another day... when I really have nothing to do.

Untranslated fairy coin text in Endoll's Triumphal Square (also the only fairy coin text I could find that's formatted differently)
-Couldn't find this one. Which was the triumphal square again? :confused:
Awesome, thanks for keeping things up to date! Response below.

Triumphal Square isn't actually Endoll, but the ruins before reaching the castle. Screenshot: i.imgur.com/rjkUMcj.png

Directions:
Enter castle ruins (not the castle itself)
Head west to the next screen (Triumphal Square)
Keep going west under pillars to the corner of the path. There should be sparkling rubble with the coin.

Attachments

Last edited:

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

First off, cheers for the fantastic TL. Great to see such heroic deeds as doing full translations (and helping out post-TL) for both the Eclipse Works games. Will defo try them...

Allow me to ask a question though, since this thread has resurfaced:
acquired the ENG versions of both Magica and Ariadne, and both seem to be the TLed versions of v1.00.
I could deduce from DLsite that 1.03 is the latest (and in all probability, final) version of Magica, and Ariadne has 1.04 on nyaa, though I can't really tell from anywhere what the latest version for that is.

So, Q:
could the TLs our saviour m1zuki so kindly provided be used for the 1.03 Magica and 1.04 Ariadne versions? Apparently for Ariadne at least one scene was added and many things "revised" v1.01 through v1.04 - according to the readme of v1.04. Guess the same applies to v1.03 of Magica.

Or will I have to roll with the v1.00s if wanting to indulge myself in English goodness? :p

Too much of v1.* wasn't it?! lol
Sorry.

Also, forgive me if something similer had already been asked in the first 94 or so pages of the thread.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Allow me to ask a question though, since this thread has resurfaced:
acquired the ENG versions of both Magica and Ariadne, and both seem to be the TLed versions of v1.00.
I could deduce from DLsite that 1.03 is the latest (and in all probability, final) version of Magica, and Ariadne has 1.04 on nyaa, though I can't really tell from anywhere what the latest version for that is.
I think I played Ariadne 1.04 and the latest Magica version (a few months ago from DLsite) using m1zuki's translation and had no issues.

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Triumphal Square
Ok fixed, thanks.

could the TLs be used for the 1.03 Magica and 1.04 Ariadne versions?
Both translations were made using the latest versions. What made you think they were 1.00?

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think I played Ariadne 1.04 and the latest Magica version (a few months ago from DLsite) using m1zuki's translation and had no issues.
Yesterday I did notice a Ariadne 1.04 link which had the japanese version of the game but didn't work with the english patch. I'll PM to m1zuki for investigation since I doubt people here would want an untranslatable version of the game.

zipetya

Reputation score

Both translations were made using the latest versions. What made you think they were 1.00?
Hmm, had them (the TLed games) on my hard drive for a couple of months, now trying to find time to try them. And the readme.txts tell me they are v1.00, both.
And the ENG version acquirable from nyaa seems to suggest v1.00 as well (Ariadne).

Maybe somewhere along the line an updated version was shared in the thread, and everybody was applying the patch to that? Or maybe a patch for the later/latest version was shared here? Perhaps.

Though the one on nyaa was uploaded on 10/13, 2015. So why it is v1.00 is beyond me. lol

It seems, according to keith3 that a virgin 1.04 though indeed has compatibility issues after all? Then again, stoper brough hope. :p
Will test it myself with the 1.04 nyaa version (Ariadne), and report back.

Anyways, thanks for looking into it guys!
It's my thing to rather play with the final version whenever possible, and if English can be applied as well - even the better! :D

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Check your game again. There's a "Read_Me" file and then a "Reed_Me file". You probably already have the 1.04 version and didn't realize it.

keith3 linked me an 'untranslatable' version of Ariadne, but I went to test it and it works with the translation just fine... :confused:

Just make sure you're patching it correctly.

Again to be clear, the translation for Ariadne was made in 1.04, there are no compatibility issues to worry about.

The same goes for Magica in v1.03.

If you think you don't have v1.04, read the "Reed_Me" file and not the "Read_Me" file.

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

keith3 linked me an 'untranslatable' version of Ariadne, but I went to test it and it works with the translation just fine... :confused:
Just tested again (Ctrl+C everything in Ariadne_E, Ctrl+V in the Ariadne 1.04 directory, select merge existing), and still didn't work. But not gonna push it, if it works for you I assume I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for verifying. :)

zipetya

Reputation score

Holy Moly, I think you may be right!!

The thing is, that my ENG Ariadne version from before only had a "Reed_Me.txt" stating it in fact was the v1.00 - as is the case with the ENG version downloadable from nyaa (only that Reed_Me.txt there too).

And since the game's window title just reads "Ariadne", I had no means to tell that the "Reed_Me" was wrong! But now after checking the data folder and seeing the last modification dates of the files there -sans the ones you have recently modified to fix typos and missing lines- were indeed the same, I know the two translations are in fact from the same patch!

I was immensely mislead!! lol For future reference, if I have no readme file (or a lying one! :p) in the folder, and the game window's title won't say, is there any -easy- way to tell what version the game actually is?

Btw, I also tried the nyaa JAP 1.04 version, patched it with your TL, and it started without hickups for me too - though only played for a couple of minutes.

I guess the very same can be said for my copy of Magica too. It only has a "最初にお読み下さい.txt" in the main folder, saying it is v1.00. Got it in February this year, so it is probably the latest version patched with your TL. But just to be on the safe side, I'm gonna download a 1.03 from nyaa and apply your patch to that! ;P

Thanks for the help m1zuki! Appreciated.

Also, keith3, it is simple, but not that simple to apply translations to these games. Check this thread if you ever need to actually patch it yourself with the translators' provided files:
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28259

Cheers!

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Also, keith3, it is simple, but not that simple to apply translations to these games. Check this thread if you ever need to actually patch it yourself with the translators' provided files: (not enough posts to show links)

Cheers!
Ah, thanks zipetya! I never knew that the Game.rgss3a also needed to be edited. I guess I got lucky all the past times when copy/pasting worked :)

Dashboard320

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks to this thread i finally got around to finishing the game, probably the first H game where i actually paid any attention to the story. I still have one question, how does one go about opening the door which is to the left of the skeleton/corpse in sun temple.

I already looted the lava room's treasury (the one with the power glove) then froze things and got the sun scepter. I broke every barrel, pot and spoke to every npc in Sandra and yet no clue as to how to open that door.

Any advice? (Sorry for the necro but really curious)

Kwai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I still have one question, how does one go about opening the door which is to the left of the skeleton/corpse in sun temple.
You can't open the left door. I double checked the game in RPG Maker, and it really does nothing, it has no script to transfer the player to another room. Why it's there to begin with, no clue.

Shayoko

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thoughts 20-25+ hours
i wasn't expecting much from this as H games usually have stupid stories.characters and events but this for the most part was surprisingly good.
with the ability to avoid being raped rather then it just happening despite being able to kill gods...which is the usual formula this was refreshing for not doing that.
with several endings,changeable cloths (most of which seem to only give sex scene access or general visuals which is fine)
challenging bosses and lots to do i would definitely recommend this.

Random thoughts (spoilers)
spots that are not translated or have mistakes

"friend" blames you for something that is 100% his fault.

in Markid the lottery sellers prizes feel wrong...a silver star item ends up beigna bronze 1 star item.
and the first prize gold star is a 2 star silver. why is this?

Fran is really annoying how angry she gets at Vivian for no reason

getting the Mandragora root is annoying there are several enemies mixed in and it doesn't drop it all the time.

fairys use regular currency even tho it should be fairy coins

quest 7 subdue the flame giant .cannot find him. i searched alot too!

when you finally break out of prison theres little difference. how could you go to the same place you caused a crime and they not notice?

in endoll the underground area still has scum bags even tho you got rid of the family
the bank people are still there too. the dev did a poor job changing the town. after all the work you put in it should feel like it was worth the time in the towns atmosphere.

the balancing for accessory's needs serious work. the masamune and assassin ring should give more then a mere 5% critical...they are 3 star gold items! the 2 star warrior ring gives 7%! and you get that much earlier!

disappointed you couldn't destroy the village
also we could not kill the minister or go destroy the prison.

Sporadicus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I enjoyed this and Magica, EW's other game. I just wish they didn't drop off the face of the earth.

Their games were very well received, too!

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The flame giant is hidden very well :) While you're on some bridge in that tower that has vines outside that need to be burned down or they regenerate, there is a path down a vine. Once you go down the vine, you will get to a cave with the giant inside.

It's been long since I played it, but I'm like 95% sure I remember it right.