B. Because you're sleepy.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Fallout: New Vegas CYOA

Cheryl decides to continue down the road, heading for Novac as the sun goes down. She arrives in the town just as the last bit of light disappears from view. The town itself was small, a collection of tiny houses and a motel with a few bungalows, as well as a massive dinosaur statue facing away from the motel. Cheryl decided to check herself into the motel for the night, and entered the lobby building.

Inside, a man in a beret and simple white clothing with brown pants was arguing with an elderly woman behind the desk. "Dammit, Jeanie May. Why did you do it?" he asks, as the elderly woman looks straight ahead and into his eyes. "Because she was too good for you, and for us, and for pretty much the entire wasteland. Plus, the town needed the caps to survive Boone, you know that." she says, as the man who seemed to be named Boone growls and slams his fists on the counter top. "That's not good enough for me! You hated her ever since day one. This was just some means to an end. I'd kill you myself if I weren't responsible for protecting this town." he says, then turns and starts walking out of the lobby, stepping aside and allowing Cheryl to walk past.

"Sorry about that, dear. Did you need a room?" the elderly woman asks, Cheryl nodding as she points over her shoulder at the door. "Who was that man?" she asks, reaching into her pockets for some caps, and trying to find the 50 caps she had looted off the gang members. "That was Boone, one of our two snipers. They keep the town safe from any threat that may come in to town. Boone normally has a watch from nine at night to nine in the morning." the old woman says, smiling as Cheryl pulls out the 50 caps she had in her pocket. "Since it's so late and you look to be a bit on the poor side right now, it'll be ten caps for the night." she says, as Cheryl hands over ten caps and the elderly woman hands over a room key. "Second floor, closest to the gate. Have a good rest."

Cheryl then exits the lobby and hods the room key in her hand, debating what to do.

A) Go right to bed
B) Go find Boone, he seems like a good enough guy.
C) Explore that giant statue.
D) Other

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

B!

Reputation score

This seems to have stalled, but I like what I've read so far, so here's hoping it may continue one day.

B.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((So, considering this has been sitting for ages and no one else is going to vote, might as well advance it.))

Cheryl decides that it would be a good idea to go after this Boone fellow, and find out just why he was so angry. She then looks up at the sky, already darkening, and looks around, seeing Boone enter a bungalow near the giant dinosaur, and deciding to see what she can find out. After approaching the bungalow, she decided to knock several times, waiting for Boone to answer the door. When he did, he did so with a pistol gripped in his left hand and in plain view. "What do you want." he asks in a gruff tone, as if angry for the sheer fact that he was talking to anyone. "Uhm. I overheard you talking to the elderly woman. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help." she says, Boone staring straight ahead at her through his sunglasses, before he opens the door all the way and steps aside. "You might be able to help me. But I don't want the conversation leaving this room." he says, as Cheryl enters the bungalow, Boone closing the door behind her and moving to a small workbench where his rifle sat.

"Jeanie-May did something. Something I never thought possible. She sold my wife to slavers in the dead of night, and claims she did it for the good of the town. I think it's a load of bullshit. But I can't quite shoot her in the head and be done with it." He states plainly, as he begins to disassemble his rifle, Cheryl sitting down on the bed and listening. "I need your help. I'm a good shot, and I could take down a hundred Legionnaire's by myself at long range. But the wasteland isn't always like that. I can't handle anything in close combat. I need your help heading north towards their territory. If you can get me to Boulder City, I'll let you go your separate way." He finishes taking his rifle apart at that point, and begins cleaning the various parts, before putting it back together again. "So, what do you say? Want to help an old sniper get out of a sleepy town like this?"

A) YES!
B) No, he hates the legion.
C) Eh, maybe [ALTERNATE CHOICE, MAKE IT A GOOD ONE.]

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A, with a dash of C. Eh, maybe... But only if I can have that cool beret. ;)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A! BOON!!!

Kring

Lurker
Reputation score

A. Why would anyone choose different?