What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Of course, the Bioware writers have gone on record stating that there is no "canon" playthrough of DA:O. Any one, with any choices made, can be considered canon.
And yet DA2 gives an option to use a Canon predetermined series of events. it lists some alternatives, but has one at the top which it lists as either Canon, or something meaning about the same thing. The Warden was a human noble, blah blah justice, Alistair was made (solo) king.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

And yet DA2 gives an option to use a Canon predetermined series of events. it lists some alternatives, but has one at the top which it lists as either Canon, or something meaning about the same thing. The Warden was a human noble, blah blah justice, Alistair was made (solo) king.
I've only used an import myself. As for the presets, none of them actually say that they're THE canon, just whether or not the Warden was a goody-two-shoes, a hardass, or somewhere in-between. They basically picked an alignment for the warden and molded the results around the most likely choices when it came to in-game decisions. The one you're thinking of is the "Hero of Ferelden" option, which is the "good" route, but it still isn't necessarily canon, it just implies a Warden that attempted to do good whenever confronted with a choice, as opposed to "No Compromise," where the Warden is supposed to have taken the harder route of the decision making process (likely what we'd consider the 'evil' choices) or "Martyr," which is supposed to be a mix of the two. None of them say that their route is the right one when it comes to DA:O canon.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I still remember the "hero of ferelden" being the "default one". Which might as well say canon.

I ended up using a premade because my save data for some reason said that Alistair died.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I still remember the "hero of ferelden" being the "default one". Which might as well say canon.

I ended up using a premade because my save data for some reason said that Alistair died.
Eh, that's getting into a semantical-type argument that will probably have us going back and forth.

As for the save data, that blows. I had my pick, actually, of which save I wanted to use. Went with my first DA:O playthrough first time around. Not that my play-style is hugely different with most of my playthroughs, but we'll see.

Also attempted to start Golems of Amgarrak today. It froze on me right after the intro. Dammit.

E

Exofluke

Mother fucker... I thought I saw that before but when I checked I couldn't find it. Alas...
It's all good.

Here's my fav character's fatality:

There's a ton more if your search youtube. Someone also released the story mode cutscenes as well. xD

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

So, I hear that Kratos gets to be a secret character in the game, but apparently, they were considering other ideas ahead of time. Either that, or Nintendo wanted in on the action...

E

Exofluke

Lots of hype from Machinima, especially since they're hosting the new MK web series.

I also caught some word that the reward for completing the 300th challenge (in the challenge tower) is some alt costume for Mileena, where she's basically nude. I really hope that isn't the only reward. >_<

Fuck! That is the only reward. How gay...

Also, each character has four fatalities. Two which are gore based, then they brought back the , and finally I'm guessing they brought back the animalities? All I know is there's four spots under the finishing moves list. So a forth has yet to be confirmed.

and finally... the 2nd fatality to my fav character:

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

What, NOW you guys get excited about MK? I've been looking for someone to orgasm with for the past two months now, and NOW you guys start talking about it?! ):<

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What, NOW you guys get excited about MK? I've been looking for someone to orgasm with for the past two months now, and NOW you guys start talking about it?! ):<
I've been fairly excited about it since the announcement, and playing the demo on PS3 awhile back I'm rather happy with how it controls. It's just that recently they've been putting out a fair amount of publicity for it.

That said, while I'm eager to get the full game, there's other things that have my attention more, like LA Noire.

E

Exofluke

I've been hyped since it's first announcement trailer.

Here's a better compilation of the fatalities:

Also, there's word around the official MK forums that the Mileena alt costume is not the only reward. In fact, you get that reward if you skip any of the stages. So I guess for completing all the stages without buying your way past, you get an ultimate reward?

Also, it looks like animalities are back?

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

The one thing I'm disappointed in Midw-Netherrealm studios about is that they're announcing so many things about the game before it's even out. I've already taken the pledge to not look at anything else because it'll spoil some of the game for me, which seems to be their goal, looking at all the content that's been circulating around lately.

Like the announcement of Kenshi and Skarlet? They're DLC! Tell us when the game's actually out, not as a way to hype us up! Jeez! I get the Kratos announcement, because he's from a different game, but those two can wait until after release to be announced!

E

Exofluke

I have a feeling we'll be surprised as far as unlockables goes. I mean, holds those answers. Since no one has released the full access guide to it, we'll have yet to know.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I just got Dissidia 2. Lightning and Laguna are a blast to play, I've allready done one of the villian story arcs, and a tiny bit of research shows Gilgamesh is a secret lethal joke character. And my fandom part of my brain rejoiced.

((WHERE'S DE RED MAGE!!! D: ))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Which version of Gilgamesh, that's the question.

And I need to charge my PSP. If you've got the PSN, there's an alternate costume for the Warrior of Light, free download. I also got the "Dark Cloud" skin as well. Loved his look in KH1.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

What the hell is wrong with you people? I talk about Dissidia Duodecim for a couple of posts and none of you say a goddamn word, not even anything about being excited for it.

Anywho, rage away now.

I've completed 012 and Cloud's story in 013 and I've unlocked Prishe and Gilgamesh. Who is fucking amazing. And Copper, what do you man which Gilgamesh? The character is supposed to be a dimension hopping nutcase, so he's technically all of them. Anyway, if you want to know what specific Gilgamesh he's supposed to be then he's the one from FF5. As evidenced by his massive 'grudge' against Bartz.

I did like Lightning in Duodecim, but her paradigms were a bit difficult for me to use as I'm not the type to really use much strategy in fighting games so having access to a wide range of skills was a bit pointless to me. Laguna on the other hand is amazing. So long as you fight on the ground.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Anyway, if you want to know what specific Gilgamesh he's supposed to be then he's the one from FF5. As evidenced by his massive 'grudge' against Bartz.
Reh?

Grudge? Really? Obviously that's not from near the end of the game, timeline-wise. And ultimately, he was always more of an enemy towards Galuf than Bartz

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Reh?

Grudge? Really? Obviously that's not from near the end of the game, timeline-wise. And ultimately, he was always more of an enemy towards Galuf than Bartz
Well I say grudge, it's more of a unrequited rivalry he has with Bartz. And it's from after he was banished to the Rift, he was determined to track Bartz down to prove who's the strongest swordsman once he had escaped. He wasn't actually a warrior summoned to Cosmos' and Chaos' world, he stumbled upon it by accident as he travelled through dimensions.