What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Thank you, Kusanagi. Funny the things you learn reading other sources. Apparently Ho and Oh are Chinese in origin and are a pair of birds that come together to become a phoenix...or at least that's what I gathered. They just recently came up in the manga that I was reading.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well I did it. I'm a sick bastard who can't keep away from it. And should go die for doing it.
... I preordered both HeartGold and SoulSilver. I get to get a Ho-Oh and Lugia figurine for it. I also heard that between January 30th and February 12th(?), you can go to your Gamestop and get some special Pichu. I... I don't think I'm geeky enough to go up to the cashier and say, "Hey, can you gimme that special edition Pichu?"
Oh for the love of Christ. I hope we get a Ho-oh and Lugia model when we get the chance to preoder HG/SS. If we don't, well Dark you better hide yours well otherwise I'll be coming to America to take yours. And if we don't get the event to get the Spikey-Eared Pichu then I will also be stealing your game. >:-|

And yes, Kitler is right about the Spikey-Eared Pichu. I believe it's from the latest(?) movie, the reason why it can't evolve is because it's travelled through time with celebi too much. Yeah, I've been following everything about HG/SS since the announcement of it.

And Hero is right, Lugia>Ho-oh.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Pssh, Charizard>All

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Debatable. Charizard is my party Fire-type, but I think my favourite two are Gardevoir and Scizor.
Gardevoir>Scizor>Umbreon>Charizard>All.

Dusty

Totaly not actualy a Moderator
Reputation score

I also pre-ordered Soul Silver. It felt MANLY asking to reserve a copy of that.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

This up to date Pokemon talk scares and confuses me. I used to have the first 150 memorised to a surprising amount of detail, but that memory is both lacking maintenance and now obsolete. Never played any other than the original Blue. How many are there now? And while I can't talk about the later games, has anyone ever realised how perfect the Pokemon franchise is perfect for an MMO adaptation? It's so easy to imagine how everything would work, I find it strange that it doesn't exist yet. Trading stuff, a unique spin on the typical grinding, an easy PvP system, leagues to conquer, tournaments for elite players to aspire to, multiple islands to explore, an army of customisable trainer avatars marching about.

It'd be so easy to design a half decent game at least up to scratch with existing MMOs, but with some clever designers I reckon it could actually do something new for the MMO genre as well.

Dusty

Reputation score

The internet is awesome.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Meh, I wanna better one... >_>

*...says despite knowing bugger all about the game...*

Kitler

Banned
Reputation score

I do not know whether to rage hard at an online pokemon rpg... or declare it minor win...

and any original 150> second gen > 3rd-4th
(even magikarp pwns seabass...)

Dusty

Reputation score

Meh, I wanna better one... >_>

*...says despite knowing bugger all about the game...*
By better, do you mean you want Game Freak themselves to make an official MMORPG?

Kitler

Banned
Reputation score

Yes...yes I do...

And all pokemon should be remastered like so...

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Yeah, I probably meant that. A shiny official one. After all, if the fans are making their own, then I'd say there's probably a market for it right? I'm thinking possibly a guild wars style pay system, since I hate subscription fees and Pokemon fans have proved they will buy the same game in different packaging already. Maybe unlocking islands and access to tournaments with each game disc, with each release representing a membership card or travel pass.

I was imagining stylised 3D graphics, allowing a bit more scope for the game world and more character for the player avatars (Kitler's proposed re-mastering is also worth considering...). Freedom and customisation would be important. I would want to be able to freely choose my preferred style of silly trainer hat without someone identifying me as a noob because it's one of the few options everyone gets at the start. An expanded battle system would be interesting too. Likely mainly based on the old turn based system, but I'm sure there could be more scope for clever battling tactical stuff somehow too. Since pokemon would get traded all over the place, a system to determine how well the critter trusts you or any new master would be relevant. Also riding em in a 3D landscape. Doesn't that sound fun? Including any flying critter large enough to cope.

I'm somehow failing to think of the new and interesting part I was sure I had ideas for a while ago, so I'm going to stop trying to say how this game should be for now. It's just strange that as someone majorly disillusioned by the MMO genre, and not really much of a pokemon fan either, I find the concept of a Pokemon MMO so interesting.

(She's even painted her lips... I wonder how long that paint stayed on.)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised there isn't an official pokemon MMO. Just about everything else has an MMO, why not pokemon. Not that I would actually play it since I'm not a big pokemon fan, but it's still surprising.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, first of all, Wobbuffet > All. Seriously.
Secondly,
you better hide yours well otherwise I'll be coming to America to take yours.
I shall ready the hot tub.

Thirdly, Celibi? I thought the Pichu event was supposed to just unlock ANOTHER Pichu. It'd be kickass if I could get a Celibi instead though.

Dusty

Reputation score

What? Wobbuffet's awesome and all. But how the holy fuck can Wobbuffet outrank Ditto? It can transform into anything. AND IT CAN BREED WITH ANYTHING.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What? Wobbuffet's awesome and all. But how the holy fuck can Wobbuffet outrank Ditto? It can transform into anything. AND IT CAN BREED WITH ANYTHING.
ditto=dildo?
...diltto?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Clit + Dlitto =

Clitto?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

A pokemon mmo would probably be an easy way for whoever made the original games to get some extra cash, and for some people to get new games. I know of at least 4 different pokemon mmo's already, and then promptly forgot them because they never really worked out.

What's all this talk about pokemon after 150? I know mew is 151, and then the second generationstuff of pokemon was nice, but after that they just seemed forced to me, much less creative then the first few.(With maybe one or two exceptions)

Besides, ditto.

It's just like a sex-slime or whatever you call it.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

The internet is awesome.
I played this for a bit.

And for all your HG/SS needs go to; And for info on the Spikey-Eared Pichu go here;