What's new

GameTrailers doesn't really fuck up GOTY 2009 as far as I'm concerned

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: GameTrailers doesn't really fuck up GOTY 2009 as far as I'm concerned

That would probably be the new one, which centers around Raiden. I think the story is what Raiden was doing when he wasn't with Snake in MGS4.
That's be the one I heard about.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Indeed, but I have low expectations from it. It is no longer a "Tactical Espionage Action" Game, but a "Lightning Action mrmrmrmrrmm" I closed the page after reading that far... So yes, 360 gets it, but it doesn't appear to actually be the MGS that we currently know.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed, but I have low expectations from it. It is no longer a "Tactical Espionage Action" Game, but a "Lightning Action mrmrmrmrrmm" I closed the page after reading that far... So yes, 360 gets it, but it doesn't appear to actually be the MGS that we currently know.
*shrugs* I never got into Metal Gear Solid. I always had Splinter Cell for Tactical Espionage Action. Even still, I was never huge on stealth games.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

:p I only got into it when I played MGS4, then I liked it, and found my dad's old copy of MGS1, then borrowed MGS3, then MGS2, which is the worst of the 4 if you ask me.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Y'know what games they need to remake with the kickass graphics of PS3 and 360?

Front Mission. Not the crappy little remake that was on the DS, that one fails. I'm talking Front Mission: Alternative, and Front Mission 3, and especially Front Mission 4. All of them had fairly good customization, and it wasn't very dulled down. The first GOOD mech series I ever played.
Hmm, that sounds familiar for some reason. I might have something you'll want to keep an eye on. Don't know the series myself, but it sounds a little like your talking about ?

And the mechs are called Wanzers? Too awesome.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, the mechs are called Wanzers, and yes, that game sounds too awesome. Front Mission Alternative reborn. Too bad it takes place almost a hundred years after Front Mission 4.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anyone else played Divinity II yet? I just picked it up, and its already making me want to trade it in.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

My flat mate did a day or two ago. He's been pissed of about some 1g secret achievement he can't figure out how to get. And yeah, while I've not played it myself, it looks pretty horrible.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

My flat mate did a day or two ago. He's been pissed of about some 1g secret achievement he can't figure out how to get. And yeah, while I've not played it myself, it looks pretty horrible.
Making an Achievement 'secret' is bullshit IMO, unless the title for it might as well be the description for how to get it.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Making an Achievement 'secret' is bullshit IMO, unless the title for it might as well be the description for how to get it.
I don't mind secret achievements if it involves plot.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I was just watching a SupCom 2 preview thing. Not sure what to make of it though.
(This particular vid is a little dull unless your interested in the game already.)

First time actually seeing Chris Taylor, and can't help but notice how much he seems like an excited kid when talking about his favourite units and such. But that's irrelevant. Game looks okay. The claimed improvements on reduced CPU murder sound good. The more varied map style makes me want to see some more examples. The upgrade system looks interesting, if a little unnerving somehow. The poor Fatboy looks anorexic. And stuff.

There was one real reason I brought this up. The comments they made on the economy changes. How people were getting confused/stuck/doing it wrong, and that they have somehow "fixed" this. He doesn't specify how, but the top left corner looks very wrong to me. It's hard to tell for certain, but I see three singular numbers reminiscent of an age of empires style unlimited resource stash. If they have scrapped the TA style storage limited income/expenditure resource system, I am going to spell out angry messages in nukes.

Someone please prove me wrong. ;_;

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

squid, if that happens i know people who will fix the game.

also seeing chris taylor for the first time i couldn't get over how much of a douche he seemed.

edit: after looking at the pics the first one seems to be upgrade or tech level, then mass, then energy, then population cap (it said 300 so its not actually different from what it used to be unless units take up multiple points each)

although i died inside more than a little on reading this:
* [7/3/2009, Issue 203, August] PC Gamer UK article (four pages), scanned screens (1, 2, 3), new facts: you play as the character from the faction you're controlling in the campaign, two new maps detailed ["We saw two other impressive maps. The first, called Borehole, is a cross-shaped four-player multiplayer map. It was designed as a geothermal facility situated atop a huge mine shaft that appeared to go down for miles. Looking over the edge I could see a huge rotating fan blade blowing steam up from the planet's core. The second map was the biggest yet. This industrial complex is made up of a series of interconnected platforms, both man-made and natural. In the campaign mission that takes place here there are several factories run amok, cranking out AI-controlled Fatboy tanks. If you can capture them [the factories], the Fatboys will fight for you (though still under AI control). Taylor says GPG's design team has more of this type of unconventional mission planned to make the campaign more interesting."], no limit on mass and energy so no storage facilities needed anymore, engineers can no longer group up on a building project to increase production speed, build times have been rebalanced to compensate for this so you can build even the most powerful artillery structures in a reasonable amount of time with a single engineer.
edit 2: the upgrade tech level is in fact upgrade points for researching stuff me thinks. gained through battle apparently.

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Having now learnt more...

If SupCom was the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation, then SupCom 2 is a bastard child pissing on their grandparents grave.

I'm afraid to suggest it, since I'm all for an RTS working on a console, but this couldn't be down to the multi platform development this time could it?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm of the opinion that RTS is best with mouse and keyboard. Console player though I may be, I will bow to PC to play me some Rome: Total War or Company of Heroes... and soon Starcraft II

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

That's right you will. Because starcraft 2 will fuck your shit UP if you even THINK the word "console" in its viscinity.

Although I will say I wish Blizzard had come out with Ghost.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's right you will. Because starcraft 2 will fuck your shit UP if you even THINK the word "console" in its viscinity.

Although I will say I wish Blizzard had come out with Ghost.
I've always been one to say that RTS should be aimed for PC only. I've never said otherwise. I've played four different RTS games on either Xbox or 360, and none of them have captured the same feel as on PC, never mind that the controls are just annoying.

As for Ghost, that wasn't being entirely handled by Blizzard, which is why it went the way of the Dodo bird. There were a few different companies who tried to make it, and they all went tits up.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Though I've been hearing rumors that Blizz is working on a Sci-Fi MMOFPS, so maybe.. just maybe.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

would that be world of starcraft?

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

I was thinking that they might've turned Ghost into an MMO instead of a single-player.

Which would be awesome. They might actually make it a MMOFPS instead of the MMOTPS's that claim to be MMOFPS's.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

It did originally have a multiplayer mode, so that could be. And agreed, Ghost is one of those games I'd pay big money for if it ever came out.

<3 Nova