What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

Poikoyasu

Reputation score
I either didn't paid attention back then but the body movement seems even more smoother than in Mermaiden.Even if it's just me,that's really good-looking
Personally I feel like it might have been a good idea to wait for a demo before creating a thread, reason I say is because I feel like it might come a long a bit later for this year.
A thread ended up being created because the Mermaiden thread was getting too flooded with updates on this game.Personally,I think separating the discussion is fine,better give it's own thread than keep necromancing the thread for an already released game.

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
More new scenes.

Personally I feel like it might have been a good idea to wait for a demo before creating a thread, reason I say is because I feel like it might come a long a bit later for this year.
That's also what I was thinking.
I could have created a new thread anytime but if I did, I would also need to edit the original post as new information and new control scheme are revealed.

If I waited until a demo is released, with the general mechanics being more clear then it will be much easier to write an informative original post.

OP
blueinorb9

blueinorb9

Reputation score
New blog update:

The demo will contain 3 characters: Hachina, , and . Meanwhile, and will be in the full version.

Also..

If there's anything that you think should be added into the main post, please let me know. I don't know how things work around here that much, so I'd appreciate any help and advices.

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
New blog update:

The demo will contain 3 characters: Hachina, , and . Meanwhile, and will be in the full version.

Also..

If there's anything that you think should be added into the main post, please let me know. I don't know how things work around here that much, so I'd appreciate any help and advices.
Good, sounds like the December demo will be released as planned.

OP
blueinorb9

blueinorb9

Reputation score
Ci-en's November update:

Some new info I've noticed:
- The team is trying to make save files located in the game folder instead of AppData folder (how Mission Mermaiden worked). It's not confirmed yet but we'll see.
- Unlike Mission Mermaiden, this time all the locations are connected and there'll be no world screen.
- If I read this right, alpha release is expected around December 24th. It'll cover the first half of chapter 1 (boss fight not included), which is roughly the equivalent of 1.5 stage in Mission Mermaiden.
- There'll be 5 chapters in total in the full game.
- Alpha release will be available on Ci-en once it's ready.
- Please keep in mind that save data in alpha release cannot be carried over to the full version

Also I noticed Boxtie's comment on this "thing" whether it's a boss attack or a hazard.

Mizuku describes this enemy as "an environmental type of enemy that appears unexpectedly when you are standing still.", so it's probably a hazard.

Last edited:

takeba

Reputation score
It's shaping up to be one of the better h-games I'm really looking forward to

Poikoyasu

Reputation score
Mizuku has been pretty quiet these past weeks (unless there was some text only tweet that I can't read).I wonder if the demo will drop this week like some Christmas miracle or at the monthly Ci-En post.

More inclined to the latter,tbh.

KYUUUREM

Reputation score
Mizuku has been pretty quiet these past weeks (unless there was some text only tweet that I can't read).I wonder if the demo will drop this week like some Christmas miracle or at the monthly Ci-En post.

More inclined to the latter,tbh.
Well, their plan is for the Alpha to drop by the end of December, so that's probably why they've been quiet. Maybe they have some stuff in there that hasn't been shown in their Ci-En or Twitter yet?

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Any idea what are we supposed to do with the pinwheel cave?
Going by my machine translator i think thats the end of the demo. There's nothing after getting to the second village besides the dialogue there.
So to sum up all the content I've found:
The flys have a grab when you're low on clothing, with three levels depending on the number grabbing you (up to 3). Simple 2 stage progression.
The ground tentacles Grab you if you stay still, prgress through leg grab>arm grab>drain>fast drain. Drains mp for super move.
The fly dispensor has a grab if you jump into it. Another MP drain with 3 stages of progression.
The crawling tendril things can grab via their tongue up move. stay below the tentacle to get hit. Inflicts a status effect on orgasm that progresses over time to a second stage.
The second stage of the status effect above adds the parasite gauge we saw earlier this week. Moving raises it, staying still lets it decay. Max it out and it will fuck you.
Finally the pollen spewing flowers in the second zone raise arousal if you stay near them, up to a cap. at/near that cap they can grab you. continued grab adds a status effect, though i've no idea the affect.
I feel like they've really upped their game on this one as compared to Mermaiden. If they keep up this quantity of content for the rest of the game (what we've seen is half of stage 1-of-5, and misses out on a boss that is supposed to cap off this section so i'm guessing they're sticking to the mermaiden formula of 2 bosses per world) then this could easily be twice as big as Mermaiden, possibly even more.

Last edited:

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
is it just me or are the flys buggy and make you softlock?

KYUUUREM

Reputation score
is it just me or are the flys buggy and make you softlock?
Can confirm, I got grappled by two of the flies and randomly fell through the map, locking up my game. I couldn't even struggle out of the restraint. Had to restart the application entirely and load the last save.